1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Which 48G theater manager is the worst in 48G history in your opinion? (2019 poll)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by marioworldakb, Jul 30, 2019.

?

Which 48G theater manager is the worst in 48G history in your opinion? (2019 poll)

1. Hosoi Takahiro (AKB48) 2017 - 2019

13.8%
  2. Kayano Shinobu (AKB48) 2015 - 2017

34.5%
  3. Togasaki Tomonobu (AKB48) 2005 - 2013, 2013-2015

3.4%
  4. Yuasa Hiroshi (AKB48) 2013 -2015

3.4%
  5. Yuasa Hiroshi (SKE48) 2008 - 2013, 2015 - 2019

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Shiba Tomoya (SKE48) 2013 - 2014

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Imamura Etsuro (SKE48) 2014 - 2015

86.2%
  8. Kaneko Takeshi (NMB48) 2010 - present

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Sato Kazuya (HKT48) 2011 - 2013

3.4%
  10. Ozaki Atsushi + Sashihara Rino (HKT48) 2013 - 2019

3.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Well as everyone should know the motto "Remember always blame the management not the girls", 48G has its ups and down throughout the years (Especially in recent times). These theater managers make big decisions, and some of them were significant history makers and some had their name gone down the drain in history.

So I'm just curious what consensus thinks and let's all have a fun discussion about how bad did these people mess up our beloved 48 groups.

Feel free to vote your top 3 choices from below or add someone you feel should be honorably mentioned to the list. If you want to spice things up, feel free to put down some comments and reasoning for your choices. (i.e questionable gori pushes, crisis mismanagement, poor marketing strategies, mischievous conducts or simply incompetency etc)

The list is according to most recent of each group and their position of year:

AKB48:
    Hosoi Takahiro 2017 - 2019 (5th) :poop::poop::poop:
    Kayano Shinobu 2015 - 2017 (3rd) :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:
    Yuasa Hiroshi 2013 -2015 (2nd)
    Togasaki Tomonobu 2005 - 2013, 2013-2015 (1st and 4th) :poop:

SKE48:
    Yuasa Hiroshi 2008 - 2013, 2015 - 2019 (1st and 4th) :poop:
    Shiba Tomoya 2013 - 2014 (2nd)
    Imamura Etsuro 2014 - 2015 (3rd) :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

NMB48:
    Kaneko Takeshi 2010 - present (1st)

HKT48:
    Sato Kazuya 2011 - 2013 (1st) :poop:
    Ozaki Atsushi + Sashihara Rino 2013 - 2019 (2nd) :poop:

NGT48:
    Imamura Etsuro 2015 - 2019 (1st) :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

STU48:
    Yamamoto Manabu 2017 - present (1st) :poop:

Other

P.S The poll only allows up to 10 different choices, if you want to vote for the two fellows of NGT or STU please PM me or leave a comment down below so I can keep track of the votes. THanks~

P.S 1 vote = 1 :poop: beside their name

1. NGT Imamura Etsuro 2015 - 2019. Hands down nuff said.

2. AKB Kayano Shinobu 2015 - 2017. I didn't like this period of AKB which Shinobu was in charge. Starting of with just some of the songs that were produced isn't my cup of tea with the picks of members. Adapting the absurdity of the kennin system which was ended until Hosoi came in. And I didn't agree with her move on allowing the members to refuse the decision of the reshuffled teams and . In general, I just think she wasn't fit for the job because of her close relationship with members, she just couldn't perform her duty as a responsible decision maker. On top of this, many good members decided to graduate during her reign, even though it is indirectly her fault like Hosoi now...but her incapability to maintain members and decided to recruit more members (then under develops them) instead weakened the core of the team unity in general which caused many problems carrying on after her reign.

3. STU Yamamoto Manabu 2017 - present. I really didn't want to put him up here. But I'm just really disappointed at this point to be honest because of the graduation wave hitting STU girls, as multiple times the girls cited that they graduated due to they didn't like certain management policy and direction. Also the inappropriate remarks towards Mori Kaho earlier last year. Plus I am not that fond of his recent pushes but it is understandable. And I give him credit for his work on getting as many random jobs to make up for the girls because of the boat wasn't made in time for the first 2 years plus natural disaster causing delays. But to be honest, they shouldn't rushed the debut in the first place.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  2. sano21

sano21 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    koindosu
    Oh. I thought Imamura SKE and Imamura NGT was the same. So take my third vote to Imamura NGT. I voted on Hosoi and Imamura SKE only. The others i didnt know so well because i wasnt fan that time. And I have no problem with NMB48 Manager, i think he did good jobs, at least with my n00b knowlegde. LOL

STU's manager. I agree with you @marioworldakb hahaha but i think there worst. XD

01. Imamura NGT
    02. Hosoi
    03. Imamura SKE

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I'm still surprised that Kaneko is still the NMB theater manager as I did my research for this list lol I don't know much either but his long term consistency and looking at NMB in general, I guess he did a good job at his position.

As much I know some did worst but I just had to put Yamamoto up there so people know how bad he messed up my favorite group lol

Also I think Hosoi actually did good during most of his term and lots of good changes he brought in to the group. The only thing he messed up was his mismanagement due to the NGT assault case that caused his resignation, a shame to see him go like this. I'd put him around top 6 in my list.

4. sano21

sano21 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    koindosu
    I'm very unwell about the management. My friend who introduced AKB48 and others to me said good thing with Shinobu. I became fan around 2017~ So that why i vote on Hosoi, I follow up little his work and... that NGT48 stuff is a pandora's box and sin, very bad handly. And I dont follow SKE and HKT that much to know something. But Sashihara did a good job when was manager's position. We can see she doing very well with =LOVE now. XD

5. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Shinobu was awful, even before she got caught spreading negative gossip about members to outside industry professionals.

Hosoi was doing well up until the NGT stuff happened, and even then he wasn't actually involved.

My vote would be for Shinobu and both of Imamura's tenures.

6. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Imamura SKE is the worst. And of course his NGT period is nothing better.

7. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Just another reminder for people who voted up there in the poll that, there is a SKE Imamura and NGT Imamura. Though it is the same person, but I purposely categorized the list by time period instead by person. So make sure you voted the person at the right time period lol

8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Wait, what?!?!?!?

I've never really understood the position of theater manager, tbh.
    Apart from announcing stuff and whatnot... is there really anything they do? Do they actually have competence to do important stuff?

9. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Competence I dunno, but according to the NGT report they don't have the authority to do much of anything. But Shinobu wasn't just a Theater Manager.

Compared to Togasaki, Yuasa, and Hosoi she was far too wrapped up in her own little clique of chummy members, as well as the costumes, to effectively manage the rest of the group. And it showed.

• Like Like x 1
  10. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I know they can be very useful if they want. Like picking a right senbatsu selection for a single, bringing more working contracts for TV shows/events/radio shows and planning group events etc.

11. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    I'm sorry, but as much as we love to blame management for everything, these theater managers get too much flak. As figureheads of the rest of the behind-the-scenes crew, they are often scapegoats for problems outside of their control. They're in charge of delivering good news and bad news, but realistically, do you really think they have much say? Akimoto and related producers, companies and organizations that are paying for advertisement deals, the girls' agencies and related jobs, and other insider business people are the ones making the real decisions (even if the theater manager is blamed and/or fired.) Realistically, imagine any other company: managers merely do their best to follow the orders of those above them. In the grand scheme of things, these theater managers are just people whose corporate images have been blemished by just doing their job.

12. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    In the same time I can hardly see they are just there to simply deliver good news and bad news. If anyone remembers the fans even had a confidence vote for the AKB Theater Manager if they are competent enough. You cannot convince me that people need to vote for someone whose work is merely delivering news and being scapegoats.

13. Peach Anmitsu

Peach Anmitsu Kenkyuusei

Please give my last vote to Imamura NGT.

Didnt like him with SKE48 either.

I didnt want to but i basically agree with what others have said about what happened when Shinobu took over. It wasnt a good fit.

14. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    :poop: Added

I'm surprised SKE Imamura getting the most :poop: now

• Like Like x 1
  15. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    You shouldn't be, NGT Imamura isn't on the list and most people aren't going to either read your whole post or bother replying or sending a PM when they can just check a box. Should have condensed every manager's various tenures into a single option.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Aside from Imamura, who is really 'low-hanging fruit' for this poll, the main person I voted for is Shinobu....

Despite his faults, I truly thought TGSK was an incredible theater manager. He was extremely approachable and interactive with fans. It was common to run into him and say hello at most concerts and handshake events. To me he added to the personal atmosphere that AKB48 was famous for....

All of that seemed to go out the window when Shinobu took over. I cannot speak for how she was with the members behind the scenes, but she did virtually none of what I liked so much about TGSK. I never saw her reaching out to the fans. It almost felt like "The Hudsucker Proxy" where they merely found some stooge to stand in the position. To me it seemed like she abandoned all of TGSK's best practices when it came to the fans.

Not to mention that it was about the time she took over that overseas fans began having so much trouble winning theater shows and concerts. I'm not saying she was personally responsible for that. I really don't know. But I sub-consciously associate it with her because of the timing.

At the end of the day I felt Togasaki's departure was a huge loss for AKB, and that Shinobu did virtually nothing to carry on his work.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2