Kami 7

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by junjou19, May 13, 2014.

?

Are Acchan, Mariko, Yuko, Takamina, Tomochin, Mayu, Kojiharu the Kami7 to you?

Poll closed May 20, 2014.
  1. Yes

42 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    18.3%
  3. Some but not others

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  1. junjou19

junjou19 Member

There seems to be debate about this for some reason...to you, are Acchan, Yuko, Takamina, Kojiharu, Tomochin, Mariko and Mayu, the seven who always ranked in the top seven spots until Acchan, Mariko and Tomochin graduated the Kami7? Or does that title just go to whoever makes it in the top 7 each year despite the fact that that would include WMatsui and Sasshi who were never considered part of kami7 anyway?

2. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    you should really rephrase your poll quetion, "does the term kami 7 still lives even after the original kami 7 dropped out/graduated, of course Acchan, Mariko, Yuko and co are/were kami 7, no one denied that, but just because they dropped out of the top 7 spots or 3 graduated doesn't mean the kami 7 thing is gone

3. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Actually, no, some people seem to believe that the Kami 7 term doesn't refer to them.

4. yamiperv

yamiperv Kenkyuusei

I'm not sure what to mark on the poll.

I agree that those 7 are the Kami 7, especially Atsuko, Minami, Mariko, Haruna, Yuko, and Mayu... but then Yukirin comes in to take third place in the 3rd election?, knocking Tomochin out... since then Yukirin has been in the Kami 7 realm with Tomochin continuing to be out... though recently, both Minami and Haruna was knocked out of Kami 7...so idk if Yukirin counts or not...

but if we're talking about in terms of who stayed in the Kami 7 for the longest... than that would be Atsuko, Yuko, Mariko, and Mayu. With Minami coming in next because she only dropped out of the rank once. Then Haruna because she also dropped once, but she dropped to 9th. Finally, Tomochin because she was out of the rank three times. If you're comparing Tomochin and Yukirin, I think Yukirin would be more in the Kami 7.

Then there is also the first Kami 7 who will always remain Kami 7, which are the 7 listed above. Atsuko, Minami, Mariko, Yuko, Mayu, Haruna, and Tomochin...

Finally, Kami 7 is just a term for those who ranked in the top 7... I (maybe like most people?) have thought this as first until I learned more... so idk...

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  5. junjou19

junjou19 Member

6. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    define dead, i don't get why people say it's dead just because their oshi are gone from it or graduated

it's still VERY MUCH alive in the management, the media, the fans and the girls themselves (or else Takamina wouldn't want to get back into top 7, why not 9, 12, 14 or just be in senbatsu

:glare::gavel:

it's not dead just because your oshi is out or graduated, again:wall:

7. junjou19

junjou19 Member

No, ok, not only is my Oshi out of it, but so is Mariko, Tomochin, almost Yuko, Kojiharu, and Acchan. That's all but Mayu and Yukirin if you count her. I don't know how 1.5/7 counts as still existing.

And I think Takamina might want to be in the top 7 because that's a damn good place to be, not because she wants a title. Every girl in AKB wants to be the in top 7.

8. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    yeah, and no 8 is such a bad place compare to 7
    what i'm saying is, even if they dropped out of the top 7 spots, or graduated, the kami 7 term would still exist, is it so hard to understand????

kami 7 still exists because of the top 7 spots in election that are STILL THERE

imma copy this from HRP so you can't say i'm the only one who think so anymore

The other way it's being used in (and which is pretty much common usage these days): Simply and plainly the current top seven members. It's how the press and other media likes to treat it.

9. mb1619

mb1619 Kenkyuusei

Kami 7 is a completely retired term. It was relevant at the time of the first 2 elections. After the third election there was debate whether or not the Kami 7 were still the same people, whether Yukirin had knocked Tomochin out or if it should be expnded to Kami 8. The latter of these gained the most momentum because Tomochin still had a massive popularity outside the fandom- maybe even the most of anyone, featured prominently in singles and had solo career. Then in 2012 Sashiko blew a hole in the group. To me Kami 7 and 8 will always refer to those people and it must be remembered as of a particular time, not as something present. The so-called impenetrable ridges of popularity in the group have changed over time, in 2013 election the gaps between 2nd and 3rd and between 5th and 6th were far more significant than the 7th to 8th gap.

10. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    oh yeah, it's soooooo dead and the girls, the media, and so on still uses everywhere, whaetever -.-

11. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

The girls themselves use it to mean the Top 7 in the election. They keep to that Top 7 I believe because of the past significance that "Kami 7" had to fans. For example, last year, Jurina said in many of her interviews that she wants to "be Kami 7": meaning break into the top 7 in the election.

So yes, the term started out as a reference to the top 7 members in the first two elections. But the way most people, including the girls, use the term now is in reference to whoever is the top 7 in the current year's election - because it is the simplest way to keep the term alive and in use now, considering that the term was a mess after those first two years and most of the original "Kami 7" are gone now anyhow.

12. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    this so much, i can't understand why people don't get this, the term kami 7 nowadays is used for the top 7 in elections, simple as that, the girls state that themselves, the media do use it, the fans still use it, why is it so hard to understand

13. junjou19

junjou19 Member

And we are asking ourselves why it is so hard for you to understand our side of the argument. It's your opinion, not fact. I happen to be in the majority opinion, but it's still an opinion.

14. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    how are you in the majority opinion when most people refer kami7 as the top 7 spots in election including the girls and the media etc, ?? :confused:

15. mb1619

mb1619 Kenkyuusei

You don't have to be rude about it. The whole point of the poll is that there is the potential for differences of opinion.

16. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

The problem here is that the usage of the term just isn't opinion-based at all. It's fact-based. So I don't even know where opinion is supposed to come into this - or why it matters so much. It's just a label that was stuck onto a certain set of girls and now means 'top 7 in election', after all... there's no need to get so worked up over it.

17. DaimonMichiko

DaimonMichiko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    The members used it. Medias use it. Fans also use it. That doesnt make it official and hence, there is no factual answer. Afterall, it's not something that management started and used. It's all still opinion and not fact. And neither of the opinions are wrong. Believing in either of them doesnt make you superior.

18. mincl17

mincl17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    The term is not dead, just simply evolved in a different meaning or expanded. Its essence still lives on as the upper half of senbatsu that primarily consists of elite number of girls that occupies that position for a long time and serves like a wall that a regular senbatsu member has to break thru before aspiring the center position. The originals are composed of primarily the pillars of the group that is why breaking into that top 7 spots are significant until now because it somehow denotes being able to succeed those seniors. The originals will always be in a different category so removing them from the list is inappropriate, but then the new Kamis should also be recognized since its the fans who put them there (even has the higher amounts of vote compared to the first 2 election created by the originals although if some of the originals hadn't graduate, new kamis might not exist now). So now, the list of the Kamis is just expanding, recognizing the old as part of the legend and still counts the new ones. It'll never die as long as there is an election.

19. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    ++++++

if there's actually like, i would so like this, along with many posts from HRP, rka & Silenka
    kami7 is still alive, not dead just because the old kami7 are gone, man, i find it so annoying someone can't seem this get this, the poll is also misleading, no one was talking about whether the above 7 are kami7 or not, we're talking about whether the term is dead or not, and it's not, the poll makes it seems like people were doubting whether the above 7 are kami or not which is stupid, everyone knows they are

also can't believe someone says i'm the only one with this opinion when most of the people have this opinion too (including the media, management, girls), i'm just :fp:

20. junjou19

junjou19 Member

It's not been verified by anybody, no one had scientifically proven it and there is no unanimous agreement on it's meaning so therefore it is not a fact. Yes I understand your side of the argument I just don't agree with it.