1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 56th [Sustainable] (2019/09/18)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 22, 2019.

1. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 4
  2. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  3. Sailor Miyawaki

Sailor Miyawaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    that's only if people consider the increase to be due to centre effect which it doesn't seem so if things are looked at with a little more depth, according to estimates a lot of girls increased their sales from hs a lot which can be seen in their increase in sold out slots too, whereas according to hs sale estimates moeka sold about 4k less copies this single compared to last (~11.9k)

so the increase seems to be due an overall groth of people wanting to see other members more

• Like Like x 3
  4. Mana

Mana Under Girls

This is assuming that Moeka's slots that aren't sold out are completely empty which is definitely not the case, and they could very well be almost full, no one knows, so doing estimates on that gives a wrong idea imo

I think the sales are great, and while I do know that it's thanks to HS, but the reason me (and other people) worried for their sales is because of all the things that happened this year, which could have made 48G/AKB lose fans (so, less HS, less sales etc.). Not only controversies but also big names like Sasshi being gone (the most popular 48G member in the previous single). the fact that it's selling so much despite all of that, it's really impressive. Besides, while I don't think that senbatsu affects sales, but it can help. if your fav member has a good position or is on the cover, it does help. and there are probably still people who do buy the single because they like the song, probably not very much but still, there's that. so the fact that it sells this wells means that AKB and management are doing things right, and we can enjoy the promotions without worry!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    No, it means they're doing more. A lot more. When you have extra round after extra round, extra date after extra date that doesn't really show much competence. Like I said before, they made it impossible for an AKB single to sell less than a million, despite the quality of the song, the senbatsu, the center or even any scandal. When you buy tickets for your girls are you really thinking about Moeka, the covers, the MV or Mahohon? You just want to shake hands with and see them, like before, and that's just it. This single is a combined Summer+Sousenkyo single. Of course the sales would be good. Actually, it could've been better.

• Agree Agree x 12
  6. Sailor Miyawaki

Sailor Miyawaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    the non sold out slots things are in the estimates for the members who didn't sell out all their slots too and doesn't count them as empty either, you can look for yourself to compare if you want as well as compare to previous singles:
    http://muranokuma.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2019/07/post-4735ae.html

the sales are good but as a previous user said, to get a good idea you need to consider that we skipped an ssk single in there so you could say this is maybe almost a build up of 2 singles worth of savings and wanting to meet girls in HS. Another thing to note is that scandals that happened are more likely to turn off the fans who probably arent the ones bulk buyings +hundreds of copies of cds to meet the members, especially if those members weren't involved in the scandal, as most werent.

7. Mana

Mana Under Girls

well this can be said with confidence now because we saw the HS sales and the single's sales... but before that, after all AKB went through this year (NGT controversy that affect 48's name, people becoming anti-AKS, shows cancelled, events cancelled including elections) I don't think any of us could have known for sure that they would still be able to sell this much after the break. But now we do know that there are still a lot of fans who stayed and support them and spend.

I was talking more about people who would buy this single for other reasons, since not everyone buys for HS. but of course those who don't buy for HS are a minority anyway, I was just pointing out that these people who buy for other reasons might have helped too. Because imo management tried with the song and the covers (for example, the Yuiri+Naachan cover is obviously to attract the many fans who love this pair and who could buy this version just for that).

Lastly, it doesn't make much sense to expect this single to sell more or even better because it combines summer+sousenkyo. Summer single get crazy sales because fans buy it to vote for elections, while Sousenkyo single is the senbatsu that is all picked by fans (including b-sides) which makes more people (fans) buying it because they voted for their fav to be in it. which again proves my point above that not all sales are because of HS, the fact that sousenkyo singles always sold well and a bit more than a regular single must be because people want to buy the single where their fav got to be in senbatsu because they vote.

Of course doing more rounds and having more groups help AKB to keep the million sales through the years even with decrease of relevancy but yes, this year was different with all the issues, and I was one of the people who said not to be worried about how AKB would do (and I still think so) but even with the good HS sales, I didn't expect 1,5M on Billboard / 1,3M on Oricon. I think no matter what, these are numbers to celebrate and not to think "they could have done better" considering this is better than some of last year's singles and they're going through a bit of difficult times in the past months.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 4
  8. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    just reduced the number of girls in hs to any one of the 46g, let see if they can sustain the number. anyway, congratulation to this new push girl. wonder if she will get mega pushed treatment or just a short term replacement again.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Creative Creative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Biometrics

Biometrics Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kumi
    who cares about 46 in this thread?!
    get lost

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Because when you look at sales number, you need to consider the situation at that time. They were kinda declining in sales. Not only 11gatsu, but Sukinanda# (the single before gatsu) also have low-ish sales. Because of that, most people think that Jabaja would dip below 1M since, well, Shoot Sign was below 1M and the situation was pretty similar for both (both single was pre-voting single and both were released after an album. In case people are not familiar with 48G album release, it has a theater ed and comes with a 2s tix). In case of Jabaja, it also had a horrible promotion time because they were busy doing wrestling.
    Considering all of that, it was somewhat a miracle that Jabaja didn't dip below 1M.
    [hide]it might be because of the center that it didn't dip below 1M, but I'm biased[/hide]

1st day sales number so people have a bit of context about what I was talking about
    [hide]
    +6th Album
    39th: 860,269
    *40th: 1,472,375
    41st: 1,187,633
    +7th Album
    42nd: 813,044
    ----
    43rd: 1,133,179
    *44th: 1,331,907
    45th: 1,100,332
    46th: 1,120,070
    ----
    +8th Album
    47th: 933,969
    *48th: 1,217,244
    49th: 1,036,551
    50th: 1,048,400
    ----
    +9th Album
    51st: 1,028,653
    *52nd: 1,591,164
    53rd: 1,394,356
    54th: 1,173,015
    ----
    55th: 1,190,095
    56th: 1,338,291

*voting single
    +album
    [/hide]
    *Also need to remember that we are talking about Oricon number here. they might have changed how they count the sales.

About Moeka sales, whether it is full enough or not, I would guess that half of it is almost full and half of it is empty enough.
    [hide]
    I can't really say whether her remaining slot is totally empty or half full or almost full. Well, probably not almost full since they would mark it as almost sold out during the sales (unless it happened on the very last sales day which then we don't have the data for it). What I can check is the previous HS sales and correlate it with the actual HS.
    What the sales number didn't show is which remaining slot that Moeka hasn't sold out yet. Moeka sold out all of her Kanto HS + 1 slot each for non Kanto HS (Nagoya and Osaka) and that leaves her with 8 available slots. It might be because her fans can't/doesn't want to travel far and she didn't have enough recognition outside of Kanto. This is actually what prevented Moeka selling out all of her slot on the previous singles.

Since we do have access to the members lane and oshimashi data for the 55th single, this is what it looks like for 5/3/2019 HS (for Jiwaru DAYS) which was in Osaka
    http://www.kingrecords.co.jp/img/usr/akb48/20190503-intexosaka-member.pdf
    *Moeka is in lane 10
    As you can see, she had 5 slots. 3 slots available for oshimashi (which means empty enough). As far as I know, she didn't sold out any slot for this Osaka HS (0/5). Miion also posted similar number while Rinrin sold out 1 slot but only 1 slot of her available for oshimashi (meaning 4 slots are full enough although the sales number was 1/5). Kuranoo also had a 0/5 and she had 4 slots available for oshimashi. I think Moeka probably will have at least 1 slot available for oshimashi on each of those non Kanto HS, possibly 2 each.
    [/hide]

bonus pic
    [​IMG]
    The original tweet source. He is sad an happy at the same time. His oshi is in Next 12 senbatsu
    https://twitter.com/OQHzyBQjBSKIBUC/status/1174265463012024322

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. Mana

Mana Under Girls

For the release day of Sustainable, Moeka along with Chiho and Miku, went to Tower Records shop in Akihabara! They looked at the CD's there, and signed on some paper (which I guess will be added on the Sustainable section that they have in the shop right now). The 3 of them look just adorable at the end ;w;

if the video does not show watch the video here

I wonder if some lucky fans met them by chance there while buying the CD LOL. anyway the promotion seems good, it's probably the usual thing, but there's posters, their music video played on the televisions, their section looks really colorful and cute. They wrote "Yahagi Moeka's first center" on top of it too. <3

• Like Like x 2
  12. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    There was a comment made yesterday which is impressively unpopular. Like, you guys really went to town with the negatives there.
    I was only worried about bracing for a fight here and being ready to stop it. Thankfully it didn't happen, so everyone who resisted the urge to escalate please pat yourselves on the back. I know it's hard.

This caused me to miss something I found important enough that I wanted to bring it up here. I'll be cross-posting this next bit to the rules thread.

We recently added and clarified rules, including a specific mention to not use sexist slurs like "bitch" and "whore".
    I'd like to clarify it. It's not because they're obscene.
    In fact, if you're the kind of person who calls someone a "bad bitch" and are absolutely clear about it being a complement, that's fine by me.
    The problem is when you call a member "a bitch", "a whore", etc. as an attack. (1) they're sexist slurs whether it's intentional or not (2) it's hate not criticism and (3) it's not the kind of attitude we want on the forum. Keyword: "attitude", not "language"/"content"
    Psuedo-censoring by typing it as "b****" does not solve that problem in any way and is no different from typing the word out.

Don't mistake this as bias as I'm not any more interested in discussing 46 here than you are, but there's nothing rule-breaking about it and your response was entirely inappropriate. Don't let it happen again.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. KuroMaruKun

KuroMaruKun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Murayama Yuiri
    First timer here! Just wanna tell you that quite a lot of fans met the 3 of them during their "CD Shop Tour". My friend was lucky to met them when they were at tower records shibuya. Apparently those fans also recorded them using smartphones during their visit and seems like it is allowed by the staff. This is literally my first post so sorry for any unwanted mistakes lol.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Britney M. Carey

Britney M. Carey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    How come?

15. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Don't worry, there's no mistake! Welcome to the forums! and thanks for the info, that's great to know. Lucky fans :XD:

16. KuroMaruKun

KuroMaruKun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Murayama Yuiri
    Thank you! Yeah and the worst part is he's not even a fan even though he know some of the members. He was there because i asked him to buy the newest single and then bam! He met them and cannot stop telling me about it while im stuck in my room in another country lol.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Mana

Mana Under Girls

2019/09/17 AKB48 - Sustainable LIVE @ Utacon

Since I couldn't find this performance uploaded anywhere, I uploaded it myself! it's from 2 days ago at Utacon. if you want to see the Mc part as well, here's a longer version. Moeka got to talk during Mc and Miion too! Great for them to get this opportunity! Moeka told the Mc about "suchi" again LOL it's good she isn't afraid to say these things, even in big shows. and it makes a good impression haha, she's so cute! I enjoyed the Sustainable performance, the instrumental is done live by the orchestra, it felt different! and the girls did great, they look adorable <3

• Like Like x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. wuerfel

wuerfel Member Studio48 Contributor

It sounds like live singing in the end, too (that long tone is quite shaky), but not at the beginning o__O

19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Informative Informative x 3
  20. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Yes I noticed that too :^^;:

Actually I think the same thing happened the other day when Nogi performed their new single in Utacon. The "hey" in the background were live but the rest wasn't live, I was a bit confused why they would make just the "hey" word live. Now for AKB it looks like only the last lines were live. it's kinda weird haha

Just now on Showroom, Rinrin was singing Sustainable, she's so cute <3
    Watch: https://twitter.com/k3po7gouki/status/1174632024067301377