[GENERAL] The Nogizaka46 thread!

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Are you ready for 6Ki? 2 years certainly has flown by since the introduction of 5Ki.

2. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Feb 2 the 6ki audition announcement, March the audition starts, April the final and result, May-July the training period, then the members of 6ki will be announced on August 21, the same day when Nogi was first announced. That would be a perfect scenario.:D

Happy with the 6ki audition, but it also worries me a lot because it means many members will graduating. Currently, Nogi has 36 members, so if they add another 10+ members, that also might be the number of members that will graduate. I hope my Oshimen stays much longer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Jumps_Zilla

Jumps_Zilla Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    <3 Nishino Nanase <3
    I hope a lot of my favorites in 3ki and 4ki stay a bit longer, too but am also bracing myself for their eventual graduation. sigh

Cheers!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. watash.Iwa

watash.Iwa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    小林由依
    Omg it seems that one of my 2024 fears will become true. Everything points out to 6ki coming soon.

Last year this rumor was revived in a nogizaka46 matome site....

I just hope this doesn't mean a grad wave is coming. I once saw someone mentioning that Nogi usually paces their auditions + new gen debut a little before or a bit after big name graduations.

3ki 2016 - Nanamin grad
    4ki 2018 - Nanase grad
    5ki 2021 - Ikuta grad
    6ki 2024 - ????

Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
  5. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    I would be surprised if Mizuki doesn't graduate this year.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    It just clicked in my mind, big names in the group usually graduate in their 6-8 years as member. It's inevitable, and Mizuki is also so busy.. Sad but expected. I hope Kubo won't be back to back with her in terms of graduation.

7. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    How many graduations would you consider to be a grad wave? Graduations are coming whether its one or many you just have to be prepared.

You can also think of it as introducing new members about every 2 years:
    August 2011 1ki
    March 2013 2ki
    September 2016 3ki
    December 2018 4k
    February 2020 4.5ki
    February 2022 5ki

3ki has been around for 8 years so take your pick.

8. watash.Iwa

watash.Iwa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    小林由依
    @Generic_User I consider a grad wave in zaka when there are at least 6+ graduations in the same year. I know they are coming sooner or later, especially 3ki ones since they have been idols for 8 years now, but i'm attached to some members so it's always a hard time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Small glimpse of member’s New Year’s holiday

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  10. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

6th gen audition official website: https://nogizaka46audition.com/

Application period is February 2 to March 5. There are 5 rounds of auditions ending May 19, after which there will be a trainee period followed by a final selection before becoming official members (which is the same process as for the 5th gen).

From the website, it looks like in addition to this “spring group” of 6ki, there will be a “summer group” of 6ki whose auditions will open in June-July. If an applicant fails the spring audition, they can apply again for the summer audition.

Announcement videos:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  11. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

^Hopefully the Natsu group won’t be treated like a .5 Gen extension

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Xena55

Xena55 Kenkyuusei

For me this feels too early for 6ki but I wonder if they finally expect 3ki mass graduating. Can't really blame them or ask for more from the members. To have stayed basically as a unit (Momoko:cry2:) for 8 years is amazing.

13. Vanbun01

Vanbun01 Kenkyuusei

Don't you think any 3ki aces will graduate soon and next single is another graduation song for nogi with sudden 6ki announcement?

all the pattern is there. It's already 8yrs for 3ki. The 25 yrs old for idol, rarely participated on nogi kojichu (but then appears often near graduation), more focus to individual project, another new generation push, etc.

I think fans already have some "name" that they think will graduate this year. Probably they will announce 6ki into two parts just like 4ki

14. Jumps_Zilla

Jumps_Zilla Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    <3 Nishino Nanase <3
    I think 3ki and even 4ki grads are inevitable now.

Cheers!

15. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

That would be Ayatii. I also think we’ll get a 4Ki graduation announcement outta nowhere from unexpected member.

• Like Like x 1
  16. watash.Iwa

watash.Iwa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    小林由依
    Since there will be 2 auditions and 6ki will be divided in 2 groups(spring and summer). This might be a big gen, probably 14-16 girls.

Like @Vanbun01 have said. I also believe there will be some inevitable grads this year. I think Zukki will be the next big name to go and i can see some 4ki leaving, if anything, it's surprising that many 3ki are still standing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. mb1619

mb1619 Kenkyuusei

Yeah, i think it's time. 36 members currently (35 in practice with Sayaka's long-term hiatus) which is the right window to at least start the process regardless of whether there's a "wave" of graduations incoming.

Given the timeline, with the training camp not even starting until late May at the earliest, that's still 2 more singles (or single and album) before the 6th gen are in a position to debut a unit song (or airdrop)

What's interesting to me is this split audition situation, which I'm not sure about, and that there will be girls cut during/after the training camp, which I'm also not sure i like as an idea

18. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Before this new generation gets introduced, a member or two had graduated already (or at least announced). Yup, they would probably participate in the last release of the year. Several members will surely graduate from this year until next so the timing I think is just right. Yamashita, Yoda, Kubo, Christie, I mean anyone from 3rd except maybe Renka wouldn't surprise me. Maybe a vice-captain will be chosen soon who will eventually take Ume's place. I also think it will be a big group but the second audition seems like another .5 gen to me, especially if those who failed the first audition are given a 2nd chance.

19. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

I expect Yama & Yoda to grad this year
    Yoda in the summer
    And Yama in Kohaku

And for potential 6ki candidates
    I expect Kawasaki Sakura's sister to audition for 6ki

20. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

^Other than Ayatii, I think either Yodachan or Mizuki will graduate this year. I’m thinking Ume and Kubo will stick around. With that said, if it’s Mizuki then Riria will follow, if Yodachan then Denchan will bounce.