Single AKB48 41st [Halloween Night] 15/08/26

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Center

Center Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    KFC and KNP are catchy.. Not this one.. Excited for undergirls song..

• Like Like x 1
  2. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    No kidding! I also thought of Momusu and Love Machine after listening to the song a few more times. I was like, "Hm...why does this sound familiar?" [hehe]

Ah, I wasn't too off on the Michael Jackson similarity then.

I thought KFC sounded more like the late 60's/early 70's era, but yeah, I could be wrong. Halloween Night definitely sounded like it came from the peak of the disco era though (late 70's).

3. YukoOshima

YukoOshima Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Can't believe they gave sashi this song to me it feels like a b side song or maybe they really dont like sashi

Sent from my 7040N using Tapatalk

4. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I actually agree with you 100%. The costumes were a nice twist but seriously this is a Halloween based song, how can anyone make it a lead single! Gotta give credit to Aki for creating the song this fast, but if the quality becomes this bad, then I feel he should spend more time working on the songs.

5. Hitokage

Hitokage Kenkyuusei

Don't worry there, Sasshi tweeted that this is a very good song, something which she's not even confident about for Koichun.

6. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    The song is kinda forgettable and basically Durian Shonen, Taiyou Knock, and Mae Nomeri are wayyu better than this. Atleast i still remembered how it sounded like after 3 hours. When i try to remember how it sounded like my inner LoveLiver just took control and before you know it i'm humming Dancing Stars on Me.

And the "Are you ready?" Part reminds me of Idol no Oujya.....

The song itself is actually not bad but really??? Halloween??? I just wish the song is called "Summer Party" instead with a Bikini PV

7. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Green Flash is a GREAT song, wth? The music video... is atrocious though, lol. I have no idea what they were going for with that video and you can't even tell that Yuki or Haruna are centers!

Halloween night better have a decent music video. One thing that's true about the sousenkyo music videos is that they are really good.

8. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Knowing how AkiP and AKB48G works, I don't think they consistently work under the motto "quality over quantity" sadly.

9. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    Aki-P might have made the decision to make this song the new A-side but he didn't compose or write it. He's a lyric writer so if you're wondering who to thank for those amazing H-A-L-L-O-W-E-E-N trick or treat lyrics it's lyrical genius Aki-P.

10. Pierxe

Pierxe Kenkyuusei

so many flaws in this song lol
    they didnt even give yukirin that 2nd spot spotlight thing yuko had back then (u know dancing next to aachan and all)
    and the song itself is bleh..it feels like a song that belongs to team 4 lol.
    and mayu looks so bored and the dance has no thrill LOL... idk maybe im just so used to the BwT promotions with heavy dances and upbeatness and all
    also if u were a casual fan you would think BwT was the ssk election single lol.
    and not cause im a paru oshi but seeing paru dance all the way in the back just looks really off.
    and it completely broke the good streak akb48 was having for 2015
    Kibouteki refrain (good) - green flash (good) - bokutachi wa tatakawanai (good) - halloween night (huh?)

also this doesnt really feel like that strong senbatsu single song im usually getting
    iiwake & flying get & gingham check - you can sense the rivalry and strength in these songs
    heavy rotation & koi suru - you can feel that these girls (yuko and sasshi) got the spot with effort and the song is like an in yo face kinda song to the 2nd placers (koi suru - yuko & heavy rotation - aachan) since its heavily promoted and all

now this song is on par with kokoro no placard lol.
    except kokoro no placard had a bit more unf because mayu fans did a good job in beating the sasshi fans.

this song feels and sounds so spoon fed.
    its like ok were expecting sasshi to win and heres a song u can center
    go do it girl.

im so glad yukirin didnt center THIS SONG.
    or if she did win for sure it would be a different one.

and yeah it sounds alot like an oldie momsu song hahaha
    love machine , love revolution , happy summer wedding ,do it now :hehe:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  11. qadri08

qadri08 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    Well i agree w/ @ForrestFuller tbh

GF is definitely the worst AKB single so far. I'm like i'm completely done with GF. Their coupling songs are pretty better specially SKE's and HKT's side. At least Halloween Night is way better than GF

12. Center

Center Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    I don't think aki made this song. this doesn't sound like him...

I'm sensing a pattern here..

Those who doesn't like Green Flash likes this song.

Those who think Green Flash is better than this one.

And I'm one with the latter...

13. YukoOshima

YukoOshima Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    TBH knp is better then this and gf is way better then this. Halloween night to me has a good beat but it doesn't feel like a election song to me

Sent from my 7040N using Tapatalk

14. Momentosis

Momentosis Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    I thought Green Flash was pretty great.

Again more opinions.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    I don't really know what quality everyone is talking about that this A-side is lacking from the other A-sides (cause most are forgettable to me), but i kind of like the Halloween gimmick can't wait for the MV.

16. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

Lolol they oversold the kami song hype.....GF and Bokutachi are better than this
    Also please someone donate AKS a calendar bc they don't know when halloween is

The outfits are nice tho and have potential for fun concept for the PV.

I'm just glad none of that bikini bullsht....idc about it but AKB get flacks for it and all people think about them is for being that lingerie bikini group so much that i'm just over that shit.....now if only they chill on gravure too but I'll take what i can get......

• Like Like x 1
  17. jeauexe

jeauexe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Twitter:
    jeauexe
    More opinions but I thought I'd post anyway. I've watched the performance about three times hoping it would grow on me and I'm still confused. I was pretty unsatisfied w/ the lyrics of Durian Shounen and I said they felt really lazy but the lyrics to this song are far worse and feel even lazier. Was Aki-P even trying? It doesn't help that the song itself is so forgettable that the only part I remember is Sasshi speaking awkward english.

The thing is, Halloween is a great concept! There's so much you can do with it because to me it's a holiday which requires imagination. Most of the costumes are really intricate and amazing (poor Kaotan though), so when I saw screencaps earlier I was extremely excited because they looked so fun and campy and intricate. And we got... this song instead. I'm actually shocked that so many people on here like it haha. This is definitely not a kami song for me, imo the best SSK single is still Iiwake Maybe.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SayakaFan

SayakaFan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Well I love the costumes, and I love Halloween so if they keep this theme for the MV (which I'm pretty sure they will given the song title) then I should love it. The song itself is okay, but there's nothing that really pulls me in like songs like Uza and Heavy Rotation.

19. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    Wasn't the Kami song just one of the possibilities? They didn't say for sure that it was it. Plus any of the groups could get the kami song at this point. Maybe even future girls *is completely biased* lol

I'm one of those crazy people who like KnP better than KFC... So I'm not sure if anyone will take my opinion but I'll say my favorites are:

Iwake Maybe > Heavy Rotation > Gingham Check > KnP > Flying Get > KFC > Halloween Night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  20. Pierxe

Pierxe Kenkyuusei

woah green flash is AN AMAZING SONG
    it fits yukirins and kojiharus adult sexy like image
    if you could describe Green flash in one word it would be Classy
    green flash had way more emotion and effort put into it, it had a story to tell and the instruments used were AMAZING
    the entrance of the piano and then coming in with the electronic beats and violin combo is just superb
    the only flaw green flash had was it wasnt fit for the general public and it felt like another move for the management to promote the new gen
    so they used a W center so it would sell more lol.

unlike this
    this felt like "just incase she wins song"