1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Coronavirus (COVID-19) thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by MondyofAus, Feb 21, 2020.

1. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

• Informative Informative x 4
  2. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Copying-and-pasting from the Keyakizaka46 general thread:

Also, have you been hearing about Tokyo's positive coronavirus numbers starting to skyrocket? Japan really needs to declare the state of emergency the Diet has brought provisions for - and prepare for a possible lockdown!

Note: A state of emergency declaration does NOT necessarily mean a lockdown. Locking down a city - or the entire nation - is a separate matter.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  3. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
  4. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    This video from NHK World explains what happens in Japan when a state of emergency is declared:

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/ataglance/866/

Essentially there are requests for people to stay at home but there are no mandatory lockdowns because penalties are not possible if people don't comply. There's also no direct law to force private companies to close down, authorities can only hope that pressure is put on employers to persuade staff to work from home. Judging by this tweet from earlier today, rush hour trains were still very packed this morning:

tyrh.jpg

https://twitter.com/fwpa0747/status/1246983826464624640

5. MondyofAus

MondyofAus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    Come on Japan, wake up.

6. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  7. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I moved this thread because I felt it was more appropriate here. But I left a long redirect (3 months) in the AKB General thread, so people don't get lost looking for it.

• Like Like x 4
  8. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    NHK's Japanese-language news website is reporting that a News host from TV Asahi, Tomikawa Yuta, has been hospitalised with Coronavirus:
    https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20200412/k10012382661000.html

According to the article he first developed fever symptoms on April 3 & 4 but he continued to work at the TV station until April 9 :shock: before visiting a medical institution on the following day when he was admitted to hospital. No other staff working for TV Asahi have yet reported symptoms.

9. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
  10. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    And in case anyone doesn't know, no mail is coming out of Japan, so, no CDs or photobooks for us for a while.

11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

You're telling me! I have about 30 photo sets, 15 gravure mags and other assorted stuff stuck in japan at the moment.

Actually Seamail is still going, I've got a bunch of Izone CD's which I should get in oh.....3 to 6 months! :awesome:

12. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've got Shiichan's and Marika's new DVDs stuck in Japan at the moment. I've decided to pay the extra cost of DHL for the HKT48 singles and Saepii's PB both due out next week and I'll see what happens. CDJapan has a page showing the current situation regarding international shipping:

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/info/20200401

It says that Japan Post is estimating more than two weeks to assign a plane to carry packages they've accepted.

13. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    If you have 1 hour to spare, this forum by the University of Melbourne about Life Beyond Coronavirus

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Bringing together professors from Mathematics, Epidemiology, Infectious Diseases, Business/Economics and History
    explaining curves, modelling, virology, economy and history in plain understandable language
    Its light hearted, friendly and open. Best of all its free to the public

In an age where junk information is spread so easily and everyone has an opinion, this forum was a great opportunity to discuss these issues with real working experts of their field
    (forgive the Australian context. I know many other countries are finding it tough, my thoughts and prayers are with you all)

• Like Like x 1
  14. lilwisper

lilwisper Kenkyuusei

For as much well deserved flak management have created for themselves, I must say that they also deserve a ton of credit when due as well. The fact that we are not seeing a mass exodus that something like this could cause should be applauded. I saw on the AKB channel that there is an OUC48 group having a live later today/tomorrow (5am EST). I am guessing these are the current kenkyuusei being used?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    NHK's Japanese-language website has a news article about how an underground idol group called XOXO EXTREME is coping without being able to perform live events:
    https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20200417/k10012393601000.html

Google Translation:

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Yahoo News has an article, the title of which translates as “Idols who can't go to see you”, about the problems of idol groups who have had to suspend live shows and HS events:
    https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20200419-00010000-ytokushu-ent

Google translation:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  17. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

You probably already know by now, but OUC48 is simply what AKB48 is right now. AKB48=OUC48. OUC is from Ouchi, which in this case probably means home. So basically they are doing their activities from home, thus OUC48. If you go to AKB48 website (www.akb48.co.jp), you can see in the header that it is now OUC48.

18. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    I have CDs stuck in some post office (I assume) very near home for over a month. The situation wasn't even that bad (zero cases in the region) at the time of the last tracking info update and it should have taken just 2-3 days to reach me. Other CDs I had ordered were returned and refunded a few weeks after shipping out due to lack of international flights.
    This sucks because I had been saving up for a year waiting for the CDs to be restocked.

19. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Last I checked, which was admittedly a while ago, that only applied to 150 or so countries. The US and many European nations still had mail being shipped.

20. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Japan Post isn't accepting any international mail via SAL. There's a current list of countries which Japan Post currently isn't shipping to via EMS on their website (in PDF):
    https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/information/2020/0401_02_01_en.pdf

As far as Europe is concerned it lists 35 countries which they can't ship to, for example it includes Spain, Italy, Switzerland and Belgium. However others such as the UK, France, Germany amd The Netherlands aren't listed so in theory it should be OK to have EMS mail sent to them from Japan but I'm still waiting here in the UK for a package dispatched from Osaka on 4/6 with no updates to the tracking since 4/9. My latest order from CDJapan was dispatched today but I've specified DHL so i'll see how long that takes.

Meanwhile here at home I haven't had a mail delivery for about 10 days. I'm currently waiting for a package which was posted to me 3 weeks ago from a place just 75km away. :(