1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 9th / Last Single [Dare ga Sono Kane wo Narasu no ka?] (2020/08/21)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by minaeshi, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I don't mind at all calling Dare ga... arbitrarily the "9th single". On the contrary, apart from the fact that, being such a great song, it could stand on equal ground to all previous singles, it exorcises the curse of the long awaited elusive 9th single we were all being waiting for.

Although comparing such different things is almost a sacrilege, I like the fact that Keyaki's fate is similar to most major classical and romantic period composers, all victims to the curse of the 9th symphony: not being able to overcome or fully complete 9 symphonies. Victims to this curse were Beethoven, Schubert, Bruckner, Mahler, Tchaikovsky and Sibelius...

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Keyakizaka46 is in good company then!

3. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    @minaeshi well it's okay, I mean I just brought up because I thought It'd lead to some confusion, but it's fine. But I do think it should be in another category in the Wiki So it doesn't lead confusion.

4. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I think, like @Philosophy Senpai said, we waited so long for 9th single than it would be weird call it differently.
    It's 9th single and it's our last single, one thing does not exclude the other.
    As for the wiki and the sub-forum name, since @EinhanderX asked about it somewhere when the news was dropped, I think it's a bit too soon to take a final decisions, but we can start discussing about it in a new thread perhaps?
    I'd like to keep this sub-forum like it is and add new name and new posts for when we rebrand, and so I'd keep the Wiki (but I have no idea how that works so it may be complicated for people who work on it) with 9th single/ last single in it.

5. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  6. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Jesus girl, this song is SOOO hard for an a capella. Your love for this song is so evident to dare try it and you have GUTS! Your pauses worked fine and added more drama, your voice cracked at the right points adding even more drama and your closing crescendo was just what was needed. You have my respect.
    Yet, you proved, that this song is too daring without its music!

7. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    You must to write this comment in the youtube' comment section for this amazing girl =)

8. sc89

sc89 Member Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Ayaka
    Interestingly this single's lyrics make me think of Silent Majority.
    We can't let ourselves be dominated by adults, the 'important' people deliberately misinterpret our silence as agreement, so we can't be the silent majority, says Keyakizaka46's first song.
    To dominate is to be a fool, everyone is equal despite their disagreement, perhaps we can hear the bell of eternal happiness if we all stop shouting what we think and be silent just once, says Keyakizaka46's last song.
    On the surface, the two songs seem to be proposing two opposing philosophies, but when you think deeper, the two philosophies actually complete each other. The oppressed has the right to stand up and fight, but for equality and not for becoming the next oppressor; otherwise the tragedy will never end.
    While I don't believe that Dare ga was originally written to be Keyakizaka46's last song, now it is 'the last song' and we've kind of come full circle and I personally find it really poetic. I don't know if it's purely coincidence or if anyone did pick the song (out of the handful of unreleased songs) as the last single with this in mind. Anyway, both Saimajo and Dare ga are great songs and I hope that the new/reborn/renamed/whatever group won't stop giving us such gems.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Yes and no. There is no theme "against adults", but mostly yes.

10. sc89

sc89 Member Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Ayaka
    Perhaps because the not-adult has grown to be an adult? It's been five years, after all, and even the threshold of adulthood in Japan has been lowered to 18 from 20. lol
    Becoming an adult that's not like 'those adults' is as important as fighting against 'those adults' because adulthood is unavoidable, at least in terms of the body and with the current level of technology. lol

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    What you said reminded me of something that Takahiro wrote in his book

"The members themselves are stepping into the adult's world. They are becoming the adults they didn't want to become. It's unavoidable. On the other hand, I want to see the potential they have as an adult, that they cannot do when they are child. There are those who think "Even if i become an adult, I will stay childish", there are also those who have made the decision "So adults are like this". I wonder what kind of adults they will become?"

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

Cross-quoting @Iamyoung's post from the Gen thread.

So I think the song landed on the chart due to their number of Twitter mentions alone? Impressive.

Imo, they should just release the MV and digital already before the hype fades away.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. 48 group fan

48 group fan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murakawabibian
    So.... this was suppose to be the 9th single, but because keyaki is rebranding they called it the last single?
    Is there going to be an MV for this?

14. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

It's the 9th and last single of the group. As for MV, it's still not known.

15. langsikretoooo

langsikretoooo Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Wow, I never imagined that the "Digital Only" word has that impact. It means the fans won't be able to get the physical form of memorabilia for this group's last single.
    And that twirling design, why it looks like it spins from the Keya green to the pink/purple-ish sky? Maybe a new color for this group? I know it is only a color, but it feels it has a connection with the name-change/rebranding(?).

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

I love this design. A lot is being said in it. The keyaki tree is visible & you see it dissolving or distorted, with the primary 46 colour, aka NOGI'S color as well as keyaki's color merging into each other. Also the 46 logo is seen as black in the middle of all this color merging. Symbolizes the fading of keyaki as a group and its reborn into what it will be.

At least mgmt never surprises us with their visual artistry lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

19. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

• Like Like x 1
  20. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Seems that Dare Ga will also be on Spotify and Line Music according to the special site. Really loving the photos and handwritten lyrics.

• Like Like x 1