Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Hey guys, thanks for expressing your concerns and I apologize for not being any much of help.

We're not able to get into touch with the absent administrators at this current moment, and though we can handle certain aspects such as the threads being moved (which has just been neglected by us the moderators), there is the need for admin. Ithebigc is about to start his new job, and so I personally feel like we'll be needing more mods for sure.

I like the idea brought up where the host of the site can contact Mr.Waffle and I'd be supportive of the idea in order to get someone else to take over or assist administratively on the forum. But even we are not able to get into contact with Mr.Waffle regularly (or have the knowledge of how to run a website), and so unfortunately, we are all in the same boat currently.

2. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

So... that's great someone responded, thank you. But how long will you guys "neglect" these requests?

Or should we put them on the *Ain't never going happen list*?

3. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Unfortunately, everything but the creation of new threads for draft members/moving threads/removing spam bots cannot be done without an administrator.

I apologize for not being more of help in that regard.

4. aezea

aezea Stage48 Designer

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Twitter:
    aezea48
    Actually, I can enter the admin panel, but I'm restricted only to the dashboard, appearance and a handful of diagnostic tests.
    I can't actually do anything from the list, so :(

5. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Would you look at that. Mr.Waffle responded to a message of mine. He said he would pop in on the weekend, so hopefully we can get some of your concerns addressed by him.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  6. oatmeal

oatmeal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    It's nice if he pops in and all to 'look at the concerns,' but the only real solution to all these issues is if he just makes someone else admin. No need for buying out the domain or anything, we just need an active admin, or two, or three, to take over duties and appoint a fleet of moderators.

This way he can just keep on doing what he's doing and not be concerned with Stage for as long as need be.

7. kinakomochi

kinakomochi Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

+1

Thanks for your work, Smilodon -- hopefully MW will be able to catch up with a bunch of concerns in the membership and site. Looking forward to it, thanks again.

8. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
  9. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Good to know. Thanks Smilodon :).

10. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

Thanks @unwanted for getting people to report you and attracting a mod to this thread.:p

11. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    it was for the greater good lol

12. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

This, this this this.
    If @MrWaffle is at least keeping an eye on the forum actually being up and running, all other on-site tasks can be handed to someone else who cares to do them. Additional admins are sorely needed. People who will actually be present to do the work required.

13. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I guess one of the most important things now (and I don't mean the rest isn't important, of course) is to promote one or two people to admins (since the current admins have been of little help for a long time and it doesn't seem it will improve from now on), and those members should have a good knowledge about the software and applications supporting the forum. There is a long list of candidates for mod, but I guess the list of candidates who can 'operate' the forum is far smaller.
    PS: thanks @Smilodon. It's a pity we have to thank one of the mods for popping up, but things are the way they are... I understand that mods and admins are humans too, and they have job, studies, girlfriend, family...but it shouldn't be so difficult to pop up from time to time to say (at the very least) they won't be too active for a time...

14. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Yeah... This goes to both admins and mods.

People will understand if you have "personal issues" or if you're busy with school/work or if you're just burnt out. What's NOT understandable or maybe unforgivable is NOT communicating with your community about those issues or just ZERO communication period.

Dropping in and out anytime you want, out of the kindness of your heart...is BS. You made the choice and volunteer for this position, if you can't do the job. Give it to someone else who can.

I work 2 jobs, have my own personal issues and I still go to work on a forum doing my mod duties. Like communicating with a community I enjoy conversing with. I enjoy doing my job as a mod and the community I serve.

The day when it's not fun, I will leave, tell everyone and pass the keys to the next deserving person. But for right now. I'm good. What about you?

15. twopointslow

twopointslow Kenkyuusei

if the current mods aren't motivated enough to do their duties diligently, what makes y'all think appointing one as an admin would help?

16. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

I would believe you, but this thread shouldnt have gone this far to just to get a mod or Waffle to respond.

But I would like to hear it from the horse's mouth. If that is the problem, lacking more mods. Why can't the mods tell us? Which brings up my problem again. Lack of communication from the admins and mods. If this is an issue, why be silent? Why leave rest of us in the dark? What's the point?

17. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

I don't know why we should be bothered by the "sneaky users" if they behave in a decent way. Not saying we shouldn't keep an eye on them, but if they realise what they did wrong in the past and are acting like a different person (genuine or not) I don't see the problem. After all, the point of a ban is to get rid of toxic behaviour if nothing else works, not to just punish them out of spite.

18. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Bias mods are another thing that needs to be removed. That will be a problem in finding one here to be a new mod.

Forum business over fanboys & kliqs

19. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I'm not sure if Waffle is the person to bring this up to or not, but I think the Wiki might be in need to some attention too. From what I hear there is only one person with any admin access at all, they are unable to grant access to anyone else, and I believe they said they weren't sure how much longer they wanted to do it. Hopefully whoever is put in charge has the ability to manage that as well.

20. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

Agree with @rka. I've only been a member for a little over a year on this forum but I've been a long time lurker . As much as I enjoy S48, S48 does have a reputation amongst the AKB fans.(Not in a good way either).

In my opinion mods take a minimal/hands off approach - There have been folks who have been banned but are still here on a new account. Unless some blatantly says toxic things like F you or this member is a *****, a lot of the times mods don't step in. A lot of the toxic members have resorted to passive aggressiveness. They will insult you or a member in the most polite and underhand way.

Other things like bullying goes on. For example stating an opinion differs from the majority. I remember a lot of members were afraid to post their negative rankings for S48 member rankings because they were afraid of retorts and backlashes. It up to the mods to enforce rules and ensure that we can post in peace.

As a person who uses many other forums, I personally would prefer a more active approach. Even if a thread looks like it might go south, they should step in to redirect or deescalate the situation. If people get out of line you should direct warnings so everyone can see. This is make an example of what not to do.

I also think we don't have enough mods. Mods have their own life so we need alot more just to fill in when others can't.

Maybe I'm foolish for suggesting all these considering how immature a lot of the fandom are. I dream that one day S48 will reach a level of maturity.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015