The "learn AKB48 and sister group dance choreography" thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by piyochama, Sep 17, 2013.

1. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    So I was wondering: are there any other AKB48 wotas who like learning the dance moves as well? I really like a LOT of the dance moves from songs like Banzai! Venus or Kataomoi, and wanted to see if there were others who were trying to (or successfully!) learn moves hehe

2. The_Hot_Zone

The_Hot_Zone Kenkyuusei

Re: The "learn AKB48 and sister group dance choreography" th

I sure do. Though, the only dances that I've practiced and am actually decent at are River, UZA, and Darkness. The UZA dance is incredibly hard and I always break a sweat just doing it once since there's a faster beat you have to keep up with. Darkness is pretty easy to do and so is River, but that has a lot of arm movements.

3. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina

What videos have you been using to learn UZA? I've tried several, its SOO HARD...

4. lemonade

lemonade Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazakimiho

I've been working on learning Oogoe Diamond as well as NO NAME's Kibou ni Tsuite. Should be fun! ^.^

5. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles

I have completely mastered the entire Sakura no Shiori dance.

6. Ribbon

Ribbon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishidaharuka

The dances can be really hard sometimes.The Dance videos included with the albums help but some are just really complicated,like Flying Get.

I think the more easy dances are the ones for HebiRote and River(the chorus parts)?

7. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina

Yeah the dance ver. are good, but sometimes they just annoy me because of the fact that they won't focus certain parts, and then it becomes an exercise in frustration [boom]

8. yoyo_icecube

yoyo_icecube Kenkyuusei

always think that river dance is awesome!!! ^^

Flying get looks hard to learn, so not going to learn it in now.

im going to start with Iiwake maybe and oogoe Diamond. Love them both ^^

9. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

i have been learning some dance too (though I pick the easy one :hehe: :hehe: )
    when u learn the dance, do you guys pick center's choreography or?
    because if you see carefully, there is slight difference between center, frontgirls and the rest.
    especially like the transition move, etc. my language is bad so i hope you can understand what i mean haha

10. sideralis

sideralis Kenkyuusei

When it came out I self learned Kataomoi Finally, Rena's part :)
    And (roughly) the first min of UZA.

But I've a terrible memory so I'm a bad learner :lol: I'm glad I'm not an idol LOL

For a long time I've wanted to learn Beginner :cute:

11. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina

Yeah that's what I'm wondering too. I generally go with the center, not because I like it more, but because its easier to get the videos for [hehe]

12. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88

I usually learn just 1-chorus of the songs (typical TV performance length) with my friends.

Learned Heavy Rotation, Beginner and Everyday Kachuusha back then. Already forgot by now LOL.
    And ofc, Koisuru Fortune Cookie because it's so easy :hehe:

13. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend

As much as I've seen them do it, I still can't get the hand movements down for the "JANJAN afureru itoshisa wa" part of Heavy Rotation. I recall seeing on a variety show of them doing an explanation and slower hand movements, but I can't remember for the life of me which show it was. :(

14. Chimai

Chimai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka

Oh yeah!

I learn so many dances in my free time. For AKB I have learned Aitakatta, Oogoe Diamond, Iiwake Maybe, RIVER, Ponytail to Shushu, Heavy Rotation, Beginner, Chance no Junban, Everyday, Kachuusha, Flying Get, Kaze wa Fuiteiru, Ue kara Mariko, and kind of Manatsu no Sounds good!. I tried learning UZA but it's too confusing, I'm waiting for the choreo video for it to be released with the next album (hopefully). I know the entire dance for Aitakatta, Oogoe Diamond, Iiwake, RIVER, and Manatsu. The rest are the 2:30 versions that the choreo videos show.

I'm also just learning SKE's Dareka no Sei ni wa Shinai. Super fun.

I've been learning dances (J-Pop and K-Pop) for about 4 years now. I'm not a dancer but I'm in color guard,and color guard plus learning idol dances has made it really easy for me to memorize and learn choreography.

I'm in my school's dance class for a gym credit right now. It's really fun and even though I'm an average dancer compared to everyone in the class (we have like 5 poms girls in our class) I've found that even if I'm a bit behind on skill compared to the actual dancers, I'm just as good or sometimes better are learning and remembering the choreography. It's all thanks to AKB & other dances I learn. :awesome: For our final we have to make our own choreography to a song of our choice. Definitely doing a 48 group song, but one that I don't know the dance for so I'm not familiar with it.

15. Ribbon

Ribbon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishidaharuka

^ Woah! [clap]
    Personally I find quite a lot of the dances hard,I watched the choreo videos for Ue Kara Mariko and Flying Get but got totally lost :p
    But I have a lot more respect for the girls now,because they have to learn so many dances!I salute them for working so hard to perfect the dances

16. junjou19

junjou19 Member

There are showed down and mirrored choreography videos for Iiwake Maybe, Oogoe Diamond, River, and the shortened versions of Heavy Rotation, Aitakatta, Nagisa no Cherry, Chance no Junban, Ponytail to Shushu, and Beginner.
    I can mirror and show down videos while keeping them pretty good quality, if you want a video mirrored/slowed down so it's easier to learn from please email it to me: wingsofangels48@gmail.com
    I know the dances for River, Heavy Rotation, Iiwake Maybe, kind of Flying Get, short version of Ponytail to Shushu, Namida Surprise, and Temodemo no Namida possibly more that I'm forgetting, and I'm learning skirt, Hirari, Sakura no Hanabiratachi, Eien Pressure, Oogoe Diamond, KFC, UZA...I need to just pick one and finish it already /.\

17. junjou19

junjou19 Member

For the center part start with your arms at about chest level, your left arm extended to your left an in a fist, your right arm extended to your right but bent at the elbow so your fist is at your chest. Switch them back and forth about eight times I think. For two different backup parts 1) (Takamina does this one) punch out straight in front of you alternating left and right, starting on left, eight times. 2) (Acchan does this one) punch into the air with your left fist, it shouldn't be a really clean movement. It should be a little messy.
    All of these moves should be the "janjan afureru". For the "itoshisa wa", it's going to be:
    "I" hold your arms out in front of you, parallel to each other. Extend your first finger as though you're pointing at something.
    "To" keeping your arms in their current positions, hold your hands so that the fingers are together and the palms of your hands are facing the floor.
    "Shi" keep your arms in the same positions, hold your hands in the same form but move them so they're in a ninety degree angle with your arm. Your left hand should be above your right.
    "Sa" keep everything in the same position but move your fingers in an "ok" sign
    "Wa" bring your and and hands, still in "ok"position, above your head in a box shape without a top, and tilted to the right. Tilt your head so it stays within the box. Pop your left knee outward to the left.

Hope that helps :) sorry if you didn't want an explanation :/ if you're still confused, which you probably are, look at the choreography video for help :)

18. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Woot woot go guard girls! We may be few, but what we lack in numbers we make up for in kickass-ishness!
    Sorry, I had a moment :/

19. Norenche

Norenche Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina

@The_Hot_Zone

I'm interested in Darkness, what did you use as base to learn it? Would it be too much to share?

20. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I briefly tried to learn River and Hebirote but I am a tall uncoordinated white girl and I can't dance for shit :D I'm really envious of people who can look awesome when they dance and actually remember all the choreo. (I did spend a lot of time learning one non-AKB dance in the past though...)