Event / Concert AKB48 Spring Shuffle 2015

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ithebigc, Mar 26, 2015.

1. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    IMHO, Silenka's post above kinda summed it.

However, I am somehow sure Haruu is a one of the better choice for team K vice captain. Afterall she had shown some leadership stuffs in team 4. not a perfect leader, but I believe she can shine if she is given chance. At least she is a more leader and has shown more leadership skills than Yui ever has despite her getting so much chance to show her leadership skills.

2. Center

Center Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    You guys also think that variety idols have good leadership skills??

3. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    could you elaborate more abt that?

4. Center

Center Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    Komari, sashiko, miichan, sayaka, akane, minarun.. They're really good at variety.. I think being outspoken helps to communicate to members... IMO tho..

5. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Yup, I think you are rite. I think it's because the variety idols tend to have higher confidence. But doesnt mean all variety idols are good leader and vice versa.

6. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

And when they get 16 kennin, and make a full kennin team.... I look forward to there being kennin.kennins to replace kennins in a team. Maybe bring in Miwa to front the kennins of Team K, she would be awesome, looks good, great personaility, can actually sing and compose music...and do it all live. Perfect for K.

In a commercial organisation if you put kennins in to all groups/departments to do the work....well nobody learns, nobody grows, productivity dies and management get the sack. Stuffing the front of teams with Kennins is the best way to stop the development of members within a team, and their popularity growing...and maybe this is why management do it? I basically treats the girls in 48G as backup dancers....to be fronted by selected kennins who will fill the front in this and that group. Are they trying to concentrate popularity to a certain group of girls?

Kennin idea is most certainly an anti-development process, and I now think that maybe is the exact reason for it. You would fail your MBA promoting an idea like this. It is so obviously stupid it must be deliberately stupid.

To take this idea to its logical conclusion 48G should simply state they have a pool of front girls whom they will use to front different groups, whose girls will be back dancers.

7. Center

Center Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    This kenin thing started with J right?

8. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Why is Yui's move to Team A a no brainer? Is it mandatory that the GM should come from Team A?

9. Ender Wiggin

Ender Wiggin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Ah ok, I see where you're coming from. So it's mostly performance-based issues outside of the Team K setting. That's funny considering I was going to use a choreography-related example to show why Shimada would make a good vice captain.

I forgot which documentary, show, or behind-the-scenes special this was from, but from what I remember, Oshima K was preparing for a show and I guess they were having some issues with the choreography. No one seemed to be sure about the steps, so Shimada goes off digging into her backpack and whips out the choreography sheets. The members all start going "Sugoi!" while she places the sheets all over the stage. Yuko then starts talking about how reliable Shimada is when it comes to these types of situations.

Another example involving Yuko was during AKB Show Ep. 11, when Yuko specifically mentioned Shimada (and Mocchi) as the ones picking up the leadership slack whenever she was away from the team (which was a lot). I actually think this is one of the main reasons why management decided to start up the Vice Captain position.

Shimada was also praised for her leadership skills by Sayaka Akimoto during one of her ANN stints (she was either hosting with Shimada or they were just talking about her, I can't remember). She also said that Shimada should be the captain instead of Minarun during the "Show Must Go On" part when they were talking about the Team 4 leadership debacle.

Finally, there's Tamura from London Boots (host on Naruhodo HS). I forgot which show it was (probably was NHS), but he said something along the lines of Shimada was his oshi because he's seen how hard she works behind the scenes. There's a gif of this somewhere on tumblr.

That's about all the examples I can think of off the top of my head. But yeah, when two AKB captains give their seal of approval, I would think that she would fit the part rather well.

About her performance flubs and such, I don't think that really matters when it comes to her being a good vice captain. Especially if it's one-off situations like an anniversary unit or something else she doesn't normally do. It doesn't really affect her ability to lead imo. She might not be the best example to follow when it comes to showmanship in front of the camera, but maybe that's why they have Miichan as captain. The members can look up to her if they want someone reliable for their dancing or variety skills. Shimada, on the other hand, will be the work horse who keeps things running behind the scenes and when the captain is away.

I'm also not quite sure what you meant when you said you haven't seen Shimada openly support any of the girls on stage like Yuko or Takamina. Do you mean support as in providing mental support for members who break down into tears or support like shouting "Ganbare!" when a member has to do something? Whatever the case may be, I can think of one reason why you haven't seen her supporting other members on stage. Because the camera is hardly on her to begin with! :XD:

Seriously though, it's hard to tell what she does or doesn't do most of the time (especially when senbatsu members are present). It's also hard to compete with the likes of Takamina and Yuko when it comes to dishing out support. Their words and actions have weight to them, and they are very zealous about it. Shimada though, she is just Gian...the butt of all the fat jokes. The brash 9th gen who likes to cook, eat, and play tennis. Maybe she doesn't want to break character, or maybe she thinks that her words wouldn't mean much to others. It's really hard to tell given her situation. Off-camera though, she does support members and ex-members alike by going to their plays, concerts, and such.

Anyway, yeah...there you go. That's why I think she deserves to be a captain/vice captain.

10. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

To be exact Ju and Milky

11. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Is it just me or are they trying to create that "ori K" vibe with Minegishi K??

They have the new "Three towers" Jurina Sayanee Miichan, the new "performance squad" TanoTomu Moe Yuami Manami, the new "Erena-Maachan-Kana (babies, i perhaps??)" Haruppi Mion Ikumin, the new "Dakishime crew" Akicha Yagi Ayanan, Nonti's successor Shimada.

12. goh1925

goh1925 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    I've nothing against Shimada but disagree Shimada is a better leader than Yui.
    I'm not even going to argue why because she rarely get the chance to show it.
    Besides, how are you going to compare "leadership" anyway?

13. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

Yui is everything, but that's why she has to go to Team A everytime she shows progress :awesome:

14. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    with Nyan/Annin didn't participating SSK, look like team a will lose 4 popular member this year.

just hope they don't fix with add kennin, like they did in the team k lol

15. Muni

Muni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Nah. In Team A's case they'll throw in the members with most potential (like Mion, Kojimako, Tano, Juri), give them senbatsu spots but always at the back and they'll never become "aces". Lol

16. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    So I took what you wrote, and changed just one word. :D Otherwise I left your misspellings to speak for them selves.

I have a feeling if there never where such a thing as the kennin system, you would be complaining about the Senbatsu regulars. It is the same old tired argument of "so-and-so are pushed over such-and-such. It is terrible and never will work." When clearly, it has worked. Look at all those #1's. :)

Just my two cent's from what I saw reading this last post in your constant bashing of any and all kennin positions.

17. Aston

Aston Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    In my opinion, when J had to promote for both AKB and SKE in 2008, she became a kennin in some ways. It's just because management hadn't thought about something call 'kennin'. But the first from of kennin when someone is promoting in more than 1 group at the same time was started with Jurina.

18. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Jurina, Kennin Primeā„¢

19. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    ace position just one spot, but i think give senbatsu spots better than nothing lol

20. masguas

masguas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Twitter:
    MasagusRivani
    my biggest worries are that this next team A will lose 4 senbatsu member (already happen to team K, imo), Takamina-Ricchan who already announced graduation and Kojiharu-Annin who maybe will announce graduation soon. so that left only Yui and Paruru as regular senbatsu member (Sakura is HKT). maybe Naanya could fill Kawaei's spot in team A 16-nin but it's too soon as regular senbatsu member (same case as Miion). what are management planning to do to manage this? i don't like any kennin solution like Team K(ennin) did. maybe team 4 will disband again (after mostly <9th gen member graduate) and do another shuffle? but.....