1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Majisuka Gakuen 4 (Jan 2015)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Mana, Nov 26, 2014.

1. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    I thought episode 3 was going to be good but it still had the same feeling from episode 2. I guess I'm not a big fan of the pacing of scenes this season.

- Kamisori and Zombie following Sakura around like puppies was cute. The change of heart isn't weird at all. I think being defeated gave them a new purpose and goal.

- What is with Yoga's obsession to protect Salt? However it was kinda heartbreaking when Salt said she expected nothing from her. Salt even trusts Bakamono more than her. I guess there's a reason why she's called the gatekeeper of the four heavenly queens. At least she gave a good fight with Sakura though.

2. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    My prediction for upcoming episodes: 5. Magic 6-7. Otabe revelation + fight 8. Pre-war 9. War 10. End of war 11. SakuSalt fight 12. Graduation

How I hoped it turned out: 5. Magic's pawns 6. Otabe Revelation + Fight 7.Magic 8. Pre-War 9. Antonio vs Sakura, Kobii stabs Salt 10. Salt in hospital 11. Salt revenge on Gekioko 12. SakuSalt fight

I guess it's like the early days of Daruma. She recognizes salt as a very strong person after they duel or smth and she insists on being the underling even though salt didn't give a s**t so salt's all like "idgaf what you do remember I never asked for it". At least both Salt & Acchan let their underling do whatever they want even though they didn't want any not like some bitch that declines rudely and told them to go to hell even though they helped her when she can't walk properly and she still told them to go to goddamn hell

3. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    It was nice to see kawaei going all out on the heavy bag. The strength and confidence in her injured right has returned. I did notice that she was protecting it during akb to xx musical chairs but that have been just habit. Anna however still wears a give in stage and in mg4 only throws left hooks. Also when she zip up oshimas jersey she use her thumb and middle finger. Her recovery is slow but I am patient for her.

4. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

Just to clarify one thing related with her necklace (and earrings, by the way):
    - I love small details and for that reason, sometimes, I might give meaning to something that is just a coincidence. But, here, I don't believe that is the case.
    Otabe's jewelry (this same jewelry) has appeared once before, during a very specific scene in MJ2 (I will leave up to you the "thrill":^^;: of finding out where/when - If you don't have the series or you would prefer me to tell you, just ask me). This situation as lead me to create a really "preposterous"o_O theory that contradicts everything that was "said" in the first episode, but at the same time has the ability to wrap everything else in a little bow. I won't explain it yet because it is so "stupid" that I will need at least one more piece of evidence to do it.:^^;:

5. winner

winner Kenkyuusei

I don't visit here much. But did read up all 49 pages of the comments.
    So fun seeing the cast predictions just from their blog posts (so many actually guessing it right)

I'm enjoying the show a lot. And I'm just glad it came back this year.

A few pages back there were some comments about the wall graffiti. If you look back at previous seasons, they actually just tape cardboard boxes to the walls and graffiti on them. Compared to that, they went all out this time.

There's been some pics posted with Otabe's face hurt. And if you look at this one...

[​IMG]

Hey. Its Gekioko's symbol!

[​IMG]

So the Majijo vs Gekioko battle might be at Gekioko. As for what development leads up to that and which episode it will be on, its all up to our imaginations right now.

For the theory about Otabe working with Gekioko/planning a revolt against Salt. I really don't want that to happen.
    In MG2 she was kinda the "tactician" role, subbing in for Acchan's absence and defending Majijo. And in ep2-3 her chats with Salt make me feel her role has changed closer to Sado. Supporting Salt by being the glue of Rappapa, otherwise they'd all be wild horses. I hope to see her reason for repeating is simply for defending Majijo.
    But more important than that. They just announced a stage play with her as main. It wouldn't make sense to turn her character evil. right?

6. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

Great find.:approve:
    It is also interesting that Otabe is the only one with injuries. That would indicate that, either, that happens right after her fight with Sakura, or .... (nothing more at the moment):^^;:.

7. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Are you sure? Being ignored is far worse psychologically. Being ignored gives false hope, it makes the ignored one can't see the truth of situation and clings into a false belief. The ignored one won't be able to comprehend the harsh reality, Yoga broke down is a good example.

And Atsuko - Daruma is different from Salt - Yoga. Although Atsuko didn't talk much to Daruma she actually cared, for example when she came to Daruma vs Shibuya fight in MG1. Salt, not even approving Yoga's existence, suddenly gives her a hard slap of the truth. Destroyed Yoga is destroyed.

At least when someone rejects you, they give an answer although it hurts. Immediately, and not giving you uncertainty. Whether the rejected will move on or insist, that would be a choice. As in KamiZombi case, most likely Sakura will accept them later. She's been receiving help (in information department) from Hinabe, I don't see why it would be different this time (not to mention Minami's advice to strengthen the cause).

@hugoa I'll try to venture back in time to find old Otabe! :D
    EDIT: Found that scene, and yes the jewelries are exactly the same...yet she wasn't wearing them at all at MG2 timeline. There's another speculation that pops out in my head after realizing it, but it's still lacking evidence haha

Whoa that's new! More speculations and predictions ensue! :banana:
    EDIT: But IMHO, I think it's not like Otabe is evil. The prediction of Otabe's betrayal doesn't imply she's betraying the whole Majijo, but more like Rappapa only because she's not satisfied with the current situation and wants a change for a better Majijo. It's like her witty and calm assessment to achieve something, that isn't as straightforward as other characters. But then again it's just a speculation from fans, because this character is just so interesting it has depths and a lot of things to dig from, up until the production team need to create prequel story of Otabe and Gekikara as a stage play :)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  8. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    maybe an internal fight among the tops? Someone disagree about something and punch/slap Otabe in rage

9. LaisieTaffy

LaisieTaffy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Woot woot found it :banana: that means she has it for a long long time :blink: Interesting.. But I still can't make any connections tho.. :(

10. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

She only had it in that time and while she was like that.:^^;:
    Later on, she stopped using it.
    And now she is using it again?o_O Why?:confused: And is that the only explanation?
    And here enters my theory:hehe:. But the theory implies that what was said in the first episode is false. Because that seems stupid I won't elaborate on it just yet.:^^;:: I need more evidence.

11. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    @55Cyanides
    Again, I'm loving your theories, but...

1. Yokoyama's Backstory - That's the problem though, she was in NMB in the past, and it isn't the present. And soon, she's gonna take over as AKB GM. What I think may happen though is that she may be cooperating with Gekioko at least temporarily. I have a feeling she doesn't quite like how Salt is doing things although she isn't saying it, and I don''t think she has bad intentions, but I think she just wants Salt to depend on people more. Like how she subtly encouraged Salt to ask for Yoga's help to go and face Sakura. This is gonna sound corny, but perhaps Otabe wants Salt to realise that strength isn't just about how strong you are physically, but your ability to open yourself and your vulnerabilities to others, and learning how to depend on others. MG always has some moral story behind it haha.

And how Gekioko comes into the picture, I think Otabe herself wants Salt to face Antonio. Not for Antonio to take Majijo down or anything like that, but to give back some meaning to Salt's life so that Salt will realise that there are others out there stronger/better than her or if not stronger, someone who matches her level. Whatever happens, I don't think Otabe would just allow Gekioko to take over Majijo though. Of course, Antonio probably doesn't think anything about Salt and is maybe still thinking only about reaching the top, and while Otabe's and Antonio's interests may be different, they probably need each other's cooperation to make things happen.

2. Building an Army - You make a really good point about this though. I'm not sure about JKT/SNH, but it'll allow cameos for a whole bunch of girls.

3. Who Gains From All This? - Now this is what I've been wondering the whole time. It's been 3 episodes, and we actually still don't know much about GekiOko, other than they want to take the top from all the schools. And that's basically all we know. Like we had the way things worked in Majijo, and the current condition of the school explained to us by Team Hinabe and etc whereas in Gekioko, all we could do was guess from whatever was shown to us. In a way, there's a severe lack of information about them. Which does possibly mean there's more to Gekioko than everything that is being shown so far.

Yeah, and I think that's what Antonio said herself too when she talked about building an army. She said at the moment, they were no match for Majijo. And as you said, for them to be antagonists, if they only have Antonio and Kobii as strong characters, there's a severe power imbalance. I wonder if we'll see some strong allies coming in for Gekioko. Maybe it'll be reaaally late into MG, for people who can only come in as cameos *coughs Gekikara coughs*

Since Rena is getting that stage play with Yui, I don't know if they'll bring her in as a cameo or not at all. But if they can and if they do, I can really only see her coming in as a Gekioko ally. Cause out of everyone left in Majijo, the only one Gekikara would know is Otabe. Though Gekikara was part of Majijo, there's pretty much no one in Majijo left that she cares about. And maybe she might join forces with Gekioko to help in Otabe's cause of bringing back some order to Majijo.

This will also make sense to the real life allusion because all the sister group members including her SKE girls are all gathered in Gekioko :p Also apart from Kojiharu, all the other Rappappa from MG 1 have graduated from AKB, so they most likely won't make a cameo in MG. So that really just leaves Rena. Oh wait, there's also Yukirin I guess (now she would be complicated cause of her current kennin with NMB haha)

If we're talking about cameo from MG2 though, Rappapa also had Gakuran/Sae who is pretty much a full sister group member now as well. Possible ally? hahaha.

And about Antonio, again because I keep alluding to them in real life, I really cannot see Sayanee as cunning and deceitful. It's way too far off her real life image who until now has a honourable and relatively clean image.

12. ScandalAgeman

ScandalAgeman Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    maybe in the end episode 4 she confronts salt after Bakamono lose to Sakura then salt punch her.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
  13. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    It gave me chills thinking Gekikara and Black siding with Gekioko...:cold:
    And if we allude Majijo Sakura - real Sakura or Salt - Paruru, they are not themselves at all :D Real Paruru is already salty enough, but this Salt really causes high blood pressure hahaha

Look at all this discussion caused only by Otabe. Interesting!

14. 55Cyanides

55Cyanides Kenkyuusei

@convenience93

2. Building an Army - You make a really good point about this though. I'm not sure about JKT/SNH, but it'll allow cameos for a whole bunch of girls.

Quoted from you, which brings the question:

Is it possible with some from the 46 'army' to come? Somebody already pointed the easter egg in the fight with Yoga and Sakura, where the scoreboard was 48 to 46. Perhaps, 48 vs 46? Perhaps this is the 3rd group that stands to gain from all of this? Wait, who's in 46 as well? RENA

[​IMG]

15. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

I have one doubt regarding the ratings. Can anyone confirm that the time slot is the same for all seasons?

Edit: Another funny detail: Paruru stole Akamata's (of Sutegoro High School - MJ2) play toy.

16. IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Twitter:
    Babyssb
    That Yoga storyline part really moved me. Even though the timing of the scenes in this drama is really off, I enjoyed it so so much.
    I hope there will be scenes were KojiMako and Naanya train regularly in order to level up. Otherwise I won't be able to enjoy this probably soon to come storypart where they will be the highest underlings of Sakura.

17. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Hope this could help: All previous Majisuka Gakuen (1-3) were broadcasted by TV Tokyo during their program called Drama24, which airs every Friday at 24:12. Majisuka Gakuen 4 is broadcasted by Nippon TV (and Hulu Japan) every Monday at 24:59.

It's hard to find the reference so I got it from here
    http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ドラマ24

You mean Nakamata? Now that you mention it I remembered her toy haha

18. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    The main problem I am having with this season is the lack of any backstory for Sakura. As a result she is coming across as entirely wooden and one-dimensional. I get that she's a lone wolf of sorts, but why does she want to shoot for the top so badly? What makes her reject companionship? She's like The Terminator. In fact at this point I'm hoping the explanation IS that she's a robot.

I am still holding out hope that the plot will become more intriguing. But so far MG4 has pretty much mirrored MG1, only with a lack of backstory. I hope Owada and Kojimako succeed in befriending her, then maybe we will learn what makes Sakura tick.

19. Sayanara231

Sayanara231 Kenkyuusei

for now I kind of comfort myself by telling myself that the "backstory" is supposed to be the kind of "we follow the system because it's been in place forever" story. so Salt is leading Rappapa because she beat everyone else, and it's just the natural way of things for the one to beat everyone else to sit at the top. and Sakura wants to fight the strongest foes, so she has to come to Majijo to meet them. but at least for Sakura there was already the hint of a backstory in EP1, so I'm sure it'll come eventually.

20. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    I can't say much about Sakura since I don't know her all too well, but I think Salt's character of being easily interested in things is quite close to her real life saltiness.
    Obviously, the characters aren't the exact same person, but I don't think they'll portray characters that are too different from them in real life because since they're not professional actors, it's gonna be hard to buy into their characters if they did. That's why I'm saying I really cannot see Sayanee as being someone cunning and deceitful because not only is it different from her in real life, it's completely contradictory.

Yeahh it's just Otabe seems to fill in a lot of gaps to a lot of the things that have been happening and would tie in a lot of things, but we'll see what happens.

@55Cyanides
    OMGGGG lol I didn't actually think of that. I'm not sure about bringing in Nogizaka...but that could really be a thing. And I guess we might get Ikoma as well in that case O_O

I also wanted to comment on Gekioko's nurse outfits though. As in I wondered if the screenwriters intentionally got them to dress like that to join in to something in the story. As you said, it could be the Otabe link. And though I highly doubt this one because I doubt we'll get a cameo from Mariko, but Sado was a nurse in MG2. Just pointing out :p
    Gekikara spent literally almost the whole time in the hospital in MG2, but I don't think that has any relations. But just thought I'll say haha.