1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kawamura Mahiro (Rottii) / 1st Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by ~~kumako~~, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

I get a feeling we are coming to a closure of Rotti's role with Zpop. The groups has met some setbacks lately. The RAMF Kpop concert in Manila was cancelled three days before the event, and along with their Philippines promotions as well. Zenith put out a statement:
    Zpop.jpg
    Source: https://channels.vlive.tv/E60325/celeb/0.11895342?boardId=813

Their MV views are not so much to brag about. 2-5 million views from supposedly backed by 7 countries with big population is just embarrassing. They also been banned by korean broadcasters to appear on Kpop music shows.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/201...the-groups-arent-being-invited-to-music-shows

Comments about Mahiro's status and whereabouts are increasing in every new video or social media post by the company. I feel we are nearing a conclusion of this Z-POP fiasco.

2. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Can't be soon enough. It may be a disappointment for the members who worked hard to make something of it, but the whole project is bad news since the start. Rottii and the others girls are better off without it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

This went under the radar. Maiyan with Rotti couple days ago
    Maiyan.jpg
    Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/B26e4oMJx2X/

Other than that, her profile was uploaded on Z-POP Japan IG. This situation is so confusing and frustrating. Is she still a part of this hopeless thing or not?

I just hope she doesn't owe Zenith any debts if she leaves. These Kpop agencies are notorious with making their idols owing them with this burden.....
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B2wfy1EAUpa/

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 1
  5. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

So I was lurking in Zenith's VLive account to see if there are any news or fan comments about Rotti. It seems one fan said she will be coming back.

Mahiro.jpg

6. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    That's not really a trustworthy source though.

7. welp

welp Next Girls

This could mean, left the group or not, she still was bound by the contract. This isn't new in Korea. And, usually, K-pop contract is 5 or 7 years long. Welp. Anyway, fans have been confused about her status in the group, most incline onto she has left but, they can't be sure.

It's penalty fine for breaching the contract. She may file for contract termination through the court but, just shitty management isn't enough of the ground to terminate the contract. She must be abused or the agency has breached the contract for it to be terminated. Also, the lawyer for the lawsuit surely isn't cheap.

K-pop concert cancelled all the times for various reasons. You can't use it to evaluate anything.

I saw a rumor that, next year, Z-Girls would release new songs in 2 versions, Eng and Kor, so it could promote on Korean music shows. Also in the next year is new Z-Girls group. The current Z-Girls is supposed to be renamed into something else and the new group will take over the name. Zenith already got new girls (and boys) from the same 7 countries.

8. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

I know about the rumors of them making korean version of their songs. Recently, they performed at a military festival in Yanggu with other Kpop groups Cherry Bullet and Mamamoo. I posted the video in Idol Emporium. They spoke korean a lot there, two of them fluently so I guess Zenith is prepping them for promotions in Korea.

BUT, I have a very bad feeling about them entering the Kpop market. They have no korean members and majority of them are from Southeast Asia and India. Two places korean despise and look down upon. I fear they will be greeted by hate and xenophobia not only by the infamous knetz, but from the korean entertainment industry itself. Koreans even hate foreign Kpop idols like Lisa, calling her Tom Yun Goong noodles. Olens lens company even removed her picture from a poster, but got it back after international BlackPink fans protested a lot. Z-Girls don't have a big fandom and can easily be bullied without any consequences. I don't want Rotti to experience this, since she is japanese and Korea has a beef with Japan lately.

No idea how long contract she has with Zenith, but since Z-POP is a project only, can it be shorter than 5 years?? Just want her to get out of there and pursue better career options.

It has been debunked. I investigated it myself lol

Mod Edit: Merged post. Wait for 24hrs, someone else reply or edit your first post to prevent post spamming.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2019
  9. welp

welp Next Girls

From what I heard, Military Fest was a big event that agencies fought for their lesser popular (girl) group to be there. You could see that Mamamoo was a big name, Cherry Bullet came from a bigger agency (FNC).

In Korea, before ethnicism, there is lookism. The country of origin becomes an issue only when the idol doesn't fit Korean beauty standard (or does something offensive). It doesn't bother the Korean that G I-DLE's Minnie came from Thailand and she has been trending lately (due to Queendom). The issue of Lisa bundled with the controversy her group and her agency had been in. Another member, Jennie, who was born in Korea to Korean parents also was called "pho".

My understanding is Z-Pop is a long project and Z-Girls is meant to last for years. It's just the group will get a new name before the name Z-Girls is passed over to the next batch of Z-pop girls.

However, I guess she may be alright if she stays away from Korea? I doubt Zenith will sue her to a foreign court.

10. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Is she the only one from Z-Pop project to have gone missing? I think one of the guys from Z-Boys got an unprecedented "missing" few months back? I don't know what happened afterwards. I watched one of their live stream before and I think one of the guys are not so much into their activities, almost like regretting why he was there.

I think by now she could've done better if managed by N46 LLC. Was she not invited by LLC? Or did she reject it because she has other plans arranged already? Will LLC try to get her back?

11. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

I have no hopes for these groups to succeed frankly. They are already getting mixed feedback from the Kpop fandom, mostly negative though.

Don't believe their company are able to do anything to get them to stardom. Zenith previous Kpop groups have flopped totally and recently they have been removed from their artist page. If they can't manage their own Kpop groups properly, how can they do this with a group that has a confussing identity what it wants to be?

Had Zenith proclaimed Z-Girls were a Kpop group, sang in korean and added at least one korean member since the beginning, I think they would slightly have a better chance to create some good buzz. Unfortunately, people's opinion are already set on them. Maybe the second batch will change things, but I doubt it frankly.

Maybe she has other plans or still bound to the contract with Z-Girls? Anyways, I hope this saga comes to a conclusion soon. If she still stays with Z-Girls, I'll support her regardless.

• Like Like x 1
  12. welp

welp Next Girls

I remember the Indian guy went missing. The agency said he had visa issue and he came back 1 or 2 week(s) later.

I read that the group had quite some fans in Philippines and Indonesia. Perhaps, if Z-Girls is promoted well in these 2 markets, the group can make considerable profit. However, it relies on how competent its local partner in each market is.

13. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

It's better to have markets they can potentially grow than nothing I supposed. But that doesn't guarantee success.

Indonesia and Philippines are small markets and most people prefer non-idol music. Just look at JKT48 and MLN48. Granted, JKT48 is doing a bit better now, but they are nowhere the juggernaut of the indonesian music scene. MLN48 is still struggling.

If Kpop agencies wasn't so xenophobic of Southeast Asia and open to take in trainees there, Z-POP wouldn't be necessary. Tbh I don't know if Zenith really know what they want to do with this new ''genre'' they are making.

14. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Rotti is apparantly in Korea right now. From her IG story and one of the Zgirls member Vanya. Can we pleeeeease have a conclusion on this situation now???? :cold:

zgirls1.jpg

zgirls2.jpg
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B4XOvS9hP1J/

15. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Rotti is returning to Z-Girls

http://en.zenithnews.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=2291

• Like Like x 1
  16. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

Rotti first appearance in Zpop since her hiatus

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  17. Jumps_Zilla

Jumps_Zilla Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    <3 Nishino Nanase <3
    I hope she does well in the group.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  18. welp

welp Next Girls

You used completely wrong analogy. The Zenith's groups orient toward K-pop fans which is much greater in size to J-pop ones. Black Pink is pretty massive in Indonesia and is the most popular girl group/female idol group in SEA.

Indonesia with 200M+ population surely isn't a small market regardless the value of music industry. Singers can find their ways to make nice income through tie-ins and events. A problem is if Z-Girls will stay in Indonesia long enough to establish itself there and move around the country for such earning.

K-pop agencies have long opened the door to SEA trainees. If you look at big K-pop agencies' international audition schedules, almost always, Thailand is included and they are 1 - 4 stops in other SEA countries. However, they are various factors limiting their chance to become K-pop idol.

The coming of the next gen also is worrying as the limited budget will be spread thinner and the first gen may be shelved to focus on the new gen.

19. Meltrandi

Meltrandi Kenkyuusei

The comments are 99% about Mahiro from their latest episode. Their fandom GalaxZ seems to be very happy to have her back.

I think they should try to establish themselves in Indonesia and Philippines where their main fanbase are, if they want to survive. Unless, Zenith decides to open their pockets and pay the korean shows to let them perform.

Just glad Mahiro is back, even though I would be even more happier if she choose another career path than Z-Girls. I wonder what Zenith did to make her return. I was so sure she wasn't.

20. Jumps_Zilla

Jumps_Zilla Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    <3 Nishino Nanase <3
    It's good to hear that the fans are happy. Makes me feel the same. :)

Cheers!