1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    but! .... but! ..... she did the propellor dance! :D

• Like Like x 2
  2. chain

chain Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    西野七瀬|菅井優香|加藤史帆
    I probably would've been wondering why the hat. Very sus.
    I don't think I've watched her dance before that show the other day, but her dancing style seems pretty unique.

3. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    The hat is another hint that it's Miichan, she likes hats ... always has, and fans used to give her hats when she was younger as she told in the 600 seconds episode

4. chain

chain Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    西野七瀬|菅井優香|加藤史帆
    Ah, that makes sense. I only learned about her late last year, but wasn't really looking at anything about her until I saw her dance.
    Maybe I'll check out her other performances later.

5. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1d5411J7Qz?from=search&seid=12951029578100197784

game show featuring Miichan , in the first section they have to guess the name of products from a コンビニ (konbini - convenience store) .... and I was even able to identify the ダリトス myself (inlcuding the correct spelling):D

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1xs41117M6/?spm_id_from=333.788.videocard.1
    old show from 2016 in which they walk along the Sumida river in Tokyo ...
    the relevant thing for me is ... that the kissaten where they stop at around 12:28 near Asakusa on top of the river dyke/levee .... is the same one me and my sister stopped for coffee only 2 days later when we visited Japan for the first time :)
    (and while it's close to Asakusa it's seemed not to be that popular a spot)
    And last time we visited Japan (2019) we had the change to watch the fireworks (a bit more up river near Zuikobashi Park))
    (as then that spot is really, really popular)

btw, while watching my twitter feed I noticed that Miichan of course has her weekly radio show, but Miion also regularly appears on TokyoFM.
    And now I wonder, is that because Vernalossom has good contacts? or because M&S is just doing a good job? (my bet ... M&S)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Miichan's instagram

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. Popuri

Popuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Twitter:
    filipa0048
    I know that Miichan isn't known for having a good fashion sense but she's always so her, it's adorable.

8. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    This is one of those outfits that's kinda weird for it's colour scheme .... and the half/half skirt, but it's still ok, I'll give it a pass
    (as if the opinion of a middle aged Dutch guy counts :), but I'm sure if I got the chance to go through Miichan's closet ... I'd might toss out half of her dresses :/ )

9. chain

chain Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    西野七瀬|菅井優香|加藤史帆
    It's actually ドリトス :p But there was also プリングルズ as well. I recognized a few others but didn't remember their names. I think they also sell them at supermarkets as well though.

I went to Asakusa in 2019 for the Obon festival and I'm not entirely sure, but that cafe does look familiar from the outside. I remember going there with some friends also from overseas, and out of everyone, two Japanese girls approach only me for directions, speaking in Japanese. Locals really think I look Japanese to them here, at least until I open my mouth, lol.
    Anyway, Minegishi seemed to be pretty concerned about post-graduation life, evidently with that kind of prayer. Hope she found an answer, or will find one soon.

I don't really know much about radio shows, but I would think it's normal for a few AKB idols to appear regularly on radio. Did she express wanting to appear on radio or something before?

10. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    As I understand it, today was Miichan's penultimate handshake event ....
    not sure if she's holding back tears in this pic .... does look like it though :(

(but maybe, as during the RH, they are happy tears ... )

[​IMG]

https://twitter.com/chan__31/status/1357998795284377600
    =============================
    お話し会ありがとうございました。 残すところあと一回だけど、今日が最後という方もいて...沢山の想いを受け取ったら自然に涙が溢れました。会いたかったなぁって気持ちは拭いきれませんが、とにかくここまでずっと支えてくれた皆さんには感謝しかありません。来週が最後だよ、実感湧かない( ; ; )
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Thank you for your talk sessions.
    There is only one more session left, but for some of you today was the last... I received a lot of thoughts and tears naturally flowed. I can't shake the feeling that I missed you so much, but I just want to thank you all for supporting me all this time. Next week is the last week, I can't feel it ( ; ; )
    ----------------------------------------------------

Miichan's Brithday committee has shared the following banner so fans can display it next week during Miichan's final online handshake
    https://twitter.com/michanbirth/status/1358015261027180546

[​IMG]
    15 years thank you!
    kore karamo watashi wa watashi rashiku
    from now on I will continue to be myself
    Issho ni ayunde ikou ne !
    Let's walk together!
    Miichan fan dō yoi
    Miichan fan (??)

you can download larger resolutions here https://firestorage.jp/download/4f703c11433fee42c1f50ef3d5931f763b0bbbea…

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  11. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    The last character in the banner is ri, not i, so it says "Miichan fan dou yori"

I struggle to translate it properly but "Miichan fan dou" means "all of Miichan's fans" and yori is put at the end of letters, similar to "yours" or "regards" in English letters/emails.

Maybe something like "Yours, all your fans" or "Coming from all your fans"

12. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Miichan has just tweeted about this video from Amazon Prime JP's YouTube (it doesn't seem to be geoblocked, at least not for me):

if the video does not show watch the video here

She appears at 4:57, it's connected with the show 'Hitoshi Matsumoto, Documental'. (Interestingly I've just discovered that the earlier seasons are available here on Amazon Prime UK with English subs so they might be worth watching sometime, I'll give them a try.)

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    It of course has to do with the program that made Miichan re-discover her variety side, they introduced her as the Woman Metal Queen :)
    (funnily most comments I skimmed were woman/girls who said Miichan looked so cute, I always wonder about Miichan's fanbase I kind of have the (most likely mistaken) idea she's more popular with girls than with guys)

edit: it was the announcement of Documental #9

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  14. chain

chain Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    西野七瀬|菅井優香|加藤史帆
    Actually it's "Miichan fan ichidō yori". But the translation is right.

From my understanding, the translation goes something like this:
    "Thanks for these 15 years!
    Even after this,
    I hope we can continue walking down the same path together!
    From all your adoring fans"

15. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Miichan was asked to review the film "A wonderful world" about a convicted murderer trying to rejoin society

https://natalie.mu/eiga/pp/subarashikisekai

[​IMG]

A Wonderful World", the latest film by Miwa Nishikawa, known for "Yureru" and "Ei no excuse", will be released on 11th February. The film, based on a non-fiction novel by Naoki Prize-winning author Ryuzo Saki, is based on a real man who spent most of his life in prison, and tells the story of a man struggling to survive in the society he returns to after being released. The film also stars Taiga Nakano and Masami Nagasawa as a TV man who tries to use him as material for his show.

To celebrate the release of the film, Eiga Natalie asked AKB48 idol Minami Minegishi to watch the film. How did she view the "intolerant society" portrayed in the film, as she is constantly being watched by the cameras and the public? Minegishi, who was the talk of the town last year when she won the "Girls' Mental" competition in a variety show, also talks about her future after graduating from idol school.

Interview and text by Minaho Asami Photography by Tatsuya Irie
    Hair & Make / Minako Kumagai Styling / Izumi Fukunaga Costume Designer / KOH'S LICK CURRO

Such a warm feeling!

─ "The Wonderful World" is the latest film by director Miwa Nishikawa and has already attracted a lot of attention from film lovers. This time, we set up this project to introduce this film to a wider audience and people who have not seen Nishikawa's film yet. First of all, please tell us what kind of films you usually watch.

I prefer to watch Japanese films that are quiet and leave a lingering impression, rather than romantic comedies that are more entertaining. I like films that leave the final decision up to the viewer.

Minami Minegishi
    I like to watch films that leave a lasting impression on the viewer.

I tend to watch films based on the atmosphere or the synopsis, so I wasn't really aware of them, but I have seen Nishikawa's films such as "Ei no excuse" and "Yureru". I've also seen "Dear Doctor" when I was offered this opportunity. I'm sure I would have gone to see "The Wonderful World" even if I hadn't received this project.

What was your first impression of the film?

My first impression of this film was that it would be quite heavy ....... I like heavy films, but when I heard that it was based on a real person and that it was about a former murderer who is rehabilitated, I thought it might take some energy to watch. But it wasn't too heavy, and it changed my impression in a good way.

The film is about Mikami, a man who spent most of his life in prison and is now trying to rejoin society after his release. How did your impression of the film change after watching it?

NakanoFrom the photos of Taiga (played by Tsunoda) and Masami Nagasawa (played by Yoshizawa) holding a camera and the synopsis that "a TV man is trying to get on Mikami's good side", I imagined that the film would be portrayed from a more vulgar point of view. To be honest, I'm also a bit tired of TV and social networking every day (laughs). (laughs) I think I've done what's expected of me on TV, but then I get slammed for it, or I get hurt by the unkind words on social media. Because of this experience, I was worried that I would get tired of watching the film if it was portrayed with too much malice. ...... When I watched it, I was surprised at how much it softened my heart and gave me such a warm feeling.

I was surprised at how warm and relaxed it made me feel.

Yes. I thought this film can be enjoyed by anyone, not to mention film lovers. The phrases "gokudo" and "13 years in jail" are far away from us, but it's just a coincidence that it's set in that way, but it's about us and the community around us.

The protagonist, who seems so far away from us, is also a human being.

Was there a moment when you felt close to the main character, Mikami?

Minami Minegishi
    It's a very ordinary thing, but I was struck by the way the main character does his laundry, takes out the rubbish and lives his life after being released from prison. There was a time a while ago when I felt like I was just living my life. But during my stay home last year, I realized that it is important for people to live properly by doing housework and communicating with others even if they are far away. Mikami has a strong face and seems far away from me, but when I saw him living like this, I felt that he is a human being.

I heard that you stopped hiring a housekeeper because of the Corona disaster.

That's right. I had hired a housekeeper for a long time after he recommended him to me, but he stopped his service because of the risk of contracting the Corona disease. It was unavoidable, but it made me think that I need to take care of myself little by little. Even if it's just taking out the rubbish and washing the dishes, which is something we all take for granted, I find that I want to praise myself for doing it and it makes me feel better. I had such an experience, so when I saw how Mikami lived, I felt that even in difficult situations, valuing basic life is the foundation for moving on.

─ Minegishi's daily report on Twitter about his life without alcohol is also really amazing, as he has been doing it for over 400 days.

I thought that imagination is important. When I was younger, I used to follow my desires and I didn't even think, "If I drink here, it will be hard to work tomorrow" or "If I drink too much, it will ruin my image as an idol". But now, by declaring my abstinence from alcohol every day, I'm able to control myself and think, "If I drink now, I'll disappoint the people who support me and they'll hate me. In the film, there's a scene where Mikami is about to get angry and he's trying to control his impulses by picturing himself in his head. I think that imagining yourself at your worst is a shortcut to self-control, and it's a bit like that for me too.

It's a wonderful world.
    Is there any other character in the film that you felt an emotional connection to?

There are a lot of people who support Mikami, so I felt like I was one of them. At first I didn't trust Mikami that much, but as I saw how hard he was working, his cute side and his kind face, I started to feel like the people around him, saying "Go for it! "Don't be angry, don't be angry! "Don't get angry there, keep it down! It was very impressive to see him fighting against his own impulses in this way. macos/deepLFree.translatedWithDeepL.text

─ This film depicts the intolerance of society through the struggles of Mikami, who once went off the rails, and I think that Minegishi, who has been an idol for 15 years as an AKB48 member and is constantly being watched by the world, must have felt this.

"I think there is a strong atmosphere in the entertainment industry these days where people who have failed are not allowed to come back. Especially on the internet, there's a tendency for people who haven't been directly affected to throw stones at people who have done something wrong. Of course, I think there are things that he did wrong. But I think if I was working in a normal job, I would have enjoyed the gossip. Even if I didn't post it on the internet, I would have talked about it with my friends. ...... However, as someone who has been the target of this kind of gossip, I hope that people will understand that not everything that is covered in the media is true. I'm sure you'll agree with me that it's important to be careful about what you say and how you say it because you're in the media, but I'd like to see a world where people believe what they see and touch first.

Minami Minegishi
    ─ In the scene in the play where Yoshizawa and his friends try to make a TV program about Mikami, you included a description that tried to arbitrarily cut out a certain aspect of him.

If I saw a person like Mikami, I would feel scared too. But when I saw him through the eyes of someone close to me, I realized that there was a kind side to Mikami. It made me think about the basic premise that there are many things in this world that you can't understand until you get close to them. If everyone realised that, the world would be a bit kinder. That's why I sometimes get hurt by ego-searching, but I try to remember that "these people are only saying what they think they see on the internet news or what they see on TV". It's not good for our mental health to be hurt more than necessary by irresponsible words, so I try to listen to the voices of the people I care about as much as possible, turning up the volume.

I try to turn up the volume on the voices of the people I love.

It's a wonderful world.

I felt that the words of Masami Nagasawa's Yoshizawa, "We who walk on the rails don't feel happy at all, so we can't forgive those who are out of line," were exactly right. Especially after the Corona disaster, the world has become very tense and everyone's words have become spiky, so I think that if the level of happiness in society increases, the amount of swearing will decrease. I think that if society could have a brighter future and everyone could be happy with their lives, there would be fewer people getting hurt.

It's important to have a connection with someone.

─ In this film, we see how Mikami, who is now living on his own, confronts society, and you have announced your graduation from AKB48.

In the end, the world is all about connections with people. It's something I've been thinking about for a long time, and it's linked to what I felt when I saw this film. I think the next step is to greet people properly, work diligently and humbly, and make them think "I want to work with this girl again". I think it's common sense, because I think it's the same outside of the entertainment industry, whether you're working in a variety show or as an actress (laughs). There are countless people who are better than me in terms of talent and visuals. So all I can do is take care of the people around me, and I think that will come back to me one day. It sounds simple, but if you take care of yourself, you won't find yourself in a situation where no one is around you anymore. That's the hint I got from Mikami, who is blessed with the people around him.

It's a wonderful world.
    ─ While the story depicts the coldness of society, it also highlights the kindness of the people who reach out to you in such circumstances.

Yes. The line "The important thing is to have a connection with someone and not to isolate yourself from society" by the caseworker played by Yukiya Kitamura really stayed with me. When I'm depressed, I tend to stay in my shell and don't want to see anyone, but that's when the words of the people around me can help me. The more difficult the situation is, the more I think it's okay to rely on someone.

The Corona disaster has left you physically isolated, which makes it even more important to have a spiritual connection.

Yes. I thought it was a story that everyone living in this day and age can relate to in some way. There are many hints to live by and words that will lighten your heart, so I hope that everyone will pick up what they like from this film and "self-indulgently" become comfortable.

Minami Minegishi
    Thank you very much. Finally, who would you like to recommend this film to?

I think people who like movies will watch it on their own, so I'd like to draw in people who watch movies recommended to them but don't know what to watch on their own (laughs). It's not too heavy, and there are lots of scenes you can enjoy watching, so I'd like to attract people who are close to me, such as Sashido (Rino Sashihara), who likes ...... entertainment. Also, when I had more time for myself because of the Corona disaster, I was really impressed by people who were doing things voluntarily. They were trying to get qualifications, or doing strength training, or cooking elaborate meals every day. But I also felt that I couldn't do it. That's why I would like to recommend this film to anyone who is in the same situation, "If you don't know what to do, watch this film! If you don't know what to do, watch this film!

Miichan says some really sensible things like how she should not let angry internet comments get to her too much and trust the people around her
    And that's is difficult to judge someone based on what the media write unless you have the opportunity really get to know them.

and she looks pretty in the pics accompanying the article

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

as an aside: I noticed in the YT video she linked to she had her hair parted in the middle, just as she has here.
    Usually Miichan has an asymmetrical hairstyle to mask her larger left eye

Miichan's instagram
    [​IMG]
    勝手に春はじめさせていただきましたコーデ。
    We've taken the liberty of starting spring with this outfit.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    You guys are all missing important context here. 私は私 (Watashi wa Watashi) is the name of Miichan solo song from no3b album.

15年間ありがとう!
    これからも私は私らしく
    一緒に歩んで行こうね!
    みぃちゃんファン一同より

Juugo nen kan arigatou!
    Kore kara mo watashi wa watashi rashiku
    Issho ni ayunde ikou ne!
    Miichan Fan ichidou yori

Thank you for the past 15 years!
    From now on, let's walk together,
    like we have been doing/in our style/according to the lyrics of Watashi wa Watashi (it's a pun here so no direct translation).
    From all of Miichan fans.

(一 in 一同 is the Kanji ichi and not the Katakana long sound mark, which I think is causing some confusion here.)

17. chain

chain Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    西野七瀬|菅井優香|加藤史帆
    Ah, that explains that part. I still haven't heard any of her songs yet so I never got the reference. That 私は私らしく confused the heck out of me www.
    If Minegishi read "From all of Miichan fans" in English, it would sound off grammatically, which is why I said "From all your adoring fans".

I've never seen the 長音符/prolonged sound mark used after ン before so my first thought was ichidō.
    I see my friends use it with hiragana like ありがとうございまーす! I find it cute when they say that.

18. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    My bad, I got the Watashi wa Watashi reference (it's colour highlighted in the image) but didn't think about the translation for that much :^^;:

19. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Tweet from Miion about Miichan's last online talk event today:
    https://twitter.com/mionnn_48/status/1359800906800263176

Et77tuhVIAIpID8.jpeg
    Et77tufUYAItmj4.jpeg

涙をたっぷり溜めて、手元にはティッシュの山。最後は画面越しのお別れでもファンの方を大切に想う気持ちを感じて私まで寂しくなっちゃいました。 みぃちゃん、15年間の握手会お疲れさま

Plenty of tears, a pile of tissue at hand. At the end, even when I said goodbye through the screen, I felt lonely because I felt that I was cherishing the fans. Mii-chan, thank you for your 15-year handshake event

EDIT: One more 3-shot from a Tweet by Mama&Son:
    https://twitter.com/ms_staff/status/1359807737912205319

Et8BnN3VEAQhzpw.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  20. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Miichan's twitter
    ==============
    最後のお話し会。想像もしていなかった形で終わりを迎え寂しい気持ちでいっぱいですが、AKBとしてデビューして15年、一度でも私の為に時間を使ってイベントに参加してくださった全ての方に感謝です。本当にありがとうございました。握手会での出会いと、結ばれた絆はずっと宝物です。また会える日まで
    -------------------------
    The last talk. I feel lonely at the end in a way I never imagined, but I am grateful to all the people who have spent 15 years since debuting as AKB and have taken the time to participate in the event even once. I'm really thankful to you. The encounter at the handshake event and the bond that was tied up have always been a treasure. Until the day we meet again
    -------------------------

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Man, it always hurts when I see Miichan cry (and all alone) ...
    and yes, I noticed the graduation single title reference

Btw Miichan is doing a showroom right now
    https://www.showroom-live.com/48_Minami_Minegishi

really talkative, talking about nyan-nyan, no3b and sasshii ... and luckily not really sad ... sang a bit of heart gata virus ;)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 2