1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Watanabe Mayu (Mayuyu) / 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. yukizuri

yukizuri Kenkyuusei

It's been near a year since I last came here. Not that I lost interest AKB but many other things to do.

The thing is, when the election date approached, I remembered that Mayu made my most beautiful day in my life last year in Tokyo Dome;
    that is why I've bought a CD at the last minute and voted for her, only once this time (instead of x4 last year).

Watching the election today, I've seen an angel. I wasn't even shocked by her 3rd place, votes were high, and above all, she seemed so happy, it was unreal.
    I was so happy for her. She achieved so much, remember times when she cried with ponytails because losing 2 ranks ? (or so).

At that time, we would have done everything to comfort here, because she was so "kawaii"...
    But now, can you see the journey she walked ? SHE IS comforting us. She was saying "I'm happy, so please be too".
    Seeing this, I can't but keep loving her. I can't even find my words. Sorry for the disgression.

2. mayuyukamioshi

mayuyukamioshi Kenkyuusei

I am so happy to see everybody including Mayuyu with this positivy about next year,I think that we manage better this lost because of Mayuyu and because there was not the same pressure as 2013, in that time she was center for every akbsingle (uza, so long, sayonara) and everyone was expecting her to be number one to win against their senior.
    I think that when Mayuyu ranked 1st the last year she felt relaxed and she begun to enjoy more being an idol, I am happy to be a mayuyu oshi and to have found her randomly looking , I am proud of being a mayuyu fan, Next year we can get 200k for Mayuyu, I think that it is possible

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  3. leoASH

leoASH Kenkyuusei

Thanks all for the comment
    @Starlight and @Ruki it glad to know that only mayu got that fan chant last year..it was such memorable ssk at least for me & that's what make it more awesome
    Better start saving up right now after her single of course..we want to make mayu take the 1st throne next year..

4. evolnitlas

evolnitlas Kenkyuusei

I have not listened to AKB48 for years... Well i was always a casual listener, cause I never understood what they where singing about.
    But now I have started to study japanese full time and therefore it feels relevant again to some extent. I am also writing a thesis on behavior among fans and how it is used as a model for doing business, hence the joining of this forum... To get into the mix sort of speak...And some curiosity as well of course!

Anyways, since I have been absent from "the scene" for some time I just gotta say the following:
    Dude! Watanabe got old man! Couldnt even recognize the girl anymore. Totally thought it was someone new. Funny how puberty can change someone that much.

5. Konoe

Konoe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu

I felt crying in sadness when her name was called but she looks so happy and very lively in her speech (which I didn't understand at all that time. Thanks for the translation Starlight!) that I got mesmerized by her maturity once again and made me proud that I'm following such a fantastic woman. Mayu's growth never fails to amaze and made me love her more.

I can't get over to Yuki's sad face when Mayu was announced. Either she wants Mayuki to top together too or she didn't want Mayu to rank down despite declaring she wanted to be number 1.

Let us all continue to love Mayu and bring her back to the number 1 spot! But before that, let's drown ourselves first with her super awesome upcoming single. So excited with the release. :blush:

6. shinlyn

shinlyn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    i think her smile and speech are the brightest among all of them. Her cheerfulness might have eased our fans' heart for getting 3rd. Her short and meaningful speech has gained her new fans. It was not draggy nor it seemed scripted. Though it might not to be compared with takamina's words of wisdom but it left a very deep impression in me.

im genuine glad that she still has single released to let us fans support her :)

7. ougakeakira

ougakeakira Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakamuramariko
    I think the more likely reason is because Sasshi's votes are not as spread out. While Mayuyu probably had many, many people contribute a small amount of votes along with a few power voters, Sasshi's votes were *mostly* from power voters. I won't be surprised if Sasshi's 30,000-vote lead all came from the same guy.

8. shinlyn

shinlyn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    In that case, we can at leasttttttt feel proud of mayuyu and really view her as a queen XD
    IMO all of those people who contribute a few votes and accumulate together are far for important that power votes from a single person (not in the terms of winning and losing)

9. ABF48

ABF48 Member

Finally feel more calmed than before :) and wanted to post my thought.

I think i dont need to explain much, because it was already explained so well in here. :) We feel frustated with this lost, it cant helped :D Afterall, it was a lose. And i think everyone will be frustated if they lose. :)

But knew how mayu and we (mayu's fans) facen this problem and how mayu handle her apperance when her name has been called was.. so amazing. i still didnt understands why she can be so shining even that her rank is down. Her smile, her relaxing vibe, her calming attitude,.. i think that was so amazing. :) Only Mayu can do that. and IMO takamina

We win on that :) and also we win at "Mayuyu" call from last year :p.

Mayu is.. i dont know, i just cant explain about her. She was different from the others, more shine, more bright, more everything. And what i still wondering is, behind those Girly Fragile image of her.. she actually a strong girl, more than what i tought. :) Like, i dont know.. its too hard to explain.. she's just amazing, too amazing. Sashi was really impress me, but for this strong attitude of mayu.. she's the winner of everything.

Again, like last year, This year mayu has made amazing scene for me :) And i will never forget that. Last year with "Mayuyu's Call", and this year with her strong appearance when accepting her defeat. :) that was really proud of Mayu :)

10. shinlyn

shinlyn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I missed on the call last year :*( as i had only become a fan this year.... well, of course because of mayuuu im here XD

11. ABF48

ABF48 Member

We still have her new single wich is best of the best !!

Oricon 1st ! Itunes 1st ! rechochoku 1st ! Soundcloud 1st !!! Evrything 1st !! :D

And so, her solo concert !!

And maybe another role in new dorama [hehe]

12. seiji

seiji Kenkyuusei

I'm really proud of Mayu.
    Last year when Mayu won, some people said that was because other graduated member's gave their votes for her. And then they said that the votes would went to Yukirin this year because Mayu won it once already. So I was worried, what would we do if her votes dropped?

But the votes for Mayu this year is amazing. Very proud of us and Mayu. Can't express enough my feeling about our queen. She is the brightest star for me.

sorry for my broken English.

13. leoASH

leoASH Kenkyuusei

Reassure mayu...at least we can look more forward to her akb career..her fail this year make she stay in akb for 2 years more so she can aim to win consecutive win.
    Looks forward to today concert..
    Since last night concert was awesome especially for us mayu oshi..her hair and looks so beautiful..she still sick last night since i'm notice during the event..Mayu was missing..
    But her energy in concert last night was full blast..the way her hair flip especially uza..omg..

if the video does not show watch the video here

14. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    I'm...disappointed at Mayuyu's ranking. Not only she lost, she got 3rd. Not only we have a rivalry with Sasshi, but Yukirin as well.

We'll have to accept this result though...:3rd:

And we'll still continue supporting Mayuyu!!!

15. Bushido

Bushido Kenkyuusei

Think most of us got complacent. Yes, we all wanted her to rank #1 again but the urgency just wasn't there. Just how I felt. Next year it will be a dog fight once again.

16. Center

Center Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    I know that her dropping in 3rd is a bad thing. but I think there are also people out there like me who switched oshi's.. Seeing how she handled it properly..

17. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    i don't remember uza being Mayu centered

anyway just here like every year after SSK

Mayu honestly surprised me this year, her way of handing the lost is really graceful and that hair and smile, she was radiant i admit, ever since 2015 she constantly surprises more, no more 2010 SSK speech Mayu, but 2015 graceful Mayu and i like it.

She seemed very happy even with the 3rd place which really surprised me considering she's very competitive. So just wanna be here to say that.

18. elbaf89

elbaf89 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    ^Who are you and what did you do with @kk127 ? [hehe]

I don't mind if she is not center anymore, I think she would be perfect with a position similitar as Mariko sama had (front member, super popular, great senpai). Her smile when she was called 3rd was just perfect.

19. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    i feel like her hair really pulled me towards her, plus Deai no Tsuzuki is my new jam for the past few weeks, i don't have this strong hate anymore i think

but it's the hair people, the hair and the forehead, no more crappy ponytails

20. elbaf89

elbaf89 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    ^Her campaign with Avail it is one of the best things could have happened to her. Since its start she seems to be more stilish and mature