1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

They released 2 singles this year compared to only one last year, so I guess it was expected.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TiduShoko

TiduShoko Member

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Twitter:
    TiduAura
    First of all, happy 17th anniversary, AKB48!!

I just saw they announced their spring concerts and since I will be in Japan, I would like to apply.

I saw they will close the fanclub in December 31st, so you can't be a member if you want to make an account right now, so I can't apply in fanclub slot.

I also saw they renewed AKB48 Mobile. I use AKB48 Mail app so I would like to know how to be an AKB48 Mobile's member. I tried the credit card option but I can't pay. My credit card is a VISA. Someone tried it? Do you have the same problem as me?

As for 映像倉庫 I don't think I'll have any problem with it. But I would like to increase my chances with AKB48 mobile too.

I'm sorry if it's not the thread I should post it...

3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    @TiduShoko I've successfully joined the new Hashira No Kai FC and applied for tickets for the spring concerts so I'm happy to say that it's possible. :)

I used to be a member of the old 'Twin Pillars' FC for which I got an AKB48 Group ID. When it closed I didn't join the AKB48 Mobile FC as I had no plans to visit Japan while the country remained closed to tourists.

When the new FC was recently announced I joined it because I'm now planning to visit Japan. I'm sorry I can't remember the exact joining method but ISTR I went to https://www.akb48.co.jp/hashiranokai, I entered my Group ID and password, and then I went through the joining procedure which wasn't too difficult.

As for applying for tickets I had to link my Ticket Center account to my new one for the FC. It's far from helpful but I did find some instructions that said that for the time being only 'AKB48 Mobile' appears in the Ticket Center but it *does* include Hashira No Kai. Anyway, I found myself at this page:

https://www.akb48.co.jp/hashiranokai/ticket/benefits

On the next page there's two blue buttons - click on the lower one, then you need to log in again. You then go through a linking procedure which was reasonably straightforward for me but it won't let me do it again so I can't exactly explain it, however I soon found myself back at the Ticket Center main page.

In spite of doing that nothing had changed - my membership wasn't showing and I still couldn't apply for tickets. I tried logging out of the Ticket Center and back in again - and all was well! My membership was showing and I was able to apply for tickets.

Hopefully all will go well for you - Good Luck and please send me a DM if you need any help.

EDIT: I've remembered you asked about credit cards - I used my UK AMEX card for the FC membership without any problems. I also had to enter it for the ticket applications and again it was accepted. (Payment is only taken for successful applications.)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. TiduShoko

TiduShoko Member

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Twitter:
    TiduAura
    I used my friend's credit card and I could pay and also could link my Ticket Center account to my AKB48 Mobile! So I just applied YAY thank you for explaining about it! If both win let's meet there! (I only applied for AKB48 concert. I don't know if there are more possibilities if you only apply for one concert.)

I don't know which problem they had with my credit card, though...

• Like Like x 1
  5. welp

welp Next Girls

• Like Like x 2
  6. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    If only AKB48 could get viral on Tiktok like Fujii Kaze
    20221207_182913.jpg
    JKT48 is hyping again in Indonesia because their songs going viral on Tiktok

7. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Hiichan, Miion and Erii send greetings to AKB48 Team SH on their 4th Anniversary in the first 30 seconds of this video which involves other 48 groups:

EDIT: Video was deleted and re-uploaded:

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  8. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

That's exactly what they need, but DH and Akimoto-sensei need to deliver a TikTok friendly song first :/

9. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    So, they have to find a way to sneak HS tickets with digital release.

10. welp

welp Next Girls

Did you see his latest showa-ish girl group, Blueberry Soda? How can such person understand what is tiktok friendly?
    DH got it so wrong when it hired BTS' choreographer. It should have hired BTS' music producer instead.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Didn't they get a semi-viral thing going on with Saikyou Twintail but management, to no one's surprise, failed to capitalize on it?

Haven't recent polls have shown that there are still some interest in AKB from young women demographic? The pop up AKB cafe in Shibuya had young ladies lining up.

Sometimes it just feels management is not trying anymore.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 12
    • Informative Informative x 2
  12. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

This.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    They tried so hard to make Rumor a tiktok hit and it kind of was but not at the level of a “viral” sensation.

15. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    What's a Tiktok friendly song anyway?

JKT48 version of Koichun got viral on Indonesian Tiktok last year. Thanks to a Tiktok celebrity who used the song on a video of her

17. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

Generally, it's a song with catchy melody and easy choreography, specially "hand choreography", that's how most songs go viral on Tiktok, by doing these so-called "challenges". These songs are also usually shorter (3:30 min max) as well, that's why "Hisashiburi no Lipgloss" promotions with SNS-like MVs and short videos looks a bit counter-productive as the song has more than 5 minutes. As it was previously noted on this thread, TikTok is huge in Japan right now and most artists invited to Kouhaku this year went viral on TikTok so DH shouldn't underestimate the app's utility. AKB has a TikTok account, but I don't think they also need a "TikTok-friendly a-side" to better promote themselves. It's not that easy to go viral on such a huge platform, but at least they should try it.

18. welp

welp Next Girls

To think about it. In comparison to T-pop or K-pop system, being semi-viral usually means more festival performance gigs or tie-in online contents or something in those veins.
    Tie-in online content does not seem to be a thing in J-pop. J-pop is badly lacking in online content game to begin with.
    I don't follow the group close enough to the point of knowing performance gig schedules but, the group might already have some? I also don't really know about COVID restriction in Japan.

One has to be more popular for anything more substantial such as, serious endorsement/sponsorship, significant fandom growth, appearances on popular TV shows.

In my opinion, DH has tried but not enough nor well-coordinated. An example is Hisashiburi Lip Gloss.

- DH chose the girl more popular on SNS, among young girls especially, as the center. But, nothing else about this single seemed SNS or young girls friendly. The song is unusually long, not upbeat and sounds dated. And, where is fashionable costume? Also, has AKB been more active on SNS and Youtube? How can one make use of online marketing when it is not active on SNS?

19. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    The vertical MV was fun and cute, but have to agree they need to modernize the music to be a bit more catchy either for a side or b side. I was hoping something that have the same spirit as Keyaki Futari Saison/IVE After like/Stayc Poppy. Those are rlly catchy without needing to do girl crush/dance type of song

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. welp

welp Next Girls

I listened to this

and compared to this

You can hear that the song will sound brighter and catchier just by placing the vocal key higher. However, a high vocal key is difficult to sing, especially with dancing on top of it, and much vocal training will be needed. (You may not be aware how high the key is until you try singing along.)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1