1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Iwasa Misaki (Wasamin) / 7th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Sep 2, 2009.

1. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    I love that she did that thing last week or the week before of saying "I miss having long hair" and then cuts her hair even shorter. [hehe]

3. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    A quick Wasa-update...

Today I received a postcard that her birthday/debut celebration event has been postponed again. It was originally scheduled for January 31st, the day after her birthday. However, it was postponed until May 8th due to COVID concerns. With Tokyo Governor Koike declaring another state of emergency, it has again ben pushed pack to July. Hopefully by then we will be able to have the event, although the super-slow pace of vaccinating the Japanese residents is making it more difficult. In the meantime...

Wasamin will be doing SHOWROOM events every ay during Golden Week, beginning tonight. You can see the schedule here...

https://ameblo.jp/wasaminnn/entry-12671439084.html

So at least a little Wasa-fun during Golden Week.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    A Wasamin update. She has a whole bunch of events scheduled in the upcoming months. You can find details for each event on the Nagara Group website...

https://www.nagarapro.co.jp/top/artist/concert.php?id=36

In May...

Internet cheki event on May 20th. The deadline to apply has already passed, but you can still watch it on YouTube

Limista CD signing event on May 24th. The sales for this event are still ongoing on https://limista.jp/ if you want to participate, and again I will state that it is relatively easy for foreigners to apply.

Wasamin "virtual date" on May 29th. The sales for this event have ended. This is a virtual live date event that fans can experience online.

In June...

Misaki Iwasa "online greeting" June 6th-8th. This is similar to the AKB virtual handshake events, except one ticket equals four minutes! Deadline to apply is this Sunday.

Mizumori Kaori play at Meijiza June 18th-27th (There are also a few performances at Shin-Kabukiza Osaka in early July) Also starring Wasamin. Tickets are currently on sale.

July...

Three Singing Companians concert in Oji, Tokyo, July 21st Also starring Hayabusa and Tatsumi Yuuto. Seating is limited due to Covid restrictions. Tickets on sale in June.

August...

Song Festival and Dinner show in Osaka. August 1st. Currently tickets are only available to fan club members, and this show will feature many artists. General sale starts in June.

10th Anniversary solo concert at Nakano Zero August 13th. Also currently a fan club exclusive. General sales start in June. Her first solo concert in almost 2 years!

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Of the three events Wasamin held this past weekend, (cheki signing event, virtual date event, CD sign) I participated in the CD jacket signing event. It was originally scheduled for last weekend, but it was rescheduled due to Wasamin being under the weather. To got a signed CD you needed to purchase one copy each of the special edition Migi/Hidari CDs. Funny story, I originally purchased these CDs a few days before the event, but for some reason forgot to hit the final button on the purchase screen. A couple days later I noticed that I never received a confirmation email, and that's when I realized my mistake. I was still in time to get the purchase in for the event.

if the video does not show watch the video here

My turn comes at 56:20. It's quick, as she reads my name and message, wonders if I'm online since I hadn't spoken in the chat up until that point, and then sees me post a thank you a few moments later. I mentioned in my written message that one of my workplaces has played Wasamin's CD over the speakers during lunch.

P.S. I saw a Facebook post for SGO48 which inspired me to check out their website and member roster. OMG, SGO48 has a Wasamin doppelganger! At least she looks like Wasamin in some photos, including her profile pic. Mind you, Le Trang is taller, and bustier. But I think I may have found my SGO push member!

https://www.sgo48.vn/members/LeTrang

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    After twice being postponed, Wasamin's birthday/debut anniversary event finally happened this past Sunday. I'll do a proper writeup some time this weekend. But in the meantime here is the group photo. I'm kind of difficult to find in a photo this size, but I am on the left-side aisle 9 rows back, right behind the fan in the wheelchair.

wasa1a.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  8. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Ahhh knowing you're back to posting real live events about Wasamin means life is starting to become normal again.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki Birthday and Debut Event at Batur Shinjuku (2021/07/18)

wasa5.jpg

First of all, you may recall that Wasamin's birthday is in January, and her debut anniversary is February 1st. This event was originally scheduled for late January. But due to Misaki-chan contracting COVID-19, the original date was postponed until May. That was until Tokyo Governor Koike declared another state of emergency, resulting in another postponement. I was half-expecting a third postponement given there was a yet another state of emergency declared for the Olympics, but Wasamin's staff posted that the event would go on as planned. I mean at this point we were half way to her next birthday and debut anniversary. Not to mention we purchased tickets to this event over 8 month ago. Not that that's a big deal, I'm still holding onto HKT48 handshake tickets that are over a year old. Anyway...

This would be the first time I would see Misaki-chan in person since last Halloween. I mean sure, I have talked to her online during her many CD/cheki signing events, but that's not really the same experience. Some of her fans went to see her recent play with Mizumori Kaori, but I decided to skip it for a number of reasons, not the least of which I wouldn't really get the chance to meet with her.

Batur Shinjuku is a really nice event space on the north end of Shinjuku, bordered by numerous guy bars and Koreatown. I was been there a couple times before for non-idol related events. It was a lot more convenient for me than Ginza, the original location of this event. That said, I was still apprehensive about going into Tokyo given that I have pre-existing conditions that make me an elevated risk for COVID. Plus, it it has been really freakin' hot this week, with temperatures in the mid 90's (Fahrenheit) and 85% humidity. I grew up in the desert, and will never get used to this sticky weather!

wasa2.jpg

I arrived a little early because I wanted to buy Misaki-chan a birthday gift. My original plan was to get her something from Soaptopia, a California company with a location next to Shinjuku Station. I was surprised by their limited and expensive stock, and left to go to Lush down the street. But the nearby Lush location had closed. I went back to Soaptopia and got Wasamin a Vanilla-Orange hand soap/bath salt set, which cost almost 5000 yen. Later I learned that Lush had opened a huge location a couple blocks further down. Wasamin likes products from both shops, but I probably could've gotten something more affordable from Lush had I been aware of their new location. Oh well, live and learn.

After a 15-minute walk, I arrived at Batur covered in sweat. I took the time to towel myself off before looking for the entrance, which was in the rear of the venue. They hurried me to check-in, and took my temperature. I didn't have a birthday card, so I decided to write my birthday greeting on top of the gift box, and dropped my present into the gift bin, which was already overflowed. I took my seat on the 9th row aisle, donned my happi, greeted a bunch of fellow-fans I hadn't seen in ages, and prepared for the event.

wasa7.jpg

Wasamin surprised everyone by entering from the rear of the venue. The event began with an MC, Wasamin talking about how she was so happy to see her fans after such a long time. She asked who in the audience came to her recent play. I felt kinda sheepish after about three-quarters of the crowd raised their hand. After that, the next part of the event would be the photo-op.

wasa14.jpg wasa10.jpg

Wasamin positioned herself in various spots around the venue. At first she was posing around the outer-edges of the crowd. I took a couple of pics, but knew my best opportunity would be when she came up the center aisle.

wasa9.jpg wasa12.jpg

Oh yeah! She stopped right in front of me, and began posing in circles. I was able to get some great close-up shots, including a shot of her neckline, which I find totally sexy, LOL.

wasa8.jpg

The next part of the event was the Misaki-chan quiz. Now usually I am horrible at these, and I have always wished that they were multiple choice. In fact I think I once wrote that on one of the event reviews. To my surprise, that is exactly what they were going to do. For the quiz, Misaki would read a phrase in a certain style, and we had to figure out what emotion she was was trying to convey. The phrases were "Nyaa," Yabai," Daijoubu," "Tsuki," stuff like that. Not easy, but at least I had a shot, even if I was guessing. I ended up getting one of five. The winner got four right, and everyone who got at least three right got a prize. Next was the singing portion of the event. Wasamin sang six songs...

Setlist
    1. Mujineki
    2. Toshishita no Otokonoko
    3. Watashi no Kare wa Hidarikiki
    4. Akai Sweet Pea
    5. Genki wo Dashite
    6. Futari no Umi no Monogatari
    7. Migite to Hidarite no Blues

Wasamin sounded great, and showed no ill effects from her recent bout with COVID. Hidarikiki was interesting since that's one of those "Wasamin!" chant songs, but we could only clap due to the "no call" rule. Still, it was so nice to hear her sing in person again. Everything about Misaki-chan is so lovely,. I would hate for something like an illness to curtail her career. She briefly talked about her upcoming concert next month. I have tickets to both shows. I am hoping to get some good seats. Finally, the event ended with two shots. Wasamin was stationed in a side room with a safety partition, and we were ushered in row by row.

wasa4.jpg

I was greeted by the usual, but long missed "Kurisuu!"For starters, I told Misaki that he short hair is "sensational!" "You like it?" she asked. I also congratulated her for her "half-birthday." She originally responded, "huh? But when I repeated it she laughed. they were rushing us through the 2-shots, so I didn't have any more time to talk.

wasa3.jpg
    Misaki's birthday cake!

And with that I bid my farewell to my fellow fans, and headed back to Shinjuku Station. It was great to see Misaki-chan again, and nice to see my fellow Wasafans, many of whom I hadn't seen for over a year. But I am looking forward to a great time next month at her big concert. I will be fully vaccinated by then, so I'm sure it will be a great time.

wasa1a.jpg

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    • Like Like x 1
  11. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
  12. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Another:

Enka singer Misaki Iwasa (26) performed "Misaki Iwasa 10th Anniversary Concert-Toward the Future Connected by Bonds" at Nakano ZERO (Momijiyama Cultural Center) in Tokyo on the 13th.

Solo concert for the first time in about two and a half years. She sang 23 songs such as the title song of all singles such as the debut song "Mujin Eki" in February 2012 and the cover of famous songs, and attracted the audience on the culmination stage for 10 years.

Looking back on 10 years, Iwasa said, "It seems that the day I made my debut at the age of 17 is yesterday. I want more and more people to listen to Misaki Iwasa's songs, and to become a singer who can give dreams and hopes. "

[and from the Tokyo Sports article linked above]

Fans from the AKB era gathered at the venue and cheered with applause and penlights, and Iwasa said, "The 10th anniversary is a milestone year, so I want everyone to feel Misaki Iwasa who has grown even a little today. That's it, "she said with a smile. From the debut song "Mujin Eki" to the latest 9th single "右手と左手のブルース", she sang all the title songs of the singles released so far.

A video looking back on the 10th anniversary was played on the stage, and at the encore, the 10th single "Akira" scheduled to be released on October 6 was unveiled for the first time. The audience was fascinated from beginning to end on the culmination stage of 10 years.

f_14589137.jpg
    https://www.daily.co.jp/gossip/2021/08/13/0014589136.shtml

13. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki 10th Anniversary Concert at Nakano ZERO (2021/08/13)

Here's another report from one of the "fascinated fans" (as described in the news story) Seriously, it was a really good show, with an excellent setlist, especially the early show. Yes, this concert was actually a doubleheader, with a matinee at 13:30 and an evening show at 18:00. Also, it was on a Friday, so it's possible some fans couldn't make the early show because of work, even if the country is currently celebrating the Obon holidays.

wasa21.jpg

This concert was announced a few months ago, and per usual the fan cub members were allowed to pre-order tickets in advance, pretty much guaranteeing us good seats. I received my tickets via Sagawa Express last week, in two separate packages, along with a signed photo as a gift for buying tickets to both shows. I had 6th row left side for the matinee, and 4th row dead center for the evening. Considering the relatively small size of Nakano Zero's hall, these seats would definitely be good. I was somewhat concerned about this concert being held in the middle of the current State of Emergency, wondering if it might be postponed. Also, I haven't received my 2nd vaccination yet. (I'm getting it today)

Nakano Zero is a fairly new conference center/meeting center/concert hall located on the south side of Nakano Station in Tokyo. In fact, the company I work for occasionally holds trainings there, so I have been to the venue a couple times before. The hall itself seats around 500-600, but they were limited to 50% capacity. Considering the show wasn't sold out, I'm guessing there were around 250 fans there. I saw a few of Wasamin's idol friends come in for the matinee, but they were wearing masks, so I couldn't see who they were. I also talked a bit with Wasamin's former manager, Ishikawa-san. I hadn't seen her in a while. She looked really good!

wasa23.jpg

I didn't see any messages about early-queueing for goods, and there wasn't anything in particular I was dying to get my hands on, so I decided to arrive around the time doors opened, which was 30 minutes before the show. I queued up for goods anyway since I had plenty of time. Ultimately I picked up two things, the new uchiwa and new acrylic stand. I love those things! I skipped on the t-shirt. I mean it looks cool, but I just have too many t-shirts that are too small for me to wear. So I didn't want to spend 4000 yen for yet another one.

wasa24.jpg
    My Wasamin acrylic stand collection

I made it to my seat on time and put on my happi. My 6th row seat had a perfect view! I should mention the rules were 1) masks at all times, 2) social distancing, and 3) no calls, just clapping. It was the same at her Birthday and Halloween events. Anyway, the matinee show started a little late, most likely because the goods line was still long. No matter. Eventually the lights went down. It was showtime! BTW here are the setlists. Instead of writing two separate setlists, I decided to use an "a" "b" format since both shows were essentially the same, aside from seven songs changing. I also noted the songs she has recorded.

Setlist
    1. Saba Kaido (6th Single)
    2. Tomonoura Bojou (3rd Single)
    3. Sado no Ondeko (7th Single)
    MC

4. Onna no Blues (Fuji Keiko)
    5a. Mugon-zaka (Kouzai Kaori)
    5b. Tsugunai (Teresa Teng) (from Request Covers)
    MC

6a. Kaze wo Bon Koi Uta (Ichikawa Sayuri) (7th single c/w)
    6b. Yurazu no Ame (Kawanaka Miyuki) (8th single c/w)
    7. Toki no Nagare ni Miwo Makase (Teresa Teng) (from Request Covers)
    MC

8. Gomen ne Tokyo (5th Single)
    9. Moshimo Watashi ga Sora ni Sundeitara (2nd Single)
    10. Hatsuzake (4th Single)
    Skydiving VTR/Costume Change

11. Migite to Hidarite no Blues (9th Single)
    12. Koi no Owari Sangenjaya (8th Single)
    MC

13. Imitation Gold (Yamaguchi Momoe)
    14. Ihoujin (Kubota Saki) (3rd single c/w)
    MC

15a. Machibuse (Seiko Miki) (from 3rd Album)
    15b. Matsu wa (Aming) (from Request Covers)
    16a. Sekai de Ichiban Atsui Natsu (Princess Princess)
    16b. Watashi ga Obasan ni Nattemo (Moritaka Chisato)
    MC/Senbei-san joins Wasamin on stage
    17a. Marigold (Aimyon)
    17b. Kaze ni Naru (Tsuji Ayano)
    18a. Tsubasa wo Kudasai (Red Bird) (1st single c/w)
    18b. Neko (Dish)
    MC
    19a. Heya to Y-shirt to Watashi (Hiramatsu Eri)
    19b. Ame (Moritaka Chisato) (from 3rd Album)
    20a. Tomorrow (Okamoto Mayo)
    20b. M (Princess Princess) (9th single c/w)
    21. Ruriiru no Chikyuu (Matsuda Seiko)
    End Main Set
    Wasamin 10 year retrospective VTR/costume change

EN1. Akira (10th Single)
    EN2. Mujineki (1st Single)
    End Show

My first overall impression was that it was a really fun show, with an excellent setlist. Wasamin looked stunning as usual. I think that was a new kimono she was wearing in the beginning, and the dress she changed into was very sexy. The way the light shined off of her hair almost made her look like a blonde. That might be an interesting look for her to try.

wasa25.jpg

My seat for the first show was great. It was 6th row, but close enough to interact with Wasamin and elevated a bit for a nice view. My evening seat seemed even better, 4th row center with nobody in front of me except for a cameraman. The only issue was that some of the bright lights were positioned directly into my eyes on a couple songs, Ihoujin and Akira in particular. At those points I literally had to shield or close my eyes, so that wasn't cool. In fact, at one point Wasamin mentioned when the lights got really bright they were washing out the color of the glowsticks.

In the second half of the show she was joined by Senbei-san, the hippie keyboardist who usually accompanies her at her annual "Love Live" shows in Hamamatsucho. As Wasamin mentioned, "Everybody loves Senbei-san!" LOL, it's so true! He usually never speaks, but Wasamin got him talking in the second show. He also did this bit when she was modeling the new uchiwa, Senbei-san would fall over as if the wind from the uchiwa was too forceful. She also asked him his favorite food, and was surprised when he didn't mention senbei.

wasa22.jpg
    My new uchiwa

Speaking of the MC's, she initially talked about being worried about holding the concert during the COVID emergency. She talked repeatedly about the color-coding the fans do for her singles, teaching the newer fans to watch the veterans to know what lightstick colors to use on which songs. She also noted how we weren't allowed to do "calls" at the show, so it kinda bummed her out that we couldn't do the "Wasamin" chant, or the last song 'complaining' (ehhh?!?!?!) or the "Sou desu ne!" bit. Ultimately she did them for us, LOL! At one point she started talking about Sadogashima, asking if the fans would be interested in trying to have another event there. You might remember our adventure a few years ago when Wasamin and her fans went to Sado Island, only to have most of the event cancelled due to an impending typhoon. I would definitely go if she did that again. I think most of the fans felt the same way

There were two VTRs, one for the costume change and the other for the encore. The first was a cute dokkiri where she thought they were taking her bungee jumping, and instead took her skydiving. Wasamin wasn't nervous at all, she was totally up for it. So we got to watch her first ever dive! BTW, after that VTR she was asking the audience who had gone skydiving before, and NOBODY raised their hand! She was trying to enroll all of us into trying it, but considering the general demo of her fanbase I doubt anyone is gonna try it. The second was an retrospective interview where she reminisced about her debut, and the last ten years.

As for the songs, over 2/3 of the setlists were songs she has performed before. She sang all of her singles, and a bunch of c/w songs from her releases. There were a few new songs in there. I really liked Mugon-zaka, which she sang in the first show. I also really liked the Sekai de Ichiban Atsui Natsu, although Wasamin got a little off beat in the beginning and had to catch up. The Matsudo Seiko song she ended the main set with was really grand, a great show-ender. But the song that had everyone talking was Imitation Gold. It was definitely a new style for her. Very sexy, and very cool! On the other hand, Neko was a bit beyond her range, she really struggled to hit the low notes on the verse. It's a guy's song after all though.

As most of us were expecting, she sang her brand new single Akira as part of the encore. After two listens, here are my impressions. The song has somewhat of an exotic/mysterious feel, which is cool, and it fits her singing style perfectly. She sang it really well. On the other hand, it sounds like some of the other songs she sings, and it's missing an identifiable hook. The chorus portion of the song is really short. So perhaps it isn't among my favorite of her singles, but it may grow on me the same way Migi/Hidari did. I didn't really like that one at first, but now I do.

wasa26.jpg
    Flowers for Misaki-chan!

At the end of the day it was really nice to see a Wasamin solo concert for the first time in over two years. I hope they release a DVD/Bluray since it was an excellent performance. After the show some of the fans seemed to be waiting outside for something, but it was raining, the trains were all running late, and I had a bit of a journey get home. It wasn't like we could really have any sort of post-show izakaya party anyway. I'm not sure when we will get another live event, although she has a couple virtual lives coming up, including her release day mini-live. Hopefully something cool will pop up soon.

• Like Like x 5
  14. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
  16. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Wasamin 10th single covers...

cover1.jpg
    Limited Edition

cover2.jpg
    Regular Edition

Akira releases October 6th. It's available at all the usual buy sites. But I'm reasonably confident that she will do some signed CD events on Limited Stand, so watch out for those announcements. Also, if you want to hear her sing the song live, her recent concert is available for streaming on Eplus (check the post above this one)

• Like Like x 1
  17. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    FCFS applications for a signing event on 9/26 at 14:00 JST have gone on sale at Limista:
    https://limista.jp/projects/2247

For each applicant Wasamin will autograph a copy of the limited edition but everyone will also receive an unsigned copy of the regular one. The price per signing is 3.150 JPY plus 910 JPY shipping (as usual only to Japanese addresses). The event will be streamed live on Limista's YouTube channel.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    It looks like there will be a special jacket cover for this signing. It's something she has only done a couple of times. (the Mujineki "train" jacket and the Request Cover release day jackets. Oh, and her PB too) Idoling!!! used to do special jackets for their releases too. I loved them.

19. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Akira MV preview

• Like Like x 1
  20. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Wasamin's CD jacket autograph session from earlier today:

For me it was the final part of a triple-header of Limista signings today, the others being Tomu and Yukirin in AKB48, and I'm pleased to say that in none of them did I have to wait very long to hear my name being called out - with Wasamin it was at 11:30. She seemed be distracted at first by something in the live comments but then she signed my copy:

Screenshot 2021-09-26 at 10.56.32.jpg

She read my message, I simply said I was from London and wished her 'ganbatte'. She then talked about her overseas fans in Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan before moving to the next signing.