1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 56th [Sustainable] (2019/09/18)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 22, 2019.

1. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    SR didn't exist during Acchan-era, duh

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    what a dark era. How did people even enjoy idols back then???

3. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I don't really understand Japanese very well and I don't bother with SR. So I guess they enjoyed them the same way I do now :D

4. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    @nvmea must be so glad. people actually taking his comments seriously [hehe]

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Yeah, no vlive also...:lol:

Regarding whether a member has a thing to say if they appear on stage or not, I think for KKS stage every KKS is eligible to perform. It is their proving ground after all (with significantly cheaper tickets). For team/special stage that member should be deemed worthy by the sensei (maybe also the captain). Another thing is their own schedule.

Saying her schedule is more packed than Nana/Yukirin is kind of hard to believe. So if my hypothesis is right, I am afraid that she was...promoted too early because of her popularity. Remember that she has to perform for Team K who has more difficult choreo compared to others. The irony is...how many times did Ran and Okarina performed with K already before they were promoted. :fp:

The MV....dunno, I still have decent hope.
    Even more curious about the other couplings. That souchan+captains unit :banana: at least we know sustainable and sukida 3x sounds like already.

Seeing at the HS schedule...November might have another announcement?

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    What do you mean?

What happened here?

3rd rounds...

Kuranoo Narumi
    53rd: 23/31
    54th: 15/35
    55th: 14/36
    56th: 35/35

Ota Nao
    53rd: 10/31
    54th: 5/30
    55th: 2/36
    56th: 28/39

Yamauchi Mizuki
    53rd: 10/26
    54th: 6/24
    55th: 8/31
    56th: 26/31

Kubo Satone
    53rd: 16/26
    54th: 8/30
    55th: 9/30
    56th: 23/27

7. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    So, nvmea's post got me wondering and I decided to look into how many hours Moeka has spent streaming. According to my, ah, we'll call them records, including both the 16th Gen Auditions and the 3rd Gen Draft Auditions, she has spent 112 hours on Showroom.

What was more interesting than hours spent, however, is that she stopped streaming regularly about the same time she stopped performing. Her last stage performance (excluding the Anniversary) was 2018-11-19, and her last regular Showroom was 2018-11-29. Post-auditions, she had 9 streams in April, 8 streams in May, 3 in June (all before SSK), 2 in July, 4 in August (incl. Myonichi), 4 in September, one each in October and November. This year she streamed twice, once in February and once two weeks ago to promote her PB launch.

She was promoted to full member of Team K at the Anniversary performance in December, so perhaps those above mentioning Team K's difficult choreo are on the right track.

しゃとずっき WCenter pl0x

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    So, are you saying that she's Team K's Ito Kirara?

• Creative Creative x 2
  9. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    hey, I am always at least aiming for the "what a load of crap... but he has a point!" category:cool:
    see?:cool:
    I want 17th gen... or was it 18th gen already?!:cool:
    mainichi idol...
    Kuranoo Narumi: 0
    Ota Nao: 935
    Yamauchi Mizuki: 0
    Kubo Satone: 0

clear which one should be in senbatsu:cool:

• Winner Winner x 3
  10. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Well, technically you said she's streamed for "hundreds" of hours, which isn't strictly true... lol

Mainichi is overrated unless it's Megu, streaming 3-4 times a month usually on the same day of the month (3 (sa), 10 (to), 20, and 30 (sato) day) is where the real money is at.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I actually think that this is what might have happened. Management had to promote Moeka to Team K because she was getting popular and getting outside jobs/offers (like her solo Cm) and she couldn't stay with the low KKS pay (maybe they couldn't even let her do a Cm or be on music shows if she stayed KKS?) especially since management probably thought about pushing her in senbatsu in 2019. So they promoted her but her skills level isn't ready for Team K yet, so aside from being busy with school and other schedules, she must be taking lessons the rest of the time when she's free, which might not be too often if she has lots of school work. This could be why she has yet to perform in theater this year.

She might have been promoted too early but also she couldn't have stayed as KKS in her situation with her rising popularity and all her works, it's a complicated situation, the best would have been if she stayed as KKS for longer and her popularity would rise later... but things went too fast. I think she's probably working now to get ready to perform as a full member in the theater. She apparently struggled a bit in Team K concert a few days ago and she said sorry. She did get better compared to last year so I think it's a matter of time before she's good enough. Honestly she has a lot of qualities so it's really just that her dancing is not on Team K level. She's good in pretty much everything else. I don't think there is a lack of effort from her, for those of you who saw Nemousu Tv training camp in early 2018, she really struggle with dancing and tried hard to get better and she did get better and probably still working to improve more.

Management still made her center probably because they can just make a choreo suitable for her with Sustainable and it's only one song to learn, so it's not a problem. I think that she performed it well enough tbh

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    hm.. will the streams with Yukina not add up 88 hours... unlikely...:cry:
    but yes, it's the characteristics of us people providing unconventional food for thought to use hyperbole...:awesome:
    but yes, I did think the two auditions would have added up more... though realistically hundreds of hours in a year is quite a feat unless you're mainichi idol
    that's too complicated for me, I usually struggle to remember even what month it is, let alone day

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    To me, a more apt comparison is with Yuiyui (not Acchan). Both are young and handshake monsters, but Yuiyui has appeared on the stage with Team A a few times in the last several months (a quick check of the calendar shows her in the theater about one-third of the time that Okabe Team A performs). The bigger difference is that Yuiyui appears on stage at many Team 8 performances and also performs overseas with Miion, Yuihan, etc on a somewhat regular basis. I figure the best way to learn to perform is to perform, and Yuiyui is miles ahead on actual performances.

• Agree Agree x 10
  14. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    SR is good for popularity, but it doesn't hone your skills for performance. I don't think we should be too harsh on Moeka at the moment, but if she continues being pushed and she doesn't strive to become a better performer, then I think the criticism can legitimately start. No matter how popular you are, as a center you are expected to have some level of competence since not only your wotas will see you but the general public, and your image becomes the group's image; you don't even have to be the best as long as you can hold your own. If Moeka is smart she will pick on this right away and there will be no problems.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  15. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Lots of other members have had to and still have to deal with school as well, when AKB started Miichan was still in school and Takamina was kind enough to ride with her on the train ... if you check http://akiha176.web.fc2.com/teamA_1st.html you'll see Miichan still managed to perform 93 times for that stage.
    I'm sorry, it might well be true, but this is pure speculation

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
  16. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@dutchie well yes this is why I said "aside from being busy with school", and in my post I did not say that school is the reason for her absence in theater, just that it's one of the things that takes her time. and yes these are my speculation, which is why I used "must be", "might not be", "could be" in those sentences. My post starts with "this is what might have happened" so yes.

At the end none of us know, but one thing is sure, it's not Moeka refusing like a few people seem to assume. No member has this power... and if she dared to act like this and make no effort, she would never get an a-side center from management. So there's definitely other reasons and I think that what I said in my post seems possible with what we know of Moeka.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    exactly! I don't understand - what do people actually think Moeka is doing? Sitting at home all day playing video games?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Some idols improve on performance faster than others. Sometimes it's not a lack of effort, but the necessity of even more effort. Again, I wouldn't be too harsh on Moeka. Luckily for her the group is at a point where she can be placed front and center without having proven herself, since she has strong seniors supporting her on her flanks, it's the opposite now: this is her chance to prove herself. If anything center has kind of stopped being a reward and is becoming more like a test. Being center also means being able to withstand the pressure. If management didn't believe she could do it they wouldn't give her this task.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    lol, that reminds me when they had to yank Mayuyu off UZA center because she couldn't do the choreo well. Then Paruru living a hell on Earth when they made her a center of song with heavy choreography.

It's almost a month away from the release date, maybe they should reveal the MV anytime soon?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I know its the official narrative but I've always found the "Mayu couldn't do the choreo well thus she was replaced as co-center" story as BS. Like if they really want Mayu to be co-center, adjustments were possible. Heck, probably the most technically difficult part of the choreo, the scorpion, was not even done by Jurina, the other co-center.

Then again, it gave a nice story for Mayu. And Yuko definitely owned the choreo of Uza.

Anyway, I guess with Moeka right now, maybe they would be playing with the story on how she's not as good as the senpais and she'll do her best to improve.

• Agree Agree x 1