[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I hope that, if the next single will be done via online handshake as well, foreign fans can apply as well. I don't think I'll be able to afford travelling to Japan at least for a few years from now, so this is probably my only chance to meet my oshimen haha

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    NMB and STU allow participation from outside Japan. No reason for AKB not to.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Well, they can keep doing what they did for Sustainable and just schedule different sister groups on different days. It's not like they are limited by renting a venue anymore.

2 things to note here:
    1. AKB and STU seem to be using different apps for online talk (not sure which one NMB uses).
    2. Some apps like this (haven't confirmed it for these specifically) require phone number confirmation.

So, depending on the app they use, they may or may not require a Japanese phone number - and in that case you couldn't simply enter your friend's as you would need to confirm it on the specific phone you intend to use. But if they don't require phone confirmation, then it's easy to participate from abroad - just borrow a friend's address or use a mail forwarding service to get an address you can ship the CDs too, and that's it.

4. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    And assuming they accept foreign credit cards, which isn't the case with Chara-ani (both AKB and STU are using it). I don't know about NMB.

EDIT: foreign mastercards / visa aren't accepted as far as I know.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  5. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Chara-ani accepts my UK AMEX card as does Fortune Music who looks after NMB48 sales.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    STU requires a phone number, but they make it works with foreign one. Since STU is also under Kings, I bet Kings would also make it works with foreign number. (NMB just use Zoom)

WithLIVE M&G (the one AKB is currently using) doesn't require phone number though. But even if they move to the same platform as STU, it wouldn't be a problem. I don't know about the one NGT48 is currently using.

I believe that was only for Teacher Teacher, and they reversed their position afterward. Normally, chara-ani accept foreign visa/master (JCB/Amex/Discover is almost always accepted because it is not as trivial to check the issuing country)

7. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    The first time I bought an AKB48 CD, I bought a limited edition version from cdjapan because I didn't realise limited edition = HS ticket, regular edition = photocard. The CDjapan version came with a hs ticket as well, which was useless to me then, but wouldn't I still be able to order from cdjapan to my regular address?

The whole payment/foreign card and phone number thing is a completely different issue, but I'd cross that bridge when it came to it lol

8. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    AKB48 will resume theater performances with audience, from 09/03
    With only 27 person allowed in the theater
    [​IMG]

Among other sanitary measures:
    temperature check at entrance
    hand cleaning & disinfection
    face mask is mandatory
    only lottery winners are allowed
    no broadcast in the lobby
    loud sheers and calls are forbiden
    as for gifts, they will be kept 3 days and delivered to the members on the 4th, instead of the day of they are performing.

https://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12621547828.html

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    Best of luck to win that lottery, 250 (+cancel machi) was hard enough, and now 27.

11. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Currently the lottery is only open to those who have 100/100, 98/100 and various other priority tickets. The application process is through Google Forms lol.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I have a 98/100 and seems like it would be a really unique experience to see a stage being one of only 27 audience - imagine all the attention from the members lol. But since my 98/100 is now valid until January and I’m in no rush to use it, I’m only applying if Naachan is in one of the stages. Maybe they will increase the number of audience soon too, making it at least slightly easier to win since now it must be really hard to win it even with a 98/100.

13. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    What does 100/100 or 98/100 mean in this context?

14. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    It's a priority ticket that guarantee 98% or 100% chance of winning the lottery. It is normally distributed randomly with the new year lucky bag, or via games at concert venue. There are other tickets like guarantee standing seats, guarantee for your oshi seitansai, etc. The 98/100 tickets arecare quite common compared to other tickets, but it still required some luck. 98/100 are not normally valid for shounichi/senshuuraku, so most of the time it is used at seitansai or graduation stage.

I think the quota for 98% ticket is around 40 seats per stage (pre-covid, ofc) so unless it's a really, really popular stage, you are guaranteed to get in (I think the most recent stage where 98% doesn't guarantee a seat was Sasshi graduation stage at AKB48, but don't quote me on this)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Love the outfits but I feel like they were wasted on Hebirote. They do not fit that song at all

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    If only they had other, more recent songs... that were less vibrant and more subtle... Sustainable...? Shitsuren, Arigatou...? I must be imagining things.

17. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Love the costume but somehow it reminds me to an episode of akbingo where NMB complain about AKB get to wear new costume for every live performance. It's a shame if this is the only time we get to see this costume before it's thrown back to the warehouse.

18. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    This is an old costume though. It's the one they wore at 2018 Kouhaku Uta Gassen (AKB+BNK collaboration show)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I know the links weren't working anymore, but I think rather than delete the posts with the videos, it would be better to just replace the posts with "[Links not working anymore]" and maybe to write which performance it was or something like this, because when the post is deleted, now the messages above look random and out of place, and it's confusing LOL

So just for information if anyone is confused, the discussions above are about AKB's performance of Heavy Rotation at The Music Day on 12th September. Some back-up links here:

if the video does not show watch the video here

I wish they performed more of their songs, and some more recent songs too, but anyway this performance is cute <3

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Not quite: They (or rather six of them) were wearing the same costumes during Ishikawa Hitomi's performance of まちぶせ (Machibuse, 1981). Two of the three deleted videos were of that performance, not Hebirote.

P.S. as a mod, if I see a post with nothing but dead links and no text, how am i supposed to be able to tell you what the dead link was a video of? I would just be making wild guesses and be as likely to be wrong as right. The poster has to add text if the poster wants the text to survive.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1