1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage AKB48 KKS [Pajama Drive] (2018/11/18 - )

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kuura, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    https://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12414621623.html
    Announced during a "Shuugyouchuu" stage on 2018/10/26.

AKB48 KKS [Pajama Drive] (2018/11/18 - )

Appearing members:
    AKB48 KKS

Shonichi members: Sato Minami, Honda Sora, Michieda Saki, Yamane Suzuha, Okada Rina, Katsumata Saori, Kobayashi Ran, Nagatomo Ayami, Yahagi Moeka, Otake Hitomi, Omori Maho, Harima Nanami, Kuramoto Miyuu, Kurosu Haruka, Tada Kyoka, Yoshihashi Yuzuka

SET LIST
    M00. overture
    M01. Shonichi
    M02. Hissatsu Teleport
    M03. Gokigen Naname na Mermaid
    M04. Futari Nori no Jitensha

MC1
    M05. Tenshi no Shippo (Omori Maho, Kuramoto Miyu, Yoshihashi Yuzuka)
    M06. Pajama Drive (Yahagi Moeka, Kobayashi Ran, Sato Minami)
    M07. Junjou Shugi (Ootake Hitomi, Michieda Saki, Harima Nanami)
    M08. Temodemo no Namida (Kurosu Haruka, Okada Rina)
    M09. Kagami no Naka no Jean Da Arc (Yamane Suzuha, Nagatomo Ayami, Honda Sora, Katsumata Saori, Tada Kyoka)
    MC2

M10. Two years later
    M11. Inochi no Tsukaimichi
    M12. Kiss Shite Son Shichatta

MC3

M13. Boku no Sakura

Encore:
    EN01. Wasshoi KKS!
    EN02. Ougon Center
    EN03. Shiroi Shirts

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. coldwindblow

coldwindblow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Shonichi members announced.
    https://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12418656741.html

佐藤美波・本田そら・道枝咲・山根涼羽・岡田梨奈・勝又彩央里・小林蘭・長友彩海・矢作萌夏・大竹ひとみ・大盛真歩・播磨七海・蔵本美結・黒須遥香・多田京加・吉橋柚花

Sato Minami, Honda Sora, Michieda Saki, Yamane Suzuha, Okada Rina, Katsumata Saori, Kobayashi Ran, Nagatomo Ayami, Yahagi Moeka, Otake Hitomi, Omori Maho, Harima Nanami, Sakamoto Miyuu, Kurosu Haruka, Tada Kyoka, Yoshihashi Yuzuka

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. ossan

ossan Member

Second day
    https://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12418985987.html

佐藤美波・本田そら・道枝咲・山根涼羽・岡田梨奈・勝又彩央里・小林蘭・末永祐月・長友彩海・矢作萌夏・大竹ひとみ・大盛真歩・齋藤陽菜・播磨七海・石綿星南・蔵本美結

Sato Minami, Honda Sora, Michieda Saki, Yamane Suzuha, Okada Rina, Katsumata Saori, Kobayashi Ran, Suenaga Yuzuki, Nagatomo Ayami, Yahagi Moeka, Otake Hitomi, Omori Maho, Saito Haruna, Harima Nanami, Ishiwata Sena, Kuramoto Miyuu

rest members
    Homma Mai, Sato Shiori, Furukawa Nazuna, Nagano Megumi

4. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ossan

ossan Member

Third day
    https://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12420382391.html

Sato Shiori, Sato Minami, Furukawa Nazuna, Honda Sora, Michieda Saki, Yamane Suzuha, Kobayashi Ran, Nagatomo Ayami, Nagano Megumi, Otake Hitomi, Omori Maho, Harima Nanami, Kurosu Haruka, Tada Kyoka, Homma Mai, Yoshihashi Yuzuka

6. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Got into the third show via Ippan Cancel Machi. Always love me some Pajama Drive. Will write a report soon

• Like Like x 2
  7. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I saw that Homma made everyone laugh really hard.
    I wonder about her performance.

8. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    AKB48 Kenkyuusei Pajama Drive Stage ~Homma Mai Seitensei~ (2018/11/26)

donki5.jpg

After a lucky streak in the late Summer where I seemed to be winning every couple of weeks, either outright or with a low cancel machi number, I got back into a bit of a drought. It wasn't that I wasn't getting anything via the ticket center, but the cancel machi numbers I was receiving were all relatively high, and for Team A, which is a bit tougher to win. After getting my Cancel Machi email on Sunday for the new Kenkyuusei stage, I was a bit more hopeful. I really wanted to win this too since both Zunchan and Ranchan would be appearing.

After a quick 15 cancellations showing on the system Sunday afternoon, the cancels stalled all day Monday, that is until around 90 minutes before the show when it ballooned over 30. I figured this gave my cancel machi #67 a fighting chance. After a couple pre-game cocktails I made my way to the Donki to hopefully win the show. I noticed there wasn't anyone queued yet in the outer hall, so I figured my prospects were decent. Shortly after 6pm, staff began calling the cancel machi numbers quite rapidly, slowing down and stopping in the low 50's. I only needed four more people in front of me to be absent in order to win on the second call. Luckily, they had a bunch of cancel machi cancellations too, and when staff skipped from #61 to #66 I knew I was good to go. Sure enough, I was third-to-last called, but I was getting in...

donki1.jpg

This would be my 48th(!!!) theater show. I'm not sure how many times I have seen 16th gen and the 3rd gen draftees, but it must be creeping up to the same number of times I saw SDN48 back in the day. Of course this would be the first time seeing the kenkyuusei do Pajama Drive, although I have seen Team B's third stage before. In fact, I saw its original run back in 2008. Ahh, the memories! I am pretty sure I saw 15th gen do it as well. The stage is a lot of fun, and is generally considered one of the most beloved stages of all time.

I got my Homma Mai seitensei package from the committee, and upon entering the theater I made my usual beeline to the far right side of the room. It's an obstructed view, as the right pillar pretty much blocks most of the center stage, but there are fewer people over there, and you have a clear shot of the right side of the stage. Luckily I found a spot with nothing but short people in front of me, so it worked out perfectly.

donki3.jpg

In addition to being Maichan's birthday, this was also the 'full stage' debut of Furukawa Nazuna and Nagano Megumi. I didn't know that until after the show started, but they made a big deal out of it throughout the performance. One tiny difference, they switched out one of the encore songs with Ougon Center, which surprised me. Although to be honest I don't remember what that other song even sounded like, LOL.

Highlights for me

Obviously I was interested in where my favorite members would be placed in the units, and to my surprise both Ranchan and Zunchan were centers for their respective songs; Ranchan centering Pajama Drive and Zunchan centering Jean da Arc. Hitomin, another member I really like, centered Junjou Shugi. Sorachan was also in the Jean da Arc unit, so all the members I really like seemed to get nice unit positions. Not to mention, both Zunchan and Ranchan seemed to get plenty of front and center time throughout the stage.

I was in the rear of the theater, so there wasn't much chance to get the members to react to me. That said, I did my best to get both Zunchan and Ranchan's attention by screaming their names, and by craning my head up when they were on my side. I am pretty sure Zunchan didn't see me at all, but at one point toward the end I think Ranchan caught me. She craned her head up like she was looking at me, then threw a quick "peace sign."

As for other members I noticed. I was glad to see Sato Shiori back in the lineup since I hadn't seen her in a while. She is totally goofy, and a lot of fun on stage. Sato Minami's popularity seems to have skyrocketed after Produce48. She was getting some intense cheers throughout the show. I have noticed Omori Maho's lane at handshake events getting bigger lately, but never really noticed her until this show. She is quite cute, and makes very cute expressions on stage. And since they were on my side a lot, I saw a lot of Kyoka, Ayamin, and Sakipon. As for the two new girls, neither stood out to me much, but it was their first time after all.

donki4.jpg

The Birthday

We received a booklet, uchiwa, and a rental penlight to use during the show. Before the encore call, the fan leading it went on for quite a long time with his tribute to Maichan. That said, there was no cake, no streamers, and no Namida Surprise? Did they stop doing that entirely? Or did Homma just get gypped? I dunno, it just seemed like they kinda rushed through the birthday.

High Wave

As the girls lined up for the exit procession Zunchan was directly in front of me, and seemed to be scanning the crowd for fans she knew. I kept waving to her, but every time I did I would instead catch the attention of Ayamin who would wave back at me, LOL. Although this ended up serving me well since when it was my turn I got a big 'English' greeting from Ayamin. Not to be outdone, Zunchan not only gave me a big 'surprised' reaction, she also had time to exclaim "You got a haircut???" She saw me on Friday at the handshake event, and I got it cut on Sunday, so yes. That's pretty cool that she noticed, eh? I knew I would get an extra special reaction from Sorachan as well since I also had a handshake with her on Friday. Hitomin and Shiori were also highlights. Of course I made a big deal out of Ranchan when I saw her, and we always connect really well. Maichan thanked me in English as I congratulated her before exiting the theater, but not before picking up the commemorative show photo booklet.

donki2.jpg

So my 48th show is in the books. My next 'milestone' show would be #50, which hopefully I get before the end of the year. Ultimately I thought the trainees did an excellent job on this stage. Frankly, I think they are just as entertaining in the theater as any of the established teams. Not to mention that most of the girls I like are kenkyuusei, so I am happy win their shows almost exclusively. That said, I will be applying for the 13th anniversary stage, although it is going to be extremely hard to win.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

There's a story behind that. The composer of the song was arrested for drug offences and ever since then the song has been replaced. It happened during HKT's run with Pajama Drive a few years ago.

Nah, she got the typical kks birthday from what you say. They've always gotten a bare bones celebration for as far back as I've been watching LODs. It seems like the cake, streamers and the whole nine yards is treated as a privilege of promotion.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Somehow I haven't heard about this, and I searched to no avail. Which song got axed, and did that composer write any other 48G songs that are now on a ban list?

11. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    It's the second to last song in the encore. I believe it's the only song he composed for AKB, and I was able to find a few news items when I googled his name.

12. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    It's that Suifu wa Arashi ni Yume wo Miru song. Shame, cause it's actually my favourite from B3.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Had another high cancel machi number, and didn't get in. Twice in fact. I had Cancel Machi #130 December 10th, and #116 on January 4th. However despite losing I did draw a yellow chopstick both times which meant I got to through 'High Touch' with the members after the show.

As for the show, I am really enjoying Ranchan's expanded role in the stage. She is still centering a lot of songs and running quite a few MCs. Also, the December show I had cancel machi for was Omori Maho's seitensei. So I had the opportunity to wish her a happy birthday, and I took a pic of her fan club flowers...

maho.jpg

I was mildly surprised to see the way fans seem to be warming up to Okada Rina. To be honest my first impression of her was that she is a bit aloof, but it seems as if fans are drawn to her general sarcasm.

As for the High Touch, the nice thing is that the girls just assume I was in the theater for the entire show. This is why when I have done handshakes with the kks and draftees lately they always remark how they often see me at the theater. I don't bother to correct them either.

I am pretty much guaranteed a great reaction from Ranchan, Sorachan and Hitomin. In fact, this week Ranchan began jumping up and down when she saw me, LOL.

Surprisingly, Sato Shiori has started giving me an extra special reaction. Satomina gave me a bright reaction in December, but January was more on autopilot.

I tried to get a reaction out of Ishiwata Sena, who I did a handshake with recently, but she was fairly non-reactionary. Katsumata Saori is usually bright and friendly.

I also got a big "English" reaction from Harima Nanami, which was a bit of a surprise since I have met her before.

Anyway, just thought I would revive this thread since I love the kks and draftees and really enjoy this stage.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Nice to hear that Saorin's friendly at the high-touch. What do you think of her performances during this stage?

15. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    AKB48 Kenkyuusei 'Pajama Drive' Stage (2019/02/01)

The last theater show I actually won was at the end of November. That's not to say I had been completely shut out on the ticket center. After all, I did win a Request Hour show, and got a good seat as well. But for the last two months the best I have gotten via the ticket center has been three really high cancel machi elections, and as a result didn't win the show. However, in two of those I did win the opportunity to participate in the post-show "high wave," which to me begs the question; Which is better? Winning the show, paying the admission, watching from a bad vantage point in the back, and greeting the members as I leave? Or, paying nothing, watching the show on the monitors (and even leaving for a while to grab some food), and then entering the theater after the show to greet the members. So to me the latter is almost as good as the former, although winning the show and having a good seat is another matter entirely.

So when received yet another cancel machi email on Thursday afternoon, I was guardedly optimistic. It wasn't the greatest cancel machi number, but it was best one I had received in the last two months. (#84) It would all depend on the cancellations, and by Friday afternoon the cancellation count on the ticket center website had already gotten fairly high. At that point I figured my chances were really good...

It had already been an eventful day. I spent my morning taking a Japanese exam, after which I hurried to Ginza to attend Wasamin's 24th birthday party, which you can read about here. After the Wasamin event I had around three hours to kill before I had to get to the Donki for the cancel machi call, so I had a light lunch at Choco Cro, and then moved over to Akihabara for a few pre-show cocktails at The Hub. I had a couple of double-Whisky/rocks, so I was in a really good mood by the time 6 p.m. rolled around.

By 5:30 the cancellations had gone past 40, so I was confident enough about my chances that I stored my backpack and jacket in a locker. However, it looked like my confidence may have been a bit premature, since when they began calling cancel machi numbers it seemed like everyone was there, with very few no-shows. Ultimately the initial call ended at #63. I thought to myself that I might not get in after all. In the meantime a young fan walked in who had won the show, and was arguing with the staff that he wanted a ticket for the seat lottery, and didn't want to be in the 'final group.' But they had already filled the tickets, so he was out of luck. This also meant one less spot in the final group, so my chances became slightly lower. They started the second call, and as it got closer to my number there were a lot of no-shows. Eventually I heard #84 called, and I was in. Score-a-rooni! In fact I was the second to last person, as they cut it off at #85. In the meantime, the kid who was pissed off that he wasn't in the seat lottery just left, which was a really dickish thing to do since it ultimately meant that he screwed over a cancel machi holder who would have gotten in had the dude just bailed from the beginning. However, they ultimately let two more people in who won the show and arrived late.

kks1.jpg

So this would be my 49th theater show. Since I entered the theater 4th to last I knew any vantage point I would have would be mediocre at best. I made my way to the far right of the standing area since I often find a decent view from the corner, but even that area was packed. Eventually two people left the area, I guess to find a better spot, so I was able to maneuver my way to a slightly better view where I could see the middle of the stage, and an obstructed view of the right side. Once the show started I came to realize that the people in the elevated back-right corner were extremely rambunctious, so this was going to be a wild show.

The Show

Okay, so let me begin by saying that I spend most of my time watching and cheering for my favorite members, and I have quite a few draftee kenkyuusei who I really like...

Kobayashi Ran (Ran-chan) She is my "go-to" girl, and I scream her name every chance I get. At first I had a little trouble finding her since she has re-styled her hair. It is somewhat shorter now, and it seemed her makeup was slightly different too. But I love that she stands at Zero position, or near-center position for so many songs. It really feels like they are grooming her for bigger things within AKB, not to mention she has become really popular during handshake events. During the final MC they played a batsu-game, which Ran-chan lost...twice! As a penalty he had to appeal to each section of the audience using Kansai-ben since she is from Osaka. ("Oniichan....)

Otake Hitomi (Hitomin) and Honda Sora (Sorachan) To me they are two of the most talented of the 3rd gen draftees, not to mention they come across as the most mature and adult-like, at least on stage. Sorachan had a huge following in the audience, and the cheers for her were quite intense whenever she talked, or sang a solo line. Hitomin is a great dancer, and her eyes are hypnotic.

Katsumata Saori Was a last-minute addition to Friday night's cast. Ya know it's too bad that she was just a little late in attempting to fish me, as she very well could've become my favorite draftee. I do enjoy watching her perform, and she always gives me a cheery greeting. However, I have never taken the time to really talk to her. I probably should though. I wonder how good her English is?

Ishiwata Sena (Senatan) She is so adorable, it is hard to take your eyes off of her. I can't believe she is older than Ran-chan. There are certain girls, Saito Haruna is another one (not to mention Satomina, who wasn't in this cast), who just captivate people with their "baby-girl" cuteness.

Tada Kyoka is the group comedian. Her reactions are always priceless. She iscut from the same cloth as members like Chori, Annya, and Noeppi. Granted, this does not often translate into huge success within AKB, but she seems to have the talent to become a great variety idol.

Okada Rina At fit I didn't like her at all, but her aloofness and dry wit has become more endearing to me the more I watch her. She almost comes across as a Shinoda Mariko, or Matsuoka Natsumi type. But I will say that she is good at controlling a conversation, and running an MC. Her performance in Jean de Arc (she replaced Zunchan in center position) is really good too.

Sato Shiori is another member who is just naturally goofy, and I like unorthodox idols. She has warmed up to me as of late too.

kks2.jpg

So yeah, I am a fan of quite a few of the current trainees. The show went well, and the back right portion of the audience was intense from start to finish. Oddly enough, three of the fans in our area left in the middle of the show, and never returned. That freed up a little space, except the two guys in front of me kept slowly shifting backwards, until one point I had to tap one of them as they were literally pushing be against the back railing, and had like two feet of space in front of them. I had half a mind to push in front of them, but I figured that wouldn't have gone well.

As for 'High Touch,' I got the usual reactions from the usual members (Sorachan, Hitomin, Saori, Shiori, Kyoka) and got a surprisingly bright 'English reaction from Kuramoto Miyuu. But Ran-chan of course got really excited, and continued to follow me and wave even when i was two members past her. Definitely a Kami-reaction. After that I left the theater, purchased my usual show commemorative photoset with folder, grabbed by stuff, and bailed. It was probably the cleanest performance of Pajama Drive I have seen these members do, and I look forward to seeing them perform it again soon...hopefully.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Another cancel machi loss. I was #117 for Kurosu Haruka's seitensei tonight, and I knew I had virtually no chance to win with such a high waiting list number. However, I still had the chance of winning the "High Touch" after the show, which I did. And I did get a birthday goodie bag, and an opportunity to take pics of the flowers...

kuros1.jpg kuros2.jpg

The flowers were nice, but the light string seemed like it was haphazardly thrown over the stand, the excess string in a rat's nest all over the ground. They also provided a black marker so you could personalize a message on the back of the uchiwa if you wanted...

kuros3.jpg kuros4.jpg

As I mentioned, I won the opportunity to enter the theater after the show was over to wave goodbye to the members. Actually, they allowed us into the theater while they were showing the Full MV of Generation Change, from the new single. For some reason, and maybe it was because I was in the theater, I liked the song a lot more than when I first heard it.

kuros5.jpg

One interesting aspect of the "High Wave" ending of the show is that the girls, while waiting for the procession to get started, begin searching the audience for fans that they know support them, and begin waving hello. Being that I entered the theater at the end I was in the very back, by the door and next to the sound booth. Despite being so far back, I was in a pretty good sight-line to the stage, and Otake Hitomi noticed me there pretty much immediately and waved to me. However, I was trying to get Ranchan's attention, who was busy fooling around with Katsumata Saori. Undaunted, whenever I saw either of them looking anywhere in my vicinity I started waving both hands. Suddenly....

I caught Katsumata's attention, and I could tell she was trying to confirm who I was as I kept waving. Suddenly she starts pulling on Ranchan's arm, and then begins pointing at me. It was as if she was saying "Hey Ranchan, your kaigai fan is here." Ranchan was looking at her like "Huh, what?" as she kept pointing. Ranchan eventually found me, and began frantically waving at me. That got me thinking...

Seori sees me waving, and her first reaction is to notify Ranchan...Saori seems to know I am a Ranchan fan. Is Ranchan discussing me with other kenkyuusei? LOL.

kuros6.jpg
    Sato Shiori, with Okada Rina

In the meantime, I got to wish Kurosu a happy birthday. Oh, and this is like the third time I have gotten an enthusiastic reaction from Sato Shiori. Perhaps I should get a handshake ticket for her. In fact, I was checking my tickets for next weekend's event to see if there were any I could oshi-mashi. Probably not, they are all my "go-to" members. But maybe I'll change my mind.

• Like Like x 7
  17. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Another bad cancel machi for the Pajama Drive stage (#131) And of course I didn't come close to getting in. (Cancel Machi went up to #82) Of course I pretty much expected that except once again I did win the "High Touch" at the end of the show. But first...

pd1.jpg

They took the photo at the end of the first set before the member intros. I really wanted to see this since they had trouble getting the girls to focus on the camera, and I knew whichever photo they chose would end up goofy. Of course they picked the first one with Ran-chan's eyes closed. Speaking of Ran-chan...

pd2.jpg

She took Sasshi's center position for the kks performance of "Jiwaru Days." Not only that, during the first MC when the members were discussing other members they have personal interactions with, quite a few of them had cute Ran-chan stories. Wow, it just seems she is currently making a big impact with the group right now. Hopefully this turns into a bright future for her.

As for the post-show farewell, most of the members I like were all bunched together in the middle, and of course I got a "kami" reaction from Ran-chan as I yelled "Jiwaru Days Centaaa!" at her while I passed. But I also got nice reactions from Sato Shiori, who I really need to get a handshake ticket for, plus Satomina, Sorachan, and Hitomin.

Even though I didn't win, I got pretty much what amounted to a free meet and greet with all the performers. I'll take it.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    AKB48 Kenkyuusei 'Pajama Drive' Stage Matinee (2019/05/19)

Another day, another crappy cancel machi number. It has been months since I had either a win, or a cancel machi number low enough where I thought my chances of winning the show were good. That pretty much means that I have to rely on A LOT of no-shows in order to get to see a show these days. So when I received cancel machi #112 via email the other day, I immediately thought "oh great, another non-vitation." Things became a little bit complicated when I found out one of the indie-idol groups I recently became interested in had a one-man live on Sunday afternoon. I was seriously considering blowing off this below-average cancel machi chance and attending that show instead. In fact, I was almost convinced to do just that when that group posted pics from their previous show and....

They performed an online live performance topless. Yes, you read that correctly. (edit)

When I got home Saturday night I realized I already missed the reservation discount for that show, and would have to pay a premium price to get in. So when I woke up in the morning, I decided to stick with the cancel machi for better or worse. I can see GinGin Girls another time. I was running a little late, and only made it to the theater three minutes before the cancel machi call. The theater was crowded, and the cancellation number was only at 25, so I figured I had about a zero chance. But the staff kept calling cancel machi numbers through the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's...this was unbelievable. I could possibly get in. But then...

Four people came up the escalator who had won, but were late. Staff informed them they would have to wait for the second cancel machi call, which pissed off two of them, who kept trying to get into the regular queue, but were repeatedly told they would have to wait. I notice that happens pretty much all the time with people who are late; they always try to argue their way into the seat lottery.

Anyway, the cancel machi cut off at #84. The four late people would get almost half the spots for the second call. At the same time their weren't very many people left. So maybe I had a chance. When the call passed #100 there were still three spots left. And when #109 checked-in that left one spot. I just needed the next two to be no-shows. Luckily they weren't there, so I would be getting the very last spot. "#112?" That's me, Score-a-rooni!

pd2.jpg

So this would be my 51st Theater Show win. And since a couple people gave me crap about making my 50th win a bigger deal than my 48th, I will point out that this is my 48th Theater Win at the AKB48 Theater (I have won three times at the SKE48 Theater) Since I was the last to enter, I took my time scouting the back for the best spot. It looked like my usual spot on the far right was full, but there seemed to be a lot more room than usual at the left-side rear (right in front of the door) This ended up being a great spot for a few reasons...

• I could see the center stage clearly,
    • Since I had nobody behind me or to my left, I could adjust myself to watch the left-side or the center with relative ease.
    • With nobody behind me I could stand on my tip-toes to raise my head higher than everyone else, thus improving my chances of getting noticed by the members.

This was the first time I noticed the "fifth guard" watching over the fans. There are two staff in suits watching from the side, then you have the staff standing against the rear of the pillars. However, I had never before noticed the fifth guard standing on a ladder next to the sound booth. Also, there was one fan on the right-side of the theater that kept holding up a sign. I was under the impression that this was against the rules, but he did it throughout the entire show, and I am sure staff saw him doing it, but they never said a word. Weird.

Katsumata Saori did the kage-ana. Oh, I should note that there were a lot of girls in this cast who I have had recent encounters with. In addition to Saori, and of course Ranchan, also in the cast were Sorachan, Hitomin, Sato Shiori, and Kurosu. all of whom I was guaranteed a good reaction. I have also had past encounters with Satomina, Senatan, Okada Rina, and Saito Haruna. So who noticed me during the show???

Hitomin, who started pointing straight at me when she was on the side-stage. Kurosu Haruka, who I am almost positive was waving at me. Sorachan may have been waving at me, but I wasn't sure. As for Ranchan, I am pretty sure s saw me back there at one point. When ever she was on the left side it seemed like she was craning her head up to see the back, and when the lights came up at the end of the show she immediately began looking my way, and found me soon after. Those are the girls who acknowledged me during the show. Here are a couple other interesting moments of note...

pd1.jpg
    Apparently this is the "We want lunch!" pose

You could hear a lot of Ranchan fans in the audience. In fact, the person next to me also supported Ranchan, and it seemed like we were in a competition of who could call her name the loudest, LOL.

I am sure most are aware that they have resumed using Suifu wa Arashi ni Yume wo Miru as the second encore song. I had gotten so used to them singing Ougon Center that the original song almost felt out of place.

Once again, it really feels like Ranchan is the 'ace' of this stage. She is out in front for most of the group songs, she centers the Pajama Drive unit song, and she is in Sasshi's position for Jiwaru Days, which was performed at the end.

pd4.jpg
    Ranchan and Sorachan

Honda Sora is a standout performer anyway, but she is especially fun to watch in Kagami no Naka no Jean Da Arc. She bounces all over the stage, and just owns the entire performance.

I am still fascinated watching Ishiwata Sena perform. As I have mentioned before, she is a member I really want to like, but don't really connect with during handshakes or high-touch. That said, I can kinda tell from watching her that she is a bit of an introvert. She isn't overly loose or expressive, but always seems to be concentrating on what she is doing during the performance. Not like that's a bad thing, it goes a long way in explaining why forging a connection with her is more difficult.

pd3.jpg
    Senatan

Anyway, I was anticipating the "High Wave" at the end of the show, and who I would get good reactions from. Sato Shiori was on the far right, and I got a nice greeting, and I got a nice smile from Okada Rina The problem was that most of the girls I like, including Ranchan, were all bunched together in the middle, so Ranchan pretty much stole me from the next three members. But it was an A+++ Ranchan reaction. As for the end of the line, I got good reactions from Satomina, and to my surprise, Senatan, who might be warming up to me after all.

Back in the lobby, the queue to get my backpack had some sort of issue, so I lined up for the photopack instead. By then they seemed to have sorted out the bag queue, so I was down the escalator in just a few minutes. At the end of the day, I am glad I made the choice of trying the the AKB show instead of the indie idols. I just know that if I had found out I could've gotten in, I would've been pissed off. And in any case, I can see the indie idols whenever I want.

Next week is the AKB48 National Event, and it looks like I am going to come into a windfall of tickets due to a couple of my friends deciding not to attend. Unfortunately Ranchan won't be there, which means I will be using the tickets mainly for Zunchan, Zukki, and if I have time, a few other random lines that catch my fancy.

• Like Like x 7
  19. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Which show was the one where they performed their encore topless?

20. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    At risk of being off-topic...

I'm honestly not sure. However, there is a recent picture of them on their twitter account on stage performing topless. However, I will ask if you want to talk about it further, please DM me.