1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Iwasa Misaki (Wasamin) / 7th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki 9th Single Re-release Internet Signing Events

Wasamin scheduled three Limista events to promote the new versions of her 9th single, Migite to Hidarite no Blues. The first event was this past weekend, where fans received a personalized signboard for purchasing both versions of the single. I chose not skip that event (although I will post the YouTube video of it below) opting instead to go for the second and third events. The second event was tonight, and the third event will take place Thursday night. In any case, here is tonight's video replay...

if the video does not show watch the video here

For this event she was siging the Type-A version. (Thursday is Tpe-B) @David61 also participated in the event, but I will leave it to him to talk about that. I think his turn came somewhere around the 30-minute mark. My turn came at 1:08:00, although Wasamin mentioned me and my chat comments a few times earlier in the show. (I mentioned I prefer Thai curry during her curry discussion, prompting her to respond that she likes Green Curry. I also mentioned being friends with David...

Wasamin always has a great reaction when my turn comes. My comment mentioned her upcoming Fan Club Halloween event, and she wondered what cosplay I would be wearing. (Which reminds me, I need to head to my local Donki this weekend) And of course she mentioned my comments when I signed. It makes me wonder though what will happen on Thursday. I bout CD for both events at the same time. And although it allowed me to put a different name on each set, it only allowed me to write one message. So will she read the same message again, or skip the message on the second go-round. We'll see. Oh, and here is Saturday's event for anyone interested...

I highly recommend checking out the Limista event site. They have lots of cool idols (and other artists) doing events there, and it's fairly easy for foreigners to use.

https://limista.jp/

• Like Like x 1
  2. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    My turn came at 45:25. My message was meant to be about missing visiting Japan, she replied in English 'Welcome to Japan', maybe she thought I was there already lol. I've also entered in the Type-B event on Thursday but the same messages are used for that. Additionally I've entered her cheki signing on 10/29.

I could easily spend a lot of cash there, it really is simple to use. However apart from Wasamin I've so far only had a signing from one other artist there, a soloist called Takigawa Arisa who I'm a big fan of. The cheki signing for Wasamin is being done by Livepocket: https://t.livepocket.jp/e/iwasa_20201029. That site is also reasonably easy to use but one thing I don't like is that you can't save your shipping address in your account as you can with Limista, for each individual order I have to enter the one I use.

3. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Today's signing video - mine is at 34:40 and Chris's at 46:20:

She seemed to talk more today with each signing - I'd love to know what she said about each of us!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Well, yours was a little harder to decipher. I thought that at least for part of it she was reacting to the comments in the chat.

For mine, she was 1) repeatedly asking if I was genki, and looking at the chat for my response. (I did respond, by saying "Hai") 2) She laughed and mimicked my "Woohoo!" exclamation after she called my name, calling it an "American" response. 3) Continued to ponder what I might wear to the Halloween party next weekend, and 4) responded to my apology for the "repeat" comment, by saying it was okay. (She had mentioned earlier that some of the comments were the same as the previous day, as we discussed before)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    My CDs from this week arrived this morning...

IMG_0748.JPG

And as an added bonus, during Wasamin's Saturday Showroom she was working on her signed chekis for the Thursday event, and wanted advice for some English phrases. Of course I chimed in with some suggestions, and she used three of them. At one point she exclaimed "Chris-san teach me English!" The irony is that I missed the deadline and am not participating in the event. Oh well.

And I did purchase a costume of sorts for her Halloween party next weekend since she mentioned on both Tuesday and Thursday that she wondered what I would wear. I'll keep it a surprise for now, although I don't know how cool it's gonna look. Since I'm guessing we will get to do some sort of 2-shot with her, I will post it here next weekend.

• Like Like x 4
  6. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Today's cheki signing sessions:

She signed my chekis at 50:35 in the second one. I ordered 5 chekis this time so I could get a kimono one included but her signings are so lovely that I'm always happy for her to write a few for me. :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki Halloween Fan Club Event at Batur Kannai, Kanagawa Prefecture (2020/10/31)

wasa1.jpg

It has been AGES since I have been able to do an event writeup. In fact, the last time I saw Wasamin in person was in mid-February, when she did a mini-live just down the road from me in Ageo. I ended up skipping her event in Kasukabe the following weekend, not knowing at the time that it would be her last event before everything shut down due to the pandemic. Wasamin did do a live performance a couple weeks ago in Tokyo, but it was a weekday matinee event, had very limited seating, and as far as I'm aware there was no post-show fan meeting. I couldn't make it anyway because of work...

Batur is a meeting space event hall inside the Kannai Pasela Resorts. Her last Halloween event in 2018 was also held here, so I knew where the venue was. They split day into three separate events, which allowed for much better spacing between seats. I mean the room could probably fit at least 150 people, so social distancing wasn't an issue. My ticket was for the matinee event, so I headed out in the late morning. It takes me about 85 minutes to get from central Saitama prefecture to downtown Yokohama, but I got there with time to spare. There was a Yokohama Bay Stars game also taking place down the street, so there were lots of fans on the train.

wasa2.jpg

We were sent a Covid-19 questionnaire to be filled out when we arrive. They also took our temperature before allowing us inside. Masks were required, which I was wearing at the time. The problem was that my costume could not accommodate a mask. It covered my ears, so I couldn't wear it on the outside, and if I wore it inside the costume I literally couldn't breathe. Luckily I had a couple of face shields at home, which was more than sufficient. I spent the waiting time getting my costume ready and trying to apply the stickers, which kept falling off. This proved to be an issue throughout the day. Finally it was time for Wasamin to appear...

wasa4.jpg kanna1.jpg

My first thought was that she looked like Hashimoto Kanna from that Nissin ad where she plays a devil/angel. All she needed was the ruby red lipstick. She hinted on Showroom that her costume would be black, but that's all we knew beforehand. She started by pointing out costumes she liked. I was the second one she pointed to, but I didn't understand what she asked me. Immediately she said, "Oh, is that Chris?" LOL. In any case, I'm glad she liked the costume since she kept asking me during the internet sign events what I was going to wear. After that was the photography portion of the show...

This was altered to accommodate for social distancing. Instead of us going up to the stage by row, Wasamin rotated to five spots around the seating area, that was most everyone would have an opportunity to get good pics. I was toward the back, but on the end, so when she positioned in the rear right of the hall I had a great view. By the way, when she came over she immediately started pointing at my costume and laughing. So mission accomplished...I guess.

wasa6.jpg

After that was the quiz, which was even more confusing than usual. It was supposedly a "katakana quiz," which I thought I could handle. But the questions and answers were totally confusing to me. At one point I gave up when I thought they were still on question #2 and it was question #5. However, that had a contest at the end where they flashed the manager's cell number, and the first to dial it won a prize. I was pretty fast, and thought I had it, but unfortunately I got a busy signal.

Finally it was time for her to sing. This would be the first time most of us have seen her perform Migite to Hidarite no Blues live, so I know everyone was excited. In fact, most of the setlist was in support of the new single, especially the re-release.

Setlist
    1. Halloween Night
    2. Futari no Umi Monogatari
    3. Ito
    4. M
    5. ETERNAL BLAZE
    6. Migite to Hidarite no Blues

wasa7.jpg wasa8.jpg

Like I said, it was great to hear Wasamin perform the songs from her latest release. The funniest part was when she forgot the lyrics to ETERNAL BLAZE. She actually stopped the song, and then read the lyrics again before starting over from the beginning. It was also my first time watching her hand-motions for the title track. She uses both her left and right hand, switching the mic from hand to hand. So it's a little harder to follow. Hopefully I will get more opportunities to perfect it.

wasa9.jpg

To end the event, she announced that we would be getting 2-shots, which I was wondering about. They had a large stand with a light plastic sheet between the fan and Wasamin, which was actually not too bad in the final shot. She asked if I wanted to remove my space alien mask, but I said no. I actually wanted to take the pic with the mask on. BTW, we talked about what I was doing. She didn't know where Kitamoto City was, which is where I now work. but I explained it is between Okegawa and Konosu, two towns she has performed in multiple times. I was in the middle of explaining to her that I considered dressing as Trump for the event, but I got abruptly pushed out in the middle of the explanation. However, I turned as I was walking away and Wasamin was still talking to me. She said she hoped we meet again soon.

And that was it. We were instructed to leave right after our 2-shot. I couldn't wait to get that mask off of me. I headed back to Tokyo for some pizza and beer at Devilcraft, which I hadn't been to for almost a year. After that I headed back to Okegawa. I have no idea when the next opportunity will be to see Wasamin again, but hopefully it won't be too long.

• Like Like x 5
  8. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    My signed CDs and chekis arrived today from Japan:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  10. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    Ugh, poor Wasamin. Sending her good vibes and the bets wishes and hoping she has a quick and full recovery.

12. kojimako

kojimako Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Kojima Mako
    Twitter:
    48keran
    hoping for her speedy recovery and that she has few/mild symptoms!

13. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    an update (albeit a little late)

After a 3 1/2 week absence from social media, Wasamin resurfaced last Friday to announce that she has recovered from COVID-19, and will slowly be resuming activities in the coming weeks/months. She indicated that she did suffer from adverse symptoms (although she wasn't specific) and that she is still not 100% She also lamented that she had the "loneliest birthday ever" Despite not being active on social media, she was reading people's posts to cheer herself up.

There are no fan events announced yet, but there is an Enka concert, karaoke event, and a play scheduled for the Spring and Summer. You can check for updates on her blog and Twitter feed.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    A brand new Wasamin!

Misaki-chan unveiled her new hairstyle this weekend, cutting her hair short. (Well, about shoulder length) She said it was the first time her hair was this short, although I seem to recall her hair being close to this length when she first joined AKB. Anyway, what do you think?

wasa11.jpg wasa12.jpg wasa10.jpg

I think she looks adorable. The hairstyle fits her.

Also, I received a postcard that Wasamin's birthday event has been rescheduled to May 8th. Plus, she has a cheki signing event coming up on March 10th. So things are beginning to pick up again.

• Like Like x 3
  15. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    Yeah, I did a doubletake scrolling my Twitter feed the other day, I wasn't expecting short hair from her but I absolutely love it, she looks great. I'm just glad to see her very active again with her updates and in good spirits.

• Like Like x 1
  16. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    She cut even MORE off [hehe]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    First online signing sessions since her haircut:

(Worth watching for her choice of backgrounds! [hehe])

• Like Like x 2
  18. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    ^

I went for the second session. My turn came at around 34:15. My first comment at that point was whether I could flirt with her during this event (a reference to her concert watching event coming up on the 20th, where they are advertising a chance to flirt with Wasamin) I followed it up with "Hey Baby!" which she thought was funny, as well as the comment I sent in, which said I was happy because she is healthy, and that I'm looking forward to her rescheduled birthday event. That was why she responded with the comment about May 8th.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting my 5-set package in the mail. I'm guessing they will arrive Friday or Saturday.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I don't know how I missed this, but last year Sanyo released an actual MV for Wasamin's version of Futari no Umi Monogatari, the c/w track from the original special edition of the Mige/Hidari single. It's really well done...

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Latest Wasa-goods

My package from the previous week's cheki event arrived Saturday afternoon, during a particularly heavy rainstorm. I quickly opened the package to get the chekis out of the sopping wet envelope. It was my first time seeing the photos closeup since she flashed them across the screen so quickly during the event...

IMG_0985.jpg IMG_0986.jpg IMG_0987.jpg

As I mentioned in the post on the day of the event, she spent two minutes a) telling me I can't flirt with her in the event (in response to my query) b) laughing at my "Hey baby!" comment, c) laughing at all the he fans congratulating me, and d) saying how cute my pre-written message was. All in all a successful encounter, and I especially like the "Stay home" cheki with her laying on a couch...

I also received my new goods package last month. There were a few new items, including a 12-color penlight, photos, and the two items I bought. I would love to get the penlight, and may still get it later, but the 4000 yen price tag was a bit steep, so I skipped it for now...

IMG_0988.jpg IMG_0964.jpg

So yeah, the Wasa-calendar and the Wasa-mask. The mask is a little small for my face, but it works perfectly if I want to "double-up" and wear it on top of a regular mask. In fact, that's what I've been doing. It has made for some fun reactions with my junior high school students. The calendar, is cute, but to be honest I prefer the cheaper CD-version, which you can sit on a table. I have the new version hanging randomly above my back window over my computer desk.

Up next for Wasamin is her online live first concert, where she is going to do a live commentary on the show from 2016. Shelso announced a joint-concert in May, as well as a summer play with Mizumori Kaori. The play is probably #1 on my priority list, but I might splurge for the online commentary show as well. We'll see.

• Like Like x 4