The SNH48 Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by sikanwan, Apr 21, 2012.

1. SakuWan

SakuWan Kenkyuusei

2. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Lol my thoughts exactly. And now they're going with Manatsu no Sounds good :lol:

TBH The dating scandals in JKT din't bother the fans really much... Unless there's so many evidence (Jcvan's scandal)
    There is a lot of member caught before, Frieska and some other that i forgot. Some fans at the time are annoyed that the official team didn't punish them for breaking the love ban, but maybe that's because everyone still take the golden rule seriously.

3. Raizy

Raizy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    *sigh* i'm going to say a few things. this is going to take longer than it's worth. Let's begin.

1: Regarding Wu Zhe's scandal, she handed herself in. to my knowledge there was no photographic evidence, the only evidence is oral evidence that she says she broke the rules, then apparently her mother was also involved. It was all dealt with behind scenes, carefully planned out for WuZhe. essentially she got kicked out and rejoined as a 4th Gen member, something that has happened before in 48G. She decided not to take the normal method which was to take a yellow card.

2: SNH inherited a lot of AKB fans from Japan, whether it's from their own curiosity or brought over by Mariyannu and Sae (this is not the forum to discuss which). IF they (93/ chinese management) remove the system, AKB fans will rage, and cause a huge mess, which no one wants. Instead from what i know we have a yellow card red card system, where a yellow card is a warning for what you have done and you 'take a break' for a period of time, and red card is basically you get kicked out. and seemingly we're all happy with the system. We just don't understand why the management is sometimes slow (Exhibit A: Xian Yu) or sometimes insanely fast (Exhibit B: Wu Zhe) or they just don't say anything and kind of let things handle themselves (Exhibit C: Gong Xiao He). It pisses me off personally.

3: i didn't see MaoMao apologise. i request graphic evidence. Also understand people are real pissed cause it was few days after Wu Zhe's incident, the guy has dated other members before (again, hats off to him for pulling that off) and people are bitter over Wu Zhe.

4: China doesn't technically have it's own 'idol' scene (Taiwan doesn't count, reason below), and the ones that do exist are kind of copies of existing ones. or crap. or unknown. or all three (sadly...). It's mostly because of China's history, Cultural Revolution and such, being relatively closed off to the rest of the world... but from what I've noticed, we're happy as long as they continue to do stuff, even after marriage.

5: Seemingly Chinese fans are very understanding (exceptions do exist), cause when Gong Xiao He left, everybody was literally wishing her well on her studies and continuing on with life. Or maybe it's china focus on studies...

6: bikini-themed MVs need to exist. For those fans. They need to pander to them a bit. Cause there's enough of them to cause a shift in the scene. Also what guy doesn't like seeing them :worthy:.

7:

4. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

AKB SNH - 48G is an all girls group, young girls from 13-25 or so.

If it were a all boys group it would have failed in the first year.

The product 48G is selling and that is making them hundreds of millions every year is pretty young girls singing and dancing at an amateur level, and trying to act cute, or produce a manufactured character they think will win fans to them.

An important part of the package is that these are single girls, they don't have much else to offer apart from being pretty.

It is not as though that they can sell themselves as great singers aka Mariah Carey, Mormon Tabernacle Choir, or great musicians Tommy Emmanuel, Itzac Perlman, are great song writers....and so on. People don't care if these performers are single, married, have families...they are supported for their supperior skills.

The 48G are amateurs in every respect....the pretty girl next door. And chances are the girl next door might actually sing and dance better than the members of the group.

But people/fans don't care that 48G are not professional standard dancers, singers or actors...they support them because they are single pretty cute girls acting out. This is the product, this is ALL they have. Its not the 48G songs, even though many are good, since if an all boys group did them they would do poorly, unless they were cool men like in Exile (and even then the singers are brilliant)

Being unattached is important to the product, important for generating crazy fans willing to spend tons of cash buying dozens of 48G products. It absolutely matters. Some girls get away with it, some get booted straight away.

It works like this.....if management think the girl is a possible good money generator, and that they can get away with it, they wont punish the girl, or give her a fake punishment...and see how things go. aka Shashihara. But Shashihara was popular not because she was cute, she aint, but because she was a rough edge comedian and not much else and had lots of exposure on TV in that persona, not as a cutesie idol.

If the 48G girls all had boyfriends you can kiss hundreds of millions sales each year goodbye...an important differentiating factor of the product for the major demographic has been lost. If this wasn't the case Management would not care about the issue, girls wouldn't bother with the 'unwritten' rule and resign when they get caught out, nor would media publish photos with glee. Management does care, the gilrs care too and know how dangerous it is.

In the mind of the major money spending fans they don't want images of their girl going home every night giving their boyfriend HJs, getting screwed to sunrise etc etc.....this cracks the mirror of the idol image. So if a short videos of Mohan giving a deep tongue kiss and being fondled by some boy appears on Youtube people wont mind?

NOW if people say they don't mind if the girls have boyfriends then it MUST follow by that logic that they cannot mind if the girl is married, and or has children. Right? You cant say one doesn't then say these other things do matter.

Being young single pretty and 'unsullied' is very important to the product. The girls know this, they joined up knowing the deal, simple and they cant and dont complain if they get caught out and punished...it is expected.

However I earlier suggested a way around termination, or it becoming an untamed issue, by creating a 'punishment' system, whereby the girl can be rebuilt, everyone is happy that they have been dealt with, and things go on as normal. Fans will be happy that justice has been handed out evenly, and the girls don't get chopped.

ALSO doing bikini, a for the older girls gravure shoots...is central to the product...this makes the business money...This IS a business you know, the girls contracted. They are there to get popular and maybe move on in the entertainment industry if they can. NOW if you say bikini is too sexy, well what about the way they dress in 48G.... short dresses..is sexual. Else you could not complain if they wore ankle length dresses, right.

: and for me, if 48G girls had boyfriends, then there would be zero reason to watch them really. They are Not great dancers, and mostly poor singers. So they got nothing except being young, pretty...but getting screwed at night by some guy. The product is the cute girl you wish you could date.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  5. Raizy

Raizy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    OK, i agree with you, they're a product, that is correct. but i somewhat think age is also an important factor. you said they are 'pretty YOUNG single' girls, i emphasize on the young because what about the older members? maybe not that old by 48G standards, but old just within the group? what are they meant to do? And yes i realise graduate is usually the answer, or go into SDN48 (and we all remember how that went...)

Oh and why does no one realise there already is a system in place? the yellow card red card system? i mean, it's SOMETHING right?

Oh, and finally the appeal was to watch them grow, not for them to be amateurs. if they remain amateurs after so long, i think people will flip tables and leave. The appeal was to watch as you said, 'the girl next door' grow from a sprouting bud into a lovely flower, blooming for everyone to see. and for that flower to be unsullied, which we know inside is probably untrue, but we can still hold onto the hopes that the flower remains a flower right?

6. Crests

Crests Member

Oshimen:
    Chen GuanHui
    Twitter:
    xiaoaishiteru
    Oh the Renren actually getting kicked out thing makes me worried about Maomao, I wish they'd reveal what they're gonna do with her soon >...<

I wonder what'll happen with that show thing she does with SiYi/AnQi/XiaoYu

7. Sisi

Sisi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    chensi
    Fans war !

if the video does not show watch the video here

Maomao's fans and Dai Meng's fans have spent 117,000 yuan, of which 82,000 yuan in 9 minutes for february popularity ranking.

8. Hedonist

Hedonist Kenkyuusei

SNH's statement said she got demoted. So I don't know if she did get kicked out or its fan speculation. SNH's management would seem to say if she got kicked out and said she decided to audition for 4th gen.

The current concept and understanding of Idols is relatively new, and the current standard was imported. However, HK and Taiwan Idols have always been semi-popular in China, if you ask any member of the public about old school idols they will know them. Back then Idols encompassed Solo singer idols to groups who were young and good looking, but back then the word Idol wasn't stuck to someone's career as it is now. And the word Idol wasn't used as negatively as it is today. Some of the biggest Asian stars started their career as young idol-like singers.

9. Crests

Crests Member

Oshimen:
    Chen GuanHui
    Twitter:
    xiaoaishiteru
  10. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    What a bet :lol:
    So instead of wearing the song's uniform she's going to wear swimsuit?

11. Raizy

Raizy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    Yep. And I think she can do it! Jokes that there isn't much to see on YuXin >_>

12. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Yep the girls if they are smart, have some real talent, can use their time in SNH to promote themselves into a longer career when they graduate aka AKB.

I think they should just have the one rule....which is common to sport as well....'bringing SNH into disrepute' which can cover any sort of activity from drug taking, gambling, screwing around, saying really bad things etc etc.... and a simple clear penalty system that gives them all a second go. Fans and the girls know exactly what it is and their can be no moaning later.

And I love the bikini songs....hot girls (grown ups) in bikinis...whats not to like.

SNH management are lucky in that they actually have a number of talented potential singers there....and should make use of that in a more overt way....as I have said previously.....have a competition, give a solo single to the winner. Doesn't have to be overly exensive...and is great marketing as well.

13. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    IIRC they send some of their member to sing and judged in Chinese Idol?

SNH could do a karaoke/singing competition between the girls in a big venue and do just fine, imo. The one who gets most point from professional judge gets a solo contract :hehe:

14. cennezu

cennezu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    qianbeiting
    Twitter:
    iamtaruchin
    So, SNH will have four special stages called "Xin Mei Zhi Guang" from March 20th-22nd.

Teams SII, NII, and HII will be performing together, and these stages will be 24-person stage. Meaning new positions, new units.

Also the show will be on air. (so I guess it'll be streaming).

I AM HERE FOR THIS.

(announced via SNH's official weibo)

15. Sisi

Sisi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    chensi
    Cool, I look forward to watching this course.:XD:

16. Raizy

Raizy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    where does it say four? I only see version 1 version 2 twice.

17. cennezu

cennezu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    qianbeiting
    Twitter:
    iamtaruchin
    Idk, I saw a translation on Twitter that it was four, whoops.

18. donnyhuang

donnyhuang Kenkyuusei

i think what cennezu mean is there are total 4 stage

there are :
    20 March 19.00 CST : Version A (Live Streaming)
    21 March 14.00 CST : Version B
    21 March 19.00 CST : Version A (Live Streaming)
    22 March 19.00 CST : Version B (Live Streaming)

19. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
  20. Sisi

Sisi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    chensi