1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

JKT48 future without MELODY

Discussion in 'General JKT48 Discussion' started by ricardhy, Sep 29, 2014.

1. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    I can't imagine a kid will be replacing a center and leader like Melody.
    Perhaps Naomi should given more chance
    [​IMG]
    As senior member that's more likely for RicaSen graduation, maybe JOT need crowning J's captain position to Rica.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  2. abaone94

abaone94 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    melodynurramdhani
    Twitter:
    abaone94
    The thread's first page is quite comprehensive with all those comparing between members. But in the 2nd page there is some speculation on rumors about who is going out soon. I think we should drop that kind of thing since it will only further spread the gossip instead of becoming a helpful information.

That is my take on the graduation rumor thing. I've seen too many cases where people speculate things from the most logical to the most radical, and it kinda bothers me ever since Cigull's case... So please... stop it. Else the rumors will be getting wilder from here.

As for my opinion on how JKT would be going without Melody, I'd rather give my personal opinion as a Melo-oshi.

Melody had been the center for most of JKT48's songs from their formation up to this day, and had taken both the burdens and benefits that the position had ever offered to her. Finding someone who is quite seasoned as her to replace as center is not an easy thing since she had built her own image and reputation for almost 3 years. It is not as simply 'pulling and pushing' members into the spotlight. Her role as a center, a leader, and a mother to the other members cannot be put aside. That fact created a dilemma, making transfer of centership quite hard to do. However, JOT seemed to anticipate this kind of thing, and replaced her on 2 singles which are also AKB48's sousenkyo single: KFC, and KokoPla. Still, her victory on JKT48's 1st senbatsu sousenkyo developed a more complicated problem to project an exact decision on how she will be replaced. Because, despite experimenting a rotation of center, the position will almost always came back to her, considering that her role is not yet replaceable by any member of the current JKT48. At least for me, there isn't anyone who is very much respected as her among the members in all 3 generations. Not yet, to be precise, for such personality needs to be shaped as early as possible and had to come up naturally from within the group.

JKT48 will not tumble even if Melody graduates, but it may turn to be hard for them to expand even further without a face and mother figure that can unite the whole group. They can simply find a new center to fill in the position, but not as simple as to fill in the role that she had occupied all this time.

One thing for sure is that both Melody's and JKT48's future will be closely intertwined should she decided to graduate. Perhaps similar to what Stella currently do, or even more closer...

On the other note, regarding the "aura" thing that seemed to be relevant factor in deciding who shall be the next centers, I found great hidden gems in Sonia, Ayen, and Michelle. Sonia may not be as prominent as the members on her age (Ayana, Nabilah, Beby, Shanju), but she does emanates fresh energy when centering songs. The energy is even greater than Haruka's or Shanju's IMO, and second only to Melody. Too bad that she lacks the attention needed for her to show this talent.

Ayen, as we all know, is indeed the Yuko of JKT48. She had been losing the spotlight in favor of a more cuter Yupi, but that doesn't make her lose every center material that she already possessed from the start. Again, like Sonia, she also lacked attention from JOT, which limits the exposure needed to solidify and expand her existing fan bases.

Michelle's aura among the previous three is the weakest so far (since she is a 3rd generation member and is less experienced than her seniors), but I saw a shine in her eyes that is very similar to Melody's eyes. Something that I cannot see in the other members. When I realized that, I came to conclusion that Michelle could be JKT48's ace is the future after she had honed her skills. She is still young, and if she is polished in the right way, she might truly become a real JKT48 ace.

In the event of a future where Melody no longer belongs to JKT48, I'd prefer that 3 members as JKT48's ace. But it is clear that the favor will fall to either Shanju, Haruka, or Veranda should it happen, which is pretty much the most logical choice that they can take.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  3. sLc48

sLc48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oshimayuko
    IF Melody graduate then I think Shania will be the next ace.
    She already got more 'exposure', being a center and tv appearances.

4. Syd4HaruNaka

Syd4HaruNaka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakagawaharuka
    From my opinion, what I think that makes Melody the Ace and center she is today is her charisma. She is considerably the most mature person with a 'eldest sister' mentality and her public aura (the way she presents herself and represents the group) in a manner is wonderful. How to put it...she's like the Takahashi Minami of JKT48. Everyone's senpai.

I agree the one to replace her not only has to have the talents, but at the same time possess a leader charisma in both the group and also the public eyes. Nabilah is popular but I don't think she has that leadership charisma just yet, maybe haven't mature enough as well.

Haruka does possess the quality and she has a very good personality, very discipline and has a good work ethic, however language could be the main barrier for her right now, since as a center you are expected to be able to handle not just everyone in the group but also will be the face and main representative of JKT48 in the media and in the public eyes. As an ambassador in Japan she did a brilliant job, but locally it can be challenging for her.

So that leaves Shania and Veranda. I guess so far only both of them are the suitable candidates. I believe JOT has already started to train Ve to become the next center, just like how Yuko replaced Aachan after she graduated.

P.S. And btw....what is this KnP theatre again? I know Harugon is planning to build a family after she graduates, but what with getting married when KnP theatre open ? What is KnP theatre? Where is this coming from? I never heard about it.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  5. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    Gon mentioned about wanting to have her own family at the release of Kokoro no Placard (KnP) at the theater...

6. ontaberponi

ontaberponi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    for a short time,Shanju more worthy to be ace. Then prepare Yupi or Naomi for the next Ace. And I was very impressed to see ANDELA YUWONO from 3th Generation (kenkyuseii). Her aura is similar to Acchan. What I only feel this way? I think she could be an absolute ace for at least 2 years to come if she was trained well by JOT.

7. Syd4HaruNaka

Oshimen:
    nakagawaharuka
    I actually see her aura more like a combination of Mayuyu & Yukirin than Acchan hahaha.

8. ontaberponi

ontaberponi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    Really? Haha. Yukirin has a same aura with veranda for me. Isn't she? Hehe.

JOT must be prepare the next ace + new center. Center and ace is different right? IMO,Michelle have a talent to be Center and i still believe andela have a aura and talent to be Ace. Although i'm Nina-Oshi :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2014
  9. Syd4HaruNaka

Oshimen:
    nakagawaharuka
    Now that you mention...she actually does haha. yeah Ve and Yukirin have similar aura.

I don't know I personally think Acchan don't have much of an 48 idol type of aura to begin with...unlike her successors Yuko and Mayuyu and even Sashihara they looks more like idols.

I don't know how to explain it...but Acchan's aura is a little bit different from others, it's more like solo artist type or more like a charismatic actress type of aura if you know what I mean.

And honestly I think in overall Andela possess more variety of talents than Acchan rofl. You're right maybe not Yukirin, but maybe more like Mayuyu x Jurina combined. Dunno lol.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  10. ontaberponi

ontaberponi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    I agree with you about the Acchan's Aura . Until now, nothing can equal her. I mean andela have little aura similar to Acchan. Although it sounds a bit silly: D For me andela is Acchan in Indonesian version hahaha. IMO, it would be very difficult to find a person that is equal with Acchan. Eventough it's yuko. Ah this discussion make me feel miss acchan :( lol

11. Syd4HaruNaka

Oshimen:
    nakagawaharuka
    I think Acchan, Yuko, Takamina and Sayaka they have the most unique kind of auras. And yeah I miss Acchan n Yuko too especially in AKBingo. But if you follow Acchan's twitter and blog, she seems happy and enjoying her new life, she becoming more and more positive lately. That's what matter the most I guess.

In JKT, Melody also possess a very unique charisma. The way she leads the team on stage, in front of the media and on the public eyes, also the way she take care of all the sisters as the 'eldest daughter'....an all-rounder.

To better say, at the moment Mel plays both Acchan/Yuko's roles, at the same time she's also Takamina lol. Shanju, Ve, Kinal, (maybe) Harugon? lol...or whoever it is going to replace Mel after she graduates, I bet there will be a major shift in leadership and the style will be significantly different from now. They might have to split the roles of ace and eldest daughter. Not an easy task. So maybe there'll be two new leaders assigned to become Mel's successors haha.

I also heard some people believes that Mel is currently trying to train Nabilah to become her successor, but I think Nabilah just turned 15 and she is still too young to become Mel's successor. Maybe on the 3rd generation like Mayuyu...but definitely not the 2nd.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  12. kurisu

kurisu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    I think Acchan's aura is so rare because, had it not been for other people urging her on, she wouldn't have made it as an idol.
    And when Acchan finally did start standing on her own feet, it was like she absorbed the wisdom of those who supported her previous. She's was like a doe, a young female deer who was all shaky and now she's all majestic and refined... even when she's eating a lot.

Andela has something special indeed, but I'm not sure how to explain it.
    Perfect face, she's got cute bonus things like ears that stick out and her accent.
    Good figure. We know she's a talented musician and has a good family life...

If were she a Japanese member, she'd be an upcoming SKE girl?
    A bit funny, unique, but doesn't stand out enough right now against her superstar seniors when she talks.

However, she does stand out visually!!!! Constantly, especially in the Yokoso 1 minute clip. All I saw was cute Andela puffing out her cheeks eating endless soba...

if the video does not show watch the video here

13. Syd4HaruNaka

Oshimen:
    nakagawaharuka
    Yes ! this is exactly it. She is an idol that is totally built from minus, not even zero. She even screamed, cried and refused when Aki-p decided to put her as centre for the first time.

She is a real example and inspiration to show people that there is nothing impossible in this world and everyone regardless of age, gender, character and personality can achieve success with hard work and courage.

Takamina is the other one that has similar story but different scenario. It's not like she possess the idol talents at first, but she's like 'destined' to become an idol. Oh man, founding generation girls are so special =)

Andela is different. She came equipped with all packs of talents. Like a raw bar of gold, they just need to forge her.

14. kapit173

kapit173 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    I've been a silent reader here for a while...
    And now it is OOT again... lol

I dont know that acchan once refused to be a center... can someone tell me the story?
    I think melo just cant leaving jkt until jkt having an original song. It would be like you re climbing uphill and leaving all of your effort in the half way, its kinda too nice for me, lol

Maybe, after jkt having 5-10 original song, than it would be a perfect timing for melo to graduating, and ofcourse with her very own graduation song :D
    and also, in that time, jot need to give some girl to centers at least 2 time in a row, or something like that to practice the next ace candidate, i think the candidates are nabilah (when she is mature enough), shanju, rona, naomi, and andela. And i think they should give ghaida and (maybe) yona a kennin with akb. That would be nice :p

15. Galaxy Red

Galaxy Red Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    back then she was a clumsy, shy and dark girl who always hide behind her mom when someone talk to her or always stand on behind because she afraid that the dance teacher will ask her or something like that.

she was chosen by aki-p to support the "star" idea, because a lot of fans complaint they couldn't remember all of members name, so management decide to choose someone to become a face of AKB, representing AKB, though I think this "face" term didn't really exist until AKB start to rise in popularity to public. on A 2nd she got to sing solo on nagisa no cherry, along with other 3 backdancers at that time.

during A 2nd senshuuraku, when all of member pouring all of their feeling, she was burst out in tears and said that she hate to be in front because she can't really dance and sing. she also didn't know why she was chosen, and asking why she should stand in the front.

16. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    A small piece of that story can be found in No Flower Without Rain

17. Galaxy Red

Galaxy Red Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    ^
    basically it can be found on every documentary about her, ie. "hana ga saku made" (until the flower blooms)

18. habakuk01

habakuk01 Kenkyuusei

now, i know.. the ace have something different at her dance, aura, etc... i think something that different in andela is her spirit.. when you see andela dance, you see what the difference... i think andela is the best to be next ace right now.. and sorry for my bad english..

19. Mogisama

Mogisama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    cindyyuvia
    Andela is monster (in good ways)
    But I think shanju and nabilah have more priority for next ace

20. kapit173

kapit173 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    @Galaxy Red thanks alot!What a story! its just so inspirative for me, well, back to the topic, maybe JOT can try wcenter ace like ske and nmb does. but still, i think no one (or two) is acceptable in my criteria :p