Tashima Meru (Meru) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Sep 23, 2012.

1. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
  2. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    "fat photos of a fatter Tashima Meru"
    That's one Quality article.

Anyway, in her mail she has been talking, for quite a while now, about moving her diet to more greens, only eating half of something when it has a lot of sugar.
    Also about the search for a good step-counter, which she then left in the washing machine, so she had to buy another one. She talks about liking to walk and does walks of more than 15km. Here a photo:
    a391f4b7d0a20cf452b4017773094b36acaf9902.jpg

She does her best, so perhaps think about the fact that she's a girl in puberty, with the bodily changes of a girl in puberty. It's only ever mentioned in her mail, so I assume it's a sensitive topic.
    I'm quite sure she reads the Japanese version of all these gold-standard articles about her like the one above. However I thought that I'd share this, since most of time when people talk about Meru nowadays it's about her body, parts of her body or how fat she is.

3. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    When it comes to support your idol, now is the time i guess.

Still going to talk about food on the next handshake. Food is happiness.

4. Time007

Time007 Kenkyuusei

i just don't want her to fall into the "fatty idol" category and take on that character. there are a handful of girls who have done that, some can hold it up like Oba Mina, who on alot of the ske shows they joke with her about it. but i dont want her to basically run with the fatty character (which she isnt doing, not until the ppl on variety shows with her start cracking jokes, which hopefully they dont)

5. Momentosis

Momentosis Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Looking at the girls who've been able to work with the fatty chara(Noro, Shimada, Oba) they all have pretty similar personalities. Kinda tough girls who are funny. Not sure how well Meru fits into this mold.

Like Tanaka Natsumi would probably be someone who could work with it. But that's obviously not going to happen.

On a sidenote, Mio is getting pretty chunky too.

6. SaikouTan

SaikouTan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kobayashi Yui, Miyawaki Sakura
    Mio always appears chunky, then you see her gravure and you're taken aback. Her face is kinda rounded and... for lack of better words she's got a loli body that's "well endowed" :^^;:

Anyway, I don't think Meru's getting chubby, it's only puberty. Before she may have seemed like she was thinner because she didn't really have hips. Now that she's grown in that area it's a little more prominent that her waist isn't as small as some of the other girls. This makes it appear as if she's added a little weight.
    But, of course she has! She's getting older, it's not like as your body gets bigger you stay the same weight.
    I wouldn't worry though, Meru doesn't seem to be the kind of person that would let the chubby bits stay very long anyway.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  7. yudhimepa

yudhimepa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    look so funy when see woman in diet try her best to not eat to much when I'm try eating as much as I can so I can get more weight but I'm still skinny.

8. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    IMO, Meru only looks chubby because she's on the same picture/ set of pictures with really skinny people and/or "well endowed". Just look at the HKT 2nd gen quartet picture from the mizugi surprise...

You are a bad person :eek: :cold: *goes away to eat*

• Like Like x 1
  9. Momentosis

Momentosis Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    I know Mio's always been chunky but she's been getting a bit thick lately.

And Meru's definitely getting chubby. Especially around her face and neck. Enough that people can get a lot of unappealing screencaps of her.

Not saying theyre fat or anything but they've definitely tacked on a fair bit of weight over the last year.

10. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    My plight as well. :^^;: 5000 calories a day just to maintain my weight. Good thing I like to eat yummy food.:drool:

11. Time007

Time007 Kenkyuusei

well. in SNH48 there was this taiwanese girl who got 2nd place then she dropped to 10th the next year cuz she was in school all the time and didnt appear in many of the TV shows or performances. Honestly I feel like Meru is dropping off. she is still in performances BUT she isn't in as many variety shows like odekake or akbingo. She is in goboten but i think they film all those episodes at one time or sth so maybe she did them all while her school was out.

Honestly I'd rather her focus on school and go to college. But I dont think she will get a sexy bump unless she drops some weight....and combine that with her not being on many shows and losing center. well aidols live's are rollercoasters so lets see how this goes.

12. fluffy

fluffy Kenkyuusei

Most girls hit puberty and get chunky for a bit. Mio is actually getting smaller than last year and Meru will probably shrink by next year. Shige even went through a chunky phase for about 6 months a couple of years ago.

13. yudhimepa

yudhimepa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    im eating now :^^;:

14. Mimi-chan

Mimi-chan Kenkyuusei

Now now, let's celebrate for meru get in Undergirl!!

if the video does not show watch the video here

personally, i'm a little bit dissapoited that they choose ballad song AND SUDA TANI IS IN UNDERGIRL

15. Time007

Time007 Kenkyuusei

yeah you are right. i remember shige's chunky phase. and she got over it.

16. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

Mio is not chubby. look.
    [​IMG]

I like this song better than Holloween. It actually stars more of my favorite girls than Holloween.:^^;:

17. Time007

Time007 Kenkyuusei

1. doesn't take much to be better than the Halloween song haha. "are you ready? ready? ready" no we are not ready and never will be for that song.
    2. so shocked tani marika is an undergirl wow can't believe she got undergirl status
    3. miichan is in this. sad she is in this with tani marika. man she is sunk

She looks about the right weight here BUT, its a photo with just her in it, so they can catch her at the right angle, so it appears slimmer. well anyways, I think from certain angles she looks slim, but when you see the live performances they can catch her from an angle below her or an angle thats not so flattering. well anyways, if she can get to looking like this at all angles and in the videos/concerts/photoshoots etc she will be more than fine! this is the meru I'm used to.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2015
  18. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

lol I remember some of us were talking about Meru weight gain in this thread a couple months ago. She did gain weight this year but not to the point where I could classify her as "chubby idol". It just looks worst than it is because she was super skinny. It doesn't help that Meru has the type of body that if they put on a few pounds it will show in her face. Unlike some people who put all their weight in their mid section and stay unchanged everywhere else.

19. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

^I think its because she has narrow waist. It makes any fat on mid section stand out.

2- Yani is looking pretty cute considering what she looked like in HKT.
    3-Miichan in a way is lucky. She gets to go back to High School again. If it wasn't for being sent down, she would probably graduated with Takamina.

20. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    I made a post in Mio's thread (last Sept?) about people saying Mio was gettin Chunky & how it was "over" ect.... AND I predicted Mio by this time would prove she was just going thru puberty & that Baby-Fat would burn off. As the pic above clearly shows!

I SUPPORT Meru - Even if she stays as 'puffy' as she currently is - she's STILL adorable & I'd love to date an Asian girl w/ her looks & gifts. But I will also go on the record & say I think Meru will be fine! - It's Baby-Fat - She'll be OK. She's always been energized & Genki & she sweats ALOT on stage which means she's burning alot of calories - which could explain why she likes food so much because her body BURNS ALOT of calories.

Didn't Miki Nishino have a 'rounder face' (or a seemingly chubby?) period in the last year?? Now look at her - Her face is in the AKB "Halloween Night" Dance Tutorial is slim & lady like & her limbs are rail-thin (almost as thin as Okada Nanas).

Meru is transforming into a Swan - can't wait to see her evolve.