1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa
  2. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

Would a mod please correct two thread names (delete the "u" in their last names) ? :)
    Endou Sakura -> Endo Sakura (thread link)
    Satou Rika -> Sato Rika (thread link)

3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Those are always problematic. From the wiki:

Kana えんどう さくら
    Romaji Endō Sakura

Kana さとう りか
    Romaji Satō Rika

I have always been a fan of the macron, but we don't use it.

Comments?

4. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

It's is written, like suggested, on the official website and in the wiki48 as well.
    I was once told here that Tano Yuka is written without the second "u" (Yuuka) because she doesn't uses it herself. So I think we should proceed with this.

@Mana s answer from page 203 in the Organization&Discussion thread:
    ,,Actually, the spelling of her name was changed to Tano Yuka in the past (removing the other u) because this is how she officially writes it herself on all her social medias. and I recently helped to fix all the remaining 'Tano Yuuka' that were on wiki48 so that it can be written the same everywhere, haha."

Last edited: May 21, 2022
  5. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I don't know how they write their own names, but I am a fan of using the official website.

遠藤 さくら
    えんどう さくら

endo sakura

https://www.nogizaka46.com/s/n46/artist/48006?ima=4659 (Japanese language version)

佐藤 璃果
    さとう りか
    sato rika

https://www.nogizaka46.com/s/n46/artist/55384?ima=5145

I will change them, but I will wait for other comments before I do. (But if I follow the official website, I won't use capital letters. :) )

P.S. If you are going to quote Mana, you should read more of her posts: Here is another from the wiki thread.

http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Hattori_Yuna
    - Please change her nickname to 'Yuuna' instead of 'Yuna', it's a long 'u' (in japanese it's written 'ゆうな')

Last edited: May 21, 2022
  6. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    On both of the websites you linked, the English/romaji spelling is without a 'u' so that should mean the case is closed. It's got the う in the Furigana spelling of the names, but that's because Japanese is a phonetic language and the same can't be said about English. Prime example are names with a long o at the start, e.g. Oshima. We don't spell this Ooshima, as they do in Japanese, because it would be pronounced differently in English.

We've had this discussion on the wiki a lot as well, and we've mostly agreed, as @FlowingColors pointed out, that we'd use the official spelling as per used by the members – this usually coincides with how the website spells it in romaji as well.

7. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    If anything, ou is five times worse than oo, because English can't make up its bloody mind how to pronounce those two letters together :^^;:

For that reason I'd personally suggest never using "ou" for long o even when the official sources do. Not even Traditional Hepburn (which uses aa, ii, ei, for long a, i, e respectively) allows for ou.

At any rate I'm fairly certain these names have already been fixed on the wiki for ages, the threads just need to be updated.

8. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Someone is a little late to the party. If you had clicked on the links, you would have seen that I changed them already. When no one commented within 24 hours, I took that as no one wanted to argue for the u.

P.S. I am still a fan of the macron ō, as used in the wiki.

9. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    If you didn't want people to comment their opinions any longer, you could have edited your post. I don't really check how much time has passed since someone's made a post.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    As Oba Mina has now had her delayed graduation from SKE48 could her threads now be moved please.

11. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    You would think that would be easy, but I put her in the wrong forum, not once, but twice!

• Like Like x 1
  12. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I moved Janista Tansiri to graduated without anyone telling me to.:)

P.S. the wiki was also updated today, but not by me, obviously.

13. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Could somebody please move the thread for Kitano Hinako in Nogizaka46 who graduated in April? Thanks!

14. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Team N's Nakagawa Mion and Minami Haasa no longer appear on the NMB48 website so could their threads please be moved to Graduated.

mod edit: done

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2022
  15. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The thread for the SKE48 30th single has the wrong label - it has 'Stage' when it should have 'Single'.

[fixed]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2022
  16. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Just noticed that Watanabe Risa's thread needs to be moved to the Graduated board (her profile is no longer of the official Sakurazaka46 site).

Likewise Yamazaki Rena of Nogizaka46.

17. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Done and not done. Tuesday's post about Watnabe Risa opening twitter and her own website should have been a hint for me to look at the official website. However, Yamzaki Rena is still on the official website.

Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 2.09.31 PM.jpg

18. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Please move Cristine Jan Elaurza's (Team MII) and Jennifer Nandy Villaruel's (Team NIV) threads, they have already graduated from the group

19. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Done and done. For future reference, it would be helpful if you and others provided the generation, as we use that in the title, as well as some official confirmation.

Given that MNL48 has one of the worst websites, it is hard to get information from them. For example, they llst members from their last general election, but I can't find the teams.

I know they have a facebook page, but all I can find there is Abby's birthday.

Also, the graduation announcement which you posted in her thread (which I had already seen) used her nickname, not her real name. While I know a few of the nicknames, I don't know them all. That too would have made my job easier.

P.S. I do know about nicknames. My relatives include Babes or Baby, Bok, Nini, Chu Chu, Queenie, among others. One relative uses her initials (which can be sounded out) and another has the same name as a popular children's ride at Disneyland. I know their real names, but I don't know the MNL48 real names, except for Abby.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  20. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    A Mod has just removed a video of AKB48's performance at TIF yesterday which I posted today on Komiharu's thread as it's paid content. That's fine, I understand, and I have no problem with that - except that a video of the performance can still be found in this post in the AKB48 General Thread and there are also videos of SG performances from TIF in other threads. Could somebody please explain what's happening here?