1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 56th [Sustainable] (2019/09/18)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 22, 2019.

1. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    It's not like you can tell she's wearing a camisole on a bed in that one photo if you aren't a clothing expert.

2. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    No 16th gen members is a travesty. T8 is well represented which I think is actually appropriate, though.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Ugokanaide

Ugokanaide Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Moriyasu Madoka
    It's an absurd they'll give a center to Moeka just because she's popular since pretty much her debut.
    AcTuAlLy, as a promising popular member she should've been transferred to NGT to help them built up from scratch, so if she becomes the most popular member it won't stain the mothership. And that shouldn't happen before she shaves her hair on the internet. Every scandal in AKB has always been handled so well up until this one, but a girl caught dating is an aBsUrD

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Creative Creative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  4. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    11 AKB with 4 eitos. Great.
    Kind of sad for Zukki, need more Rei, and other D3. But that sounds like a coupling unit :^^;:

Moeka center...not really surprising actually. I am more surprised she was excluded from so many jobs prior to this announcement.

Yay for Chiho :banana:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. echibrat

echibrat Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Do you cuddle with them in bed too?
    Going off topic, I'll stop here.

6. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    ^didn't milky have two scandals? i digress

senbatsu looks good! glad to see a new face centering.. seems like AKB are finally trying to enter that new chapter they've been banging on about since acchan graduated. AKS is crashing and burning regardless so now is a great time to experiment. Moeka has a great front line to soften weight of being center so i'm not worried about her. Happy to see Miru in the front row! I'm glad there are more AKB members in than usual. It would be good for the general public to get to know these faces as the new gen of AKB. Yukirin and Mion could have switched positions but it's not a huge issue lol.. overall it's really a good senbatsu for me. I'm sure zukki and seina will have a chance to return to senbatsu soon.

• Like Like x 1
  7. nachtangel

nachtangel Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Disappointed no Komi of course but excited with the senbatsu! I know it hasn't really but it feels like ages since we got a new single, looking forward to seeing if its gonna be team songs or not too!

(Also disappointed no handshake events during my next trip but hey ho, saves money I guess!)

8. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Oh I remember she has a stage play. Okay then that's understandable.
    Amina? Pfffft. She didn't even earn a push she deserved. Mgmt literally neglected her from the start. The only time she got a bit exposure was when AKB0048 and that wasn't even for general public. So much for ranked above Yukirin :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. welp

welp Next Girls

I guess "Sunstainable" is meant to bless AKB in its new chapter with sustainable growth/popularity.

It's said her sale didn't pick up despite the push :confused:

Proven?

Doesn't odd number make better blocking? I can't understand why wota keeps saying even number will be better.

Even if the center had been decided, the agency could reconsider any time as long as it had not made public announcement.

No idea about the former but, AKS surely will give a strong promotion effort.

19 is a small number? :shock:

If that (handshake sale) truly is the main criterion, I doubt if this is a good choice. For AKB to be "sustainable", doesn't it need to reach out of wota circle to broader public? So, won't it be better to pick front members basing on the prediction who the public will like most?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Britney M. Carey

Britney M. Carey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Oh I forgot about Renacchi. The last time she was in senbatsu was like over a year ago, yeah?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Yes 19 is a small number for AKB senbatsu. I mean it would be 16 minimum so we're not far from that.

As for the last part of your comment, if management doesn't base senbatsu on HS then that's unfair to the main buyers of the singles and unfair to the hard work of members who try their best with HS, which is very tiring and demand a lot of passion for their idol job. Of course not all senbatsu spots should be only based on HS, if someone is very popular to the public and brings other benefits to the group, she deserves to be in too. But girls who work hard at HS and fans who buy these singles deserve a reward to have these members in senbatsu.

So yes the first row is basically the best HS sellers, but not only this. Management does care about what the public could like. the AKB members who are the most discussed, who have the biggest increase of followers and interest in recent months, are the 3 girls in front. Moeka, Yuiyui and Naachan. So they are the ones who can appeal most to the public. Then along with Yukirin, a popular established long-time member and relevant to the public, and Yuiri who's loved by fans and has great potential of getting more popular, all of them are really good choices both from fandom point of view and public point of view. Also all are AKB and all are young (except for Yukirin, but she fits right in [hehe]). They also all have distinctive looks (individuality) and they are cute or cool. I think it's ideal.

If you're more interested to read about potential of more popularity with non-fans and public, check the post I just made in Moeka's thread. You might be interested.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Wow... ogiyuka was dropped. Now that’s very damning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Is nice. Now, do you happen to be a Japanese idol by profession? If not, then your situation is not comparable. I am not, and therefore I could do a lot of stuff that would be career-killers for an idol but my employer would not give a shit.

Also, what we consider scandals as western fans is meaningless since so few if any of us are significant spenders.

On a personal note: the amount of money I’ll spend on this single is directly connected to Naochan’s HS schedule.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Yes it's been over a year since her last senbatsu ._. I thought that she might be included again since some members graduated and there's free space, but I guess no. It's a bit of a waste considering she has quite a lot of followers online and she's young and pretty. But tbh lately she wasn't in many AKB lives, she is quite absent, not sure if it's her choice or management. So in a way I kinda expected that she won't be included and probably not in the future too. (I made lots of long posts about this in her thread when she wasn't selected in the past year, but I think by now I'm accepting it ;_; LOL)

• Like Like x 1
  15. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    This right here. I've seen so many of you guys voice your disapproval of Moeka being center but lets be honest, the western fans probably only make up 5% of the total sales. Even if domestic fans aren't pleased over Moeka being center, they're still gonna buy the single anyway so they can see their fave member in the HS events. Moeka, Yuiyui and Yuiri are girls people have their eyes on recently, so it'll generate media attention. Old gen fans wont be upset because Yukirin is there, Kami 7 girls Naachan, Suda and Tomu are there so fans won't complain about that either. All sister group aces are there too. So apart from the NGT scandal that may or may not hinder the group, this single will do well regardless of Moeka's scandal lol

^ @Mana I've accepted it a while ago too.. i've seen the decrease in appearances for her and it only reminded me of all the other girls who eventually got dropped from senbatsu.. I can only hope she makes a great career for herself in the same way Kojiharu did :c

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Finally #Moekas1stcenter :banana:

I was scared when Moeka didn't appear @ TMD, OnH, and SUMMER STATION performance due to "those" photos, and thought management would dropped her with Chiho (which is your typical orthodox-dol so everyone loves her). But guess her time is coming [hehe]
    also no you-know-who what a rejoice!!

The only sad part is no Korean's favorite Miu so I thought it would be better if she switched with Hinata. But guess, there's 4 eitos and it's Hinata (not Inapooh's girl nor Rika-hime) so :rolleyes:

AKB used to have 36 senbatsu girls so 19 girls is considered as smaller number lol

• Like Like x 2
  17. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Back to old days, Akimoto Sayaka used to be an indispensable in AKBingo, was absolutly loved by everyone, had quite some fans especially oversea.
    By reading this forum, you could be under the impression, she was a top 10 member (which was true at some point).
    The truth in Japan was slightly different though, hence she was indeed at the edge of the top 16 and some day she was droped off senbatsu.
    It's the dilemna for those girls who have a good amount of fans ut of Japan, but those fans can't really attend handshakes.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

scandal centre eh? Bunshun will have a field day with this

• Like Like x 1
  19. 48 group fan

48 group fan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murakawabibian
    Omg yes! 56th single coming!

I’m so happy that moeka is chosen as a center. Kinda sad that yuihan is on the 3rd row. I feel so very happy for Tomu for being in senbatsu for this single....

Wtf no Shitao Miu?? She better be on the senbatsu list for the 57th single

20. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I have a feeling that some part of the scandal was orchestrated to build up to this xD

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1