1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 56th [Sustainable] (2019/09/18)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 22, 2019.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I always find it such a weird part about idol culture that the girls are expected to thank their haters for their "feedback". Constructive criticism would be telling her that you hope she puts more energy and seems more genki on stage, or that she would participate in more theatre stages again. No-one can convince me that telling someone straight to their face "someone else should've been picked" is in any way kind or should be thanked for.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    I do agree with your point, but if they tell her directly...that means they fought to buy her tickets (1 ticket will not enough) :^^;: so....I just think that she is thanking them for it [hehe] and it apply to all members

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Fezel

Fezel Kenkyuusei

But isnt it kinda irony when a member which rarely perform in theater be picked as Center ? I dont mean any hate but i just cant accept it because Theater is their home.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    You know the same could have been said about senbatsu members, back in AKB48 peak days.
    There even times where only kenkyusei shows could be performed because top girls weren't available for their team shows.
    It was never a problem in center / senbatsu line up choices.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Nah mate, even Acchan turned up to theater more often than Moeka.

• Like Like x 5
  6. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    If you want to go member by member, I'm afraid it might be long.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

It wouldn't be long at all. Acchan was THE most famous member of AKB during it's golden age and somehow she managed to appear in the theater more than Moeka.

• Agree Agree x 12
  8. Yunsua

Yunsua Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chiba Erii
    We're really comparing the schedule of members during AKB48 peak days to nowadays ...yeah you shouldn't go there [hehe] There's literally no excuse nowadays that can justify going that long without attending at least 1 theater show tbh :fear:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  9. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    It was hardly regular appearences when she was busy with Hana kimi.
    Anyway my point isn't to target a specific former member, but show how rare top members were at the time, to the point Team stages weren't possible.
    Yet, everybody knows the line ups in those days.

• Like Like x 1
  10. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    who cares about theatre, the true tragedy is she has no time to do SR:cry2:

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    If any member would be that cynical ... then she for sure wouldn't deserve a center position, or even to be a member.
    (but I highly doubt that kind of attitude, that would be so unacceptable to me)

The only thing I got from the last documentary was that everyone was complaining about the lack of commitment and work ethic of the current members versus the original generations .... (if that's true or not is a moot point ... I personally suspect there is some truth to it)

If quite a lot of forum member detect a lack of effort from Moeka ... and therefore question her suitability as a center .... well, they may have a point.
    And if Japanese wota are saying the same ... well, there is a problem.

I don't think it's idol culture as more Japanese culture ...
    From what I understood so far, if someone higher up the tree comments on your behaviour or achievements, wether positive or negative, you accept that.
    (and yeah, that might even go as far as having to thank them for it as well)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    I refuse to believe that, even more considering her school is on summer break right now :glare:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    In case it wasn't clear, a moderator admonished the thread to stop rehashing an old argument that had already strayed far from being on-topic, and that most of the users on this thread had long turned the page on. If we see this tired debate resurrected a fourth time because certain people have an uncontrollable need to have the last word, users will be removed from the thread. (you know who you are)

• Like Like x 2
  14. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    I'm glad to read her mobane about her thoughts moving forward with being center. She seemed kind of sad about her haters in earlier Bingo eps this year and I don't fault her for that, but it'd be sad if she ended up leaving the group early (Jo Eriko springs to mind). So yeah, glad to hear her trying to be positive and learn from the experience.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    While it's true that during the peak in 2010-2011 theater shows were mostly kenkyuusei, Acchan and the rest put in their dues and learned what they needed to from the Theater in the half a decade prior.
    http://akiha176.web.fc2.com/teamA_1st.html 95 performances
    http://akiha176.web.fc2.com/teamA_2nd.html 95 performances
    http://akiha176.web.fc2.com/teamA_3rd.html 65 performances
    http://akiha176.web.fc2.com/teamA_4th.html 98 performances
    http://akiha176.web.fc2.com/teamA_5th.html 115 performances
    http://akiha176.web.fc2.com/teamA_6th.html 25 performances

By the time Acchan first centered an AKB single (Skirt Hirari, WCenter with Takamina in June 2016), she had performed in the theater at least 122 times. Moeka currently stands at 43 (41 in Yukirin's Idol Shugyo Chuu).

Now of course, no one is saying that a high performance count is a prerequisite for center or even senbatsu, but the vast majority of Moeka's flaws could have been ironed out if she had been performing regularly, just as the same problems have been from many other members over the years. (Try comparing Tomu's MC skills in the beginning with now, for example.)

-------

Anyway. MV reveals when.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Wait what....then she only appeared on Pajadora twice? :eek: wow

Hmmm, will wait for the mv instead then.

17. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    but Moeka has done many hundreds of hours more of SR than Acchan ever did therefore she's already much better in creative self-presentation, appealing to and communicating with fans and many other things :approve: bright future ahead for AKB with such centre:approve:

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
    Seeing the discussion here about theater performance counts.
    Can someone tell me how much choice a member has in being scheduled yes or no? How much influence has theater management and the idol's agency.

Also people can complain about Moeka being center as much as they want, but people shouldn't attack her for that on a personal level (as I read what happens during handshakes). It isn't the center who choose the center, that's management and it is to them who complaints should be aimed at.

I look forward to the MV and I am sure Moeka will do fine.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    If a member is chosen as center ... and fans have the perception she isn't putting the required/expected amount of effort into that role ... in that case I think the fans have a right to complain about that.
    and it's up to the member in question to prove those fans wrong .... but that's just my personal opinion

will there be antis who won't be convinced ... or still just hate on the center .. yeah, I'm afraid that comes with the territory, look at the amount of hate Acchan got

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I can't understand the thought process of people who would say some of those things to her face (other than attempts at constructive criticism like "If you don't do anything then you won't be accepted"... maybe, depending on what that actually meant). Perhaps expressing such things in the manager suggestion room would be more appropriate.

I'm not at all sure she'll do fine in the MV, if her PB is any indication. But perhaps the MV director was better at drawing blood from a stone than her photographer. I won't be watching it for her either way though, so I just hope the rest of the members get enough screentime.