1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[PC GAME] Majisuka Gakuen 4 The Game

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by JeijeiFin, Mar 14, 2015.

1. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

FULL VERSION IS RELEASED!

Majisuka Gakuen 4 The Game
    is a strategic fighting game based on Majisuka Gakuen season 4. FULL version of the game can be downloaded at https://sites.google.com/site/mg4thegame/ .

In the game there is strategy in two levels. On the higher level the player needs to decide in which order the battles are fought and which characters/units are used in them. On the lower level there is a turn-based fighting system with ActionPoints. The goal of the game is to reach the top by defeating all the opponents.

[​IMG]

Tooltips with useful information are show whenever you move your mouse pointer on a skill or character. If offensive skill is selected, you can see what is your chance to hit the opponent. A chance to hit is higher when you attack from side and highest when attacking from behind the target.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  2. EraMemory

EraMemory Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Booyah! You know I love this shit :D

3. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

DEMO version of MG4TheGame can be downloaded at https://sites.google.com/site/mg4thegame/ .

If you don't have Microsoft .NET 4.5 library, you can download it here.

If you want me to finish the game, please let me know. If no one wants full version, I will leave the game as it is now and use my freetime for something else. :p

4. EraMemory

EraMemory Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Just finished the demo.

Very nicely made, by means of game design! I enjoy the idea of selecting which team/party to send out, which while in the beginning matters little, I can definitely see it becoming an important decision in the future. Some elements of the preivous game have been retained, ergo the punch/hold/special skill system we are used to, while the new gird map, chess-style gameplay now makes range and movement a factor in the battle. New skills have been born to make use of this grid-map gameplay, such as ranged skills like Kenpou's Throw Book :D The level Design for the beginning is well done too- whether it's Sakura going against Hinabe, Gekioko, or Kamisori/Zombie first, it plays out nicely with the story. And the clips from the drama are a nice addition too :) Art is still the cheap cropping of pictures, but it works , and understandably you're a game designer, not an artist. It'ld take much more time to do art or animation, in which case may be unnecessary anyway.

The fights are almost too easy, though, save for Gekioko, mostly due to KY; but once you put a good enough plan to take her out, it's easy-peasy. Sakura's Maji skill is awesome- I can see it being the game-changer during an inevitable all-out Yabakune/Majisuka battle.

All in all very nice, and I like how this is turning out. I suppose you plan to do more in the future as the series progresses; I look forward to see them. You could even do a crossover with characters from Majisuka 1 & 2 as a bonus stage once the series finishes :) Would be epic to have Yuuko/Acchan vs Salt/Sakura.

5. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

I improved AI characters' pathfinding a bit. It's still not perfect, but now AI characters should find a route to the target, when the most direct path is blocked. New version can be downloaded at the game's website. You need to remove old version of MG4TheGameDEMO before you can install the new one.

In most of the fights this improved pathfinding doesn't really matter, but "KY vs. Hinabe" is a bit harder now. However, you can still move&heal&move&heal forever if you like and then throw stones when you get a chance. A bit longish fight, but IMO not that hard.

"KY vs. Kamisori&Zombie", on the other hand, is now a very boring battle. Just tried that and it took me over 15 minutes to win (Zombie raised up twice). Not that hard, when you learn the strategy, that is when to move, when to heal and when to attack - but very boring. :)

6. Syaro

Syaro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Awesome Demo, man. I played it for an hour and it felt like ten minute to me. lol
    I'm a game programmer, myself, although I'm still a beginner. I like the game play, it felt smooth and a strategy game kinda fits the show. I'm a RPG kind of person, so it would be kinda nice to see like some sort of progression in the characters, like a level in a way as the story progresses or something. Although it's just a suggestion. I hope to see the full version soon, although the show ended not to long ago. xD

7. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

You might have noticed that some of the skills (like KY's better Heal and Sakura's Upper cut) were always grayed in the demo. My plan was, that a reward for defeating certain opponents would be unlocking skills. For example after defeating Yoga, Upper cut would be unlocked for Sakura.

At the moment I'm not even considering developing the game any further, bacause basically no one would play it. Whereas thousands of people have downloaded the latest version of MajisukaFightSim, only 70 or so have downloaded this demo so far.

I guess there would be a lot of potential players in Japan or Indonesia, if only they knew about this game. So, if you know any Indonesian or Japanese fan forums, feel free to post there a link to the game's website. ;)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  8. EraMemory

EraMemory Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    What engine are you using to build your games? I'd guess Unity, for the clean interface that Unity provides, but I could be wrong.

9. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

In Nanashi's Mission I used Unity. MG4TheGame, however, is just a normal Visual Studio WPF project.

10. pesbs

pesbs Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I will like to see the full version of Majisuka Gakuen 4 PC Game. It is fun to play.

11. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Oops. This Also? How Many ..Edit: How i Can change levels? Wich Order opponents is best? Why at So less download it? Because it deserewed Much more!

when i beging, Sakura Was Let me feelings at i play Naruto's Sakura!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  12. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

That mg3 You use Unity. What You now use?
    As Like i mentioded it wasnt matter whose Sakura First chalance. But Then it is... Sakura wasnt chosed. If there isnt cooldowns it Was toi Easy. Hi->Ky->Wa is Then best Order.

13. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

In MG4TheGame I used Visual Studio 2012.

14. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

jeijeiFin, what order is right?

15. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

All the orders are right. I recommend completing the demo multiple times using different orders.

16. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

My best was: I win Sakkura that center team, Then i try chalange Ky´s one. Then Wam/Zom
    I self ko one them and other ko Ky ...

17. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

KY vs. Kamisori&Zombie is the hardest battle of the demo. ;) Even I need over 15 minutes to win it.

Better try these first:
    - Kamisori&Zombie => Hinabe => KY
    - Hinabe => Kamisori&Zombie => KY
    - KY => Hinabe => Kamisori&Zombie

18. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

Full version of MG4TheGame is now released and can be downloaded at https://sites.google.com/site/mg4thegame/ .

After completing a Phase:
    - cooldowns are reset.
    - you can save your progress.

Changes:
    - Added difficult levels Normal and Easy. If you select Easy, the game is started with Sakura (cooldown 2 battles) and Takamina (cooldown 1 battle).
    - AI healers are now healing others as well.
    - Weakened Kamisori&Zombie a bit (but they are still useful).
    - KY can be used against Gekioko.

Against tougher opponents it is even more important, that you do NOT keep attacking them from front. For example Kamisori&Zombie have 0% chance to hit Yoga from front but about 70% chance to hit her from behind. That's a big difference!

And remember: in this game Maji is a group skill. ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  19. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Antonio was 235 hp... thats much? oh my...
    Well at that picture, i cant cam...
    Thanks to this anyway!

Edit: but my selft i like more that campaing, but, campaing and battles like this?
    Wery difficult?

20. EraMemory

EraMemory Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Played (and is still playing) the game- GODDAMMIT ROUND 3!!!

My only gripe is the slight over-dependency on luck here. Most of the time, even with the best distribution and formation formed, a lot of the game hinges on hoping the enemy misses or you landing a lucky hit. And yes, that's with the positions (attacking from different positions to lure the enemy's back open) taken into account. However, it's not too game-breaking; just a little too tacky on the luck side, from my analysis.

...So yeah.

Round 3 is just not cutting it for me :(

I've taken to pitting Sakura, KY and Kamisori + Zombie against Salt. My strats involve keeping KY at the side and keep throwing stones, while Sakura tank the brunt of the damage with Kamisori/Zombie stealing in hoping to land a lucky Hold or Poisoning Claw when Salt's distracted. It works... one out of twenty times, maybe. Like I said, factor of luck.

Of course, I've pitted the majority of the entire army; Team Hinabe, KY, Kamisori/Zombie and Sakura against Salt and won before, leaving me with just Magic and Salt to fight Milky's troops... but that proves hard, especially when they beat Magic and gang up on Salt.

And no Takamina for me :( Because hard mode all the way :wall:

...Any tips?