Single Sakurazaka 2nd [BAN] (2021/04/14)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by minaeshi, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Baal

Baal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    The covers have plenty of biblical references.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Stagnation is expected and right now, it's their biggest hurdle to overcome. I still see some fans of other sakamichi grps bad wording the group and this hurts me a lot cos whatever happened wasn't their fault. But i believe in hardworking and the girls have been doing exactly that. Although twitter account seems to dwindle, i have noticed an upsurge of followers on the 'not so official site on instagram. They were like 3500 followers behind hinata in just like the beginning of the year, but are now only 500 followers or so less. I believe it will all be ok. Time will always be on their side

• Like Like x 1
  3. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    The biggest problem is that they don't seem to be gaining fans. The fans they have are the Keyaki fans that have stuck with them after the rebranding. I don't know what could be done to gain fans though. It was definitely a tricky thing to do this rebranding during covid.

Can't say I'm a fan of the covers. The biblical images are a bit odd but mostly I dislike how the color palette is the same as Nobody's Fault. Look at Saimajo and Sekai ai, the covers are completely different. The covers so far for both singles are blending into each other.

4. BlackSheep

BlackSheep Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nen, Fuu-chan, Oze, Suzu, Mei
    I wouldn't say the cover's are biblical as in Catholicism or Christianity, but more like ancient Greece Goddesses. You could say Aphrodite, Athena and Hera with the others as their temple priestesses. Or they could be like the Muses: Terpsichore, Thalia, Polyhymnia and Euterpe to name a couple. When I think of it that way, the covers look more elegant and beautiful.

5. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    ....Moses on the boat, the shepard with the sheep (SHEEP!!!! I will never get over this) a very Jerusalem palette, doves, and I'm sure I could find even more stuff if I really look into it. Something I won't do.

Kill whoever had this idea please.

Like many said, Sakura needs new fans, and to get them we need more incisive and outstanding songs, and... well, better cd jackets would be a bonus at this point lol
    Enough with the sheep tho

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

At least they are sheep and not goats... (although goat cheese is pretty good) [hehe]

• Like Like x 3
  7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Guuzen no Kotae sub file, etc.

Lots of good comments in Japanese on the YouTube page.
    • People saying they were gay and the video helped them.
    • People saying there were tears in their eyes throughout.
    • One woman saying she had long dressed and acted like a guy, but recently had fallen in love with a guy. Someone else replying he (?) was just the opposite, and them exchanging fellow-feeling.
    • A woman saying she felt gay but had never told anyone, either mother or friends. Someone replying to say she had found some people who could accept it, and advising the other to think carefully if there was anyone like that she could tell.
    • One person saying she had gone out with a girl who was gay for a while, and the reactions from others were pretty bad. She hoped people, even if they didn't understand, would be kind to people like her friend.
    Lots of real life. A flood of relief, I'd say. Sakurazaka doing what Keyakizaka did: showing things that might help people.

Someone quoted Rikopi, who when asked which member she would want as a girl friend, replied: "Karin, of course!" and said she had been aiming at her for the whole 2-1/2 years, without success. I never take this stuff too seriously in an idol group, but I don't discount it entirely, either.

EDIT: The fumi Diary blog now has pics of an abandoned hotel in Fukushima, matching them up with the location of the cover shoot.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  8. wuerfel

wuerfel Member Studio48 Contributor

if the video does not show watch the video here

The next Morita Hikaru center song. It's unexpectedly cute o.o
    The song has a quite relaxing feeling for me, a good contrast to Karin's song!:flower: But, again, it does not leave that much impact for me compared to Naze Koi as a cute song or Blue Moon Kiss as Hikaru's other center song, so .. hm.

• Like Like x 1
  9. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea

10. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    I just think of it as a unit song which it should be. Think of bathroom travel
    oh and from a guys perspective. Interesting. This is very new I quite like it.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  11. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Oh....
    So they're boys now :rofl:

12. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Right!? I also thought this song would be more fit as a unit song (with a very cute, idol-like MV to match)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Too bad Sakurazaka doesn't seem to believe in units.

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

I think they want to have some confidence in themselves first as a group and also to feel everyone in the songs, the later being the reason given by mgmt. Pretty much in future singles, there will be units

15. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

1. I think they picked three 2gens they thought could become strong centers, and are giving them lots of songs to see what they really have and how much they appeal to fans. But they have to turn to units soon. There are too many strong members to ignore. Although I personally think they made the right choice of the three members with the best combination of looks and performance potential. And I think they made the right choice to emphasize 2gens. For me, 1gens are not the way forward. I know others disagree, and they may be right. I've been wrong before, lol.

2. People have wondered who wrote BAN. Now we probably know at least one of two people involved: the lyrics site utaten says it was written by A-NOTE (which is a pen-name of Aoba Hiroki 青葉紘季) and another person unknown. Under another pen-name, "aokado", Aoba-sensei wrote Saishuu no Chikatetsu on the first release, and Keyakizaka's Seifuku to Taiyou. He has written many songs for 48 groups and a couple for Nogizaka, as well as songs for Mizuki Nana, etc., etc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Prayers for units in the 3rd single
    Keyaki did have one or two cute songs performed by “senbatsu” too hmm

17. Jerome Phoenix Wilson

Jerome Phoenix Wilson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nibu Akari and Watanabe Miho
    If I recall correctly, back in the days of Keyakizaka, Kabayashi Yui and Imaizumi Yui formed a duo unit. Their performances together were great.

They even gave Suzumoto a unit to operate in as well.

Just give them a little more time to gain new recognition and bonding skills. Units will be formed once they have a solid platform to stand on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    That same unit (Yuichanzu) was introduced in Silent Majority. MARRY was introduced in Sekai ai (and Yuichanzu got a second song). This has nothing to do with recognition or bonding skills, it's simply that S&F is experimenting with Sakurazaka for some reason.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Jerome Phoenix Wilson

Jerome Phoenix Wilson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nibu Akari and Watanabe Miho
    I agree with you on every point, but after the bittersweet experiences with Hirate and rebranding from Keyakizaka46, they want to take things one step at a time before they create units. I'm not exactly sure why there is a delay with that, but it must be for good reason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. conmaxanhle

conmaxanhle Kenkyuusei

Sakura's first 2 singles dont match my music taste. Ban song sound catchy but Lyrics just a big no no to me. Can't related to it like most Keya song lyrics. Their dance choreography and outfits was cool but i cant feel RunRun center aura. Maybe because she look cute and small. Anyway i would love to support Sakurazaki46 if more iconic song like Eccentric come out. Song i can play at 3AM and cry at the same time :^^;:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1