1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 9th / Last Single [Dare ga Sono Kane wo Narasu no ka?] (2020/08/21)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by minaeshi, Sep 10, 2019.

1. GenKelC

GenKelC Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    Any decision will be tough, it depends on fans, but yeah, the losing interest topic will happen, Techi had too much inlfuence, and the withdrawal stirred the show business worl in Japan, she is so far what made Keyaki become what it is now, no one cant deny that

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I've been hoping for a different song but I actually hope they make the first post Techi single one with strong Keyaki brand style to show the remaining members have it in them. Doing an about-face here would suggest they can't do it with Techi

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
  3. Mr. Take It Easy

Mr. Take It Easy Kenkyuusei

Im not a Keyaki fan at all.
    But the Hirate news got to me (duh)

You guys have no idea how important a center is, I mean songs are attractive and such, but center and members are even way more important.
    I liked Silent majority and fukuetcetcon because of the song, however I could care less about the members and the Yurina didn’t seem appealing to me. So I had those two songs on my playlist for 2-3 months and now they’re gone and I obviously don’t follow Keyaki at all.
    I just realize even with AKB, Magda was friendly enough and my oshi was tomomi.

I feel like Keyaki has a huge opportunity here. I’m curious of a new face, even though no one really dragged me into the group (weak members, fight me)
    I’m actually excited, and good for Hirate, I don’t think she really enjoyed her time in the group.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

What about Ten-chan at centre? Can she sing and dance? I rather disliked her from her Showroom auditions, and she created awkwardness in her first appearance on KeyaKake, but I'm sure they thought of her as an "A" or an "S" when they selected her for the group, and she sometimes seems to me to have a special presence: awkwardly young, big, seemingly confident (unless her experiences as an idol have beaten her down). It might be making the same mistake twice, of course. I personally would have gone for Mon-chan to replace Techi, but....

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    I'm expecting a redraw of the senbatsu, or no senbatsu at all since there are only 22 members left now :(

2ki are good, and I love Ten-chan as well, but it ain't her time yet. In my opinion it would be good to give a 1ki member the center before the 2ki, not only because of seniority but because 2ki still needs time to develop

Personally, I want a Risa-Pon double center, but that's just me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I wonder if we'll ever get to see what they had prepared for this single?
    I would love it if they included it as a b-side or something.

But surely their comeback needs to present something new.
    I would include all the remaining members in senbatsu and have a 1st gen - 2nd gen W-center or something.

As for the song style... they really can't go back to being the dark idols now that Tecchi is gone. But they can't go the pure idolish way and clash with Nogi and Hinata, so that's gonna be a tough one.

7. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    I don't think Ten-chan is a good choice yet. I think it should be between Hikaru or Hono, with Hikaru being the likeliest choice. But it will probably be Pon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. valerien

valerien Kenkyuusei

I agree. I think the next release will shed more light in regards to the situation and how management view the group without Hirate. I've always felt that after the success of Silent Majority, Keyakizaka46 always felt like a Hirate Yurina vehicle and management have done everything possible to cement her as an absolute center going as far as doing SakamichiAKB release (I think she's the first non-48 member to center an AKB single, and the song and release always felt to me as more of strengthening her as an absolute center rather than just trying to make a 48/46 collaboration).

If the next release is sub-par with a generic idol song, then I really fear for the group. The concern is that the higher quality idolish songs will be given to Nogizaka46 and Hinatazaka46 because it will suit their personalities better, the more angsty and dark songs which otherwise would have been given to Keyakizaka46 would be released as Hirate Yurina singles instead, and Keyakizaka46 would be stuck in the middle as a "handshake sales" group until they carve out a new identity with another prominent center.

https://bunshun.jp/articles/-/28794

No idea on how much truth there is to this, so take it for what it's worth. Apparently, the withdrawal have been decided for months with only a few knowing about it and being kept as a "closely-guarded secret". The rushing of the Tokyo Dome concert, and the Tokyo Dome DVD which was originally supposed to be released in December but production team was asked to delay the release until after the withdrawal announcement. It was mentioned that while initially the entire group was supportive of Hirate being the absolute center during the group's initial meteoric rise, there have been a growing uneasiness within the group as the members started growing individually because most of the activities and releases revolved around Hirate's schedule and health and there had been a growing distance between her and some members. It was mentioned that Kobayashi Yui was one of the few who stuck with her right till the very end.

The tipping point being the constant delay of the 9th single (I think that while for more prominent members the quality of the 9th single is of utmost importance, the lesser prominent members just want to have the 9th single released as long as it's acceptable because while income is not a concern for the more popular members, the lesser popular members have practically been without an income for year because it's my belief that a substantial amount of their income come from their single releases via handshakes and promotions etc). It was at this point where Hirate decided that a clean break was needed (she probably felt that she wasn't wanted anymore?), and plans were drafted for her withdrawal and subsequent solo debut. It has been reported widely in news outlets (leaked from management?) that she will be debuting as a solo artist in the upcoming months.

It will probably never happen, but I have a strong feeling that they will release the 9th single as it is with very limited promotions similar to Kuroi Hitsuji as "Hirate Yurina & Keyakizaka46", which will signal her "goodbye" release. There have been rumours going around with screenshots showing that the 9th single MV to be dropped on the 30th January, which is a day after the Tokyo Dome DVD release. It sounds very bold, but it could have been planned in advance. And then giving management time to restructure the group for the 10th single instead of changing everything and starting from scratch for the 9th single, while Hirate starts working on her solo release.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GenKelC

GenKelC Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    Well, they are humans after all, of course they can argue and feel uneasy, life is not perfect, friendships can come to an end, and Techi sacrifice herself for everyone else sake, she know that if she continue in the group, (even though Keyakizaka would be the best idol group ever thanx to her,) the others would never shine and get the opportunity in the show business so she just stepped aside, she is a good kid, we hope for the best for her, and lets see what happen with the 9th single is gonna be tough breaking away for this image they have, I fear the most that they will become the generic idol group like nogi and hinata..

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I may remember wrong, but Pon has been (probably with Zuumin but in less obvious ways) the first one to openly speak against Techi's absolute center and even Yuuka mentioned it. Then, when the girls centered the songs on rotation after Glass wo Ware, every one of them spoke about the pressure Techi had to endure and revalued their belief.
    This just to point out that things change, people evolve and in the end, especially last year with all the problems and news, Keyaki really reached that unity and sharing purpose they lacked before.
    This is how I saw it at least.
    Now... it feels like they need to stop, really talk within the group and step forward.
    Problem is, while I believe members could do this and give us a great new beginning, I'm not even remotely sure this mngmnt can. Or want.

It feels like Techi had already taken her decision back in 2019 (and, again, this is just my feeling) post-poning it again and again because staff and schedules required it. Which took us to the mess we are in today.
    Right now it seems I can't really care about this single. Every expectation I had just disappeared and I can't find the energy to give it a chance. Not just because Techi though, but because the timing, the planning, everything, gives me the clear message S&F too couldn't care less.

So, yeah, I'll buy my usual copies of the single because I'm a Keyaki fan, but... as long as mngmnt silence goes on, as long as they seems not to care about the group and fans, I can't truly invest myself. I just hope Keyaki doesn't become one of many similar groups, because the members deserve more.

One last thing, since we are in the middle of nowhere right now, mngmnt could just push in the new generation. Before or after the single.

My bet for the next center is between Pon and Hikaru though...but I think this is the moment where everything could happen in that regard. After Zuumin left, they made a coupling song with Pon and Habu so they could use the same plan and just make someone random (a sacrificial lamb of sort) the center of this single.
    Whoever she will be, it will not be simple and I truly hope she'll do well and get rewarded.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Reading Pon's blog, has there been another postponement of the single after the last one?

12. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Probably internally. I really think they intended to release 9th after Tokyo Dome to keep up with the momentum, and Kadowo is one of the coupling songs. Since Techi has thought about graduation a long time ago, I think initially 9th single would be her last (a graduation single if I must but I know Keyaki doesn't do "graduation single"). I think the plan was:
    Performing at Tokyo Dome - 9th single with graduation announcements/hiatus (November) - several end-of-year performances, highlighted by Kouhaku Fukyouwaon to end the decade or an era for Keyaki

I think that is a proper way to send off the absolute ace of the group. And then they would start the new decade fresh with new centers. However, for whatever reason, 9th single kept being postponed. We only know of one postponement, but there's much more communication behind the scene that we don't know. They couldn't drag the announcement any longer (Dani wants to concentrate on uni, Mon and Shiichan need to prepare to study abroad (if the Malta rumor was indeed true) and Techi probably also has a schedule she must follow too), which creates this dramatic turn for 9th single.

It's a shame that we probably would never know how 9th would turn out with the OG senbatsu, because that formation has so much potential. Having Techi, whether you like it or not, creates a sense of security among members and fans. Flanking Techi is the two major push of 2ki (Marina and Hono). Pon and Risa on 1st row corner are two stable pillars. Then we have Captain and Vice captain flanking who I think is the main push of 2ki - Hikaru (and would probably be the 1st 2ki center as well). 2nd-row center is also a suitable position to generate attention but without the pressure of the ace. A pretty solid formation that is both stable and experimenting if you ask me.

Pon is probably the best option for Keyaki now, takes all things into consideration. She has been the major alternate center for a while now, centering most songs for CDJ. Most Keyaki songs have quite intense choreo too and she's among the top dancers (Mon > Fuuchan > Techi=Nijika > Pon) of the group. Aichi duo is gone, and we all know mmg would not let Fuuchan or Nijika center anything (front row yes but no center). Pon is the only one left from that list, topped with singing skills and high hs sales. But if mmg insists with 2ki center than I can imagine Hikaru flanking by Pon and Risa (although I still think 2ki isn't ready to center yet).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

I think it will be a 2ki center. Nogi has done airdrop centers for every new gen and it's always been successful. So why cant Keyaki? I assumed the first non-Techi center would be a 2ki even before this postponement fiasco.

I usually don't like to say negative things about idols, but I honestly don't understand what people see in Pon. To me she's a snoozefest. She epitomizes everything about Keyaki I don't like, which is expressionless girls sitting around not saying or doing anything and giving one word answers whenever an MC talks to them. I would literally take anyone over Pon. She has zero charisma. And her PB sales were abysmal so it's not like she would be the best choice for appealing to the GP.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    isnt that what fans of keya wants?at least from what i read here in s48. they dont like talkative or any improvement except in dancing and being angsty.lol

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. dinda308

dinda308 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hirate Yurina, Habu Mizuho
    When Techi was still there, I thought Pikarun is most likely Neru-chan's successor regarding position. Always the shadow for center but will never be the center herself.
    However, the Kuroi's end year stage was quite a blow up compared to when 1ki's replacement when Techi couldn't center.
    The fierceness of her eyes and strong dance movement almost the same as Techi's.

If the 9th single is dark themed then Pikarun will be the strongest candidate, but don't know if it's hype like Kaze ni, then it's on Pon's hand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    Personally I'm not a Pon either. She's a good member to keep on first row but she lacks the it element to draw ppl in. She replaced techi many times already but except fans it didnt leave much impression. The first one to go after techi should at least manage to get people curious but current Pon is still not able to do that

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    the 2nd gen girls who were supposed to be next to techi should center this(i forgot who they were since this was announced ages ago) and also put all the memers in senbatsu

18. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Hono and Matsurina, lets go!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Agree. I love Pon and it is the member most people want as center. But honestly, something is missing, the "it" factor is just not there.

• Like Like x 1
  20. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    I also did not like Yuipon at the beginning, but seeing her grow so much was fascinating. If you compare the debut Yuipon to the one now, the difference is night and day in my opinion.

I really like Yuipon now (maybe because she reminds me so much of Nanasemaru) and I see what you guys are saying about the "it" factor, but not everyone can be Acchan or Techi. If it is indeed Yuipon who becomes center, I will be happy and give my support.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2