1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert AKB48 in New York for Japan Day 2015

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by memorybreak, Apr 10, 2015.

1. shirocha

shirocha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae, Kinoshita Momoka
    Twitter:
    soonyoungi_
    I was really up for it when I thought it'd be a concert, but I'm not sure anymore mmm
    It's so close to the elections+convention season that'll I'll be suuper broke.
    Greyhound out of Toronto looks to be super cheap! :D It's just the hotel cost + my complete lack of a sense of direction that'd destroy me.
    But Kojiharu...

2. trxsh

trxsh Member

Rather than a hotel, I was leaning towards taking the greyhound back the same day/evening actually. Sense of direction, well I've never been to nyc, but I have a feeling it shouldn't be too hard to find central park ^^

3. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

Well I'm going, though I'm already in the US right now

4. Bushido

Bushido Kenkyuusei

Wow, lots of people from Toronto considering. I am heavily debating it myself.

5. junjou19

junjou19 Member

^ yeah, I meant forum members, but thanks anyway :) @Scryed887

6. lordnoobs

lordnoobs Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Alright, seeing as I went and got a passport already, anyone interested in taking the greyhound down together and maybe splitting costs on a hotel room? 23 year old male here.

7. junjou19

junjou19 Member

I'd totally do it but no. 16 year old girl here! As much as I'm interested in splitting costs...just no. And I'm pretty sure we're coming from opposite directions so...sorry

And oh yeah I still don't know if I'm going

8. GeoFreak

GeoFreak Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hayashimomoka
    Twitter:
    GeoFreak17
    I just bought my bus tickets. I managed to snag a $1 BoltBus ticket for the trip back to Boston, woot!

Would anyone be interested in hanging out and going to eat and/or do karaoke after the show?

9. RoseInProse

RoseInProse Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    I would like to do that, but the Monday after is the start of finals week, so I probably can't linger after the show for too long. :(

10. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Sounds good, but I'm in the same boat with finals and all. If anyone wants to hang out before the show, I heard there's free food at the fair and I'll probably be there early with my family.

11. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

I think it'll be cool to meet other stage48 members / akb48 fans there before the show and we'll naturally do anyway since we're going to the same place. I'm reluctant to give up any good spots though :XD:

12. pakaulaw

pakaulaw Member

Twitter:
    MarJ_Yokoyama
    Since i'll be dropping by my sister's place, i'll be coming from Boston as well. Too bad my flight back to Chicago from NY is at 9 pm on the 10th but i'm down with hanging out with people after the event and before I go to the airport. Maybe trade some stuff. LOL

13. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Yeah, it'd be cool to meet people. No idea where a meeting point could be though

14. Bushido

Bushido Kenkyuusei

Seems overkill for me to plane there but busing so long. If there a small group coming from Toronto, I'll consider it more. We could also keep ourselves awake and explore the city so don't have to book a hotel. LOL

15. Raiden

Raiden Kenkyuusei

If anyone wants to get last minute support goods like uchiwas, drop me a pm. I can ship over some stuff since I'm in Japan. Want to make it the best possible scene for them.

I told Tomu and Hira a lot of people would be coming so you guys better represent. Lol

16. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Even if it's just me standing there in the crowd, I'll still represent lol

I feel like I should get penlights but idk...sounds like a lot of trouble

17. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

I have no experience, but I don't know how well penlights work in daylight.

18. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

There's another point you should bear in mind. If you were attending a concert in a theater full of AKB48 fans, the penlights would be a must, but I guess this time the fans will be only a (small) part of the audience...so if you wave a penlight when nobody else around has one maybe it will look a bit weird...

19. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    I think pen lights would be a good way for the girls to notice you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

^Karles48 is right. This isn't a full blown AKB event. It's Japan day with 20 minutes of AKB. 95% of the people there will probably be there for Japan day who have interest in Japanese culture but not necessarily AKB. Not to mention this event is free in NYC, so expect a sh!t ton folks who have interest in neither, just going because its free. Me personally I will keep a low profile lol.