TV / Radio AKBINGO! (2008/10/01 - 2019/09/24)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by makistar, Sep 30, 2008.

1. kj23

kj23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nakada Kana
    He's on Wednesday Downtown a fair bit, mainly to be tortured and embarrassed and their version of Terrace house, Monster house is truly insane, if you like cringe inducing tv.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    The "Ultra Idiot Quiz Show", to quote myself from the top50 ranking:

We don't really know which of the newer members is a baka-queen, do we? Except for probably Shitao.

• Like Like x 1
  3. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    The High and Low game where the younger members rank the older members based on different categories was really fun but not done often.
    It wasn't very long ago but I liked when they did the senior member fan battle between Mayuyu and Yukirin, where they had the two members respective fans amongst the members argue for them. That was neat
    The Danso Dates were always lots of fun. I feel like all the segments that played up possible, hypothetical or even fantasy relationships between members were always fascinating.
    The Mobile Photo Card Battle Game, Miss Mail Beauty Contests always good (All the on the street survey episodes tend to be fun), Friendship Cream Cannon, As someone mentioned earlier Shojuki Shogi absolutely tops, The episodes where they battles between teams or generations or groups are great.

I can see why this latest episode might make people uncomfortable, his butt being on her face and whatnot, but the drive of the earlier gens, the first five i think in particular, was undeniably stronger than current gens, even if I still think they're great. They were also more successful, popular and culturally significant. When you ask why that it is, it's hard to avoid the fact that the first gens had to claw and scrape their way to success and did anything and everything thrown at them.
    The Ijiri skits, the mean dokkris, handing out flyers themselves on the streets, interacting with jerk personalities that wouldn't always make them look good like Ariyoshi. Early AKB was a very different beast as far as I can tell than the current AKB who seem far more guarded, complacent and even a little weak.
    I love new AKB, but new members feel much more interested in taking selfies and looking cute than standing out or fighting for attention amongst themselves or with the general public. It seems like they're trying to dismantle the competitive aspect in the group as a whole, and I can see why it's very hard on the members but it's also what made members noteworthy. You can make the argument the downward trajectory is due to the overwhelming presence of the 46G that the first gens didn't have to deal with or all of Aki-P's new groups but the first gens also didn't walk in to legions of fans happy to like anything that comes out. These girls work way harder than I do lol, but, I would love to see AKB get strong again and I think they need to channel that first gen drive to do so.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    I loved High and Low! I would definitely like to see that again.

My absolute favorite was Cooking Stadium, but for safety reasons I'd understand if that never came back haha. Second is fashion, and we're getting that, I do wish it was done better, though. I also really like the one where a member would sit with 5 of their closest friends in the group and they'd have to answer questions about her or get hit with the cream canon. Bringing back honest chess would also be good, at least for viewers like me as it provided more information about the girls. The new baseball segment reminds me a lot of honest chess, so I'd be fine with either.

I agree that perhaps a crucial problem with recent Bingo is a good portion of the members not willing to take risks because they're took focused on their image versus previous years where the girls really did fight for screen time and recognition. I also agree that probably has to do with how hard older generations had to work to be seen and their overall scrappy attitude that developed from it, which I think really helped them in becoming better entertainers. As new Bingo is primarily a lot of young gens with less exposure, I want them to provide more segments that push the girls outside their comfort zones and help them become better entertainers. I do think the members have been improving since the start of the year with their variety skills and willingness to participate, so I hope Bingo continues to give the segments that do this.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    There are members who are willing to take risks, they just dont get invited by the producers :^^;::^^;:

And miichan is still here

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Ero Moe Moe kinda replaced by kyun button battle. But ero-Moe was so much better.

I miss the cosplay obstacle course with other members aiming volleyball service machines at contestants on the balance beams.

Least favorite episodes where the surprise visit a school.

We need a reboot of Saturday night child machine.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    Yeah definitely, the baseball game is a good addition. Cooking Stadium was awesome! Forgot all about that one. You're absolutely right, It'd be very fun to see it again and very nerve wrecking to see it again with them using knives and hot oil like they did back then, lol. I imagine it may be hard getting guests on to eat the food, too

Ero Moe Moe was real fun, agreed. I can't imagine Saturday Night Child Machine without Kojiharu and Paruru but I certainly wouldn't object. Maybe Duburin will get around to finishing the subs for that show

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    I remember Sato being like, HEY, PLEASE HOLD THE KNIFE CORRECTLY. Didn't someone accuse him of secretly really liking the girls based on his concern for their fingers? XD

On another note, I don't think I've said this here before, but thanks for subbing and posting videos for us, sub team! 0048 was my exposure to AKB, but Bingo was the reason I became a fan, so I wouldn't be here without those subs. ♥

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Golgo13

Golgo13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Otani Emiri
    In an episode where they were exposed as friendly towards them they started calling them the Onii-chan Boys and that's when they knew they had to graduate.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nekko-Desu

Nekko-Desu Future Girls

I wish they bring back Danso stage episode

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I liked danso as well, but one of my favourite things was the Burger restaurants. It may not seem like much but they wore cute costumes and there were a couple games (I can remember making the member guess the phrase by using words, and guessing what is drawn by one line from each member).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    the music was awesome too

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Lusankya

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Ah yeah, that Kiyotucky jingle is so catchy. Wish I could have the sound file to use on my phone.

On other news I finished the visual type setting for ep 552. There were way more signs translated by GEES than usual and they were also more complicated. Plus I tried to implement a moving sign (at around 16:18), so have fun:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Af7tmyU4CMCQzHFgHoRWBRWcqj6ifmoY
    (same link as before just with ver. 2 of the file)

[​IMG]

Edit: And apparently fivegumi are now regularly doing Eng hardsubs of AKBingo. http://www.fivegumi.com/search/label/AKBingo! English
    They use their own script for that, though.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
  14. rmn89

rmn89 Member

i wonder if they will still do another "lucky girl ranking" lol.

i mean i love how all the top girls from each groups are gathered in the studio. but we all know its a bs. especially this year where nakai rika ,ogino yuka, and yamada noe were in the top 7 of the luckiest girl of the year. lmao. i would be embarassed if i was the guy who made the hand reading prediction.

another memorable segment of the show is the catharsis episodes where some ordinary women tell them how lucky they are for looking cute. or that (not akbingo) "akb48 emergency meeting" show.

maybe they could combine the "all the 48 groups coming to the studio" and tell each other what they like and they dont like from each groups. and giving each other suggestions how to improve as a parts of the 48 groups, for the sake of the 48 group as a whole. i think it would be a better substitute than the obviously scripted "lucky girl ranking"

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I think with what happened to NGT and how Rika, Yuka and Noe got away pretty scot free (as opposed to Kato Minami who got demoted, or Maho and her friends who felt the need to leave the group), they are quite lucky [hehe]

• Like Like x 1
  16. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    If next episode has kuro chan again, i'm skipping it

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lusankya

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    You mean after the Muchaburi Dodgeball episode? Or will you skip that one?

• Like Like x 1
  18. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    Why?

• Like Like x 3
  19. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    Probably....that man is annoying a f

• Like Like x 2
  20. Lusankya

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Well, I guess that's his job, but the upcoming episode seems to focus mostly on the girls again based on the preview.

• Like Like x 1