1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    So does Milky or Buggy (バギー).

2. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    ラッキー => Lucky

It's a nickname, don't think about it too hard. Either way is fine.

Except Zukky or Zucky aren't English words like those are. Yes, the final -ii can be and often is written -y, to the point that it should be considered a normal (if casual) variation. But this isn't really the same as Milky or computer.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've just been looking at results from a Google search and there's no consistent spelling, Zukkii, Zukky and Zukki all appear pretty much equally so I don't think there's a definitive answer (in autographs she always seems to write her name as 'Mizuki'). I'd prefer Zukkii but as @wlerin says it's just a nickname so I'm not all that bothered.

4. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Zukky or Zucky aren't Japanese either. As you've said, they're just nicknames.

5. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Update on where I stand.

1) we are talking about the official title of her thread, not what someone might call her in a thread on S48.

2) If I make a change, any other mod or admin can change it back or to something else.

3) I think the forum should agree with the wiki, so if you don't like Zukkii, you should post in the wiki thread.

4) I also think we should respect the long vowel at the end and use Zukkii, not Zukki in the thread title.

5) Only one other mod has spoken, suggesting "Zucky," but then says just kldding, please no. Just speculating, but perhaps he was worried that some people might rhyme it with Lucky and pronounce it "Sucky."

In the single thread, Lionel said we should be creative, and I agree. One of my favorite nicknames is "The Landlord," which I use myself, but I would never put it in her thread title. One of the posters in this thread suggested (indirectly) elsewhere that we should use Italian, which leads me to suggest "Zucchini" as her nickname (although only Zucchi was suggested by that poster); again, Zucchini is not going in her thread title.

6. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    1. Except "what someone might call her in a thread" is exactly what started this whole conversation. No one cared about the thread title before that, because the nicknames in thread titles are largely inconsequential. This is hardly the only one that doesn't match the wiki.

3. Wiki needs to be correct. As the thread title only uses one nickname, and one form of that nickname, some discrepancies are to be expected.

4. Zukky is another way of writing Zukkii. English final -y is equivalent to Japanese final -ii. That was largely the point of what Aka and I wrote.

5. Zucky is unfortunately the most common official spelling. Most English readers absolutely would pronounce it like Lucky, which is terrible.

6. This isn't about being creative. It's about not being overly pedantic about something that's already correct enough. Again, I don't really object to changing the thread title. It's the difference between writing half a dozen and six. What I object to is why the change is being proposed.

Anyway,
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/yamauchi-mizuki-zucchi.17063/
    There you go I fixed it for you.

That's Shiichan.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Now that Furuhata Nao's profile has been removed from the SKE48 website could her thread please be moved from the Team KII board to the Graduated one?

mod edit: done

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2022
  8. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    ^Thanks. One more graduated member whose thread needs to be moved please - Nishimura Nanako of NGT48.

mod edit: done as well

9. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2022
  10. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Japanese doesn't have a 'y', so it'll come out either way when you write it in romaji.

If you want to be nitpicky, Sasshi's nickname in romaji should also be Sasshii because it's さっしー. Nobody writes it like that in romaji though.

Zukky works better with her catchphrase Lucky Zukky, personally I think the spelling of Zukkii looks nicer. On the other hand is Kobayashi Ran, who also calls herself Lucky Ran, which makes more sense in Katakana (rakkii ran). There will always be discrepancies simply due to the fact that Katakana and Latin have different letters available to them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've just sort of randomly found myself posting to the thread of former BNK48 member Plearnpichaya Komalarajun (Juné) which should have been moved to the Graduated board last year so could it be moved now please?

Mod: Done (and the gallery too)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2022
  12. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

Would some mod please change Isarapa Thawapakdee's (BNK48) nickname from '' Ta-Waan '' to '' Tarwaan ''? It's written like that on the Wiki48 and by BNK themself (see hashtag - link)

Mod: Done

In addition:
    Please add a '' u '' to Yoda Yuuki's name. (She written with a doppel U on Nogis website and on her Instagram account)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2022
  13. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Yes, this really needs to be changed, also because "Yoda Yuki" is actually her mother's name lol -
    "She shares nearly the same name as her mother - her mother being Yoda Yuki, while she is Yuuki."
    http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Yoda_Yuuki

14. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

I think it wasn't done by the mod because I probably edited my post in the same moment as her/him, so she/he just didn't see it.[hehe]

15. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. kojimako

kojimako Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Kojima Mako
    Twitter:
    48keran
    please move HKT48's murakawa vivian's page to the graduated section, as her profile has been removed from the website :D

Mod here: done, and the gallery as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2022
  17. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

@sscrla @dutchie @Cristafari

[​IMG]

So I see in 2022 we are still doing this crap cause somebody takes their rating on here way too seriously smh.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I'd love to answer that, but the image is so small that I have no idea what this is about

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Fixed.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Hrmm.
    Would that someone be you?

• Winner Winner x 2