1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kawamura Mahiro (Rottii) / 1st Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by ~~kumako~~, Feb 20, 2012.

1. BarneyInvisible

BarneyInvisible Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    she went back to Japan to meet some old friends

Karin-chan and ... someone next to her I dont recognize :D

(from Karin blog)
    57154752_2165195413536386_4387461250670395392_o.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    Z-Pop Dream released a playlist of songs that Z-Girls like and there is a Nogizaka46 song in it [hehe] It's "Kizuitara Katamoi" You can see the full playlist here

• Like Like x 2
  3. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Another new variety episode, but no Rotti again :( I'm a bit worried. Why isn't Zenith promoting her, if they are going to tour Japan soon? She's the least known member of Z-Girls and that bothers me. Her english not great, I get it but again she doesn't have to speak much and she did fine last time.

Also I've been hearing rumors about Zenith is struggling financially and Z-POP groups are flopping, after their Asia tour. Maybe the bitcoin scheme didn't work afterall?

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  4. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    Just like the last time not all the members are featured on this video, she isn't the only one absent no need to panic. She isn't missing any official schedule anyway, this video serie is a bonus from them not an official variety/reality show. The girls seems to be doing as they please (I mean Priyanka and Mahiro slept instead of filming the last one) which means that participation isn't mandatory, maybe Mahiro isn't interested in filming this ?
    She already filmed one anyway:

This might also be caused by a visa issue, Sid was absent during a part of the promotion without any explanation but fans guessed it was due to a visa problem. Priyanka also said that she was the last one to arrive when they were training because of her visa. Maybe this is the same for Mahiro ?
    Another possibility: she needed to rest, whenever they are in Korea all they seem to do is working so whenever she gets free time she doesn't want to tire herself with filming.

Concerning the financial situation of Zenith I don't think we need to worry they aren't the only ones involved in this meaning that
    1) Zenith is financially stable, I don't see big compagnies invest in a project from a broke compagny
    2) They didn't expect the group's popularity to skyrocket from the beginning, because Zenith might be fools but not their partners. There is no way they thought that a a group who is not from the BIG 3 and without any Korean promotion would be doing incredibly a few months after its debut.

On the same topic, Zenith wouldn't be letting do stuffs like those if the situation was catastrophic, they'd be thinking about milking as much money as possible from the group before disbanding it.
    Concerning the virtual currency last time I checked the coins it wasn't possible to buy those coins anymore you had to wait for the next session, which means they probably got sold out. I don't know more about it.

5. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

A friend of mine is a KPOP fan and she told me a great deal of how Kpop companies operates and how shady some pf them are. One of the agencies in her blacklist was Zenith Media Contents. They have two current groups in their lineup, Wanna.B and LipBubble. Wanna.B just had a comeback after 3 years in a semi-hiatus, and the video looked damn cheap. Before that, they didn't even bother to promote them properly. Instead of going to music shows, they just sent them busking in Hongdae and some shopping malls. Another group LipBubble, has been losing members like flies and totally flopped. They also were mismanaged.

So taking all these histories to account, it's hard to me to trust Zenith with their cryptocurrency. For all we know, they could have manipulated the whole bitcoin stuff, and many economic experts I've read lately says this is probably a scam. Or they took a big loan to finance this project, but without any guarantee for it to be a profit.

I just wished Rotti joined a better reputated company than Zenith. This whole Z-POP stuff seems to be leaning towards a money laundering situation, and I feel bad for Rotti. She deserves better than this.

Z-POP released a MV for Our Galaxy today

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  6. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    I'm a kpop fan too so I know about them and their poor management skills but as I said I'm not worried as of now (I'll probably change of opinion if they strat doing worrying things) because other compagnies are involved in this. Had they been the only ones in this project I would have been super nervous for Mahiro but there are more people than just them involved so it just makes me hope that the fear of a lawsuit or the destruction of their reputation would make Zenith act right for once in their life.
    But yeah agree I wish she joined a better agency although every agency on earth is shady and untrustworthy

Concerning the crypto currency I already stated my mind of that in another post a while ago so my lazy but won't repeat itself lol

This music video is really cute ! You can see how close they are now and how hard they worked, I like that !

On another note, KBS announced that the final names of both groups have been decided ! Don't forget to check out your e-mail guys you might be the winner !

• Like Like x 1
  7. welp

welp Next Girls

Who are big companies? Anyway, big companies can be fools (or pretend to be fools) investing in a broke company.

Actually, Wanna B recently promoted on Music Core, the show on a major channel, MBC.

This late promotion made me curious if the agency recently received a lump of money.

They are many things I wish to be better but they are what they are.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

I hope they get a cool name. I myself sent in a suggestion for Z-Girls: Zangea as in the supercontintent Pangea :D

This is just a opinion, but I really think Rotti fits a concept like TWICE or WJSN Cosmic Girls than girl crush. So that in mind, if the upcoming second generation that will be choosen later this year will have members that fits that concept, maybe Z-POP should change the lineup a bit, by taking members that fit girl crush to the current, and Mahiro could join the second if they are going for a Twice concept?

I question this too. We could clearly see when Zstars promoted in SEA, they were on a tight budget. They wore the same outfits all the time!

I wonder what's next for them. Hope Zenith can give them something to do in Korea. If they are not going to join music shows, then let them perform other places. Korea has a lot of arenas they can promote themselves. But still, I hope they will get to appear on Arirang After School and perform on Simply K-POP. Let Rotti and the members that are clearly KPOP fan from the random dance video, to experience the closest thing to a korean music show.

9. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Short mukbang with all Z-Girls members

Many comments were about Rotti, so happy she getting some recognition now.

10. welp

welp Next Girls

Z-Girls was back to Vietnam it seemed

I believe concept is less of a problem of Z-Girls. To be honest, by average, the group is visually weak, neither its members have spectacular talents/skills to make up for it.

Neither I care that much about repetitive costumes. They have 4-5 sets of costumes and those are various enough in my opinion. (48 girls even promote in 1 and only set of costume entire promotion cycle.)

Arena is expensive to rent and decorate. Neither many audiences will go to see an obscure group. The most powerful promotion still is music shows. If they can't go to one, they may do busking, perform is random events and guest online shows.

11. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Skills can always improve and judging from their interviews of how hard the training is, it's just matter of time when they get that in place.

I disagree a bit about their visuals are average. Compared to the boys, Zgirls visuals are top notch imo. Joanne, Rotti and Carlyn are definately the prettiest. Bell is very cute and Queen is basicially Red Velvet Joy's twin sister :D All though Priyanka is pretty, her brown skin could be a issue if they promoted in Korea. Unfortunately Vanya is at the bottom. I'm not saying she's ugly, but she is average at most. But them being in a korean agency, I think Zenith will make Vanya modify her face a bit either through extreme diet or surgery.

A bit off-topic, but Twice when they debuted after Sixteen, none of them stood particularly out. Jihyeon didn't fit the korean beauty standard at first, but after a huge weight loss over the years, she's now on of the visuals in the group. I think the same can happen to Vanya over time.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  12. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Even if this group or the management were a hack, Mahiro receives more work here than she ever had in Nogizaka. Good for her and hopefully it becomes fruitful.

Really, they should change the name soon. The name Z-Girls is cringy. But why not right from the beggining they were given a better name??

Btw out of all the members, the only one with celebrity material is I think the center (the one who sings the most). She sings and dances well without going over the top. She's cute too. If only her height is taller..

13. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

They are going to have a new name in July, according to their company's CEO. Also it will their first comeback.

Z-Girls with a new video, but no Mahiro. I guess it's a good reason for her absence, but the company should say something so that fans won't worry and speculating stuff.

14. welp

welp Next Girls

It makes no sense to compare to ZBoys when its rivals are other 101 girl groups in the market.
    How hard they train? Definitely not as hard as K-pop idols. ZGirls spends most time away from Korea.

There is another Korea based idol project pretty similar to Z-Pop. A Korean company named Odyssey International announced a pan SEA idol project. First, it will be audition TV show, Battle of Dreams in each nation to find national winners, boy and girl. Winners from each nation will fly to Korea for 5-month training. After the training it will be "Asian Championship" match to select members of 'global' idol groups. The process will repeat every other year. As Odyssey boasted to invest roughly 100 million bahts for the audition show in each SEA nation (1 billion bahts in total), the project is not any less sketchy. It makes no sense to invest 100 million bahts (roughly 3 million USD) on Laos or Brunei's music market. If that is not sketchy enough, how comes a company whose name is unheard of to K-pop fans raised 1 billion bahts fund (and even more for Asian Championship and debut process)?
    And, ehem, this is the VTR for the presscon of 100 million baht project. Odyssey's logo has star too.
    The chairman of Odyssey is Anthony Park, not Jun Kang, but I won't be surprised if this company relates to Zenith.

15. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

LOL, not to sound rude but that Battle of Dreams looks so bad in comparison to Z-POP. Don't think that project will take off, when even Z-POP is still struggling to get the attention they need.

Korean companies needs to stop with these pan-asian projects, unless they want to do it properly. We already have Z-POP and Now United, and both of them are not doing that well I'm afraid. A better idea would be to do what AKB48, JYP and SM are creating: local groups in the respective asian countries and let them grow. Less cultural differences and cheaper way to promote themselves.

Z-Girls new vlog and no Rotti again. I wonder what's going on with her. I read comments saying she's still in Japan and they are now prepping for their first comeback. All of them are in Korea but not Rotti. Zenith is saying nothing as usual and they should so fans won't worry.

16. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

I've heard some rumors and seen comments saying Rotti may be out of the group. She's still not in Korea.

17. welp

welp Next Girls

Not to be rude but, while Z-pop got obscure audition, Battle of Dreams' audition will be aired on the country's highest viewership rating channel, Ch7, and all mentors of the show well-known faces of the country. As this show will be aired on Ch7, its press con has been reported by Ch7 and the project has gained fair recognition already. That being said, I have extremely low expectation on these non-K-pop groups with the base in no specific country. I'll be shocked if the 2 groups combined (boy and girl ones) can generate accumulated 1 billion baht income in 5 years.

Talking about JYP, possibly, it is recruiting trainees for Thai boy and girl groups. JYP Thailand has just announced the audition for boy and girl groups and it doesn't seem to be a part of JYP's global audition as per usual. The group is more marketable if it bases in a specific country.

About Mahiro possibly leaving, that may be good news. Not like it's really different if the agency made statement. Most of the time, K-pop agency's statement is untrustworthy.

18. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    They should restyle their vlog's concept. Just from the thumbnail alone it makes me not wanting to view it. Learn from how Mnet that sells Sakura as the thumbnail clickbait despite not being the center. Find your most attractive member and sell it, if that's their cup of tea. These girls with funny faces as thumbnail will only make them go as far as being a youtube celebrities than a K-Pop level idols. And also by now I think the only market they are serving is international, progressive K-Pop fans that find having a South Asian member in a group with mostly East Asian so much worthy to be stanned.

Not exactly related, just want to put it out there that this kind of #stantalent mentality sometimes inversely proportional to K-Pop fans' infatuation towards "visuals".

As in regards to Mahiro, as long as she gets better career progression here than in Nogizaka LLC or in Japan, I'm wishing her good luck.

19. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

I'll guess I be tuning in just for the sake of curiosity if Battle of Dreams will be broadcast online. I have no doubt lots of money has been put into this project, but from the teaser you linked, it looked low-quality.

I'm excited for JYP's plan in Thailand. It's similar to what's going on with NCT planning with a local group in Vietnam, where I'm from. Also, did you know RBW Vietnam Office is now currently training 7 boys for a potential boy group? They are called D1Verse and are training in Korea.

I agree. Should put Joanne or Rotti in the thumbnail, because in my opinion they are the prettiest in the group. But it seems to me Zenith wants this group to embrace their diversity and be different than KPOP. U know, Vanya flat nose, Bell crooked teeth or Priyanka having brown skin.

It seems we can call off her departure rumors for now, since she still follows Z-Girls and updated IG account.

Oh she looks really good with this color ^^

EDIT: Z-Stars were interviewed by Asian Boss and Rotti weren't there. The clip showed them dancing practice probably to their comeback and I wonder if she will participated in it. Unless they postponed their comeback next comeback until she returns to Korea. But I don't like that she is missing out a lot lately.

Last edited: May 19, 2019