1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kadowaki Miyuna (Miyumiyu) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'STU48 Graduated Members' started by ithebigc, May 9, 2017.

1. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    Well, she did Myounichi today, so I guess everything is fine.

2. qpet

qpet Future Girls

now that she's finally 18? why? I mean if she is fine with.. whatever she's doing, then please keep doing it:oops:

• Like Like x 1
  3. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Today was miyuna 2.0, new PJs, now with long pants. Hour later start time, out of bed and makeup finished. Corrective measures implemented ww. Same fresh and cute miona.

They even got oki-c to stop streaming from her bathtub, so there is def. Some oversight going on.

Our Miyuna won't be outdone by Ijiri Okada.
    From 2021.05.11 ClubMixa STU48xTASK HAVE FUN, ijiri was the mc during the profile quiz. Members from both groups had to answer multiple choice questions about the other groups members. Ijiri brought the trademark fast tongue and Miyuna answered with lip joge.

[​IMG]

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/3f0d6dafe032bebe1f13dd14a0f8e6f6797e6e22
    Title: STU48 Miyuna Kadowaki shows off her "rare mouth technique" to counter Ijiri Okada's "high-speed tongue."

imo: STU48 also got to flex their spring costumes. I swear, among idol groups, the level of detail and expense that goes in 48-group costumes is unparalleled. ​

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. RokoPoko

RokoPoko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hattoriyuna
    There definitely is some oversight going on, but it's probably more from Showroom than the idol group's management. Even though Oki mentioned getting scolded about the "bath streams" by management, there is already a rule on Showroom against doing bath streams. Oki was still clothed in the bathtub, and was joking by calling it a "bath stream", but Showroom added to the rule forbidding even mentioning "bath stream" as a way to attract viewers. Basically, Showroom moderators take down a stream for questionable content and then the reason is sent to the manager.

Miyuna wrote in mail that she had a terrible headache before the event and went to a hospital, so she cancelled. She also mentioned on Showroom that these headaches have been happening from time to time recently and is taking some medicine. She seems to be doing okay now, which is good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. x_lambs

Twitter:
    worklodz
    • Like Like x 1
  6. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Like Like x 1
  7. x_lambs

Twitter:
    worklodz
    • Like Like x 3
  8. itachi101

itachi101 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    otanao
    Oh no
    She's done for good
    Huh

9. RokoPoko

RokoPoko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hattoriyuna
    She did not say much on her morning Showroom, but she wants to continue doing morning Showrooms until she's gone from the group. Her last day is not determined yet and she can't say yet what she plans on doing after leaving. In any case, she says that she will definitely return to the "stage" even after leaving. She would like to still pursue her dreams of voice acting and performing. She also wants to continue doing streams even after leaving, but can't really be sure on when it's going to happen.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dokuro3313

Dokuro3313 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Onishi Momoka, Kojiharu
    My least favourite STU48 member just announced graduation, that means more senbatsu space for other talents:D

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. qpet

qpet Future Girls

I was hoping she would stay until the singing contest, at least for the prelim round, but nope :(
    :eek::eek:
    I was worried for a moment that you will not get to watch anything in the morning now after her grad :D
    imagine being excited about STU senbatsu selection:rofl:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  12. qpet

qpet Future Girls

nvm that^ I found a better answer for you:D
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  13. RokoPoko

RokoPoko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hattoriyuna
    Well, she says that she won't immediately go back to doing streams and that her tentative plan (after talking with her parents) was to wait a year or so before coming back to social media... Maybe something like coming back when she's 20. Of course, since they did not give a date for her last day, she can't concretely plan anything. A lot of people are throwing all sorts of options at her, like auditioning for another group or something, but it seems like she really does not know what she'll be doing or when she'll do it.

Anyway, it still might be a long time before she comes back so all we can do is wait.

• Like Like x 1
  14. qpet

qpet Future Girls

that doesn't sound too good.. I hope she wont like her break from showbiz/stream too much :^^;:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    I feel kind of like I should be disappointed, but I always liked this ‘charai’ side in her more than her (admittedly great) performance skill, it was the ‘charai’ side that drove me to her in the first place. If anything, the stuff that got leaked adds some depth to the person Miyuna. I hope she does come back to entertainment, maybe with a ‘character’ more suited to her true self. Possibly ‘Setouchizaka’ with the long and tidy skirts was indeed not the right place for her.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I agree, I think Miyuna is very talented but sometimes I thought that maybe STU's image is not made for her, like when I saw some STU performances where they did cool songs, Miyuna was dancing with a lot of energy and good expressions and all, but because they were wearing long dresses/skirts, we couldn't even see her moves very well and it didn't look so good... I don't know if she still plans to perform in the future though, it's a waste because she's really talented. and regardless of the reasons, I'm sad to see her go ._. Hope she can find success!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    (In case anyone was curious, I searched so you don't have to. Seems someone hacked into her and other members' private Insta and LINE accounts and posted DM screenshots. Could be fake of course, but in her case it's the second time, and the fact she's being dismissed suggests the management asked and they were unable to deny it.
    1. LINE leak from a different member talking to yet another member, saying she went out drinking with Miyuna. Totally fine of course, except they're both minors by Japanese law.
    2. Insta DM leak from her account talking to someone named ‘Ota’ who said in short, ‘I like seeing Miyu getting wild, that's the whole point why I date younger people’. More power to her I think, what I don't get is why people assume mr. Ota is a fan. Most likely not.
    3. In the wake of this, her leak from last year resurfaced, where she tells a graduate how she did eyelid plastic surgery. I can't for the life of me see why that's a problem, although I'm personally against it, I think even for idol standards it should be up to them, as long as there's no pressure to do it like there is in Korea… but apparently the Japanese fandom feels differently.
    All in all pretty sorry story, nothing I personally have an issue with, but stuff that I have to admit won't fit STU's image. I hope when she comes back she goes in a more rock-ish direction.)

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. RokoPoko

RokoPoko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hattoriyuna
    It's not a good idea to ever get rumors from the internet when it comes to idols. These ideas are dangerous to spread too. People are obsessed with certain ideas and spread clearly fake information to prey on the insecurities of fans that care about that stuff. For example, there are people that find eyelid plastic surgery a problem for whatever reason. Since every idol has their haters, the haters create fake images or post out-of-context "evidence" just to put that idea into a fan's head to ruin an idol's image. The eyelid plastic surgery rumor was confirmed to be a fake with it being very unlikely to get the procedure done without a long break. It is also clear that there is no actual difference with her face. The images posted are also badly photoshopped.

Some members, like a second generation member and Yano, describe some things they did but also note that there is fake information going around as well. Nothing was actually confirmed and Miyuna gave no details on exactly why she's leaving other than using the term "backstabbing fans" and mentioning her "immaturity and carelessness". That's why I couldn't talk much about it.

The problem comes from the management not having established rules and leaving it to idols to explain their problems. Had the management said something like "We found inappropriate conduct involving (something specific) and we found it unprofessional (or whatever) and ended their contract" then things would be clear. The idol wouldn't be able to lie and misinformation/rumors would stop going around. The thing is, if another idol were to do the same thing, then the management would have to take the same stance and end their contract too. However, if that idol is selling handshake tickets or is popular, then they have more reason to ignore it.

This makes it so that an idol can basically be bullied by haters and fake rumors until they decide to leave the group in order to protect the image of other members. I'm not saying this is what's happening with Miyuna or that she did nothing at all (because we don't know), but I'm saying that posting a bunch of rumors is harmful to the idols in the idol industry and gives the management leverage over an idol's career in an unfair way.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    @RokoPoko I agree with the principle of everything you said, but see, the dismissal came the day after these ‘leaks’ were posted. It would be an extreme coincidence if the ‘leaks’ were faked and the dismissal completely unrelated. So in this case I don't think it's rumor, it's someone malicious, with an agenda against some members, who did the hacking and posted it online. But since we have no official definite information, it's up to each person to believe what they prefer. I just think it's better to make up your mind in possession of as much data as possible.

Honest truth though? The rules themselves are toxic, the way the management (as you say) enforces them selectively depending on how much the members sell is also toxic, the Japanese style of firing and apologizing without revealing any information is super toxic. It's part of the unpalatable side that we have to stomach as we enjoy our hobby. Not much we can do about it… we can't even exert market pressure, being a tiny niche of the market, the management has already made it abundantly clear they don't give half a thought for overseas fans. It is what it is, sadly. In some cases like Miyuna, we can at least hope she picks a path with fewer issues next time.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. RokoPoko

RokoPoko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hattoriyuna
    The dismissal came several days after one certain "leak". You mentioned rumors that were started (and debunked) years ago and mentioned all you could find all at once. The context of what you presented at that point is muddled, now. It implies that all rumors started have some kind of truth, now that one rumor seems to be true. But lies can be completely made from nothing.

"It's up to each person to believe what they prefer" is exactly why I'm saying it's dangerous to spread things that you don't know could be completely made up. For example, Miyuna has had her ears pierced since elementary school (she wore earrings for certain dance performances). For some people in Japan, getting your ears pierced at such a young age makes you look like a "wild" or "bad" girl. Now, that person is more likely to believe that Miyuna would break rules and they might believe something that is completely made up. I think it's worse that people "believe what they prefer" when it can lead to unnecessary bullying to someone else. You talk about being in possession of "as much data as possible", but the absence of data and the presence of completely made up data ruins the ability to make an informed decision or analysis.

I used to rely on translators before and followed Hello! Project. It took years for me to figure out that the person I was relying on did not like my oshi in S/mileage and was unfaithfully translating her blogs and made her look like a worse person. He didn't talk about certain blogs or things she said at MCs that made her sound nice. He also made her sound harsher or put words in her mouth, explaining that the "way she said it in Japanese carries these implications". He did not have to be "malicious" or have "an agenda", his biases could just lead him to thinking the worst of the person he already did not like.

I don't think there's some big conspiracy or targeted attack going around, but rumors or pictures on the internet survive for years and years and it is very difficult to know what is part of any current "leak". People "resurface" things and embellish things because it adds to the "excitement" and "drama" around a situation. But there are idols that are annoyed or even hurt by lies being thrown around for years. I've seen Hina, Ruko, Yano, Saki, Fuu, Maiha, and countless other idols outside of STU complain about this exact thing.

Sorry if I sound like mad or something, I'm really just being picky when it comes to what you said. What you posted is not really harmful and you were obviously right in thinking that people wanted details. I figured that there were people hungry for details too, but I just wanted to say why I did not give any details since the situation is really unclear. I try to just only talk about what idols talk about and I avoid 5ch and matome sites because it's filled with people just trying to boost their oshimen, and they bring other less popular idols down to do so.

The idol industry is already a niche (otaku) industry, and STU is a pretty unpopular group, so the management are more free to just ignore what idols want as they become more replaceable. This can lead to a really bad culture among the fanbase. For example, fans that like to trick young idols into giving them extra attention under the guise of deserving it because they "spend more money". I've seen stuff like this happen with underground idols. Selectively enforcing rules makes it so that idols do not really know how they should act. That's why it is up to the management to protect the idols, especially young and gullible ones, from doing something stupid. It definitely is sad, but yeah, market pressure doesn't work when the group does not really sell in the first place. And it is much more "exciting" to pry into the details of one person's life and judge them than worry about protecting their future.

• Like Like x 4