1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Nogizaka46 24th [Yoakemade Tsuyogaranakutemoii] (2019/09/04)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by halcyon, Jul 3, 2019.

1. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Love everything about Reika’s solo. Hmm still think the Asuka/Miona/Zukki trio should’ve been Asuka/Miona/Yoda. Zukki looks off with those two while Yoda fits the image more. I don’t know why management keep snubbing Yoda like this ...she is still more popular than Zukki. Unders song is well...interesting. Excited for the 4th gen song

2. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Popularity ain't the only metrics for creating a sub unit
    - because if that's the case it should be Yoda Asuka Zukki
    - Yoda and Zukki are more popular than Miona.

3. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    @hiraganatwice what are you talking about? When I go check on the wiki for Yoda I see that she’s regularly gotten onto coupling songs. She got that trio song with Asuka and Momoko back in Jikouchuu. She’s in the quartet with Miona, Asuka, and Mizuki on Kaerimichi. On the last single she got on the 3rd Gen unit song. I don’t think not getting a unit song this time out is a snub by management. In fact Mizuki, whose popularity rivals Yoda’s like Maiyan’s rivaled Nanase’s, is just catching up in song count. Mizuki has still yet to center.

If she looks out of place in that unit, it’s most likely due to the lack of rapport Mizuki has with her senpai mostly with Asuka. She’s not able to boss Mizuki around. Miona is always friendly - I’ve seen pictures of Mizuki and her being pleasant together, yet because Miona only jokes around with 2nd Gen, she seems not to be amiable with the other Gens even though we know she can be.

I also think Mizuki is not as confident in her return from hiatus. Perhaps she’s rethinking what her role in the group is and is taking time to ease back into idol persona.

Finally as I mentioned before, it feels like Yoda has diminished in stature since Nanase’s graduation. A lot of her character came from being Nanase’s protégés. Like now that Nanase is gone, the spotlight has dimmed on her. She’s still popular AF but she’s getting lost in the Nogi shuffle. Same as Mizuki. Come to think of it same as any 3rd Gens with the arrival of Endo and 4th Gen.

4. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    I know that it’s not the only metric but in the grand scheme things I.e. how Yoda is being sidelined this year it’s an annoyance.

@Generic_User wouldn’t compare the Mizuki/Yoda situation to Nanamai. Mizuki’s popularity is not similar to Maiyan’s in any way when looking at the popularity rivalry. Yes she did get two unit songs last year but given how much management have pushed her to be Naachan’s successor seeing her being sidelined this year (so far) has been frustrating. Yes it’s natural other promising girls will be given pushes but not for the sake of other girls more prominent. If Mizuki is to get a solo centre before Yoda it would be the ultimate snub. Actually taking your example it seems Yoda is Maiyan in this situation.

When I said Zukki seems off I mean image wise. Miona Ashu & Yoda have a soft look to them while Zukki is very well harsh in contrast? Don’t know how to describe it it’s just their visuals don’t harmonise well and that’s the first thing you notice when it comes to units. Chemistry and all that jazz. This unit lacks it. With the whole rapport thing Yea that’s agreeable.

And true 3rd gen have lost whatever standing position they had as soon as 4ki started making a name for themselves within Nogi. However its not so severe that management can’t continue their Naachan’s protégée image they had going on with Yoda but they obviously have to present her as more than that. Wouldn’t say the spotlight has dimmed as there was a whole segment on Yoda on some tv program (only Maiyan and Erika have been featured from Nogi) about her being one of Nogis aces. That gave me some hope.

Well this kinda derailed from the single hah.

5. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Fixed it for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

The order and Hierarchy will be restored in the 25th. 4th gen is gaining momentum but I don't see this momentum continuing in the nxt single.
    3rd gen core and the OG 1ki will be back at the forefront soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I also think the trio should be Ashu/Miona/Yoda, the zambi trio. Even better choice is Momoko if she's healthy.
    But my main complain with Mizuki there is not about her look or chemistry but her voice. Her voice sounds very harsh compared to the two. It's especially apparent on the second verse after the chorus which starts with Miona's soft voice, then Zukki's voice came in and ewww...it really ruins it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    The best trio unit for me is Misa, Iku, Reika. They have beautiful voice, good singing ability, and the best trio unit song.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Read my post again, I explained it clearly. Obviously, I didn't talk to them. Like that's the only way to know how things work. They're management of a business, not of a charity. The end goal is to earn money, as much as possible. Low HS sellers still bring in money. Like I said, they provide a longtail and bring in new fans, who will buy the music, merch, you name it. As long as they provide revenue, they are not a nuisance.

If there is something wrong with my reasoning, I'll be glad to hear it. And sure, I might be defensive but you always make it sound like that is a bad thing. I am a fan of this group, it's only natural to stand up for them. But what's also important, I never let those emotions cloud my judgement. I think my reasoning is pretty solid without emotional bias.

Why can't you see that there is an audience for a girl like Kotoko as well? Just like you can see the qualities of Maaya and Hazuki, others see the qualities of Kotoko and the things she does contribute. I'll be honest here, I am not that fond of Kotoko either. Whenever I do one of those member sorters, she always ends up at the bottom. She is too silent for my taste, and I am not impressed by her visuals. But should that be a reason to disrespect her? Of course not! And to label her a leech is just unfounded rudeness. Come on, just read your post again, don't you realize what you are actually accusing her of? If you are using harsh words like this, back them up with proper explanation, not just your own preference.

That won't make much of a difference. Even if the group would exists only of girls with Maiyan / Ashu level popularity, there always will be a hierarchy. You can't just visit everyone during a HS event. If I were to go to such an event, I really would like to visit Maaya. But I would like to visit Chima, Kaz, Maiyan, Ume and Kiichan more. No matter how much I like Maaya, it still will be an unsold ticket. In that regard, the size of the group is of a much bigger influence to sales numbers than the popularity of each individual.

If you think I am wrong, make me eat my arguments, but quit resorting to ad hominem. This behavior won't convince anyone.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. halcyon

halcyon Next Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter:
    halcyon46G
    @baymon I have a feeling that could be due to poor mixing as well, as that was my initial reaction too. I get what you mean with the jarring contrast in voices though.

11. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

I think you're really underestimating Zukki's popularity, especially in relation to Yoda's poularity. She has never undersold Yoda in handshake (not even for Nigemizu) despite Yoda having a more intense management push. And despite Yoda being the "next Naachan", it was Zukki who starred in the sequel to Video Girl Ai which is way bigger than a ten minute segment on some news program. Not that I'm trying to throw shade at Yoda, I think she deserves spotlight. But I think Zukki's spotlight is also fair and deserving.

And for what its worth, I like Zukki in the song. She does contrast a bit with Miona and Asuka but that's not a bad thing. If you've ever paired wine with food, contrasting is good and the best thing to pair with a good marbelized steak is a highly acidic cabernet. The acidity in the wine cuts through the fat in the steak and allows them both to shine independently creating a more complex flavor profile.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
  12. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I think Mizuki has a more interesting personality. Yoda has more the "I'm the cute shy girl who has to be protected by you otaku" which we are already full honestly. Sakura has a similar chara to her for example, even the look, and could be a threat for Yoda maybe.

They're still the top 2 girls from 3rd gen at this point (both in fukujin senbatsu) so they're both still fine.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. towiti

towiti Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    akimotomanatsu
    Lol I read your post and went to check out Zukki's voice, to find out that Mukai has one hell of a good voice. Very mature and stable.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Also Yoda's voice is so similar to Naachan

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

Early Zukki has landslide popularity without needing much of the center push, to compare with Yoda.
    foolishly I used to refer to this "unreliable" metric sample personally, and the image was Zukki still leading the rest of 3ki
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA3I6A2_7yn7DT5nOOWTwzw

Kaki also probably can be the follow up of this as well, though so far just my impression

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    For a nostalgia

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. halcyon

halcyon Next Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter:
    halcyon46G
    4th gen song preview, “Toshoshitsu no Kimi e”

mod edit: Dead video link.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  17. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    That drum sound sample again... I miss the mature sound of Nogizaka...

18. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    we need a new gen but with adult like charm. let say, the one that pushed nogi in early days are not ikoma hoshino asuka even nanase but adult oujousama image from maiyan misa maimai hashimoto kanarin sayurin reika yumi. that is why i like nogi from the beginning. n pretty much same goes to the japanese fans when looking back at hs result.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    Btw, clearer ver from Saki-metal channel

[Unavailable]

Hemingway... this feel like NogiBunko theme

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2019
  20. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Hemingway and library? Isn't this like the opposite of Barette? From the perspective of the the girls that the narrator in Barette is looking at?