1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Hoshino Minami (Minami) / 1st Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by kimunlimited, Feb 19, 2012.

1. maload

maload Kenkyuusei

yes foreign dont understand idols way but i am guru at idol s way .
    can we test who is guru at idol here ?
    when did we start ??
    can we talk about 1 scandal of nogizaka46 or not ???
    funny comment but still not the best yet

another funny comment .. oh you don't know what actually is written on the contracts they sign

but i know . ?????

wow lots of fact here

funny that i care so much about dislike because i cant hit them with fact ha

dislike me more because today i am not busy ..why dont guru show some clever comment
    it look better than dislike people . i dont got it
    wow 3 kid here since i hit something here .

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. oompaoloompa

oompaoloompa Kenkyuusei

What makes you think I don't understand? I'm sure everyone here is aware as to why there's a "love ban" in place but that doesn't mean we have to agree with it. As I've mentioned in the past, many of the fans here follow and support the group in varying degrees. I, for one, don't share in the delusional behavior and thus have no interest in the handshake aspect of idol fandom. Clearly I'm not that target market of Nogi management and that's perfectly fine. However, last I checked, this is a discussion forum comprised mainly of foreign fans who don't necessarily share the same ideals as some domestic fans, so I don't see what's wrong with voicing our opinions on the matter.

• Like Like x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. maload

maload Kenkyuusei

the point is who ever seen that rule ?
    or some otaku create it themself ?
    do you ever ask maiyan about this ?

okay its the fact that some otaku cant stand if some idol have something with a man boy old man
    only some of them ......
    omg i see lot of old lady in nogizaka46s concert too.
    she have really special relationship with maiyan ?
    how ?

and if there is such the rule exit in somewhere or somehow ....
    then why it only apply for minami gen 1 nogizaka46

i need guru in nogizaka46 s idol rule for explaining in detail ..

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 11
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. shinra94

shinra94 Kenkyuusei

@maload think you'd do well to just go lie down in a dark room. Posts read like insane scribbles on the wall of a public toilet and are barely comprehensible.

• Winner Winner x 12
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  5. oompaoloompa

oompaoloompa Kenkyuusei

Where exactly did I state that that I wished for these idols to be something else? I have no qualms with fans spending their money to meet their favorite idols, however it's this delusional love aspect (or "unique relationship" as you have sugar coatedly referred to it) is what I don't care for since it enables unhealthy and disturbingly obsessive behavior, particularly in instances which involve older, middle-aged men fawning over underage girls or more relevant to Hoshino's case, displaying toxic behavior towards an idol who has broken the supposed "love ban."

If you're in support of the whole delusional love approach that the idol business is modeled on, then go ahead, you do you. I personally don't view these girls as mere products and would prefer that they be allowed to live normal lives outside of work.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. kira7x

kira7x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    There are these girls, they are just like idols but without the love ban, they are called singers. I think you will love them.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Dislike Dislike x 6
  7. oompaoloompa

oompaoloompa Kenkyuusei

Cool, I'll look into them. In the meantime, how about you share your thoughts on the toxic behavior of fans when these love bans are broken? Or does one have to blindly accept the current nature of the idol business to support a group like Nogizaka? Please, share your take oh wise one.

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. shinra94

shinra94 Kenkyuusei

I had a guy chase me on Twitter about this stating that he has 'bought CD's' and therefore she MUST keep to her side of the rules.:banana:How delusional and frightening can these incels get? You'd hope they represent a hard core and the other 99% just don't care. You buy a single and shake her hand. Fine. You don't own her soul and womb though. Get a grip!

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Toxic behavior :fp:. A natural reaction to somebody breaking a trust is toxic behavior, maybe you should go back into your safe space or something.

Pretty much yeah. These are Japanese idols for Japanese fans, foreigners are pretty much a statistical anomaly in the grand scheme of things. The native fans which some are ready to slag off are the ones that prop up these groups and literally the groups wouldn't exist at the level their at otherwise.

maybe knock off the passive aggressive as two can play at that game mr/miss member since 2019.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. ak47

ak47 Kenkyuusei

Guys, please respect Japanese culture and their idol system. I am a foreigner but I respect Japanese culture. There is a rule that made by J-idol system that love ban is implemented then idol must follow and if not then they are not idol anymore. If you are in other country, no matter who you are and you must follow their laws and regulations. Got it!!

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. orangemint

orangemint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Koyabu Kazutoyo
    Just because international fans are the minority and management doesn't necessarily care about catering to them doesn't mean we have to agree with every "rule" or that we can't criticise them.

Also, why is everyone acting like Japanese fans (and idols) have never even questioned the love ban?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Chill guys. Those that talk about the existence of this love ban rule doesn't necessarily agree with it. People here are just saying this love ban rule still exists for idols in Japan whether you like it or not. Doesn't matter whether it's in a written contract that they have to sign or not. This rule written or unwritten is still here. Idols themselves will say dating is NG. And when caught there are consequences. Many here (including me) have shared their disapproval, sometimes even disgust about the love ban rule and some fans' toxic behavior when an idol is caught dating. Watch Japanese personalities talk about idols, this love ban rule is still a topic of discussion.

Hoshino's case could be serious or it could be nothing. Well, they can ask her to graduate and Minami will say her farewell without saying a word about the issue. Or just completely stay silent as if nothing happened. That we'll wait and see. Kanagawa needed to apologize because of a picture with a certain guy. No kissing, no hugging, no holding hands caught. But she needed to apologize. And we all know why.

Show your rage about this love ban rule here in this forum but it wouldn't change a thing. You don't like it, I don't like it, many others don't like it. Does love ban rule suck? Some fans are toxic or even sick? Outside this forum, what can you do about it? We all know the answer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Kataomoi

Kataomoi Member

Oshimen:
    Ikuta-chan
    just asking if Hoshino already made an offcial statement(Apology) about her scandal?

14. oompaoloompa

oompaoloompa Kenkyuusei

It's toxic because these overly obsessed fans are so deep in delusion that they feel the need to lash out as though they've been cheated by an actual girlfriend. Tell me what's healthy about grown men being so far removed from reality that they've lost all self-awareness and think that these girls are as pure as they're marketed to be?

Safe space? I'm fine where I am thanks.

You're right, but once again this is a discussion forum comprised of foreign fans who are not bounded by the social of norms of domestic fans, so what's wrong with questioning the status quo?

Perhaps you'd like to read the post I responded to. I received a smart ass comment, so I simply returned the favor.

I appreciate the attempt at trying to come in peace but this is gate-keeping mentality that tries to bury what could be a meaningful discussion. I don't see how any of this is disrespectful to Japanese culture when I'm simply questioning the delusional love that idol industry relies on.

How am I expecting a whole culture to bend to my own ideals? I stated my opinion on what I feel is unhealthy behavior of some fans but rather than addressing the subject of whether this delusional love and the subsequent reactions it leads to with the breaking of love bans, the majority of the responses I've gotten have more or less been "this is the way things are, this is the way things will be and if you don't like it you can leave."

No, this is like going on an online message board and discussing with strangers about some questionable decorations of someone's house.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. lisght

lisght Kenkyuusei

why there is love ban rule?
    well because the business model of these 'you can meet' idol groups prevent them to have proper love relationship while active as a member.
    not all these idols are required to have splendid talent in singing or dancing or both. All that they need to do is attract fans and make them buy merch and attend their events.
    you will understand if you watch produce48, japanese idols were struggling so much when they had to compete for singing and dancing, but they can liven up the stage.

So back to why put love ban rule?
    I believe japanese guys won't spend their money to some girls so that these girls can spend it on hotels with their boyfriends.
    This is different for let's say KPop idols. KPop idols are trained to be artists, the had to advance their singing and dancing ability before they could debut. So, even if Kpop companies are lifting love ban after several years, the group still can produce musics as their main product.
    For Japanese idols, especially 48 group and sakamichi, the lineup for each single are replaceable. Maybe in each senbatsu 2-3 member having good vocal is enough,the others can be altered. All they have to do is make the fans happy in their concerts and events. For the proof, look at how many graduated idols are becoming singers. Maybe the good singers for idols will try in musicals, but as professional singer is harder.

So in conclusion, management can lift the love ban rule but then they will lose money because they are not only selling musics as most of members are not that great in this matter. They sell engagement and dream/fantasy to fans that they can meet idol if they are supporting her. Or other possibility is they have to reduce the number of members because some are not getting money, and guess why they are not attracting fans, yes one big reason is if the idol has a relationship. If this route happen then management have to keep only the talented ones and you will not find the like of Akimoto Manatsu, Matsumura Sayuri or even Hoshino Minami as they are not that good singers.

Even if the management lift the love ban rule, the rule will apply naturally because that is the system they make.

• Winner Winner x 5
  16. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

My take on this was simple.

"Your wallet speak volume. More than your mouth realize."

And this question: "What attracted you to idol in the first place?"

The likes of @Reveen were there for the gravure. That why he bought Hoshino PB(else why would he care commenting here. Jokingly, I would ban him from this thread if he didnt buy it. lol) and now contemplating whether his money is well-spent or not.

And that's the case about no-dating rule. Its about maximizing profit from idol single status that was mentioned by @lisght above rather than the relationship part.

I probably will add that if music is what attracted you to idol, chance are you will find the practise of buying multiple copies of single release just for getting close to them for several second as..... wasteful. But its undeniably beneficial to your loved group and idol too.

For a food of thought, imagine yourself debuting idol (group). If you want to alter/change the culture,
    "What is your alternative business model that is as profitable as above or more but less drawback from dating issue?"

Too soon to expect the public one. Not when the nogi fans reaction are still volatile.

17. oompaoloompa

oompaoloompa Kenkyuusei

Finally, a reasonable take. Thank you!

I'm happy to simplify my points:
    Do I wish that these love ban rules be abolished? Yes. Will they be abolished any time soon? No, unlikely, as this rule caters to the delusional environment that serves as the current money making machine of the Japanese idol industry. Is it ethical for the industry to essentially be "preying" on these deluded individuals? That's what I've been trying to question. Do my opposing opinions on how the idol industry operates matter to those in charge of these groups? Not at all but I'll be damned if I'm not allowed to debate on this subject on an online forum.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. lisght

lisght Kenkyuusei

For me, the alternative one is being launched in the form of NiZi. Well, they are using KPop business model with the dating rule AFAIK will be lifted after 3 or 5 years like Twice. If Nizi success then the wish of no-dating rule maybe will be eased.

I think Nogizaka also improving their quality in music. Especially with 4ki participate in star tanjou, a show that different from the likes of bingo which improving their variety and liven up the stage rather than show their artist skills. This show how they are improving and willing to compete against emerging market of KPop in japan or maybe globally.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. kira7x

kira7x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    For you what is a "toxic behavior"? Criticizing a professional for her lack of commitment? To me it's exactly the same as criticizing a football player caught smoking. I think the fans are right.

THIS.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  20. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Everyone keeps talking about how Japanese fans don't want idols to date, and foreigners should respect that and be quit, but are Japanese fans even mad? Is there some huge uproar I'm not seeing?

Of course, some fans will be mad. Like the incels and the creeps.

But from what I can tell, most Japanese fans don't care. And if they do care, it had more to do with the fact that she skipped work rather than the relationship itself.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1