1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yamazaki Rena (Renachi) / 2nd Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by caramujo, May 14, 2013.

1. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    it is so weird how she got so many shows but not even a senbatsu appearance...who is actually keeping her from getting the senbatsu spot?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. takamina<31994

takamina<31994 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    I think for one it was because she was really focused on her university work so she didn't have much other side work (except for radio shows and some photo shoots I think). Also, before (especially at the beginning) Renachi seemed to me like she was on the shyer and more silent side, which is not helpful because then she's not "interesting"/captivating enough for shows like Nogi doko/Koji chuu (scenes with Renachi got cut, she's mostly in the background with no talking time, etc.) which bring exposure to the members.

I'm not sure how right I am with those reasons since I got to know Renachi only a few months ago. Now, it seems to me that it's gotten even harder for her because there are already 3 to 4 second gen members in almost every senbatsu and because the 4th generation joined, which means even more competition for little "free" senbatsu spots.

3. Novakayne

Novakayne Member

Yeah, it's mostly because of how invested she was to graduation from college. She graduated from one of the top universities in japan, Keio University, which is usually ranked in the top 10 in japan and top 200 worldwide. Going to a college like that means you really can't devote to much time to extra curriculars so being in senbatsu is out of the question. Like the poster above me says, she was also extremely soft spoken in her early years so she never really drew any attention to herself. That combination of things made it virtually impossible for Rena to ever have a chance of being selected for a senbatsu

But making herself so unavailable in her early years to graduate college has definitely paid off, she has more work than most of the current and some former senbatsu members. Just graduating from that college alone gives you status as an intelligent and successful person, hence why she is invited to and has become a regular on so many educational and quiz show. With Nagahama Neru's graduation last year she became the primary Smart Idol which is always a niche that those tv shows love to cast.

As for making senbatsu nowadays, she has a real good shot. It seems management isn't opposed to throwing in a random 4th 2nd gen member to complement the usually trio of Miona, Kitano, Shinuchi, so with Rena having such a high work load and exposure to the general public she has a really high chance. Even if she doesn't make senbatsu, she'll still be one of the busier idols in japan period, which is amazing considering her lack of Idol related accomplishments. The fan in me want's her to make a senbatsu before she eventually graduates, but I'm probably a bit happier to see she's carving out a career post Idol world that I wont really care if she never makes a senbatsu

• Like Like x 5
  4. takamina<31994

takamina<31994 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    • Like Like x 3
  5. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Rena attended Fraud Prevention Seminar (need better translation here) as the representative of Nogi (or idol from ent industry?). Apreciate for anyone that translate this news.
    Source: https://www3.nhk.or.jp/shutoken-news/20200904/1000053496.html

Why I do feel that recently she got many of high profile jobs? Amazing! Imo, she has strong image of Nogi, beautiful, elegant, high class, and smart.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I'm expecting her to be in senbatsu on 26th single. It would be a great reward management give to her. I bet we'll see it by the end of the year after Maiyan's grad concert.
    I'm so tired of that coffee milk uniform, never been one of my favourites, hope they'll change it soon with the new single and Renachi is included.

7. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    I don't think sars-cov-2 is gone by the end of the year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Of course but they can release digital singles like they did with route 246 or like keya did with its "last single".

The good thing about this covid problem and the fact that physical handshakes cam't be done anytime soon, is that they will stop adding more and more members since there will be no point on using them to keep high sales thanks to the HS system, and maybe they will focus more on quality over quantity (fingers crossed).

9. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Yeah but it won't be a full fledged single, so no HS, no uniform swap. And I doubt there's gonna be lots of experiments with the member selection. If I had to guess, it'll be around March/April next year when they'll pick this up again. And hopefully Renachi will earn that well deserved spot.

10. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    It won't be just cause they wouldn't want it. But it could be possible to do. It's not like you can have an "official single" just if you do HS. Keya's single is an official one and they released it just digitally.
    But yeah, it will probably be like as you said. No official new single until 2021. But what if in 2021 they still can't do physical HS? It's a possibility. That's why to me they should think about starting to adapt and release official singles the way like they did with route 246. Or release them physically too with different versions etc. but without the HS tickets system (or a virtual one).

11. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    It is not clear to me when a single is considered an "official single". What is different about Keya's single?

If a HS will be impossible for a longer period, they should indeed switch to another plan, since HS events == money. I would even consider digital HS events (holding hands will be impossible of course, but I think many fans would pay for a few seconds of video chat). Such a platform is expensive though, and probably only interesting if things stay bad for a long time.

12. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    The difference is that "Dare ga Sono Kane" is appointed on Keya's main singles on the wiki (it's officially the 9th and last one), and they changed uniforms since its release, something that didn't happen with Nogi. So it's just how management wants that "digital release" to be considered, as an "a-side" or just a stand-alone single.

13. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Ah, I see. They probably did so because they didn't want to send them off with something lackluster. It is still mostly a matter of labeling though.

But to bring things back on-topic: go Renachi!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Let me turn it back to HS topic.:D
    Hinata will hold an online HS using "forTUNE meets" app, an app released by Fortune Music. I believe if this event succeed, mngmnt will also use it on Nogi and Keya. And, maybe we will get the first single with online HS accessible for fans all over the world.:)
    Ok, let's go back to Renacchi. Go~ Z! :D

Btw, I read on matome site about Rena appeared on primetime show, and the editor made a typo by calling her as Nogizaka64 member. So, fans give her nickname, Renacchi N64 (Nintendo64). :DAnyone know what kind of show that was?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Renachi visual on that Fraud Prevention seminar doesn't looks like an idol for me, more like a political figure or a manager from a big company lol

16. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    I let out a big 'noooo', then clicked the spoiler...

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Fab-Nogi46

Fab-Nogi46 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Manatsu
    • Like Like x 3