1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Majisuka Gakuen 4 (Jan 2015)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Mana, Nov 26, 2014.

1. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

Holy crab it was bad ^^; didn't expect much in the first place, but even those low expectations haven't been met.

2. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    Ah, I see now. I forgot about the name changes, and my Japanese isn't too great, so I didn't catch the part about Team Hinabi describing the old Rappapa.

So, I guess Otabe and Wota are the same people from MG1 and 2, but are the current members of Rappapa the same girls that were Team Fondue in 2, with their names changed. I don't think so, but I'm not too sure.
    You forgot that she played detective, too.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2015
  3. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Ow yeah. One heck of a girl, right? Maybe they'll resurrect Yuko next<3

4. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Minami from MG1, Minami from MG2 (did they even name her Minami?), and Minami from MG4, are three different Minamis. Otherwise at MG2 final episode Atsuko will not be taken, instead they will go full drama because of an unexpected reunion.

((but they did go full drama either way))

I hope you are trolling with this one. Are you sure you haven't had enough of Yuko triplets?

5. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    Nah, I think they are the same people. Takamina was granted the power of resurrection when she became a GM. The reason why Atsuko didn't recognize her in the second one was because she was wearing a disguise.
    dun dun dun!
    What could be better than Oshima triplets? How about quadruplets? Although, she graduated so we need to find someone to play the part of her other twin in this one.
    Does anyone have a wig and decent acting skills?

6. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Plus Scandals jacket even says "Hormone" on the right sleeve.

7. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    Yuko triplets were the worst part of MJ2 :fp: smh

Gonna watch the first episode in a little while. brb with commentary lol

8. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    If this is a sequel, I kind of have a prediction as to what is going on with the reason Otabe changed her personality.
    It's not too detailed, but we do know so far that Otabe and Scandal are the same girls from the first two. It hasn't been confirmed if any of the other cast members are the same so far. However, now that I think about it more, the current members of Rappapa could not be the past members of Team Fondue. True, Sasshi did say that she knew Salt from the past, which could explain her being Kanburi from the second. However, she should also know some of the other members, which apparently she does not. Team Hinabi explained that the current Rappapa is nothing like the Rappapa of Yuko and Maeda's time. This is seen from the first episode. The current Rappapa and Salt are coldhearted and ruthless, it seems, unlike the previous Rappapa, who, while ruling with a stern fist, cared for the other members of the school. Anyway, I'm not too sure about this, but I think what happened is that Salt overthrew Otabe and set up her own idealized version of Rappapa. However, seeing how strong of a fighter Otabe was, Salt allowed Otabe to be her VP. Otabe does not care for Salt at all, but agreed to join this current Rappapa waiting for her chance to overthrow Salt and return Rappapa to the way it was originally. She changed her personality as to not alert Salt or the other members. Secretly, I think she is working with Scandal to overthrow the current President. Perhaps, she will be helping Sakura behind the scenes, but I'm not too sure.

9. Stankovic

Stankovic Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    TeamJuri
    As I said in my previous post here, you guys should just think the 4th series as alternate universe instead :lol: There would be a few contradictive things and some connected stories. I doubt even until the last episode they would really explain why Takamina kept given "Minami" name despite her different roles, or where those four heavenly queens came from (except Otabe).

Anyway, I quite like the opening song here. Even better to grow on me rather than Ponkotsu Blues.
    The first episode is more of character-introduction episode since it doesn't really work to build the background story, at least for me. But I can live with that. There are still more episodes to come for story and character development, so we'll enjoy it on progress.
    I am not really sure about Sakura's motivation to reach the top here. It seems everything went too fast and judging from the ending scene, I suppose her "maji" character grown on her because of a family dispute (?) I could only think a broken home background. But we'll save that for later.

According to the cast announcement SP back then, there was a scene where Hinabe fight with those Gekioko underling, but since it was cut here, I wonder if it'll be shown on the TV version. Sailor Zombie OD version too has some cut parts that were shown on its TV version, so it might happens here too. By the way, I really wonder if the "right timing" Otabe meant to graduate would be when Rappappa returned to its peak condition again, which means is when Sakura already take the top. With that way, there might be a possible twist where Otabe helps her. Hinabe will surely be her underling though :lol:

10. Sayanara231

Sayanara231 Kenkyuusei

I'm not subscribing to the alternate universe theory quite yet though. why would they specifically give a timeframe to the past Majijou by telling how many years the original characters were held back for example? and bringing in Kojiharu as an OG, which the younger members clearly recognized as a Senpai shows continuity as well imo(sorry for the acronym). and well, characters like Scandal and Salt were definitely around during the Atsuko/Yuko days.
    so it depends on how they are going to end up tying in all the new+newold characters into the timeframe, but if there's enough continuity, I don't see why it shouldn't be recognized as a direct sequel to at least season1+2(not trying to argue semantics here, but I find this topic pretty interesting)

11. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    I like your theory. But first let's not forget that Salt is also the lead character, not just a villain that needs to be taken care of. If I might add, before they successfully overthrow the president, Salt changes (character development) and realizes whatever wrongdoing she did (or she can realize it after being defeated). Then together they declare an all out war against Gekioko that ends with a winner and a loser, not a bad peace treaty like MG2.

Or, the main villain could be Otabe all along (driven by vengeance because of her lost against Salt in the past). After she helps Sakura claim the top she back stabs her. In MG2 she's that kind of character whose intelligence somehow on par with Nezumi, who knows. But that's just my imagination.

One thing, they didn't say that Otabe has double position as both a Shitenou and Vice President.

12. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Although the first episode looks to be along the lines of MG1, I do hope the story takes on more of the characteristics of MG2, where the conflict with a rival school will be the main backdrop. Gekioko High should turn out to be a formidable school just like Yabakune was in MG2, which will be something that unites the in-fighting factions of Majijo before it's too late [hehe].

13. hikariayaka

hikariayaka Kenkyuusei

This drama will receive a very very low rating in Japan, the video was already leaked so there's no need to watch it on television.

14. ふざけないで

ふざけないで Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Really looking forward to seeing more of this. Sakura has come a ways since Hyakatten; nice thousand-yard stare and...is she quite a lot taller now?

15. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

I cannot agree with your theory for two reasons:
    1 - It seems to me that it would be a bad option for Otabe to decide to stay in a group that (according to your text - my japanese it's not good enough to have caught that) is "bad" just waiting for a opportunity to take "Solt" down. Basically she would be doing the "devil's" work in the meantime while waiting for that chance.
    2 - And more relevant: In my opinion, there is no way management will present Paruru in a bad light. Paruru will not loose to Sakura just like Yuko never lost to Maeda. At most, there will be a draw between the two. Even though, I still believe Paruru is the management favorite, and as such there is a high possibility that she will become the stronger in the end.

That aside, an interesting thing that I notice: "Solt" is actually a mix of Sado and Yuko. She uses similar shoes to Sado, plays with a similar toy and is, basically a "S".

One question: Did anybody understood what the gesture of opening her mouth meant for "Solt" after the scene where she defeated her opponents in the hallway? Was she sleepy? Bored?

16. panggilsajakaito

panggilsajakaito Kenkyuusei

and i'll waiting for the other members appearance aside from members who have leaked at MG4 Chokuzen SP:)

still hoping my oshi would appear overthere :worthy:

17. Galaxy Red

Galaxy Red Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    @hugoa
    just some correction. paruru is "salt" not "solt";)
    and yes, I think because she is sleepy. just look at what she was doing in rappappa boss room. she always takes a nap:lol:

ha? full episode was already leaked? where did you get this information?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  18. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    It wasn't "leaked". They intended to show it on Hulu. It could be argued that Hulu viewings are just as important as television viewership. Not that I am disputing the "low ratings" prediction. The previous versions had low ratings as well. But here we are...

19. goh1925

goh1925 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    Uonome said that the current Rapapa is not as united as the previous one. <------how??? why???
    As far as first episode goes, that statement definitely isn't true.
    There's proper interaction between Yoga/Magic/Bakamono and Otabe.
    There isn't any hint that there's a crack between the four of them.
    However from Bakamono's reaction to Salt and Salt's disinterest of Rapapa as told by Scandal,
    I think Uonome probably meant there's very few interaction between Salt and her fellow Rapapa members.

Antonio refuse to clash with Majiska right now and said she wanted to gather more people
    Does that imply more members will appear in later episode as part of Gekioko? (Scandal defecting anyone? :awesome:)

Another details that's worth noting is that Scandal did said that she ranked no.4 before leaving Majiska right?

20. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    If anything the Hulu ratings will give a better idea of its popularity than the TV ones will, seeing as its barely available on TV and is on in a fairly poor time slot. Hulu can be accessed by everyone at any time (providing they have a subscription obviously.)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015