Sashihara Rino (Sasshi) / AKB 5th Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by makistar, Aug 2, 2008.

1. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

I guess its doing ok, what are usual sales of the best selling books so that we can make a comparison

2. Timmeon

Timmeon Kenkyuusei

As far as I understand it the book is doing really well. The book broke even after selling 10k copies and is making profit now. It seems as for the time being the maximum impression for the book is 50k. Sasshi by the way doesn't get seperate royalities from the book. Instead the royalities seem go to Ota Pro. Also, the writer of the article calculates 3% royalities for the ghostwriter and 8% royalities for the publisher (the profit out of 1 book is 480 yen (65% of the list price)). The publisher made 10 million yen profit already. Ota Pro gets measly 1.7 million yen from 50k sold books. The article writer says that Ota Pro probably makes as much money with Sasshi from a day of work by her. lol

Hello everyone, btw!:flower:

3. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

@plomeplome

so I became interested myself and made a little research)) there is no use in comparing it to Harry Potter or Twilight, so let's just concentrate on the expanses/income point of view.

what I got from that article (I was using rikaikun extension for Chrome for translation - I highly recommend it! it gives translation of words when hovering the mouse over them):

"the author has published his own book (me: and is working as a publisher too?), so he probably knows what he's saying. for the books that print out 50k copies a year only 2-3% sell more than 10k! so selling 27k in 2 weeks (me: 34k in 3 weeks now) could be considered a great success. he also says that publishers usually overstate the numbers of copies, so in reality that first edition could be 30k not 50k, so that's why they printed out another 20k (could be less if they overstated it too)) on the 3rd day after release)) but on the other hand, it is said that oricon sales could be considered only 70% of the real sales, so it could actually sell ~45k. but once again it's not set in stone, so we can only speculate on that))

it's all good, but he says that treatment as mook (magazine+book) rather than book is not so good for it. because books are considered deeper, so their' price is higher and mooks' period of sale is shorter and after that period stores could return them to the publisher for a lesser price. in short, these AKB mooks are meant to be fast and short sellers.

and it looks like, according to contract, royalties won't get directly to Sasshi, but rather to Ohta Pro :/ so the Ohta Pro's royalties would be as such: 741 yen (for 1 book without the tax) x 5% royalty x 50 000 printed out books (not sold) = 1852500 yen (me: I don't know where author got ~1770000). not a great amount of money, but considering Sasshi is probably spent a 5-6 hours on interview, it's not bad for a day of work))

royallty of a ghost writer is about 3%, so he/she'll get over 1kk yen. by the way, publisher's royalty is 8%, so the income is ~1.5kk yen and production expenses are about 4.5kk.

a wholesale price is 65% of the selling price (480 yen), so you need to sell 10k copies to cover the expanses.
    so author says that looking at those numbers it is more likely that the first edition was 30k and 2nd edition is 10k (me: but it's probably more, because it already sold 34k). even if the 2nd edition will be returned entirely the publisher's income will be about 10kk yen".

so yeah, it's probably not the best selling book ever, but considering expanses/income it is successful. not sure if it'll make 70k in sales, so we might still hear Sasshi's #1 Sousenkyo speech))

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  4. tokidoki

tokidoki Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Thanks a lot for that information @fatrain , it's all making more sense to me now.

The sales still seems pretty strong as it sold about as much in the 3rd week as in the 2nd. I hope it can continue like that for some time.

Shuukan Bunshun (yes THAT magazine) published an article about the book, giving it some free advertisment. They call it a bestseller.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

@tokidoki

I'm pretty sure that ad wasn't for free)) it's not like they hate AKB, they just make money on them. whoever (publisher, Ohta Pro, AkiP, etc.) payed for that ad made a smart move - it looks more convincing when an "enemy" praises you))

and yeah, I agree with you that 3rd week sales look solid.

6. tokidoki

tokidoki Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
  7. suwidering

suwidering Kenkyuusei

8. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

9. Elementaljyt

Elementaljyt Kenkyuusei

10. tokidoki

tokidoki Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    A few gifs...

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

-----
    Various Koisuru Juuden Prius goods. I have no idea how to get hold of them except auctions because I don't think they're available for sale.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  11. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

@Timmeon
    Hi! how did I miss your comment and got the alarm only now? :blink: I wouldn't have written that long ass post :^^;:

12. afellay

afellay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Yes, 80K copies printed. Oricon total: 34303 -> Actual total : about 54800

Latest week sale is way better than I imagined. Still strong enough to keep in Oricon book (general) weekly top 50.

Once it's out of top 50, we won't see the detailed weekly sale. And we won't know the total sale until oricon yearly ranking comes out. :fp:

13. tokidoki

tokidoki Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    A few photos: First one is Sasshi at MARIS again. Second one with Sakura she posted herself. Third is from next episode of UTAGE!

https://twitter.com/KeiWatanabe0130/status/507736051071188992
    https://twitter.com/345__chan/status/507782772883070976
    http://news.mynavi.jp/news/2014/09/05/275/

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

-----
    Aki-p and some members (including Sasshi and Yuihan) have been chatting with fans and each other using an app called 755 (never heard of it). Here's some of the conversation.

http://7gogo.jp/lp/yiTMQRswXF-WkVIvojdMdG==

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  14. suwidering

suwidering Kenkyuusei

a lot of hkt fans will mad, cause actually only sasshi who were allowed to talk in MST today -__-, i though it's the 2nd chance which should be better and different from the first appearance, but still..

15. Jayden

Jayden Kenkyuusei

^ didn't Miku talk about her fishing with her family or something?

=

I didn't really like the caption for HKT though during MSta; 'the Fukuoka unit in which Sasshi is in', of course I want her to be in the spotlight but still.. As a hako oshi for HKT I don't want everyone else to be forever in her shadow.

16. sasshinaction

sasshinaction Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    [​IMG]
    s: nightclover

17. tokidoki

tokidoki Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I didn't notice until you mentioned it. What a freebie to all her haters wtf. And it's a group not a unit.

18. Jeffsquall

Jeffsquall Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    The problem is now about the hkt fans who don't like thing when the things is different from her ideals
    everything bad on hkt is now sasshi doing

I still do not know how after years I was still nervous about some haters things ... I think I'll go back to smile and wave pattern of the time the scandal

lol

19. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

thanks Tamori for the clumsy assistance...

well, and this is only beginning... I feel like it's going to be worse and worse with every PR event and every performance. because we all know who's going to be in the lead. Haruppi's and other HKT fans will blame Sasshi, that she "robbed" her of center (it's funny how Sakura is completely unnoticed, like she isn't even in the center)) :glare: nobody seems to care that she needs to be there to promote the group as usual.

as I said earlier, it's probably better for Sasshi to transfer back to AKB, because at this point she's going to accumulate all the ungrateful :poop:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  20. Jayden

Jayden Kenkyuusei

Transfer back? She'll just be out of place.. Although she de facto is an akb member as it is anyways with appearances every single. You're stacked with aces in A and B and K doesn't fit her, nor 4.. Not to mention the huge backlash that will follow.