The Gamer Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by transcendental_protagonis, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

2. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

hehe if u dnt believe it FF7 used to be my life it was the first step into the japanese world!!!

i'v played alot of times but it was hard at first cuz graphics were bad and story long but really good!! u wouldnt believe how much i cried

now i cant wait to play the new version of it!!!

3. Gloworm

Gloworm Kenkyuusei

There's a new version of FF7 coming out? Last I heard the PS3 version was only a tech demo.

4. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

What's coming out is rumor x) I hope in the soon coming E3 Square will either pwn the noobs by sayin that there wont be FF7, OR pwn everyone for saying that there will be.

5. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

i was talking bout the FF7 in advent children style ! the one which is on PS3 or something!

6. CDevil

CDevil Member

Yep that one was just a PS3 demo to get the fans excited, but I don't think a remake has been officially announced. I think they'd be crazy NOT to remake the older Final fantasy games some time in the future. They're already milking FFVII as much as they can with those mediocre adaptations, they'd make so much money by just remaking it for the PS3.

Speaking of Final fantasy, last night I FINALLY completed FFVIII :lol: I played it 8 years ago but kinda gave up on disc 2 lol. The story wasn't that great and junctioning magic was really annoying but I actually enjoyed the game a lot :mrgreen: And now I'm finally free to do loads of other stuff.

Has anyone seen THIS? Dead or alive girls vs Final fantasy girls = EPIC!!!!!

7. Aigon

Aigon Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    They've re-released every FF up to VI on the GBA and other handhelds, and they've remade FFIII and IV on the DS. A FFVII remake would not surprise me in the least.

Though, I'd rather see something done with FFVIII. It would be awesome if they did something similiar to what they did with FFVII (prequels/sequels), but I'd love to see it remade for the current gen systems.

In other news, I only just recently got around to preordering a copy of WOW: Wrath of the Litch King. I'm still surprised about how easy it will be to unlock the Death Knight class.

Edit: I just got around to watching the latest trailer for Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II, and my mind was blown. To sum it up: OMG Tyranids!!!! Its about time :D

8. amcks

amcks Kenkyuusei

havent tried ffIV
    kinda wanna try it in DS^^

9. lamenth

lamenth Kenkyuusei

The Stage48 Institute for Akimoto Sayaka Worship
    Wow.. that rumor is still running around? Like the others have said, that was just a PS3 tech demo. Recently there was in interview with the director of FFVII (and also FFVII crisis core), and they briefly touched on the topic of a remake. Once again - they're saying no remake is in progress, as he'd prefer any remake be done by the original team. Who are all busy on the other games... like FFXIII and FFXIII Versus (source)

If i had to guess, I'd say a remake WILL happen, but not until after FFXIII is released. Maybe they'll release it for the PSP's successor.

10. Aigon

Aigon Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    That would suck to be honest. I would rather it be on a console so they could make it as spectacular as possible. Similar to the tech demo.

11. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    I recall in a different interview that the FFVII guy said that a remake to the standards shown in the tech demo would require a team of like 100+ people, and they don't have the resources for it, so it'll never happen. I'd be happy if they just reissued the game with better controls, I can't play it because of the awful movement controls, I want to throw it out the window after 10 minutes... :roll: :lol:

12. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

really? too bad!!
    but i never said that its been released though i only said that i want to play it!!

btw i never finished FFVIII till this day i'm still stuck lol !! though i'm trying !

13. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    I've played FFVIII 5 times, finished it 3. :lol: My absolute favourite FF game, I love it to bits. The only real flaw it has (apart from being released after the frankly overpraised FFVII) is the imbalance in character time distribution about half way through the game; about half your team are about 5-10 levels higher than the other half due to story elements. That's easily fixed if you're a power leveller and head to those Heaven/Hell islands, of course...

14. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

FF7 is da best imo <3 And FF9 O:

15. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

yep i prefer FF7 OVER ALL! next comes VIII

16. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

Anyone who played (and liked) Beyond Good & Evil? O:

17. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    I picked it up for PS2 like a year after everybody was all "best game nobody ever played" (you know, like they did over Ico etc...). Didn't think much of it and stopped playing to be honest. The fact it was the PAL version and had an absolutely terrible conversion (with no option to go to NTSC mode) made it even worse... should've picked up the Xbox version or something...

It's memories like that which make me so happy we're living in the age of HD now. <3

18. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

Not the best, but certainly an outstanding one :) Ofc it had its annoying parts as well (like a mission where you had to go up, but bcuz of the camera-system you couldn't see it unless checked a guide x( ), but its lovely :D And there's a second ep coming soon! O:

Jade Empire anyone? (I should stop peeking into my xbox games dvd case :p )

19. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Jade Empire totally did it for me. I played through it twice, once as evil dude and again as good chick. So much fun. I can't understand why people put it down, it was another Bioware masterpiece. Ah well...

20. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

^ I'd rather not comment the reason I've heard from countless sources (yes, racial thing). I love it :D When I was playing evil, I felt bad for some reason :( Killing the water dragon and such :( I hate how the PC version got the combos, and Xbox version didn't :( Heck combos are fer consoles :D