1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Tano Yuka (Tanochan) / 12th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Lariemeeva, May 27, 2011.

1. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    ok, I'm game .... give me the pics ;) ...... please

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  2. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 2
  3. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Here you go, Tano photographed by Yatsuya Yokokawa!

8th may 7.jpg 8th may 8.jpg 8th may 9.jpg 8th may 10.jpg 8th may 11.jpg 8th may 12.jpg 8th may 13.jpg 8th may 14.jpg 8th may 15.jpg 8th may 16.jpg 8th may 17.jpg 8th may 18.jpg 8th may 19.jpg 8th may 20.jpg 8th may 21.jpg 8th may 22.jpg 8th may 23.jpg 8th may 24.jpg 8th may 25.jpg

As always, she looks absolutely stunning even though especially the last outfit is strange [hehe]

Also, back on the topic of the 12th Gen Anniversary Stage, Tano joked about joining AKB48 again. Hirari joined in, but Tomu told the both of them "please don't, you're only needed for today." She tried to make it seem like they were too old but realised "oh I'm older than both of you," and then told them honestly that the staff may be pleased to have them back (because they're amazing at singing and dancing), but the members might not be. Hirari said that their juniors never sat with either Hirari or Tano, and they said that the juniors were often scared of them. They asked Tomu, shocked, "do senpais not get angry at their kouhais anymore?" and Tomu said that they will point out mistakes, but nobody's as harsh as they were. Tano then said, "If I come back, Komiharu might kill me" and Tomu laughed and said "I tried not to name anyone."

I didn't know Hirari very well, but at least when it comes to Tano I'm not very surprised that apparently the younger members found her intimidating. Tano has always made it very evident how much she values talent and skill over anything else. In terms of kouhais, she was closest with Yasuda Kana, Yokoyama Yui (8) and Taniguchi Megu. I haven't paid much attention to Megu, as I'm more of a Team K kinda girl, but I know Kanabun and Yokochan are rather talented as well. She also made a unit with Yumoto Ami and Ichikawa Manami for the 2017 Janken Taikai called "Dancing Cats" – a little throwback for everyone [hehe]
    g3550445.jpg g3572754.jpg

Little fun fact: Ami is now one of Komiharu's closest friends. Both Ami and Manami are both members of Komiharu Team K.

In any case, Tano (and Hirari) was/were apparently quite strict with their juniors during rehearsals and they were scared of them in turn. Komiharu has never really been known for her singing or dancing. That's okay, her passion lies in fashion and modelling and AKB48 offers opportunities of all kinds, but I guess the two must have clashed if they ever practised together. However, Team K used to be known for its powerful dancers. For Komi, then, to receive the captaincy position for Team K, which was Tano's most important dream in AKB48, must have created a massive shift between the two of them.

This is super weird to me, as Tano Yuka is my kami-oshi, but I consider Komiharu my oshimen amongst currently active members. I always knew they were quite opposite, but I don't know what to make of this situation. Tano, Tomu and Hirari talked of it very lightly, it was more joking than serious, but there was still a degree of truth to it :fear: Tano has always said she left AKB48 because of the team shuffle, but maybe it was less the fact that Team K members were swapped out and more the fact that it was Komiharu in particular who got the captaincy role

• Like Like x 3
  4. jessiejinx

jessiejinx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu (Cuca)
    i remember watching the shuffle when Komiharu got captain and seeing tano heartbroken (broke my heart too)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I'm going to play the devil's advocate, and say that if the kouhai really were scared of Tano it might be a (valid) reason not to choose her as a captain

Not sure if that happend, it might be, but if I was Tano my ire would be directed at management, not at the person chosen by management (unless Tano would think she got the captaincy by unfair or underhanded means)
    If it had to do with favouritism, by for example Miichan (as Komiharu is one of the Minechiru), she should have been mad at/annoyed with Miichan
    (and yeah, I think Miichan tried to be impartial, but she definitely has/had her favourites, it's human to have them)

in all honesty, if they had made Tano Team K captain, they should done that about 2 or 3 years earlier, and maybe not move Miichan to Team K, that might have strengthened the sporty/cool image of Team K
    (were to put Miichan in that case, any team but Team 4 I guess, and create some sort of position overseeing/coaching Team 8 or just the really young kouhai for her, as that what she proved to be good at)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  6. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    While I agree to a certain extent, I've also read that the seniors are disappointed with the lack of drive in younger members. They don't try very hard and it takes a long time for members to get promoted. See for example Homma Mai, who was a Kenkyuusei for an entire four years.

[HIDE]
    • 4th Generation: 13.86 months
      • Shortest KKS period: 9 months (Saeki Mika)
      • Longest KKS period: 27 months (Oya Shizuka)
    • 5th Generation: 14.33 months
      • Shortest KKS period: 9 months (Miyazaki Miho & Kitahara Rie)
      • Longest KKS period: 22 months (Uchida Mayumi & Ishida Haruka)
    • 6th Generation: 12 months
      • Shortest KKS period: 8 months (Takajo Aki)
      • Longest KKS period: 16 months (Nonaka Misato)
      • Note: Only two members got promoted
    • 7th Generation: 8 months
      • Shortest KKS period: 8 months (All)
      • Note: All members were promoted at the 2009 Shuffle
    • 9th Generation: 14.78 months
      • Shortest KKS period: 13 months (Yokoyama Yui)
      • Longest KKS period: 15 months (all the rest)
      • Note: All members except Yokoyama Yui were promoted at the 5th Anniversary (Original Team 4)
    • 10th Generation: 18 months
      • Shortest KKS period: 11 months (Nakamata Shiori)
      • Longest KKS period: 26 months (Izuta Rina & Kobayashi Marina)
    • 11th Generation: 19.8 months
      • Shortest KKS period: 10 months (Suzuki Shiori)
      • Longest KKS period: 23 months (Morikawa Ayaka, Natori Wakana, Kojima Natsuki)
    • 12th Generation: 17.29 months
      • Shortest KKS period: 11 months (Iwata Karen, Tano Yuka, Takahashi Juri)
      • Longest KKS period: 24 months (Sasaki Yukari, Omori Miyuu, Hirata Rina)
    • 13th Generation: 20.82 months
      • Shortest KKS period: 11 months (Mitsumune Kaoru & Oshima Ryoka)
      • Longest KKS period: 23 months (all the rest)
    • 14th Generation: 13 months
      • Shortest KKS period: 13 months (All)
      • Note: All promoted at the 2013 Tokyo Dome Concert
    • 15th Generation: 7.67 months
      • Shortest KKS period: 6 months (Taniguchi Megu, Iino Miyabi)
      • Longest KKS period: 8 months (all the rest)
      • Note: All promoted at the 2014 Daisokaku Matsuri, except Megu and Miyabi, who joined the group after the shuffle
    • 1st Draft: 5 months
      • Shortest KKS period: 5 months (All)
      • Note: All promoted at the 2014 Daisokaku Matsuri
    • 2nd Draft : 26.2 months
      • Shortest KKS period: 11 months (Hiwatashi Yui)
      • Longest KKS period: 30 months (All the rest)
      • Note: All members promoted at a 2017 Café event, except Yui.
    • 16th Generation: 20.2 months
      • Shortest KKS period: 12 months (Taguchi Manaka, Muto Orin, Yasuda Kana, Asai Nanami, Inagaki Kaori, Yamauchi Mizuki, Maeda Ayaka)
      • Longest KKS period: 48 months (Homma Mai)
    • 3rd Draft: 26.54 months
      • Shortest KKS period: 13 months (Omori Maho, Tada Kyoka, Yahagi Moeka)
      • Longest KKS period: 37 months (Furukawa Nazuna, Nagano Megumi, Ishiwata Sena, Kuramoto Miyuu, Yoshiashi Yuzuka, Honda Sora)
    [/HIDE]

The members with the shortest Kenkyuusei period are all members from 1st Draft (2013) with all members promoted after 5 months. With the exception of 13th Gen, every generation's average was below 20 months. However, it's become normal for members who joined after 2015 to be Kenkyuusei for +2 years.

[HIDE]
    1. Homma Mai (48 months) – 16th Gen (2016)
    2. Furukawa Nazuna, Nagano Megumi, Ishiwata Sena, Kuramoto Miyuu, Yoshihashi Yuzuka (37 months) – 3rd Draft (2018)
    3. Sato Minami, Michieda Saki (33 months) - 16th Gen (2016)
    4. Chiba Erii, Nishikawa Rei, Kubo Satone, Yamabe Ayu (30 months) – 2nd Draft (2015)
    5. Kurosu Haruka (29 months) – 16th Gen (2016)
    6. Oya Shizuka (27 months) – 4th Gen (2007)
    7. Izuta Rina, Kobayashi Marina (26 months) – 10th Gen (2010)
    8. Kato Rena (24 months) – 10th Gen (2010)
    9. Sasaki Yukari, Omori Miyuu, Hirata Rina (24 months) – 12th Gen (2011)
    10. Yamane Suzuha, Nagatomo Ayami (24 months) – 16th Gen (2016)
    [/HIDE]

The average, overall, is 15.8 months. If you don't count 16th Gen, 2nd Draft and 3rd Draft, the average drops down to 9.7 months.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think you need to find a middle ground. Maybe Tano was too harsh, but currently, everyone's a bit too soft and there is no sense of danger. All of 7th Gen was promoted super early because they were in danger of being fired during the Kenkyuusei selection process (which is why nobody from 8th Gen made it). They do need a bit of danger to work hard, AKB48 is currently too established and the new members don't feel the need to work super hard.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Ow, I agree with that assessment, in a way the later generations had their bed made for them and that probably made some or a lot of them complacent
    Add to that the change in goals, the original gens fought to be a successful group, I bet some of the later gens just fought to be in the group.
    What probably didn’t help much as well was the perceived unassailability of the older gens, taking a lot of the Senbatsu spots

There’s a reason why Mariko famously told the younger gens to ‘come after her spot’ at the SSK

btw, I think Tano might just have been too cool for AKB, even for Team K (or more likely, to put it better, 'too cool for the Japanese wotas')

for what it's worth, you mentioned the 8th gen, but it has of course been rumoured original Team 4 got disbanded for not working hard enough

for sure, when you look at how few 'make it' it must be logical for members to look at the others in their generation who either get a push or be successful (or both) and think 'I'm never going to get a better ranking' and either give up or just resolve themselves to their current rank

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  8. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Particularly in the case of D2, I don't think lack of trying hard is the reason members like e.g. Satone and Rei took forever to be promoted. Senatan (D3) also has a reputation for being ambitious and hard working and yet it took her 37 months to be promoted. Don't blame the girls for management's pennypinching. And Homma Mai is a massive outlier even within her own gen, using her as an example is... highly questionable.

D1 didn't have a KKS period. The fact that management added one for D2 (before they auditioned) should tell you all you need to know about their changing financial priorities.

Yeah it definitely wasn't the scandals and personality conflicts.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I didn't know AKB48 at the time, so I only went with what's on the wiki. Why does it say they were promoted at the Daisokaku Matsuri if they didn't have a KKS period?

I will also agree that in some cases, I'm sure it's due to management being stingy and not promoting them because it's cheaper. However, senior members have still criticised newer members. With the lack of new generations coming in, they don't have as much competition, they don't have to work against the even newer members stealing their fans, and they don't feel the need to work towards becoming popular as a group like original members, as @dutchie pointed out.

10. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    They had a training period following the draft, but they were never considered kenkyuusei. Looking it up on the other wiki, it seems they added some additional complications to what was originally announced, but it was still not the same system that all the other members had to deal with.

I think that's a load of BS, frankly. Particularly now (maybe it was more accurate back in e.g. Kato Rena's heyday). They still have to compete against those very seniors who are criticising them (even the ones who've left already), the groups' popularity is nosediving, their fans are leaving rather than being stolen. Seniors always criticise their juniors for not working hard enough, and they're nearly always hypocrites for doing so, having both forgotten how hard their own early days were as well as having zero clue how many more things their juniors have to deal with on top of that. We see the past through foggy rose-coloured goggles.

11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

True. And being constantly criticized by the fans. It was only after it was disbanded that a nostalgia started building up around team 4.

I think recruitment is an issue too, looking back on it, the AKB recruits from D1, 2 and 3 have overall been underwhelming, especially D3 which probably goes to show that fans suck at picking members. 16th gen was ok but there were still too many also-rans, Honma Mai wasn't the only member that sucked, it's just that the others like Harima, Noguchi and Izumin had the sense to quit early. There are some members in 16th gen with untapped potential but the other problem is management has been lacking for a long time.

I recall a lot of bad handshake reports back in the day about Tano and if a member gets a bad HS reputation then their progress in inevitably going to stall. Thinking back about stage MC's and AKBingo appearances and things like that, it always seemed like Tano was bad at "reading the room" or something.

12. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I met her twice, in 2016 & 2018. I’d heard bad reports about her so I didn’t have high hopes for the first meeting but in fact she was very nice and friendly. However the second one was just after she'd announced graduation and her mood was different, she was very quiet and she seemed somewhat unhappy. She was still polite towards me and I still felt positive about meeting her but less so than the first time.

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    They did a solo documentary about her called Namida no Riyuu. It was broadcast on TV for free, so it shouldn't be an issue for me to post this? I hope

It does admit to Tano losing motivation to try hard during variety shows and stuff because she thought she deserved better, considering how well she could perform. She was aware of that and thought it was what mattered most. You can see her being sulky on stage of some events that were more talk show/variety than they were performance based.

It's also always funny to me that Tano was "punished" by fans for not being overly friendly at handshakes, but then you get Paruru who was ironically loved for this. I feel like Paruru is more of an exception than a rule, but I do really wonder sometimes why people were so willing to forgive her for this, but others (like Tano) lost their fans because of it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    well, I'm going to chime in again ... I think it has to do with vibe .... Paruru was famously salty ... but it seemed to be the result of being really quiet, shy and lack of self confidence
    Tano otoh overflowed with confidence, extremely pretty, good dancer .... she basically had it all, which makes her kinda daunting and if she isn't perceived to be overly friendly at handshakes, she might appear to be 'stuck up' and people are less likely to forgive her for that
    let's face it, lots of Japanese people still have a rather conservative view of the role of women in society, Paruru fit that view (even though she was 'salty') better than Tano I think.

btw, I think handshake performance is not the single metric to judge an idol by

15. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 2
  16. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    She looks so skinny in this pic
    (but I've seen other recent pics, must be just the pose)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Tanochan appears at the end (from 3:40) of the MV of 'Fureaitai' released today by the progressive rock group Osage:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  18. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    You can tell the Jamie musical is a really expensive production. Rehearsals have been going on for months and finally it's started! There's a bunch of merch available on the horipro website, but it's mostly very non-descript, like a bag saying "Jamie" on it and stuff. The only item that you can get with Tano clearly visible on it are the acrylic photo cards. I cropped out Tano's picture, but it's very low quality! Best to get the actual card ^^

6th august 1.jpg
    https://horipro-shop.com/products/detail/803

There are two teams for this musical, switching up who will perform on what day. Tano's team's shonichi was on the 9th of August and her genmates Iwata Karen and Hirata Rina went to see the musical~ Rina even took two pictures of Tano on stage.

9th august 1.jpg 9th august 2.jpg 9th august 3.jpg 9th august 4.jpg
    (credit to Karen's and Rina's respective twitter accounts)

Here are some pictures Tano posted on her twitter where she's wearing costumes from the Jamie musical:
    7th august 1.jpg 8th august 1.jpg 11th august 1.jpg 11th august 2.jpg 13th august 1.jpg 13th august 2.jpg 13th august 3.jpg

And some pictures with other cast members:
    8th august 2.jpg 9th august 5.jpg 9th august 6.jpg

Friday Digital interview Tano and also Tamura Meimei. Both of them are cast members of the Jamie musical.
    3rd august 1.jpg Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 09.05.15.jpg Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 09.19.13.jpg
    https://friday.kodansha.co.jp/article/196138
    Finally, another digest video from the musical

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last but not least, entirely unrelated; Tano modelled again for Droptokyo. Here are the official images from their website
    2nd august 1.jpg 2nd august 2.jpg 2nd august 3.jpg 2nd august 4.jpg 2nd august 5.jpg 2nd august 6.jpg 2nd august 7.jpg
    https://droptokyo.com/freshsnaps/ID/?id=296783#6

And here are some extras from Tano's social media
    2nd august 8.jpg 2nd august 9.jpg 2nd august 10.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    AKB48 members filled out a poll about the best singers, best dancers and strictest member of ALL48 history. Tano Yuka ranked on two of them [hehe]

FGKd9NNXMAAv7sh.jpeg FGKitIbWYAMFpKR.jpeg

2nd in the list of best dancers and 4th among strictest members (tied with Honda Hitomi and Akimoto Sayaka)

• Like Like x 6