1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 9th / Last Single [Dare ga Sono Kane wo Narasu no ka?] (2020/08/21)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by minaeshi, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

OMG you are seriously obsessed with Techi huh! Girl graduated and yet antis won't leave her alone! Where is this one too from?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    I read it as a joke though. People gets bored while waiting for 9th.
    anyway I'm hoping it will be released somewhere in summer but my cynical self believe that at this rate they'll release it in september (aka 1 year after senbatsu reveal lol)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Definitely going to be delayed again but this time it's because of COVID-19

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rev4

Rev4 Member

I don't get why Seed & Flower is so quiet about Saijin, 10 gatsu and bell song. Aeon is drip feeding parts of bell song

if the video does not show watch the video here

And documentary seems to have bell song as theme song. I wonder what is Seed & Flower's intention for this. It has been discussed before by someone else who brought it up here if it was Dill or Miyabi, don't remember, but it was around the time they released trailer for documentary.

Seed & Flower is so tricky nowadays you don't really know what they are planning anymore or what they are waiting for. The group couldn't have the opportunity to produce new songs this year after the postponement in Dec. Meanwhile Hinata announced 4th single at Xmas live which will release on Feb 19. Everything was recorded and done that year before the global pandemic into this year. March was the month when things started to get worse for Japan.

I don't think bell song is a new recorded song, Aeon is only using songs from a postponed single that may never be released if Seed & Flower had to decide. Since the release of 8th single Seed & Flower has been so awkward with their planning for Keyaki. Something about internal planning and senbatsu confusion. They don't really know who can lead the next single instead of Hirate. 2ki members didn't looked ready to them so they went with Hirate again but waited until she had recovered a bit from her injuries in 2018.

If everything was clear in Seed & Flower's mind they wouldn't have even bothered with this in the first place. We are entitled to an opinion but going this far for Seed & Flower they have a really problem to deal with when it comes to manage Keyaki. They banked on one member and thought this would work when it was successful in 2016. Going all back to Dec 2016 when Konno was interviewed and said the success of Keyakizaka was above their expectations.

Ever since then for Seed & Flower it has been "if it ain't broken, don't fix it". When you are in the business you are always worried about money. That's what happened all the time despite fans started to want her to rest and pick somebody else to release new singles, but Seed & Flower was stuck in their old strategy and couldn't get out from there. It's better they follow their old strategy and delay the single, no matter what the cost.

So now we have pieces from an unreleased single that got postponed and we are uncertain about the future for 9th single when it will take place whenever this pandemic ends.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

For starter, I expect they will redo the senbatsu. Old formation is obsolete enough that mere filling-in won't cut it.

I don't really mind who the center is. Anyone is practically starting from blank state anyway, and this will be a fresh experience to whoever chosen.

And I'm still convinced their decision to bank on one member is because majority fans demanded it. If it's not majority, then the actual majority of fans were too silent/too late/too divided to demand otherwise. Thus lead to this situation.

Looking on those perspective, it actually beneficial that the blunder caused expectation for this single drop dead. That means higher room for a pleasant surprise, and lesser for extra disappointment.

Almost forget, hopefully I never read fellow Keya fans posting again about, "Anything for the better quality and artistic value.". I rather take half-assed single on regular basis (3/year ideally) all the time. I bet many will agree now with the vacuum.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Sorry, not happening.
    I may be alone in this, but I will always call out for the better quality and artistic value, it's part of Keyaki DNA.

We got a great story telling behind songs, something which very rarely happens, if ever, and we are gonna give up on that, presumably.

We got high quality songs which will always be part of Keyakids experience, no matter if they started being fans at 1st single time or will become fans at the 20th, and high quality video, both for main songs or couplings.
    We got songs that made people feel, and we got songs that made people reflect and stand up... I think it's something as a fan I can hardly renounce to.
    Because even the songs we talk about less, have that quality that hopefully we can consider a standard for Keyaki.
    We got kick*ss choreo from start to end, spectacular concerts recognized by professional and a group that we love and love seeing grow and get better.

All of this can be kept without giving up the three-sigles-at-year wish, we just need a decent planning behind... and I'm not sure we have that right now, even if something seems to start moving.
    Who knows? Mngmnt may finally surprise us.

Whatever will be, my personal wish is for "keyaki fans" to stop playing target shooting with the group and members, because from time to time, that seems to be their favorite hobby and it's quite absurd.

Oh, and I want better uniforms that the last one, but that is already part of another discussion [hehe]

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    if they manage to keep the 3 singles per year rythm and 2 of the releases are good quality (not necessarly public hit or masterpiece) I'm good with weak releases from time to time. But messing up 9th single is unforgivable since 'quality' was their excuse to delay it last year :awesome:

• Like Like x 2
  8. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

I'm writing my post above because AkiP touch of the lyrics tend to get sloppy if he doesnt have a member he recognize inside. Ask other group fans where he is the producer too. If you say that's target shooting, well....

With that said, looking at A-side of recent single among neighbors group and several delayed too, I'm content with the stock of their demo track. So far.

Hoping for a return of diverse(or soft) Keya. It's part of their color too that should be preserved.
    (And the absurdness may be hard to perceive, but eh, people will learn wisdom in time, eventually)

9. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    There's only like, a minute of the bell song in the CM behind the scenes but I already like it. Release the Snyder Cut! (oops, sorry, wrong fandom :^^;:)
    I mean, it sounds like a very strong song, worthy of being a single.

Can Keyaki even do a senbatsu at this point?

The current members as it stands are 13 for 1ki (14 but minus Shii-chan), and 15 2ki, which is 28. If we subtract the recently joined 6 members (2ki 2nd generation, I'm so confused) the numbers stand at 22, which is enough for a single. Maybe one will not be selected, and bring the number to 21 same as the first Keyaki releases before the senbatsu system.

If they really want to stick to the 17-member senbatsu for the 9th single, 11 members would have to sit out.

So I guess I just answered my own question [hehe]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  10. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I never said the post above was an example of target shooting. That is my personal wish, since we were going on that route.
    Target shooting could be your post in Naako thread, if we want an immediate example, but there have been so many so often it's really something the fandom as whole should leave behind. Sadly, I doubt it will happen.

@rdamon42 If mngmnt was smart they would make something different from other groups' releasing, create a new buzz and make the group stand out again. The time they had to get some plan ready and kicking should have been enough by now and with COVID they could have even more....
    my hopes are really low though, so a 17 members senbatsu plus a 11 for the coupling song is what we are gonna get in my opinion too.
    I wonder if they'll make an only 2ki song like Nogi does though

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  11. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

(At least you stayed. You will see it soon enough)
    ---
    2ki coupling song with MV is actually a higher probability than we thought. We still have Konno. The old man seems like to give younger gen some identity by giving them signature song when they were fresh. Heck, Gana got good couplings when they were still with us.

Them 6 new kiddo at least will film some Kojin PV. More than that and that's a treat.

12. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    given the current situation, it would be better for the group to include the new girls right away in the single instead of individual PV. Even if the state of emmergency lasts only for 1~2months in Japan, non-essential public gathering will still be probihited untill the risks reach a very low level or a cure appears. It is very likely that 9th single will be the only release this year so their next chance would be next year aka 1 year after their assignement and by then they would lose their fresh factor. If they were also given enough exposure by the time 9this ready, they may be able to fill the void that their former handshake slave have left.
    But this is the same management who thought that quality is worth sacrifying the 2nd gen debut that they were hyping, so I wont expect.

Talking about handshake, do you think 1ki will finally challenge the 30 slots like nogi members? that number seems too high for some of the original 2ki though so I'd like them to start at 24. And give 12 slots for the new girls.

13. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    I agree, however it will require something really creative as one of the main drivers for CD sales - handshake events - might be in limbo for a long while.

Personally, I'd like a 22 person senbatsu with a double center, and give the six new kids exclusive coupling songs. The original 2ki are now known enough to deserve to be in the new formation in my view.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Just to correct @rdamon42 there are current 1ki members are 13 (12 without Shii-chan) becuase Naako has graduated too.
    So that means there would be a 21nin senbatsu like alaways. But I'm totally against that because that means S&F hasn't learned anything from its mistakes. I think some members will get more spotlight by being in coupling song (even better if they are fewer ) than being in senbatsu (probably in 3rd row).

I think they should either place Hikaru as the center and add 2 more members to senbatsu to cover her and Shii-chan's position, or to just add 1 member to cover Shii-chan and let Risa and Yuipon to be W-center in a 16nin senbatsu, with Hikaru in the middle of the 2nd row this new trio can be together in the formation.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Ah, you are right, I forgot to subtract Naako from the count, thanks for the correction.

If the 9th single senbatsu stays the same except for filling in for those who withdrew/graduated, for a 17 member senbatsu they would need to insert 2 as stated to fill in for Techi and Shiichan.

If it will be a double center, they would need to insert 3 to make it a 7-6-6 lineup instead of the 7-5-5 (no way you're gonna have a double center with the front row at 6 and the second row at 5).

Speculating is kinda fun, huh? :)

16. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

I honestly dislike double centers. It's distracting, with people always comparing who did better, and further limits the screentime of the other members since the focus is now on two centers rather than one.

I already said my piece in the General thread, but I'd like them to keep the senbatsu capped at 17 (adding Koike & Ten-chan would be ideal) with center being Morita or Hono. I also think it'd be great if Karin-chan can take Shiori's spot at second row.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    A plus side of a double center for me is that more members can make the senbatsu and it may ease the transition post-Techi. I'd be fine with the original 17 member formation too, though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    But if you only add someone to replace Shii-chan in the 2ND row and change Yuipon and Berisa to the center of the 1st row, the formation would be 7-5-4 so I don't think it'does be necessary to add 2 more members and the senbatsu remains as 16nin.

And yeah it's kind it's funny doing this. Each Sunday I expect they re-announce the senbatsu in Keyakitte.

19. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I'm at the point where i just want the damn single to be released, i dont even care who's the center. Put sawabe in the center for all i care as long as it's released lmao.

In all seriousness, just make it pon center, habu hono pon hikaru risa front row. leaders behind pon, koike and aoi next to them, matsurina and inorina next to them. fukujin. done.

20. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

Make that a double center with Tsuchida :awesome:

Can they just release full-length Sajin while we're waiting? Haven't heard anything about that song in a while other than that CM preview and I'm dying to hear the rest..