Single AKB48 56th [Sustainable] (2019/09/18)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I just watched the 2 b-sides music videos!

Seishun Da Capo: Hm I think I'm not a fan of this, the song is fine but also a bit generic imo (not easy to remember). I didn't like the close-up in the Mv and they did so many of it, so yes the Mv is also not so good to me, not a fan of some of the make-up/styling either. ^^; But Rei looked good, and her eyecolor is very pretty! also Renacchi <3

Monica, Yoake da: This was really cool OMG I love it! I'm glad they went for a senbatsu with less girls because the choreography looks good like this, I think they did great with the dance and it looked cool with the water and all. the song is pretty good too, I can already remember how it goes, I just wish they didn't use too many effects on their voices at some parts. I think the centers did really well, and Hina! SHE LOOKS SO GOOD! <3

Overall I'm glad there's another b-side I like along with Team 8 one! Now we only need to hear the captains song (and get the full version of Team 8 Mv) and then it's complete ^^ Looking forward to that!

2. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    not that I'm an English native speaker, but there's imho nothing wrong with that sentence

sustainable | səˈsteɪnəb(ə)l | adjective
    1 able to be maintained at a certain rate or level:
    sustainable economic growth. • conserving an ecological balance by avoiding depletion of natural resources: our fundamental commitment to sustainable development.
    2 able to be upheld or defended:
    sustainable definitions of good educational practice.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I think AkiP used the word as mentioned in the song AND to explain AKB's situation right now. This is their way to say "we're still here!"

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Regarding the new couplings...

Seishun da capo:
    Song - lively song, easy to listen to, can imagine the lively MV
    MV - WHAT THE FRIKKK....what is that white border :lol::rofl:that's not what I mean by "something whacky" :gavel: tho have to say, even though it looks cheap they look like having fun.
    Verdict - okayish, might be a bit boring listening to the full song later. I hope not

Only Monica:
    Song - oh, nice beats in the beginning...a dark song? hope they kill it with the MV and choreo.
    MV - looks cheap, but the members looking pretty good. Kind of let down with the choreo which is not that strong for me. A bit harder one may match the beats better I think.
    Verdict - the full song might be more interesting actually. The short version just does not have the climax yet.

Edit:
    Regarding the "Sustainable" use...actually, SDGs is not that well known in Japan. At least compared to in developing countries.

5. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Native speaker here, who grew up before anyone ever used the word environment. When a distance runner is running laps at a certain pace, the question is always whether she can sustain that pace, i.e., is is sustainable?

• Like Like x 3
  6. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    The covers... Seems lile they use same makeup artist and photographer for 11-gatsu no anklet and sentimental train :fear:

7. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    covers are ok,some of the girls look weird lol

also isn't monica one of okappa's nicknames?i thought she looked the best in the mv

8. Amoz

Amoz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Imamura Mitsuki
    The title is "流れ星に何を願えばいいのだろう", so it is "Negaeba" instead of "Nageebaa". (Should be fixed in the wiki too.)

Also the translation would be better as "What should I wish on a shooting star". (First thing that came in mind was the direct "wish from" but "wish on" is the correct idiom in English.)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    and 'sustain' as used with electric instruments ... you should ask The Edge of U2 about that ... :D
    (or just listen to 'Bad' ;) )

• Like Like x 1
  10. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    “When You Wish Upon a Star” from Disney’s Pinocchio (1940). Upon or on work.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Britney M. Carey

Britney M. Carey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    I like the promo photo so much that I've just made it my desktop wallpaper. You can have it if you want, too!

https://postimg.cc/230Y96XX

View attachment 253743

P/S: I don't know how to resize a big image. Can any mods help me with this, instead of removing the photo? Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  12. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Their creative director needs to be fired (well he/she should be fired years ago)

13. Pheebs

Pheebs Upcoming Girls

Aw this is super adorable

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. MikaCHansen

MikaCHansen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Imamura Mitsuki (STU48)
    I wish they'd stop using the "no-makeup makeup", that's not how you do it,,,,, it's not supposed to look like you just woke up with a cold

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Britney M. Carey

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    I think most of them look fine, except for probably Yuihan and Chiho... :^^;:

16. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    it's the "I've been doing SR 15 hours a day for 2 weeks because I want to win this event" 5 AM face

• Winner Winner x 13
  17. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Email it to yourself. Your email program will downsize it for you. In this case, you would still want to leave the link to the full size image for use as wallpaper.

https://postimg.cc/230Y96XX

001-2.png

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    I mean, at least nobody has three arms like the last SKE single.

[​IMG]

Never forget.

• Winner Winner x 18
  19. Britney M. Carey

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    OMG that's so unseenable :1st:

20. icecream

icecream Kenkyuusei

After seeing the covers it feels like we follow a 30+ y/o girlgroup...even though I don't think are bad covers, I like some [hehe]

Monica, Yoake da looks nice, the only things I don't like are that they mixed some nice performers with some others that are not that good so I would prefer a shorter senbatsu with the better girls (but that's just my personal preference) and too much autotune in some parts...anyway a part from that, the chorus sounds so cool and the aesthetic is good, simple but good enough :1st: