1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 8th [Kuroi Hitsuji] (2019/02/27)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 14, 2019.

1. tmfce

tmfce Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okamura Minami
    I mean nothing was ever officially confirmed, however I thought it was generally assumed that Sony decided to delay the single from sometime late last year due to Techi's injuries but then chose to rush it out early this year because they needed to release something but didn't want to interfere and overlap heavily with the promotion of Hinatazaka.

2. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

Despite the lousy promotions, Kuroi Hitsuji ranked #6 on Billboard's Mid-Year 2019 Ranking. Congrats!

Source

• Like Like x 9
  3. Quark

Quark Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Also, 1, 3 and 5 were not released this year

4. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    • Like Like x 5
  5. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

Singer/songwriter Ken Kamikita covered Kuroi Hitsuji - it's really worth a listen! Link

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

Kuroi Hitsuji ranked #1 in Tower Record's (largest physical retailer in Japan) First Half of 2019 singles chart. Congrats to Keya, rocking them rankings so far :)

Source

• Like Like x 7
  7. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Was the MV filmed in an abandoned buidling ? Where is it located ? Anyone has the details ?:chuffed:

8. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Here are some details about it. It's privately owned, so if you enter without permission it will be considered trespassing and you can be charged for that.

• Like Like x 3
  9. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  10. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Quark

Quark Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    I think most of the nominated songs are kind of awful, and I'm surprised that some hits didn't make it. Watching the list, kuroi hitsuji would definitely be my choice for song of the year. Hinata's doremi is also great but I doubt they will win. Sing out is, in my opinion, a weak song compared to synchro and influencer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Barring the ninth single news, it's the ONLY Keyakizaka46 single of the year...but, as I said WAAAAAY back in February, Kuroi Hitsuji definitely deserves the Japan Record Awards this year. Unfortunate if Nogizaka46 doesn't get the three-peat but Sing Out! doesn't feel like JRA-worthy to me (also said that when that Nogi song came out as well) given what Kuroi Hitsuji delivers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    As much as I love the Sakamichi groups, JRA should be given to recently massively influential song and upcoming artist/groups like King Gnu or Official Higedandism.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

I share the same opinion with @vshav that I'm not impressed with any songs nominated for JRA grandprix this year. The only massively popular song is Paprika which I thought it was released in 2018? What are the criterion of this award?

Btw, some fans pointed out that if Keyaki won this year, it would be awkward for them to perform Kuroi Hitsuji two times in the same night. This song should be sung only 1 time/day to maintain its impact and quality

15. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

This is what the Committee Chairperson said regarding the requirement for JRA grandprix as translated by AramaJapan:https://aramajapan.com/featured/win...he-61st-japan-record-awards-announced/102628/
    "Comments from Committee Chairperson Fumihiko Sasomori (Nikkan Sports Shimbun): The Grand Prix is meant to be bestowed upon a work which is not only strongly supported by the populace, but also possessed of artistic excellence, originality, excellent planning, and is truly reflective of the year in which it wins. It is an award that is supposed to encompass more than the popularity of an artist or a particular track and also consider how the song in question has reached people of different generations. The Newcomer Award is designed to recognize an artist whom has both the support of the masses as well as promise for the future. Though Enka artists often take longer than Pop artists to flourish, we consider them for this award with equal measure."
    This is why I am mostly confident in 'Kuroi Hitsuji' winning the prize cos frankly speaking that song qualifies in all that is being said. It isn't just about the popularity so as popular as Paprika is, it may or may not win.

As for this, I don't see why it should be awkward. The main reason is for them to sing their song the are contending with and the one that won. Nogi won with Influencer last 2 years and performed it 2 times. Same with synchronicity. It's just like that. But now we know Keyaki can perform any song they choose given that they performed a B-side song on Best hits.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  16. KingCrimson

KingCrimson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikoma Rina, Saito Asuka
    If that's the criteria, then Kuroi Hitsuji should run away with it. As a song and MV package, none of the other nominees come even close to its creativity and style. Well, except maybe the other Sakamichi groups, but that's because all Sakamichi music and MV teams are stellar. The only thing I'm worried about is the whole "reflective of the year" thing, what with the new Reiwa era and all. They might want to pick something happier. That could give Sing Out a chance. But even though I do actually like Sing Out and Doremisolasido more as songs to listen to, I really, really don't want them to win over Kuroi Hitsuji.

Kuroi Hitsuji is the most important song I've heard and seen all year. Its message and story was told in a unique and impactful way, and it is a message that needs to be given as much visibility as possible. It's also just flat out great music. So, here's hoping for the best.

• Like Like x 4
  17. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

@Iamyoung In my opinion, Kuroi Hitsuji is a different case to Influecer and Synchronicity, or actually, to most of the idol songs. In concert this song appeared on setlist, Kuroi Hitsuji was performed in encore because that is a prefect ending, to make audiences think about the meaning of this masterpiece. Then, the members also try their best to perform and convey it, both mentally and physically, especially Hirate. Kuroi Hitsuji is not a song which you can sing half-heartedly with joyful tears after winning a grandprix. This is the reason why I said it was awkawrd and it seems many share the same opinion with me.

But, I won't complaint if Keyaki wins. Thank for your info ^^ It's more confused to read those requirements because I'm sure there are more songs which have not only musically high-quality but also huge public interest. Why those songs didnt make the cut

Personally, Kuroi Hitsuji really deserves the most to win grandprix among the nominated songs. If it wins, people might feel curious and even criticize it, then they can come to listen and find out how great it is. Sounds wonderful to me

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    That is true, but that should have also been the case for the past two years when Nogi won. Synchronicity winning last year wasn't received well by the general public for a reason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    I agree. Last year Kenshi Yonezu's Lemon or Aimyon's Marigold were influential and game changer. Should've been given to them.

• Agree Agree x 2