1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Wiki - Organization & Discussion

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by aakun, Aug 3, 2010.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Over 5 1/2 years ago, I wrote in this thread (on page 108) about representing long vowels "There should be a published rule that the wiki follows." Several pages of discussion followed, and I was under the impression that a consensus was reached.

My questions today for the wiki users, is there a published rule you follow when writing for the wiki? If so, do you then act as a editor and edit the posts of other wiki users who don't follow the published rule? And finally, can you share the published rule you follow?

2. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

Yahho~
    Some things I found/noticed:

- Okuda Irohas Trivia lists her favorite colors twice. (Please delete the one that that only says Deep green)
    - Kitano Hinako said in one of her videos (at 1:59 / if I understood correcty) that her height is more like 158,5cm to 159cm, rather than 158cm.
    - Kawahara Misakis favorite colors are: Light blue, gray and white (and transparent, referring to glasswares - I don't think that needs to be added:^^;:) <- Info from one of her recent Insta-stories
    - Cherprang Areekul: The first sentence says "Cherprang (Cherprang Areekul) [...]". Shouldn't it be "Cherprang Areekul [...]" like it's done on all other profiles?
    - Now two members I'm not sure about: Hoop, as the website says, is only member of Team BIII, while Paeyah (BNK profile) is only a member of Team NV. (Can a BNK fan here confirm?)
    - Kaofrang: In the first sentence her name is mistyped with two "n". Please delete one.

Have a nice day:flower:

3. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Do you mean the "List of current and former members who have married"? I can't think of a page that includes the word 'children' in the title. But I did add it to that page plus Yuko's individual page.

I follow the official romanisation that members and/or the official website use. I wasn't a wiki editor back then and just read some of it. I'm against the use of macrons in title pages because that would make it impossible to search for members with long vowels, unless you copy and paste the letter with the macron into the search bar. This is an issue I've noticed with SGO48 members, as they have special characters that I don't have on my German keyboard. I assume most other English speaking users (like the majority of this forum) don't have macrons on their keyboard.

Following the transcription of the individual member/the official website seems like the safest bet.

I'm actually inclined to actually change all the rest... what's the point in having Thai members listed by nicknames, only for the profiles to say their legal names? What do others think?

I do remember both of them getting promoted as kennin members to both teams. The only source I can find atm is 48RequestHour on twitter. This reddit post (check the first comment by OP) also mentions that they're part of both teams. I do feel like I remember BNK48 mentioning them as members of both teams during a concert setlist once. Maybe now they have more members, the members are both just part of one team each, but then the question is, when did this change?

I tried to check Wayback Machine but even as recent as December 2nd, their profiles still used to say "BNK48 Trainee" :confused:

Sorry, I think I'm blind. Could you let me know where exactly there's the double n? :^^;:

EDIT: I found the double n. I was looking for Kaofranng, not 'Yannisa' haha

4. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Do you mean the "List of current and former members who have married"? I can't think of a page that includes the word 'children' in the title. But I did add it to that page plus Yuko's individual page.

I put married with children in quotes for two reasons.

if the video does not show watch the video here

and the first two entries on that page both mention children.

Kawasaki Nozomi got married to male model Alexander on February 22, 2013. She had her first son on August 29, 2017 and a daughter on October 23, 2020.
    Nakanishi Rina got married in June 2013 and had a daughter, Airi.

5. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I know they mention members' kids on there... that's why I added Yuko's entry there. I was just checking there wasn't a page with the word 'children' in the title itself. Quotation marks, in this instance, sounded to me like "married with children" is the name of the page. Quotation marks could also mean that you are quoting literally what you're talking about, not referencing a song ;)

6. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  7. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Done! it's fixed now.

• Like Like x 1
  8. FlowingColors

I don't quite get what you mean? "Listed" like in the senbatsu for songs? I think it's better to keep the nicknames only, they're a lot easier to remember. :^^;:
    What I meant regarding Cherprang, was, that her first sentence (introduction sentence? What is that first sentence called?) says her nickname (basically her first name) and than her full name in brackets, while every other member uses the full name in bold (see Earn). Tho I think you understood what I meant, you haven't changed it so I want to be sure. ^^

I found this thai wiki (it was last edited 17 hours ago) and it also says that they're part of both teams. So I guess BNK just doesn't note that on their website. Means I take my request back, doesn't need to be changed.:lol: Thanks for also checking it!

My bad, should've pointed out that I meant her real name. Thank you for correcting it! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    We list them by nickname on pretty much every page now, including for example team pages as well.

What I meant is whether we should change other members' pages to say something like "Music (Praewa Suthamphong) was a member of BNK48" instead, so it matches with Cherprang's profile, rather than "Praewa Suthamphong was a member of BNK48"

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Here is how I think about S48 and W48; they are newspapers, with reporters and editors. As such, they have rules, which would include style guides on such items as whether to use Oxford commas (the MLA and Chicago are fans, the NY Times not so much). A typical newspaper has reporters to write stories while trying to remember the rules and editors to double check both facts and whether the rules were followed. The difference between S48/W48 and a real newspaper is that the S48/W48 reporters publish first and only get fact and rule checked by editors after the fact.

On S48, I have both roles. I can report/publish (post) just like any other registered member, but I also have a duty to enforce the rules on already published stories. For examples, the rules say no oversize images, but reporters (registered members) publish them anyway, which is why I typically delete a number of oversized images every week in my role as editor.

Similarly, on W48, wiki users have both roles. They can publish in the wiki, but they should also act as editors to correct what others have published if the new material violates the rules. Having clear rules is what those editing need (as do the authors).

I continually find flaws with the wiki, but in many cases, the fault lies more with the editing than the writing. It is easy for a typo to slip into a story, which is why the real burden falls on the editors to find and replace the typo.

Here is one simple example: I recently learned on the wiki that same sex marriage is legal in Japan (a female married another female). How did I find it? By reading the wiki with an editor's eye. I don't blame the author for the typo (it's easy to do if the language leaves out a lot of pronouns), but an editor should have caught and corrected the mistake.

11. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    If I work for a newspaper, I'm getting paid.

I'm sorry, but we have real lives and most of us (including myself) have full time jobs. I also have hobbies outside of Jpop, and real life relationships that I want to maintain. I'm not gonna spend my free time scouring the wiki for errors. When I spot them, I correct them, and @Mana once went through hundreds of pages to correct commas.

That being said, we're all volunteers and are doing what we can and most importantly, however much workload we are willing to put into this thing.

If you spot mistakes, you can come on here and link the page and point out the mistake, just like @FlowingColors did in their previous post, where they pointed out there were two 'n's in a member's name. I'm happy to correct those mistakes when I find the time.

But we are not paid editors, we are volunteering contributors to a fan created wiki page. I will not go into the wiki, reading page after page, to find mistakes and fix them. When I do notice them, I do fix them, but I will not go hunting for it. My emphasis also lies on the 'fan created' because no, I do not think we should establish rules about comma usage. This is a fan project, and nothing more.

I am proud of how much info is on the wiki, I'm not trying to downplay how important of a resource it is to many 48G fans, but at the end of the day, it is still a fan project, none of us are getting paid anything at all to contribute to the wiki. We should aim for readability, proper spelling and grammar, but pedantic little stuff like the oxford comma seems a bit much.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
  12. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I wasn't speaking of you, as you do so much. However, wiki editors ask to be wiki editors, and there are hundreds of them.

Perhaps one of them, not you, could add to Kizaki Yuira's page that she has a new company, infini8.

https://infini8.store/

It was posted in the graduated members page as well as her own.

P.S. Note that no other editor responded to me: they all waited for you.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2023
  13. FlowingColors

@sscrla
    Maybe you and your great flaw-detector can hunt through some thread-titles - find and correct the inaccurate nicknames before lecturing (Wiki-)editors about their "roles and rules".

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Team H’s new song Seishun Full Throttle was just performed for the first time and it’s a Unjo Hirona/Mogami Nanaka wCenter

15. 闔闔闔

闔闔闔 Kenkyuusei

HKT48 Tasogare no Tandem wikipage correct members are (Inoue Yuriya, Yamada Marina, Shimono Yuki, Umemoto Izumi, Tomonaga Mio, Okada Kanna, Fuchigami Mai, Iwahana Shino, Anai Chihiro, Wakatabe Haruka, Tashima Meru, Sakaguchi Riko, Okamoto Naoko, Kurihara Sae, Miyawaki Sakura, Tomiyoshi Asuka) and just giving heads up to those in power to change such things

Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
  16. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Since all the other pages are still in progress, it's quite a lot of work to edit every Thai pages from both former and current members

During Senbatsu announcement videos (usually) and the elections, they call the members nickname then their real names, so I do still want it to be "Nickname (real full name)" on their individual pages

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Tokunaga Remi changed her official nickname from Remii (れみい) to Remitan (れみたん).

And I guess it's better to change Nagano Serika's from SERIKA to Serichan (せりちゃん), both on Wiki and her thread's title.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

Also - please note this is something I learned from the internet - it seems Thai people are always called by their nicknames because their names are usually difficult, so everyone gets a nickname as a child and grow up being called that. I recall reading about a Thai K-pop star that once said he doesn't know his brother full name, only the nickname. I'm also in favour of keeping the current format for Thai members.

If there's any inaccuracy on what I just I urge Thai (forum) members to correct me on this matter.

19. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    I'm not Thai but all my Thai friends has nicknames and use that in normal life as their name. Their full name is not only difficult, but it's also really long, even the capital "Bangkok" has the longest full name "Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit"

20. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane