Failed push; really ?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by lionel90, May 27, 2015.

1. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Oshi
    The term Oshi (推し) applies to fans. For example, if a fan's oshimen is Yokoyama Yui, he is a Yui-oshi. Another example is the song "Team B Oshi" [Team B Fan].

honestly, the way i see it, it means i am a fan of someone, and sure thing, i am a fan of all those girls, i don't have to vote or post in their thread in every 3 seconds to be considerend a fan of someone, plus the word "fan" in itself means you like someone -> i see no problem with the way i see it, if you do, too bad. People see the word "fan" differently anyway, sorry i don't have the same view as yours. You even took the time to count how many girls i'm a fan of, that's a lot of work and i'm pretty sure you counted wrong too

i still don't see the point, what, so many oshis are pushed a lot already, therefore i have to stop and cry for 105350325 other girls in the whole 48G, i have to feel bad everyday about them and not wanting more for my favs, now that's just flawed logic, fans always want more for their girls, if people stay content all the time the SSK would be a mess every year since no one would vote for the girls un top since they get a lot.
    My problem is that you only seem to nitpick certain people, if you like to have problems with this so much, i'm pretty sure you can find anyone here and they would be like that too considering you see people complaining why their oshis don't get enough everyday, even Takamina fans and Mayu fans who get a lot of stuff. But then i guess you only like to target Sakura fans considering the whole Sakura vs Haruppi mess.

I do go to Haruppi thread and HKT thread from time to time and i'm pretty sure people go "why Haruppi no top 16, why isn't she in, bad mgm blah blah blah" every 10 posts, so no i do think Haruppi fans are like this too, everyone is, that's just normal and i don't see a reason why it shoulnd't be.
    I'm more than happy Sakura is pushed so much, did i say i'm unhappy, no my post never said anything like that, it only said about my opinions that Sakura wans't pushed accordingly in the past and in HKT still not, i sure as hell am happy Sakura is the 2nd most successful in HKT and is in the elites and I in no way indicated that i wasn't. So i sure as hell don't know where this comes from lol.

You should stop reading too much into stuff, it might hurt you head :XD:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  2. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I like both Sakura and Haruppi but Sakura really should be the face of HKT if we're gonna based it on popularity. like what Rie said in a documentary. it's alright for her to be not chosen in senbatsu line-up if she didn't contributed to make AKB48 more popular. and Sakura contributed a lot to HKT's popularity imo. next to Sasshi. Sakura is the most popular HKT original member. and to think that she surpassed what management invested on her compared to Haruppi, Meru and Mio.

I think it's alright that Sakura isn't the main center of HKT since it will only make it easier for her to be fully transferred to AKB. actually, it only made Sakura look much better when people find out she's not centering HKT singles but she's slaying her way to the SSK unlike Haruppi, Meru and Mio. Sakura just stands out on her own and that's what an ace material possess like Yuko, Sayanee, Paruru or other top members who were the stars of their own generation. undeniable growing popularity first before the massive push.

it all comes down to whoever is the most marketable member in their own gen or group anyway. and Sakura belongs to the top class of marketable members now. so, I could see why Sakura fans are still frustrated on why Sakura isn't the face of HKT yet but on the contrary Sakura is proclaimed as AKB's next gen ace and a stable regular senbatsu member now. it's actually good that Sakura is not hogging all the spotlight left and right anyway. it makes her more likeable.

3. Pierxe

Pierxe Kenkyuusei

sorry i wasnt clear, i meant they decided to put her in AKB48 and hope that she will possibly boost the sales lol
    it was a safe risk to see if the nogi46 fans would decide to push their efforts for her to be in KnP or not.

agreed.
    to me its completely ok for sakura to not be a fulltime HKT gurl lololol so she can go to akb48 one day :hehe:
    cause girls like sayanee and jurina are like complete iconic sister group representatives
    sakura can play both roles and the fans wouldnt really mind adjusting to it hahah.

i still find it scary that both jurina and kojimako are thesame age lol
    it would be exciting to see a rivalry between these two.
    i cant see jurina rivaling paru since the age diference paru might graduate earlier so yeah.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2015
  4. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    honestly, I couldn't see Kojimako as a rival to Jurina in the future. I don't know. Kojimako is likeable but imo she just don't standout on her own. if ever their is any member that could rival Jurina. it's really Sakura. only time could tell if Kojimako or other AKB younger gen members could put into reality what the fans or management expect out of them.

5. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I like kojimako, but sorry.. Just can't put her in the same discussion with Jurina, especially with Kojimako not even making it in prelim rankings. To be quite frank, if Kojimako doesn't make it to undergirls, it will be a huge failed push. There's a strong chance it might happen unfortunately.

6. jell0

jell0 Kenkyuusei

I think the comparison was intended to be in terms of having similar energy levels and performance styles.

Did they perform together at any point when they were both on Team K?

7. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    watch the recent AKB48 Team K Zenkoku Tour. Jurina is not that energetic compared to Tano Yuka or Sayanee if I will based it on their perf. on that tour. maybe Jurina is just exhausted. Kojimako is just okay imo. not that energetic but not lifeless either.

8. Pierxe

Pierxe Kenkyuusei

i think thts completely all right (maybe)
    paruru ranked 28th (UG) in the 2nd gen elections
    but in the 3rd gen elections she didnt rank at all
    the management might give kojimako a magic push lol
    probably rig janken to make her center :hehe:

9. jell0

jell0 Kenkyuusei

I wouldn't mind a Kojimako center. I'm curious about her :blush:

10. Galaxy Red

Galaxy Red Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I am following JKT recently and I think cindy yuvia is an example of failed push. she is being pushed as KIII ace, regular senbatsu member and front row. but only ranked 9th on 2nd JKT sousenkyo while her team mate ratu vienny ranked 7th and non-pushed team mate priscilia ranked 8th.

11. Pierxe

Pierxe Kenkyuusei

lol is milky an example of a fail push?

and what abou sae, shes not a fail push shes still an active fan favorite but the management is doing their best to get rid of that by moving her butt from group to group.

12. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Actually it means to push, which most people interpret as a tangible action. I think your misinterpretation is similar to many others' around this forum. To say that being a fan of a girl is to "oshi" them is quite an oversimplification. Now you might be thinking "What difference does it make what terminology I use? What's it to you?" To me that is a backwards way of looking at it. Instead of asking what it means to you and I, perhaps we should think about what it means to the members themselves...

If you meet a member and tell her she is your oshimen, how is she going to interpret that? Do you think she is going to think that she is one in a long list? Doubtful. She is going to take that as HER being YOUR oshimen. Your #1 girl. Top of the mountain, queen of the castle. Would you really tell her that she is your oshimen, and so are 10 other girls? You wouldn't. I bet deep down even you understand how that would come across.

So if you are wondering why your signature raises more than a few eyebrows around here, this is the reason. It comes across as being a bit shallow. Don't get me wrong, it is fine to like a lot of members. Heck, I like quite a few girls myself. But I don't call them my oshimen, nor do I tell them they are my oshimen because of what they are going to infer from me saying it. It would come across as insincere when the truth is that my ultimate "oshimen" is Wasamin.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  13. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    No and no.

Milky is more of an example of how scandal can stunt a girl's momentum and change mgmt's plans for her. Even then, all NMB girls besides Sayanee are struggling in SSK so she's not a really an exception.

Sae had her hayday, she was always there as a popular supporting character never an ace and now she's one of the older members who's role is to support and guide the new gen. While some of the things that's happened to her would have probably sunk other girl's popularity, I don't think the intention of mgmt was ever to purposely sabotage her but try to find a place for her in their new gen plan.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Love_Meetan

Love_Meetan Kenkyuusei

Failed : Triple 7th Gen Komori , Maeda , and Sato !

15. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    well, the not-so successful generation are 4th, 6th, 7th and 8th. at that time the 1st-3rd Gen are at their prime and the creation of sister groups so, no replacement or no moving up for the others unlike now.

Milky is not a failed push but her two scandal had been the caused of her fall down. either way. I think Sayanee would have still outrank her or outpopular her or their at the same level. I think it's just Sayanee's fate to be NMB's center/face. at first. she was supposed to be just the leader but we know how it turns out for her. no wonder why Takamina said she respect Sayanee even though she's her junior. she plays two role as the face and overall leader of NMB.

16. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    ^i don't think Akicha's a failed push. She had her momentum but she just can't hold on to it once her push is gone so she fell down hard. But i'm still calling Myao a failed push because she her highest rank was around the 20s in 1st election and she never ranked up despite her great position in Team B, but instead she fell down while the push is still there

17. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    in fairness to Myao. she joined the senbatsu line-up at the time of the rise of SKE W.Matsui so, no wonder she can't keep up and keep falling down. while I don't know with Akicha. she was still a senbatsu member till 2012 came. and 2012 was the start of management pushing new gen era members.

18. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Akicha is not a failed push. She actually fell out of glory quite long after her push stops. She wanst that pushed like how management Yuihan, or even Myao. However, her dip in rank was further catalysed by JKT transfer. And AKicha fan still managed to vote her trademark centered song Kimi no koto ga suki dakara to a decent rank. Myao isnt a failed one either. She only get internal push.
    Failed one would be Maachan imo. We have discussed that in the "what happen if maachan didnt graduate?" There were members who despite huge push cant manage to rank. I didnt remember who they were so yeha.

Out of topic, but I kinda agree with this. I wonder how the girls react when a fan told them she is their oshimen, then she managed to hear that the same person tell this to other person. Not impossible since the members can coincidentally see fan going to another lane close to her and have a talk backstage with other members. i have fb friends who change oshimen every now and then like changing clothes or sees 101 girls a day. When they see a new girl, they would say "wow another loli . she would be my oshimen now" and did it many times per month

19. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    I don't know what happened to Akicha before 2012 SSK and why she dropped, maybe she was out of pushed already then. But after she came back from JKT spring /summer 2013 AKB treated her like someone not wanted. She was mostly only seen in the background of team B and hardly even there. It lasted until summer 2014 but now it's better. Failed push? NO, no push.

20. antaressa20

antaressa20 Kenkyuusei

don't forget Shinta Naomi. regular senbatsu since 2nd single, front member and captain of team KIII, didn't rank in 1st jkt sousenkyo, flop in almost every vote-based competition, in 2nd sousenkyo only get in undergirls lower than 3rd generation member who get the undergirl center.[hehe]

how about Takeuchi Miyu? azuma rion? can they considered as failed push too?