1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

How did you become a fan of Nogizaka46?

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by jiaemi, May 17, 2014.

1. kouhaku05

kouhaku05 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    her smile is what i like the most, effortless and beautiful..

2. canaver

canaver Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    In 2013, I watched AKBINGO a lot, then I saw Nogizaka as guests there for the first time. I then decided to make the switch from AKB48 to Nogizaka46... but regularly-subbed episodes were hard to come by back then :( So my interest kind of faded...

It took me two years to finally get back to watching them again (I'm really thankful that their shows are finally getting subbed regularly now). I'm never letting any of these girls slip from my mind again! :D

'Cause you'll never know when they'll suddenly be gone (You left far too early, Nanamin...) :cry:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Irin Thirdwater

Irin Thirdwater Kenkyuusei

Hello, first post here :)

I actually didn't mean to become a fan when I started. I was just looking for a rhythm game to play as a first step into JPop and my friend who's an AKB fan showed me a few on his phone and they were all Love Live stuff (didn't know too much about those still). I found their voices rather high-pitched and the tempo too fast, so I tried to find more Japanese rhythm games and came across Nogizaka Festival. I didn't know what NGZ was at the time either and thought they were also AKB when my friend told me they are different groups. Anyway, I was just trying to get to know the music when I came across Sasaki-san with twin braids in the song Border. Not knowing who she was back then, I took a screenshot and asked my friend and she instantly became my favourite since.
    Still quite new to this whole thing, so I am exploring their musics through the game. Currently bought 2 albums based on my favourite songs :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bekti

Bekti Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    The nogizaka members are very graceful and beautiful. Their beauty little bit different with 48 group members. I also like their song is easy to listen. I late to realize that nogi is good idol because I become fan in end of 2017

• Like Like x 4
  5. Aspii-sanSlave

Aspii-sanSlave Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Saito Asuka
    for me in short.. i am an anime otaku then my friend recommend me love live search it in youtube then see whats in recommendation then get to know akbingo the old episodes search it then see whats in recommendation again then get to know sakamichi series 1st i watch the keyakitte cuz the episode is shorter than the nogidoko/kojichuu

6. Jumps_Zilla

Jumps_Zilla Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    <3 Nishino Nanase <3
    There were a few things that hooked me to Nogizaka46. One was a Mouse commercial my friend showed me on Youtube; while I thought nothing much of it, I noticed the girls were really cute. Another was when I was shown Itsuka Dekirukara Kyou Dekiru's MV where I noticed Maiyan and Kazumin. After finding out the group name and watching a few videos, I initially liked Kazumin but it was mainly Natsu no Free & Easy's MV [among a few others] that introduced me to my forever oshi, Naachan. May she have a successful career after Nogizaka46. :)

Cheers!

• Like Like x 4
  7. richardesu

richardesu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika

1. How did you get to know about Nogizaka46? I found about Nogizaka46 by been fan of Suzuka Nakamoto (Himetan's sister), I watched Su at Sakura Gakuin and then became a Babymetal fan. So doing a search about Suzuka, I did find an old video from the Nakamoto sisters singing together in their early years.
      How did you become a fan of Nogizaka46?...So I became interesed on Himeka Nakamoto and that was it. Himetan became my first Oshi from Nogizaka46... but then I became fan of Nogizaka46 and Ikuchan stealed my heart...[hehe] . Now I'm a huge fan of Nogizaka46 !!! :banana:

8. Heelo

Heelo Kenkyuusei

Watched a lot of Keyakitte Kakenai, then decided to watch Nogizakatte Doko when I caught up.

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. Blitz Comet

Blitz Comet Kenkyuusei

How did you get to know about nogizaka46?
    I was attending junior college for auto collision and saw that they offered beginning Japanese and being an anime fan I decided to take it. While I was having trouble learning the language I was curious to see if Japanese students had a hard time learning English and I came across Nogi Eigo. At the time only clips were available on YouTube so I never knew they part of nogizaka46. I didn’t know much about idol groups I just figured that they decided to make a English learning tv show with four Japanese girls. I loved the show With Kawago Wada Kitano and Noujo. After I watched all that available on YouTube I searched for more episodes on google was surprised to learn that they were part of a larger group.
    How did you become a fan of Nogizaka46?
    I initially didn’t listen to their music on purpose just watched their shows like Nogi Eigo and kojichuu. Later I learned about Nogibingo and later Nogidoko. As I learned more about the girls, senbatsu, under girls, 1st 2nd and 3rd gen I decided to give their music a chance and was hooked by the synchronicity music video. It was like nothing I ever seen before catchy song the choreograph was amazing. Since then I have been hooked on Nogizaka46 to the point that I didn’t even want to watch other idol shows.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Beowulf

Beowulf Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sugai Yuuka / Kosaka Nao
    Saw the first Mouse Computer advertisement on Facebook and it got me searching for stuff related to them. Found NogiChuu and NogiBingo and have been hooked on to watching every episode since then.

• Like Like x 3
  11. kanonBear

kanonBear Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Since my oshimen has finally graduated, there's probably no better time to write one of these. The reason I follow Nogizaka46 starts (and hopefully doesn't end) with Nishino Nanase. The exact moments have become blurry, but one of the earliest videos I remember seeing was a fan recording of their concert in Paris. Though she was in the back for most of the songs, Nanase caught my attention. Throughout 2014, images of Nishino Nanase appeared on my Instagram feed. While she wasn't the prettiest girl, I couldn't help but be captivated by her. She had—and continues to have—the best and most genuine smile. The more I learned about her, the more amazing she became. As time went on, I've come to know and adore virtually all the 1st gen members. It was hard to accept the later gens at first, but eventually you come around and embrace them too.

While I don't necessarily consider myself as an idol fan, I've listened to J-Pop & J-Rock here and there since the late 80's. In the early days, I was really into singers like Kudo Shizuka and particularly Sakai Noriko. Later, my playlist included acts like Speed, Morning Musume, and Hamasaki Ayumi. However, I don't think I've ever followed a group as closely as I do with Nogizaka46.

As I got older, I've found it really hard enjoy pop music. Aside from the questionable quality of music, I often really didn't like the image. I find K-Pop in general to be oversexed and even J-idol groups like AKB48 can be uncomfortable to watch at times. But I really love the Nogi image. It's classy and mostly conservative. I've never felt awkward watching a Nogi-related video in the presence of others. I also love the dynamic of the group. You had your beautiful and sophisticated oneesans that set the tone, you have the imoutos, and then the girls in between. You had the artistic type like Itō Marika, the super talented sort like Ikuta, and the funny ones like Noujo. And they all worked so darn hard to get to where they are, especially the 1st gen. It's very easy to root for them. While there's a degree competition in the group, you never felt it got as vicious as the stuff you hear about in AKB. For that reason, I hope Nogi will never adopt something like a sousenkyo.

It has been sad over the past couple of years to see all of my favorites from 1st gen leave. Of course with Nanase, it hurts the most. However, it is awesome to see other girls, especially those who have been relegated to Unders for a long time, get more opportunities. It is my sincere hope that the later generations, and their fans, acknowledge and appreciate the tremendous contributions of the previous generations who laid the groundwork before them.

• Like Like x 9
  12. Sailor Zakuro

Sailor Zakuro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hina Higuchi
    Twitter:
    Sailor_Zakuro
    I actually got to know Nogizaka46 through Sailor Moon! In 2018 the 'Musical Sailor Moon Nogizaka46 ver.' was announced, so that was the first I heard about the group. Sera Myu is my first fandom, so when hearing of this I wanted to look into the girls that were in it (Mizuki, Inoue, Ririan, Miria, Kazumin, Ranze, Ami, Umezawa, Hinachima, Nakada and Maiyan for those who don't know) and that goes into how I became a fan. I looked stuff up to find their singing ability (me not knowing where to look at all) and I found clips from variety shows and stuff. Then went in to actually looking up live Nogi performances to see their dancing ability, and that's where it all just spiralled into my giant love for all of Nogi.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
  14. Sailor Zakuro

Sailor Zakuro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hina Higuchi
    Twitter:
    Sailor_Zakuro
    @Seditious85 Thank you! Nice to find more Hinachima fans! :lol:

15. DT46

DT46 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    I can thank the Oricon 2017 year end list for pretty much starting everything in becoming a 46/48 fan in general, Nogizaka46 included. When watching a video about it, I saw a preview of Influencer's video, and was intrigued by the cool sound, as before, I associated J-Pop (especially idol pop) with cutesy music, which I'm not a fan of. Multiple google gift cards bought, and I became a Nogi fan for their music. Add in Nogi Chuu, and that's my entire experience becoming a Nogi wota.

It felt like such an awkward time to become a Sakamichi wota though, as 2018 was definitely a turbulent year in both Nogi and Keyaki, with both of my Sakamichi oshis (Shida and Wakatsuki) graduating over the course of the year. But I still hold strong, and do what I can to support them (as they are the only music I buy now)

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. uchuujan

uchuujan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I accidentally stumbled upon their recent drama "Zambi/ザンビ" and started watching it despite the fact that I had no idea who these girls were.
    There was this twin-tail hair girl (yoda-chan) that caught my attention, so that was mainly the reason why I continued watching the entire drama series.
    But I decided to research on them afterwards and watched their NogiBingo, Nogizaka Under Construction shows, and also their concerts to get to know them more.
    The more I watched, the more I grew attached to them.
    Yes, my favourite nogi member is definitely yoda-chan! I will continue to support her and the group!
    与田祐希と乃木坂46がんばろう♡ ~~

• Like Like x 3
  17. Nanasemaru193

Nanasemaru193 Kenkyuusei

• How did you get to know about Nogizaka46?
      I met Nogizaka46 5 years ago, i was searching info about Suzuka Nakamoto i found out that she have an idol sister in this case Himetan, in that moment i searched NogiSongs on youtube.
    • How did you become a fan of Nogizaka46?
      When i found out N46, i found them a super nice group with beatifull songs and nice messages, i became a fan inmediatly, in Nishino Nanase found my first oshimen, i was so sad when i heard about her graduation :(. she´ll be always my favorite member, but in this moment Sasaki Kotoko is gaing a space in my heart!
    • PD: I´m just new in the N46 community! Sorry for my english btw

18. kouhaku05

kouhaku05 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    welcome! man.. another victim of nanase's smile :D

19. Jumps_Zilla

Jumps_Zilla Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    <3 Nishino Nanase <3
  20. Shadol

Shadol Kenkyuusei

1. How did you get to know about Nogizaka46?
    I want to know which group that can beat Negaigoto no Mochigusare at 59th japan record awards

2. How did you become a fan of Nogizaka46?
    I have watanabe mayu as my kami-oshi and while i looking for her performance i found a live that she perform Kimi no Na wa Kibou at 3rd AKB48 Kouhaku Utagassen with Ikuta Erika , and this is the beginning of everything.

• Like Like x 1