1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Iwasa Misaki (Wasamin) / 7th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Sep 2, 2009.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    "I became the special PR ambassador for the “Sakai / Ichiguchi Town People” Support Project!

Today, I received a letter of commission from the governor of Hiroshima Prefecture, Governor Yuyu, and I had a conversation with them.

This project is a project that is carried out by the residents of Sakaimachi. This is a project for collecting donations from inside and outside the country to connect to the future.

b82c8154f5300560b3fe9fdda7103253c09d7312.jpeg

o1080144014662932745.jpeg

o1080081014662560300.jpeg

https://tomo-machikata.jp/news/details/post-21.html
    https://ameblo.jp/wasaminnn/entry-12553588942.html
    https://ameblo.jp/wasaminnn/entry-12553429387.html

2. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki Fan Club Christmas Event at Tokyo Hit Studio (2019/12/21)

wasa73.jpg

When I arrived back in Tokyo after spending time in America, there were two Wasa-related tasks I had to quickly handle; renewing my fan club account, and reserving a spot for this show. I sent them both in at around the same time, and had no conformation that the fan club had my new address. So I hoped the address change had gone though okay.

wasa70.jpg

Back in 2016 Wasamin held events for both Christmas and Halloween. Since then she seems to be alternating the holidays. So while last year we had a Halloween event, this year it was Christmas only. Personally, I relish any opportunity to spend time with Wasamin, especially if she is dressed in a cute Christmas-themed outfit. This event was held at Tokyo Hit Studio, which is a small, Beatles-themed club connected to a BIG ECHO near Tokyo Station. My postcard said I was in Row K, which would most likely be the 11th row. Not the best spot, although I didn't know how the seat would be until I got into the venue. There were a lot of people waiting to get in, and they crowded the entrance the moment the doors opened Since seating was assigned, I chose to hang back and wait for the crowd to thin out.

wasa72.jpg

The setup of the room was quite strange. The stage and seats were set up diagonal to the entrance, with an upper alcove on the right side which was the location of the last six rows. The problem was that the was no way to access that area without sliding through the last row on the lower level. I'm so glad I wasn't seated in Row F, because that would've sucked. My seat ended up being in the last row, and wasn't really a seat at all, just a stool against the back tables. At least I had a lot of room to store my bag and jacket. Also, my seat was right on the end of the aisle, with a completely unobstructed view of the stage, and Wasamin. So I found her looking up at me repeatedly during the show.

In the meantime, we were handed a paper ornament to fill out with our name, fan club number, and a message. We were to then hang them from the Christmas tree on stage for a later drawing. The pre-show P.A. was playing a random selection of Japanese Christmas songs, as well as Wham's Last Christmas, which for some reason is being played ad nauseum this year in Japan. Eventually we beckoned our princess with a 'Wasamin call,' and out she came...

wasa77.jpg

OMG, so cute! A tartan Christmas elf costume. After a brief introduction, and Wasamin complaining it was too hot in the venue, the first event was the 'Wasamin Quiz.' This was actually the longest quiz they've ever done, with twenty questions. Most of the questions had to do with either 1) the cruise event last summer, 2) the most recent bus tour (which I wasn't on) 3) Last year's Halloween event, 4) Her blog, and 5) The new album release and promotion. Since it wasn't multiple choice I had a very hard time with the quiz, only getting two right. Apparently it was really hard for everyone as only three people got more than 12/20 correct. The winners received signed album posters.

Next was the Christmas tree drawing, the winners receiving signed one-shot chekis. Now when I hung my ornament on the tree, I placed it dead center, and right around her eye level, figuring that would give me the best chance. Ultimately she was picking all around the tree, including the back, and the very top. Twice she came very close to picking mine, and at one point I thought she had, but no such luck. It was too bad since I wrote her a really nice message. I hope she read it later. After that we went row by row taking our one-shots. Wasamin made sure to pose for a few seconds in front of everyone. Unfortunately for me the angle that I was standing in had a light shining right into my camera. I did my best to change the angle, but ultimately my pic of her looking at me is kinda washed out. I got other good pics though.

wasa74.jpg
    wasa75.jpg wasa76.jpg

It had already been over an hour. (The quiz and one-shots both took quite a while) But Wasamin announced there would be a singing portion of the event. I figured it would be just a few songs, but she sang 10 songs. Here's the setlist...

Setlist
    1. Hatsuzake
    2. Watashi ga Obasan ni Natte mo
    3. Momen no Handkerchief
    4. Kikyou
    5. Koibito ga Santa Claus
    6. Meri Kuri
    7. Ame
    8. Tamashi no Refrain
    9. Senbon Zakura
    10. Koi no Owari Sangenjaya

wasa71.jpg

She did quite a few MCs between the songs, mainly just chit-chatting. I think the biggest surprise was her cover of Boa's Christmas song. She actually sang both Christmas songs directly off of the LiveDam karaoke system. It was already late, and I began to wonder if we would all get to take a 2-shot with her. Of course I wanted to take a photo with her in that adorable outfit. However, I would wait quite a while since I was in the last row. In fact I ended up 4th to last...

wasa78.jpg

Since there were so many people there (I'm guessing around 150?) they were pushing us through quickly. The wait was compounded by the new staff member taking the photos. She kept screwing them up, resulting in a lot of retakes, so eventually the manager had to replace her. So in my quick exchange I forgot to remind her that my birthday was last week. I instead told her how much I loved her cover of Meri Kuri, and that it brought tears to my eyes (it actually did!) At first she was skeptically asking me "Really?" But I insisted it was true. And with that I gathered my stuff and headed outside.

The fans invited me to a bonenkai after the event. But I had limited funds in my wallet, and I had promised to meet a friend later in the afternoon, so I declined. Wasamin has no more events scheduled for the rest of 2019. So my next opportunity to see her won't be until the second week in January. She also has a birthday event coming up, which I haven't reserved a ticket for yet. However, there has been no announcement of a new single, or a 2020 solo concert. So perhaps we will be breaking patterns this year. It wouldn't be the first time she released a single later in the year (Hatsuzake) But I hope she has a concert in the works, even if it isn't during her birthday week. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Wasamin Greeting Vol. 3 at Shiodome Hall (2020/01/11)

So I guess I owe everyone a couple of writeups. It isn't that I haven't been going to events lately. I have been to a couple Wasamin and Minyo Girls events in January. However, I have been very busy, and just haven't been taking the time to do much writing. But since I have committed to recording everything I do as it pertains to Wasamin, better late than never i guess...

This was yet another event I wasn't sure I was going to attend. These Wasamin "Greeting" events are simply a chance for the fan club members to have an up close and personal experience with her, a cornerstone of the Wasamin fan experience. I didn't purchase a ticket during the initial application process. However, one of the fans who ultimately couldn't go offered me his ticket a couple weeks prior to the event, so I was good to go. It was a good thing too since the event was sold out. This was in the same location as her last greeting event in the fall, a small venue across from the Nihon TV building and the famous clock designed by Hayao Miyazaki.

wasa3.jpg

I arrived around 30 minutes before doors, and saw my friend Shim-san, who had my ticket, walking about a half-block in front of me. Suddenly he turned into the wrong building. It turned out he missed the last event and was confused. But he arrived on time and I had my ticket. I didn't bother trying to get in early since the seats were assigned. I would be in the 4th row on the far left. I received a complimentary 2-shot ticket as I entered, and later purchased a second ticket since they are relatively cheap.

Anyway, as I sat down I found a bunch of papers on my chair, including what looked like some kind of bingo game. I confirmed with Kentaro that the rules were we were to write down random winter-themed terms, and she would randomly call out stuff until someone got a bingo. I had no idea what to write down, but I tried to think of stuff she might say. For example, Santa-san, KFC, Mujineki, snow, etc. Eventually Wasamin came out wearing a red dress, black boots, and her hair down, looking as sexy as ever. The event began with the singing section. Here's the setlist...

Setlist
    1. Moshi mo Watashi ga, Sora ni Sundeitara
    2. Fuyu no Riviera
    3. Let it Go ~Enka version~
    4. Koi no Owari Sangenjaya

Well, Fuyu no Riviera is winter-themed, and Let it Go is from Frozen. Wasamin had mentioned at the end of last year that it was the end of the Sangenjaya promotions, but she still sang it here. They had a really heavy "echo" on her voice for some reason. It was sort of distracting at the beginning, but they eased it up after the first song. After the singing came the bingo game. All I can say is that it was amazing how quickly three people had a bingo; after only four items called. I actually came sorta close, and was one away when the game ended. The winners received signed 1-shot chekis.

And that was pretty much the end of the event. The rest of the time was dedicated to 2-shots. As I mentioned I had two tickets. Normally I would post all of my 2-shots, for better or worse. But to be honest, in my first pic Wasamin has a really weird look on her face, so I am not going to share it. I will share the second picture though...

wasa2.jpg

For our two quick talks I basically shared with her how I spent my New Year's eve and New Year's day. I also mentioned my friend Frank had been in town and wanted to see her, but had left before she had any events. Wasamin is really good at remembering all of my friends, and said that he of course remembered Frank, so she hoped she could see him next time he is in town. She is such a sweetheart. With that in mind...

There was also a questionnaire among the promotional papers we were given. I don't always fill them out, but this time I decided to give it my best and fill out the portions I understood. There was a general request question at the end, and I wrote (in English) for her to "please come to Okegawa." I sort of did it as a joke. But a week later she announced two events; one in Okegawa and one in Ageo, which is of course exactly where I live. She knows this too. I'm not going to say that my request had any influence on that announcement, but it's kinda neat to fantasize that maybe it did.

That was it. I attended another Wasamin event in Hamamatsucho a couple days later, which I will write about soon.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki Mini-Live at Hamamatsucho Cultural Broadcasting Center (2020/01/13)

I better catch up on these Wasa-posts with her coming out to my neck of the woods over the next couple weeks. This live event was the 2nd half of a Minyo Girls/Wasamin mini-live doubleheader. The rest of the Nagara Group stable had spent the better part of the week supporting the radio station housed in this building. I have been to countless events here, both outside the building and in the small concert hall upstairs.

I headed out early to see Minyo Girls' 11:30 show (which I will talk about in their thread) After grabbing lunch down the street at Devilcraft, I headed back to the venue. Personally, I wasn't concerned or interested about staking out a front row spot, which I easily could have done. Even arriving at the last minute can get you a standing spot less than 15 feet from the stage, so no worries. It was a bit chilly and windy, but I took off my jacket and donned my Happi just the same. Wasamin had come out in plain clothes to do a sound check a little while before the event, and I almost missed it. But I heard the music starting as I was walking down the street and doubled back in time. A short time later she came back out, this time in Kimono. By the way, this was not the normal mini-live. She performed an extended setlist...

Setlist
    1. Saba Kaido
    2. Mujineki
    3. Tokyo no Bus Girl
    4. Niji wo Watatte
    5. Goodbye My Love
    6. Watashi no Kare wa Hidarikiki
    7. Machibuse
    8. Ame
    9. Koi no Owari Sangenjaya

It was a nice combination of songs, promoting her singles, her new album, and throwing in a couple of audience-participation songs for good measure. Overall though it wasn't too high-energy of a set, so it didn't draw a lot of passers-by over to the stage, which is something I always like to see.

wasa1.jpg
    I should be easy to find, standing about 4-back from the stage

By the way, for buppan I finally picked up a Limited Edition copy of Wasamin's latest album, which has the 'making of' DVD included. I figured that would get me two tickets and a 2-shot with Wasamin. Unfortunately the table staff (from Yoro-do in Asakusa) were only giving one ticket for album purchases. What the heck? So I had to go back to the table to buy another copy of her 8th single, just for the 2nd ticket. Well, at least I have both versions of the album now. (Oh, and the jacket-shooting vignette is quite cute)

Since it was cold they moved the buppan upstairs and inside the building. I wasn't in a big hurry, so I took my time before heading upstairs and queueing up. By this time I had taken off my Happi and was in my regular clothes. Wasamin's manager, Shinohara-san was taking the 2-shots. But to our surprise Ichikawa-san, Wasamin's previous manager was assisting. Ichikawa-san was promoted to a supervisory position within Nagara Group. And as much as we miss seeing her at events it's nice to know she is still involved in Wasamin's career. Anyway, it was eventually my turn...

wasa4.jpg

Since she sang songs from her new album, I decided to tell her that my friend from England ordered the album online, and enjoyed it very much. First she thanked me, and then corrected herself, saying to be sure and tell my friend "Thank you" from her. I messaged him later and relayed the message. And with that I gathered my things and headed out, first for a pre-dinner snack, and then home.

I guess I better mention that Wasamin turned 25 this past Thursday. I wasn't able to attend her birthday event in Tokyo, but I did tweet her a birthday greeting. As I mentioned, she is coming to Saitama over the next two weeks, first in Okegawa on the 9th, then Koshigaya on the 14th, and finally Ageo on the 16th. Benibana Walk in Okegawa is a 15-minute walk from my apartment, and Ageo Shosen Plaza is a 4-minute train ride, so I will be at both of those events. The Koshigaya event is on Friday during the day, so sadly I will have to miss it, but I am looking forward to hosting Wasamin here in Central Saitama.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki Mini-Live at Benibana Walk Okegawa, Saitama Prefecture (2020/02/08)

It was just over a year ago that I made my first trip to Okegawa to see Wasamin. It's amazing that less than a year later I would be living within walking distance of this very mall. Needless to say, I was very excited when Wasamin announced that she would be appearing here, and at Ageo Shosen Plaza this month. It was one of my motivations for living here. There are five malls within a short distance from me where Wasamin regularly performs. In addition to the above-mentioned two, I am also close to Elumi Mall in Konosu, Nittoh Mall in Kumagaya, and Parco Tower Records in Urawa. Add in Koshigaya, Fukaya, and Kusakabe, and there are endless opportunities to see Wasamin perform out here. In any case...

wasa22.jpg

Benibana Walk seems to get a lot of performers, both during the week and on the weekend. In the last few weeks I saw a K-pop boy band there (in2it) as well as a J-pop boy band (I forgot their name) a female idol group (Elfin') and a couple enka singers. Since the mall is midway between my home and my job, I stop in regularly to check their schedule.

I was undecided how early I wanted to get to the mall. Last time I showed up quite early and reserved a front row seat. This time I chose to take advantage of my proximity to the mall and show up a little later, although I planned on giving myself plenty of time to eat lunch before the event. I arrived at 11:45, a little less than 2 hours before her first appearance, and was surprised to see the seating area already packed. I was not aware that there was another act also appearing at Benibana Walk that day, Fujii Kawai, who is another young enka performer on the Tokuma Label. Her event started at 12:00, and the seats were filled with her fans and some of the locals. Oh well, I decide to grab lunch, and then come back to watch Kawai's performance.

wasa24.jpg

Actually, she was more of a Kayou Kyoku performer than enka. She didn't wear a kimono, and was quite tall and thin. She is actually in her 30's, so a bit older than Wasamin. But a lot of people think she and Wasamin look like they could be sisters. This is only her 2nd single release. Despite that, she actually did quite a long set, almost 45 minutes. They also had two separate lines, one for handshakes and goods signing, and another for 2-shots. The goods signing took quite a long time, and they almost ran overtime and into Wasamin's slot, but staff began rushing the 2-shots, and got the event over with just a few minutes before 1:30. They immediately cleared the tables off the stage, and a few moments later called out Wasamin. Here are her setlists...

Setlist 13:30
    1. Mujineki
    2. Ginza Kan Kan Musume
    3. Machibuse

Setlist 15:30
    1. Saba Kaido
    2. Gakusei Jidai
    3. COSMOS

I was really hoping for one of her audience participation songs since this was my "home base" and there was a nice sized crowd. But she did sing Machibuse, which is really nice. In fact, I saw a random woman on the escalator singing along with Wasamin, LOL. Also, I was hoping to run into some of my students since this mall is fairly close to campus. I did run into one of them earlier, but it wasn't until the end of the second show; I turned around and saw three girls staring at me and giggling. "Chris-sensei?" I reminded them that this is my favorite singer, and they smiled and went on their way. Anyway...

wasa25.jpg

I purchased enough CDs to take a 2-shot after each performance. For the first one I immediately exclaimed "Welcome to Okegawa" She responded "That's right, you live here! Are you near the mall?" I pointed in the direction of my apartment and told her I lived near the station. I then pointed out that I shop here all the time.

wasa23.jpg

During the second performance Wasamin talked a little about the Setsubun event she did in Nagano early in the week, so I decided to tell her about my school lunch that day, which were "mini ehomaki" with fried squid, cucumber, and tamago, as well as a mame cupcake. I then told her about my "real" ehomaki (maguro, negitoro, salmon, hotate and tobiko) and performed my usual "Ooh big, ehomaki big" line that she laughed about once before. This time she just kinda hand-motioned a big ehomaki at me as I was leaving the stage.

wasa21.jpg
    Ooh big, Ehomaki big!

I stuck around until the end, and then made the short walk back home. I had no plans to head out to Marine Pia on Sunday, and I will be working during Wasamin's Valentine's Day event in Koshigaya, but I will be able to see her at Shosen Plaza this Sunday. And I may head out to Kusakabe the following week to see her too. So plenty of Wasa-fun on the horizon.

• Like Like x 3
  6. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    This line isn't going to get by without a comment or some raised eyebrows!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Part of the reason this thread has been so silent is because Wasamin's events have all been cancelled from late-February through March. I actually have a writeup from February I still need to do though. In the meantime Wasamin has been busy doing TV stuff, and she has been doing quite a few SHOWROOM appearances lately. However, today she announced this...

9th Single "Migite to Hidarite no Blues" (Right Hand and Left Hand Blues) will be released on April 22nd!

wasa91.jpg
    Limited Edition

wasa92.jpg
    Regular Edition

wasa93.jpg
    Umi Monogatari Collaboration Edition

I'm not sure how all the promotion is going to play out next month, but they are promoting the chara-ani preorder (for 2-shot chekis) I have to imagine there will be some promotional events in the works. I hope everything works out for the best. I of course will be supporting her as best I can.

Here are the tracklists...

[First Press Limited Edition] CD + DVD TKCA-74866 ¥ 1,700 ( tax included)
    Tracklist
    1. Migite to Hidarite no Blues
    2. Genki wo Dashite
    3. Migite to Hidarite no Blues (karaoke ver.)
    4. Genki wo Dashite (karaoke ver.)
    <DVD>  
    1. Migite to Hidarite no Blues MV
    2. Migite to Hidarite no Blues "Making of" MV

[Regular Edition A] CD TKCA-74867 ¥ 1200 (tax included)
    Tracklist
    2. Niji wo Watatte
    3. Toshishita no Otokonoko
    4. Migite to Hidarite no Blues (Karaoke ver.)
    5. Niji wo Watatte (Karaoke ver.)
    6. Toshishita no Otokonoko (Karaoke ver.)

[Umi Monogatari Collab Edition] CD TKCA-74868 ¥ 1200 (tax included)
    Tracklist
    2. Futari no Umi Monogatari (Iwasa Misaki ver.)
    3. Rouge no Dengon
    4. Migite to Hidarite no Blues (Karaoke ver.)
    5. Futari no Umi Monogatari (Karaoke ver.)
    6. Rouge no Dengon (Karaoke ver.)

I will be posting more details in a single thread as info comes in.

EDIT: c/w tracks...

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Genki wo Dashite (Takeuchi Mariya, 1987)

Niji wo Watatte (Amachi Mari, 1972)

Toshishita no Otokonoko (Candies, 1975)

Rouge no Dengon (Arai Yumi, 1975)

Futari no Umi Monogatari (Umi Monogatari pachinko collab.)

• Like Like x 5
  8. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki Mini-Live at Ageo Shosen Plaza, Saitama Prefecture (2020/02/16)

The fact I am posting this so late pretty much shows I have not been in "idol mode" lately. With Wasamin cancelling all of her live appearances from late-February through early-May (so far) she has resolved to doing multiple online appearances each week, both on SHOWROOM and the Tokuma YouTube channel. Those can be fun, although it is much more fun to play with her in person, needless to say...

As for her upcoming single release, I am really looking forward to hearing the new song, as well as her version of "Umi Monogatari." I am guessing we will be getting an MV preview in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, it looks like there won't be any live promotions for the release, at least not yet, and at least not until the coronavirus danger subsides. Instead she is promoting two events. The first is going to be a "virtual mini-live" on April 20th. They haven't yet released the details on how this will work. However, the gimmick is that Wasamin will be signing the CDs purchased through the event. The other promotion is for her usual 2-shot cheki event, which is scheduled for August 1st. Those CDs need to be pre-ordered via chara-ani by the end of the month. Anyway...

This event was the back-half of two consecutive weekends of Wasamin in my neighborhood. The first was the Benibana Walk event, a venue I can walk to from my apartment. The second was in Ageo, also very close to where I live. The other treat was that a co-worker friend of mine in Okegawa had agreed to come see the show, so I was looking forward to introducing Wasamin to a new fan. I arrived a good 90-minutes before the event, hoping to find a seat for the two events. However, I was surprised to learn, like at the previous week's event, Wasamin was sharing the stage with another performer. Only this time it was a singer I am fairly familiar with; Nishida Ai...

wasa26.jpg

Nishida Ai has performed with Wasamin on multiple occasions. She was originally billed as an "Enka-idol" even before Wasamin, but I would say a lot of her music now has a jazzy feel to it. They are both affiliated with the Tokuma label, which is why they were being promoted together on this day. In any case, I stood to the right of the seating area and clapped along with Ai's songs. At one point she was roaming around the audience while singing and gave me a high-five (I wasn't the only one, mind you) After the show I grabbed a seat in the second row on the left side. My friend wasn't due to arrive until the second performance, so I didn't worry about saving him a seat. I just relaxed and played Pokemon Go while waiting for the show to start. That is until I felt a tap on my shoulder. My friend had arrived early. There was no more space for him to sit, so I decided to give up my seat and stand in the back with him. I was really hoping Wasamin would have a spirited setlist. Speaking of setlists...

Setlist 14:00
    1. Hatsuzake
    2. Niji wo Watatte
    3. Machibuse

Setlist 16:00
    1. Mujineki
    2. Ginza Kan Kan Musume
    3. Watashi no Kare wa Hidarikiki

It surprised my co-worker friend when I put on my Happi. He and a couple of obasans nearby were making a big deal out of it. I was glad she sang Niji wo Watatte, since it gave my friend a chance to see on of Wasamin's audience participation songs. After the performance we went to the goods table. I ended up purchasing four CDs, three of which I gave to my friend. He decided since he now had all the versions of Sangenjaya to instead buy one of her albums. I recommended her first one, Request Covers. I figured it would be good considering the popularity of so many of the tracks.

wasa27.jpg

My visit with Wasamin essentially consisted of me introducing my friend. To my surprise, he brought Valentine candy for her. However, in his nervousness he handed her his bag of CDs. She looked confused for a moment, and I shouted over to them "Wrong bag!" She started laughing as he fumbled and pulled out the gift. After the handshakes we headed out for a cup of coffee. My friend wasn't staying for the second show. I found out later that he mistakenly thought it would be the same setlist. He was actually disappointed the next day when I told him the songs were different. In any case, I was on my own, and ended up standing for the second show as well.

wasa28.jpg

Misaki-chan was confirming that I live close to this mall. I told her it was just two stops away, but I live closer to Benibana Walk. After that I told her that my friend enjoyed the show, and that I am doing my best in my new job. Oh, it turned out that the crux of my friend's conversation with Wasamin was about how I was doing. I ended by saying I would do my best to make it to her event the following weekend in Kasukabe. It depended on how quickly my doctor's appointment went that day. And with that I was off...

Unfortunately I was unable to go to Kasukabe, and a couple days later Wasamin started postponing her events. So it looks like it will be a while until I see her in person again. With that in mind I have essentially started a sabbatical from idols in general. I mean most of the groups I like aren't doing lives these days anyway, but a couple of them are. And I know of at least one idol who has lamented to a friend of mine that she hasn't seen me. But I have been in sort of a self-quarantine for the past four weeks. I think that's best...for now.

Oh, and as a bonus treat, it was 10 years ago this week that I took my very first 2-shot with Misaki-chan. It was a day I'll never forget!

wasa99.jpg

She was so cute back then, and still adorable now!

• Like Like x 8
  9. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    New single MV Preview

• Like Like x 6
  10. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Oh am I so behind on Wasamin's life lol. But I'm glad she's keeping herself busy. Odd times for sure for artists.

I do really like her new single tho. Can't wait for the release since it's soon.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Update on Wasamin's 9th single release online signing event!

• Event date and time: Monday, April 20th 1900 JST
    • You only need a Japanese address, and a credit card to participate. (overseas credit card okay, and I am pretty sure a "Tenso address" or something similar is also okay)
    • There are two purchase options, each contains two CDs; the limited version (with DVD) and either of the two "regular" versions
    • The total price is 3990, including shipping.
    • You receive one signed CD per purchase, I am guessing it will be the limited version.
    • There is a field where you can enter what name you wish to be called.
    • The event will be broadcast live on YouTube, and archived so you can watch it later. Wasamin will announce your name as she is signing your CD.

This is the website that is conducting the event. https://limista.jp/
    Purchases must be completed prior to April 20th.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    It looks like the numbers are limited. I am seeing 15 and 24 left (残り) at the moment.

13. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've just successfully applied and paid for one CD (the second option which I assume is the limited edition?) so it looks like orders are still being accepted. Of course if things had have been different and my plans had gone ahead for this year's trip to Japan I would have been there later this month and hopefully I'd have been able to attend a mini-live and meet Wasamin (and Chris too!).

14. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @David61

The second option is the "Limited" version AND the "Umi Monogatari" version. BTW, I ordered the same set.

According to the website, 37 sets left. (Set A-14 and Set B-23)

15. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Story in Pop'n'Roll about her appearance on “NAGARA TV Night Sakura Enka Festival”

"Former AKB48's Misaki Iwasa will appear on the program “NAGARA TV Sakura Enka Festival” distributed on April 8.

This program is an annual concert event with singers belonging to the Nagara group such as Yutaka Yamakawa and Kiyoshi Hikawa <The 21st, Nagara Group Night Sakura Enka Festival-Hot Singing Spring Festival Special-23 wards in Tokyo, 23 years ... …> Will be delivered on the same day that the event was scheduled to be held, and event performers will appear.

The performance was scheduled to be held in Nishiarai Bunka Hall, Adachi-ku, but was canceled due to the closure of the facility in Adachi-ku due to the spread of the new coronavirus infection, and the venue could not be secured.

Meanwhile, in order to allow those who are looking forward to the performance to enjoy the atmosphere of the <Night Sakura Enka Festival>, "NAGARA TV Yozakura Enka Festival" includes Yutaka Yamakawa, Toshie Fujino, Tosumi Tagawa, Kaori Mizumori, Kiyoshi Hikawa and Sachiko Shiina , Misaki Iwasa, Hayabusa (Hikaru Yamato), and Tatsumi Yu all 9 groups gathered. Moderator Higashi Nishiyori interviews each artist and releases the latest song MV.

large__画像_NAGARA_TV_夜桜演歌まつり.jpeg

https://popnroll.tv/articles/7636

And don't forget what is coming:

"The "Net Cheki autograph session" will be held on YouTube, where Misaki Iwasa will write a signature on the cheki live on YouTube and present the cheki to "participants"! How! It is a rare event that you can get a check with a date and a signature of your name (nickname) on the check!
    [Application period] April 7, 2020 (Tue)-April 10, 2020 (Fri) [Transfer period] April 7, 2020 (Tue)-April 13 (Mon) (effective postmark on the day). Because it is different from the Internet signing event to commemorate the launch of “Right hand and left hand blues” on April 20 (Monday), please be careful not to make a mistake. "

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  16. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @sscrla

The Cheki autograph festival was announced yesterday. I chose not to mention it because you need a Japanese bank account to participate, which would pretty much eliminate most everyone here.

As for the Enka festival tonight, I am assuming that will be held on the Nagara Group YouTube channel, but it isn't mentioned specifically. I will be checking both Wasamin's and NagaraPro's twitter for updates. Although I may miss some or all of it because I chose the worst possible day to completely shatter my iPhone screen, and have to go and get it fixed.

17. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Here is the Nagara TV Sakura Enka Festival video. Wasamin's segment begins around the 16:30 mark...

It's a five minute interview, followed by a longer preview of her new single MV (around 3:40, so most of it) The entire festival video is worth a watch though, as it features all of Nagara Group's enka stable (with the exception of Minyo Girls)

• Like Like x 3
  18. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Not completely unexpected, but it was announced that the play Wasamin was scheduled to perform in with Umezawa Tomio and Ken Naoko has been cancelled due to the coronvirus pandemic. Also, both her online checki and CD signing events have been postponed until May. In the meantime, people who ordered CDs were sent their autographed copies, so I guess for the event it just be a reading off of names or something. My CDs arrived last Tuesday.

wasa82.jpg wasa81.jpg

Oh, she will be doing a SHOWROOM event later today, as she has been doing most weekends.

• Like Like x 1
  19. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I read on limista that they are selling more copies with signatures leading up to the May event, so if you still want a copy, [follow the link in Cristafari’s first post] use the link below.

Update, with link.

Sales period
    4/24 (Fri) -5/11 (Mon) Midway program delivery.

[Resale] First Edition + Collaboration Edition Jacket Sign

We have decided to resell the Internet autograph session, which was postponed from Monday, April 20th to Monday, May 11th.

https://limista.jp/detail-project.php?p_no=659

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
  20. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 2