1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

Is there any source for this?

Are you basically saying that AKB48 will never or cannot adopt KPop system? Alright, fine for me because AFAIK there is nobody in this forum which passionately, always bringing into the discussion about AKB48 must copy Kpop system in order to survive which lead to hot lengthy debate and discussion except for you know who.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Lookman

Lookman Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lckmnzans
  3. nundi

nundi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    It's different because the girls are already popular, and actually were always on the debut line up (aside Chaewon) the PDX thing just went big because it was too obvious and because a lot of popular trainees didn't get in

4. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Actually Chaewon did rank in top 12 once, but since Mnet a mid-week reveal she went down to 15th place when the ep was aired.

BTW, do you think it could be possible that, once the contract ends, AKS keep with the group even for only japanese releases (altough I think they could find a way to release song in Korea)?

5. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    NANI????!!111
    is that you??

Dunno since J-lines need to go back to their original group and Knetz will be very riot -especially with the latest and biggest Korea-Japan tension.

6. GATX105

GATX105 Member

^
    I think it's the individual agencies that won't allow it since they are not making too much from their girls while they are in Izone. And imo the J-lines don't need to go back to their original groups -- they can do whatever they want individually or AKS can have them do whatever it wants if they are still with the company.

I think it doesn't count officially since it's a mid-week standing update as opposed to an actual end-of-the-week ranking.

7. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    just an FYI but the original Produce group members of IOI made enough money from their activities that they ended up paying off not just their own personal debt, but the debts of their fellow trainees in their respective agencies. I'm certain IZ*ONE surpassed IOI in pretty much every financial category except for maybe endorsements. This is just their Korean activities and not even counting Japanese activities. Given their success, IOI members are trying to reunite after just two years since they've disbanded. Key thing here is that their agencies are allowing it to happen, even Chungha's who the most successful act to come out of Produce.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    You mean... graduation?? :censored:
    I think it's Hii who will graduate from AKB after those 2.5-year contract ends. First, we don't know wherever eito still exists after Tokyo 2020 or not. Second, if eito still exists and Hii backs to eito, she will get shafted by Yuiyui, Yuiyui, and Yuiyui :fear:
    #okaberinwho

9. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    First day of the tour

[dead links]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  10. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    i wonder how the popularity of 3japanese members now? even sakura for me seems quite underwhelming, nako and hitomi are left behind. it seems they are not pushed enough or they are not in the right timing due to ongoing tension between korea-japan. i always thought sakura can rival top5 in the brand reputation list..but it seems she didnt attract much attention.

11. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Those concert shirts look really bad when you look at them in the Izone online shop but look really really good when the girls wear them lol.

I was thinking in terms of share in profits and whether the bigger companies like Starship might think they can make more money if they used their own talent as opposed to getting 2% of the profits versus CJ E&M's 50% (assuming this is similar to the wanna one contracts)

I meant that imo they can be part of a successor group if there is one and that they don't necessarily need to go back to their groups. They can if they want to.
    And I think everyone in AKB "needs" to get shafted by yuiyui starting with their new center.

12. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Sure, if they don't necessarily need to go back to their group, they will graduate first and then join the successor group.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. nundi

nundi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Well, if they are still too popular and CJ decides to make the group permanent, they can always buy their contracts with their original companies, 3/12 of the girls companies are under CJ anyway so it wouldn’t be crazy, also CJ have money enough to do that

Yuri (Stone)
    Yena (Yuehua)
    Chaeyeon (WM)

I think Starship has also some kind of affiliation but I’m not sure, it also depends if Jline go back to akb or if they sign with a korean Label

14. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Yeah I know, what I tried to say with that is Chaewon's popular enough to rank in top 12, I bet she would have stayed in top 12 if Mnet wouldn't have made the mid-week reveal.

About the agencies allowing the girls to continue in IZ*ONE, i think it'll depend of how will be the terms of a new contract. Becuase I think for them it will be better if IZ*ONE can continue while the girls promote in their respective groups because their popularity as IZ*ONE members the agencies can still earn money from them. Even if it's not that much (which I personally doubt), it's better than hoping the fans will follow them in their new groups. But as I said.

15. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I'm too lazy to dig
    Wasn't there a mention of a possibility to extend the contract, when it was anounced it was going to be 30 months ?

16. nundi

nundi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    If we follow W1 example we can have an extention if fans ask for it and members want to (agencies too ofc)

17. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I think if it's still korea/japan group then the J-line would be the ones that are most available. Other than the three you mentioned, I don't think the agencies for Hyewon and Minju would have anything better. The biggest obstacles would seem to be Wonyoung and Yujin since they are young and very marketable. And then the two Woolim cause you can do more with two members than with 1. Maybe if they re-structure the profit distribution then it would be more appealing to the other agencies.

I think what helped her out the most was being revealed as one of those borderline members during the finale.
    Anyway, I personally think mnet rigged the results a little (I think kaeun and maybe myao would have gotten in) but I honestly can't say for sure who wouldn't have made it as everyone that made it is/was popular enough to get in without any cheating.

18. nundi

nundi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I have been thinking about this lately but, do you think Jline will go back to akb/hkt?

Hitomi team8, we don’t know what will happen to team8 or if it will still be there for 2021

SakuNako... tbh I think Sakura will probably graduate, I think if more original members graduate. It wouldn’t be the sameness for SakuNako, a lot of things can happen in 2 years, if Murashige and Aoi graduates I think Sakura won’t comeback, as for Nako, I think there’s more possibilities of her coming back, but it all depends on how things go until 2021

19. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Team 8 will be last remaining of akb48. Not the first to go.

This kpop thread underestimate s our Japanese system and the attraction is has for performer s.

I think the idols are performer s first and care less about the kpop jpop label that the knetz feel they must apply to everything.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

20. Titan3

Titan3 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    tough to know over a year away from disbandment... I guess it depends on whether j-line will be homesick and want to return home or if they'll want to continue with their Korean activities... Was it a fun 2.5 year adventure or was it the beginning of a new career path?

Assuming IZ*ONE remain as popular as they do now or even become more popular, CJ will be very keen in keeping them, perhaps they may propose adding them to a group with Yuri under Stone? I don't think AKS would be a huge impediment, they seem to have been ok with Juri leaving for Korea but who knows, maybe they will want them back and promise to push them in their old groups.

Still too many unknowns to be sure what will happen.