1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Majisuka Gakuen 4 (Jan 2015)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Mana, Nov 26, 2014.

1. James Boswell

James Boswell Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    Haha, yeah... seems there was a good reason they didn't give her a significant role in MG1, 2 or 3 after all. Then again, she proved in the recent Mechaike prank that she can act if she wants to.
    So with that said, I'm hoping for a Salt vs. Takamina finale with lots of punning salty-food one liners!!! (Okay, maybe not...)

2. ふざけないで

ふざけないで Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    I imagine Salt will be back (though I wouldn't have fancied her chances as much in real life); the opening credits fight between her and Sakura may be what plays out at the end of the season finale after they've acknowledge some kind of camaraderie, but without resolution, like the Rindaman fights at the end of each Crows movie. It would be some kind of perfunctory see-once-and-for-all-who-the-top-is duel, with a fade-out shot of their fists flying towards each other. Or not. I hope Salt pulls through though. :(

Good powers of regeneration from Sakura after getting mauled in her last fight, looking good as new, while Otabe still had the marks on her face.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  3. goh1925

goh1925 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    Didn't expect Kobii to get her "own episode". (sort of)
    So, I guess no graduation episode, but Gekioko related next, then the final battle.
    Looking at the preview, it seems like Majiska has taken an assault on Gekioko.
    Jurina is probably there as a cameo and fanservice, it's too late to develop a character.

4. takethetora

takethetora Kenkyuusei

5. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Yeah, but in MG1 it wasn't presented in a plot twist like this. We've already seen that coming from the middle of the season. At that time they had Sado as the substitute, right? Wonder if it's Antonio this time...

6. winner

winner Kenkyuusei

I'm still wondering why Salt needed to leave the school to go to the school gym. :^^;:
    - Is she really bad with directions, from sleeping in her room too much?
    - Is it a tradition thing where the teppen-girl needs to do a circle of the school before taking on the challenger?
    - Maybe she just wanted to clear her head before the fight? Punch a few trees, kick a few random yankee nurses.
    - Or warm up, like she said to Kobii. Doesn't she already have 4 queens and a boxing bag for that?
    - Or she went to get a bite at Takamina's place? I'm leaning on this one. :lol:

In the preview, Jurina's cameo looks like she's Salt's nurse/doctor.
    Not like I really care about her cameo, but I think it would've been better to actually get surprised by her appearance in the episode like all the other old character cameos, than showing her in the preview.

I'm cringing a little with the progress, cos I really wanted a Salt vs Antonio fight. I just don't like how they have used so many plot devices in MG to cancel out characters. It keeps the top characters in an "undefeated" status, but it also destroys what could have been some really cool vs fights.
    Sometimes it looks cool to lose too, ya'know. Like who doesn't like the Acchan vs Sado fight.

7. kaisap112

kaisap112 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    All I want from this show anymore is this:

For Nezumi to waltz in at the end of the fight to inform everyone that she actually OWNS the school, was recording all this yankee nonsense and is now making a sweet profit from the airing and streaming of school girls beating each other up.

And she'd do it just for sh*ts and giggles and the chance to come gloat about it at the finale. Because Nezumi always screws you!
    Extra points if she's in a relationship with Center while at it. [hehe] "Hey babe, how's world domination going today?"

8. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Clearly Kobii wanted to be acknowledged by Antonio. Kobii is clearly fine being Antonio underling, and i doubt she was craving for power and overthrow Antonio. It will be pretty much answered in the next episode when Kobii confront Antonio after what happened.

Sometimes people find their way by being under the one they find amazing and super charismatic. The behavior of Kobii is actually pretty logic, as all her moves implied a subliminal message to Antonio "i can be reliable too" "i can be a source of strength for you too" and take Salt on her own. Perfect example is Sado and Yuko, minus that Sado never had to prove herself worthy of Yuko. While Sakura and Salt is turning into a friendship rivality. I don't find rivality between Kobii and Antonio. The hierarchy is very clear, Antonio is at the very top.

Problem is, to have such strong chara, it's going to be very hard for me to deal with Sayanee loosing. The difference in strength wouldn't be respected. What i think could be a perfect scenario, is that because Paruru is down for a while, Sakura take her place against Antonio, but got utterly destroyed by Antonio's double side kick. Antonio judge that small fry Sakura isn't ready yet and there's only Paruru that she's interested of, then retreat from Majisuka because taking the plate in that situation would be "boring" (but it is in contradiction with Antonio's logic to weaken majisuka and beat them when they are at their lowest point). Then, we have the finale between Salt and Sakura to decide who will "fight" to represent Majisuka gakuen against Antonio. Story continues in majisuka gakuen 5. It would be a nice development since Sakura never lost a game, and to make her loose now is perfect to make her realize that her solely strength isn't enough against big shots who already rule a school.

We can already make assumption from Majisuka gakuen 5. As i said above, Antonio >> Sakura, so Sakura clearly can't beat Paruru. (which i hope for). So in Majisuka gakuen 5, since they have a common ennemies, Salt hire Sakura as one of the 4 heavenly queens while Otabe return as vice president (Sado's status in majisuka the first). Then Salt train Sakura. This scenario is actually possible because stubborn Sakura stopped thinking on her own and want to fight for her friends, and Paruru want to fight for Majisuka. It also open a side story introducing Jurina as an important character, who knows.

This hypothesis winrate to occur is increased from the fact that Akip confirmed the season 5, knowing how much their wish to focus on Sakura, it's 100% 5th is a follow up of the 4th. If that the case, majisuka 4 can't end now.

9. BeMyGuest

BeMyGuest Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawaeirina
    The one thing that kept me going, was Salt vs Antonio fight, but now it's ruined. Though she was cool in the fight with Kobii, but it was too short.
    Idk about the scenario above. Sakura wanted the top so much and now suddenly to be ok with just become one of the heavenly queens? Even if this happens, idk how it is going to fill 10 more episodes? I actually hope for a different development.

10. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

Regarding the second part of your post I'm not going to comment on it because that's basically your view/wish for the outcome. I personally don't agree with it and think that goes against what we have seeing until now, but like I said, it's your personal view/wish for the outcome.
    Now, regarding the first part (the one about "Kobi/Antonio") I completely disagree. If I'm not mistaken, Antonio has/had the wish to personally face "Salt". "Kobi" basically tried to take that from "Antonio". "Antonio", should be extremely angry with her because now, or for the immediate future, she won't be able to complete her revenge.

11. TakaOshiMina

TakaOshiMina Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    didn't aki-p say that they'll make shinobu appear in Takamina's restaurant !?

come on....

and did anyone else notice that Yuko's uniform from season1 is same as Takamina's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. tokyolucifer

tokyolucifer Kenkyuusei

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.
    Lets talk about ep 8 first.
    1) The first half was unnecessary. We got it already, Sakura is fighting for the sake of her friend. We got it! I watched the first 7 episodes and the only character development we have was that so you don't need to show it again. And Salt determination was weird. First half of the season, she didn't give a damn about anything and after 1 episode she was all over protecting Majijou. If Sakura was overdone, Salt was half-baked.

2) Kobii vs Salt. That was actually good. This is how you built a character. Salt beat Kobii and her underlings without breaking a sweat. Kobii is 2nd in command in Gekioko but she couldn't land a single hit on Salt. Based on the fight Kobii should be on par with the Shitennou. And since Sakura was struggling against even Yoga, it just shows how strong Salt is compare to her. I like it. Good character development.

3) And then comes the plot twist. Not bad. Now things get real. But...

4) The ambulance. I was like what!!! Why would you bring the ambulance? Just when things got a little interesting, now you want to kill her? Bullshit. I was cursing the whole time after that. Talk about missed opportunity. It's impossible now. There's no way the writer can turn it around again. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

This is how the plot in Yankee drama should be in my opinion. Starting just before the ambulance scene.
    Antonio enters the warehouse with her underlings. She looks around and found Kobii with Salt laying next to her. Kobii looks surprise. Antonio confronts Kobii and tells her that she was suspicious of her so she asked KY to follows her around. Then Antonio asks Kobii about Salt. Kobii stays silence. Antonio gets angry and tries to hit Kobii. Before her fist hits, Salt stands up. Salt explains that her injuries has nothing to do with Kobii. She tripped herself and fell down. Antonio isn't convinced but shrugs it off. Antonio tells Kobii to stand up and starts walking out. Salt stops her. She asks her where she is going. Antonio tells Salt, she is going to Majijou to take over. Salt tells Antonio she is going nowhere and she has to beat her first before going to Majijou. Antonio says "I don't want to fight with half dead girl" and walks away. Salt gets angry and picks one of the steel pipe and throws it to Antonio. Antonio evades but the steel pipe hits Zakoboss. Zakoboss gets angry and with her underlings start attacking Salt. Salt holds her ground and manages to one-hit knockout all of them. Antonio looks at all her underlings on the floor and starts clenching her fists in anger. She attacks.... (Fade to Black)

5) MG5. My advice. Find other writer.

13. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    well that doesn't disagree with what i said; Kobii wanted to take down Salt on her own in order to be acknowledged by Antonio. It's a love cry toward antonio lol.

Like, someone has a girlfriend, but he flirt with other, so in order to get his attention, she cheats on him; it's kind of extreme but sometimes it work. What's better than taking Salt 1v1 to get Antonio's attention?

It's easy to find out anyway in the next episode; there's 2 possibilities : either you have kobii kowtow on her knees to Antonio for trying to act cool on her behalf, or either kobii stand up front against Antonio because she thinks she waited too long for things to happen and justify her act as something better for Gekioko than Antonio's decision. One is about showing love, one is about showing defiance. I personally prefer the first option.

But Antonio being angry at Kobii on both situation is quite evident

14. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

That was a great find. I had no idea.:1st:

You can always argue that "love" knows no reason, and you could be right. But, logically, Kobi actions make no sense assuming your premises.
    1 - By directly attacking "Salt" before she had her fight with "Sakura", she is putting her school in danger because both of them ("Salt and Sakura") would be at full strength, contrary to what would happen if they had fought each other.
    2 - And probably the most important issue. According to "Kobi" herself, the reason "Antonio" went to their school was to get her revenge on "Salt". By doing what she did, she was preventing "Antonio" from getting the closure that she seems to need. In effect she would be hurting "Antonio" in the worst possible way. Also, how do you conciliate this move of hers with the one where she sent the two underlings against "Sakura"? Do you think that her motive in both situations was different? Or was it the same?

I really can't understand what you mean with that. I saw development in "Sakura" and maybe "Kobi". Beyond that I don't remember anything else. Now if you want to say "episode 7 and 8" them things change a little.

On a different subject:
    After thinking a little about this I came to the conclusion that maybe the "lack of quality" in this season was intentional.
    The "over the top theatricals" in this season (in this episode I was expecting to see someone say "かめはめ波" at some point[hehe]) seem to be more adequate to a "shõnen" demographic than to a older one. That same demographic is, also, more comfortable with the, almost absolute, lack of plot to speak off. Maybe the idea in management head is to try to lure the younger generation to the group instead of winning more older generation support.
    Also, the lack of budget seems to have had an effect.

15. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    @TakaOshiMina howww in the world? I didn't notice that lolol. Maybe they're related hahaha.

@hugoa As I said, it's not the best, but at least everyone is beginning to fight for one reason or another, starting to become noble characters with a moral story instead of just randomly flinging their arms about. By everyone, I mean Salt, Kobii and Sakura who are pretty much some of the more prominent characters in the series.

Also before I move on @gocchisama and hugoa, aren't you guys supposed to be talking under the spoilers?!

Now moving on...
    Look, I like AnKobi but Kobii doing those things out of love alone isn't a satisfactory explanation imo. I agree and disagree with both gocchisama and hugoa because I think Kobii did in fact act out of defiance, however, where do you think that defiance came from? Impatience? Lack of maturity? It's hard to say. I think the fact that we're debating over Kobii's motives means Milky played her role effectively as a complicated character with many layers that isn't easy to decipher.

All I can say is that Kobii's actions is definitely a mirror of real life Milky. This was years ago, but when Sayanee used to be included in AKB senbatsu and not her, she used to complain about it. She was like, "Why is Sayanee in the AKB senbatsu and not me?" It's the exact same sentiment. You could put down the reason to many things. Was it because she wanted to be NMB's sole no. 1 or because she didn't mind even if it meant sharing that no. 1 position? I go for the latter because I think Milky herself had begun to realise the rise in Sayanee's popularity, and knew she wouldn't benefit by going up against a fellow member. Just being on equal footing would have been enough with her. And I think Kobii has the same sentiments. If you look at the Milky today though, she is way different from the Milky back then where she thinks more about NMB as a group, and doesn't mind so much that Sayanee is their no. 1. This is because I think she realised her position doesn't make her any less important for the group. It's not like her fans would just jump over to Sayanee because Sayanee's more popular when their appeals are completely different. I think Milky just began to view things differently, and realised the importance of her role next to Sayanee as NMB's top 2. Then if she wasn't there complementing Sayanee, I don't think either of them would have shone as much. There's a professional relationship of dependency there.

That being said, Antonio and Kobii, until now we don't know what their relationship is actually like. It wasn't fleshed out enough other than their positions as Head and Vice-head. But I think they both do genuinely care for each other. Kobii may have went out and acted selfishly on her own, but it's not like all she held against Antonio was resentment. If you watched that episode where Antonio was talking about revenge, not only did she have hints of concern for Antonio but in ep 7 when Kobii didn't tell the truth to Antonio about ambushing Sakura, and then in ep 8 when Antonio asked Kobii why she wasn't looking happy, her expression showed that somehow or rather, she still wanted to be in Antonio's good books. She didn't want Antonio to see her true self which was ugly and twisted.

And Antonio, as a given would be mad at Kobii, but I think that will be because she really cared. Yes, Antonio needed closure for some reason or another against Salt, and Kobii ambushing Salt would have "hurt" Antonio in that sense, but remember Kobii almost got very seriously injured and could have died as well if Salt didn't intervene to save her. As we have seen in past episodes, Antonio does care about her underlings, and didn't want unnecessary bloodshed. I think at this point, she'll care about Kobii's life more, the fact that she's ok and survived, because Kobii seems important to her regardless of their relationship. If there's a reason she is mad at Kobii, it'll be because of the danger Kobii put herself in, almost costing her own life.

Please just look at their gazes at episode 8. It told more than even words could say. When she told Kobii, "didn't you always want to jyabu jyabu with Majijo?", that showed that she was listening to Kobii all this time even if it seemed like she wasn't. Everything Antonio has been doing, she has been doing not just for herself, but for others. She was fighting for the top alongside the rest to give everyone a sense of purpose and reason for fighting, and at the same time, she was also trying to create the best situation for Kobii to be able to jyabu jyabu, and to ensure their victory. She waited for a long time and planned carefully, but clearly, things didn't go as planned.

16. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Kobii is more of an earnest person when it comes to fighting compared to thoughtful Antonio who made plan to take down Majisuka. The reason why she sent the two gekiojo straycat was to spice things up before their school assault on majisuka.

The pattern is at it follows :

- Antonio is first, Kobii is second in strength in Gekioko. They want to be the strongest and are taking all Yankee school one by one; majisuka is cherry on top.
    - Knowing Antonio history background with Salt, she is very careful when it comes to deal with majisuka, while Kobii wants to fight heads on with Salt school.
    - Kobii is starting to be irritated, having her conviction always contested by Antonio fierce authority, but she can't defy Antonio charisma and strength. Hence said, she wants to prove to Antonio that her way is the best way (sparkling the fire of war) by sending miru and fuuchan fight Sakura in the dark. From the beginning she wants to prove she has what it takes to beat majisuka.
    - Sakura is stronger than expected and her first plan was a failure. Milky pictured well a sentiment of hesitation as she was running away from Antonio's gaze. She showed some weakness, but after knowing the fight between Salt and Sakura was decided, she thought it was the perfect timing to show her strength to Antonio once again. The "look at me!" feeling is at his highest, since she failed on her first attempt to shake Majisuka.
    - Confident in her strength, she soon realize that she is no match for Salt. After Salt saving her from the iron bars, she feels even more frustrated how things turn out, loosing to Antonio (her plan was right) and to Salt ( showing mercy to your opponent hurt's a warrior pride). Even though Salt being out of the game is a good thing for her school, it also means she will never be acknowledged by Antonio since Salt sparred her. As she goes back to Antonio, to confront her in a defiant way is likely to not happen.

Probably the same thing Yoga wanted from Salt ( and she got it, eventually) as she wanted to be reliable toward Salt, but Kobii was more passionate and went it the hard way, even if it meant taking Salt from Antonio.

So yeah, Kobii action are logical according to how i see things in this drama.

17. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

While I think you might be over-thinking things and there are parts in your logic that I don't agree with, after watching the episode again, I saw/heard a line from "Kobi" that might indicate that you are right in your assessment.
    I will wait for the subs to confirm it.
    Thank you for your patience and the comprehensive explanation of your point of view.

@convenience93
    You are completely right. Post edited.
    Sorry for any inconvenience caused to those that hadn't seen the episode yet.

18. Laluna

Laluna Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    [​IMG]

Fan: how eps majisuka 4 and will it continue?
    Aki-p: 10 eps, and i have talk with ueno producer about majijo5 readiness..

On aki-p 755, he talk about majijo5..
    Its seems majijo 5 its confirmed..

Sorry if my japanese is bad, and i wrong translate that,

19. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    @gocchisama @hugoa I think neither of you are wrong in your interpretations. But I think it's somewhere in the middle ground. Full explanation in the last post in the previous page under spoiler xD

20. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I truly believe your interpretation is more based in you seeing what you want to see than anything else.
    This is not a critic to "Kobi" but I honestly doubt she could show all of those complex feelings and emotions in a gaze, especially while having so little screen time to actually create a character.